Launch day plans...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Whether you're buying the Wii at launch or just hanging out with a friend who's going to buy one, post your launch day itinerary here:

Myself, I have all-hours access to the mall because of my kick-arse arcade, so I'll be able to hang out in there until launch time, be it at midnight like I hope, or early morning. This will guarantee that I'll be first in line. Evil, I know, but a level of taint I am willing to bear. I think I might even set up a TV in my arcade so that I don't even need to take it all the way home to play it (I live a whopping 5 minutes away from the mall). I'll have one of my employees work the following day so that my GF, my best friend, my sister, and I can just veg all day long in front of the glorious new Nintendo device. Ah, it's good to be the one who makes the schedule at work.

Posted by Zeta

Buy Wii. Lock self in room for several days, playing Metroid Prime 3.

Although I probably won't get it on launch day. =/

Posted by Arcadios

Go to bathroom.
Play with my Wii.
Go to the mall to get a Wii.
Play till I forget I have school the next day.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Probably going to the EB where I used to work and taking someone's pre-order if I can swing it. I still have friends there, so it should be difficult. Then I plan to lock myself into my room and play some sweet Zelda and Metroid. After that, I plan to get bored and forget about the Wii until SSBB or Mario Galaxy comes out. Then it'll be just me and my 360 playing some sweet FPSs.

Posted by maian

...Well, I probably won't be able to get it on launch day. =/

Money causes problems.

Anyhow, if I do, I'll be sure to rush to the store. For some reason, people just aren't big gamers who. I'm almost positive it won't sell out. Either way, I'm gonna try to preorder. I'll immediately buy Twilight Princess, and rush home.

I'l then proceed to play it for so long and be such a couch potato that I'll develop diabetes. :(

Posted by muffla

im probly gonna wait untill ssbb comes out then play that unitll warioware comes out unless somthing really catches my eye

Posted by protomanv4

Well I won't be getting Wii on launch date but instead getting it on Christmas. One reason is more game selection ( I hope) and I would play every day untill school starts :) .

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm going to buy it, watch my brother play Zelda for fifty hours or whatever, then play some Red Steel with him and maybe Metroid Prime 3. Hopefully my cousin will come down wiht his Wii and join us, but if not we'll have to communicate via the internet.

I plan to make the Wii launch as enjoyable as possible, so whenver i hear the chime of the Wii logo, I can remember that day and go, "Yes, this is awesome."

Man, I really hope Wii is released on/very near a break or weekend.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'm going to be there, at midnight, and be the first person in the city to get one. I have arrangements with the store owners. :)

It also helps that there are about ten shops in the city centre that are doing the launch, but the one that I am going to be getting my console from is in the basement of a clothes store and hardly anyone knows about it. On the Xbox 360 launch there were queues at every other store - the one that's hidden got six consoles delivered, and only sold four.

The even better thing is that if it's a global launch on the same date I'll get it a good six hours before you guys even get a look-in. I'll be on here posting Youtube videos of my exquisite Wii before you know it.

Also, GameCube smashery.

Posted by Linko_16

I try to get it as soon as possible. Hopefully the general lack of interest in Nintendo in my area will make it easier.

Posted by Speedfreak

Going to GAME for a midnight launch, basically. I'll walk away with at least 5 games, I'll probably be the person that spends the most in the store again.

Posted by s0ul

Just gonna camp out right after school with my friends. Could probably preorder, but that's no fun. I will then come home shortly after midnight and skip school the following day and get as far as humanly possible in Zelda.

Oh, I'm going to preorder and camp out. :)

**** camping out. I did that with the 360 and besides getting a ton of cash... ****ing awful. Maybe it's because I live in Canada and had to endure -20 degree weather, but ain't no way I'm doing it if the Wii comes out late october/early november.

Posted by Bebop

Not sure if I'll get one on launch day. I'm really interested in getting a console that isnt black or white (The red and green one has my fancy) and just looking at console lifecycles, more and better colours are released shortyl after launch.

I'm grabbing a black one to match every other console I have. I'll also be picking up a black facepalte for my 360, and maybe getting a black Lite, although that depends on cash. Money.

Posted by Bebop

Goth.

Thats what I dont like about the current Wii launch colours. It seems every concolse or mp3 player or whatever is either black or white. If Wii is presenting itself as something different shouldnt its colours be doing the same?

No. You don't want to be too different.

I'd much rather have black than this in-vogue white.

Posted by Bebop

I'd prefer white to black if I had to chose the curretn launch colours. It's the lesser of two evils. Still I'd rather prefer something else. Not something too alien like rainbow or purple with yellow spots though. Just red or green :(

I'll probably get a black Wii, and a black PS3. Thus making the the 360 the "black" sheep of the bunch.

Faceplate that shit.

I can see the top of my 360 so it would look dumb :(

So can I. I'm still gonna do it. :)

Mind you, I never had a white fronting. Mine came with the blue swirly Hot Rod design. :p

Posted by Axis

I have the Hotrod faceplace, doesn't look that good but it's better than the white one. I'm just waiting for the Forza one.

Posted by Last Fog

Hmm, what will I be doing on launch day... Oh yeah, playing Xbox.

Posted by Klarth

Dash out of school at morning break (10:50), return with a black Wii soon afterwards.

Here's hoping that my new timetable lands me a free period or two on that day...

Will you have time to take your new system home, or will you be forced to guard it carefully for the rest of the school day to protect it from thieves and vandals?

He doesn't live at home. :cookie:

Posted by Shade

Play my PS2, then think about how angry I'll be if the Camelot RPG for the Wii is a new Golden Sun, and how I'll force myself to buy it then.

Given that "The New Camelot RPG" was announced at E3 2001 for the GAMECUBE, I have little faith that it'll ever show up on Wii anyway. You'll have to settle for being angry about every 3rd-party developer that you like on the ps2 developing more heavily for the Wii than the ps3. :D

Posted by Shade

http://wii.ign.com/objects/015/015822.html

*ahem*

Quoting Shade: http://wii.ign.com/objects/015/015822.html

*ahem*

Yes, I know. They had the same thing before the GAMECUBE launch. Everyone from Nintendo Power to Game Radar had a little blurb about Camelot working on a GAMECUBE RPG. Where is it?

Posted by Shade

On the Wii. :)

...I hope.