P2P Trouble

Posted by Alastor

For some reason, I'm the only one on this computer who can access P2P programs, such as LimeWire and Ares. I have no idea why this is, either. Both of those programs are allowed by my firewall, and every user on this computer has admin rights, except Guest. The only difference that I know of is that my desktop was the first one set up, so that may give me some kind of extra power or something, but I doubt it.

The settings are exactly like they are on my desktop, but they won't connect for some reason. Any ideas?

Posted by Linkman

If the .exe file (the program itself) is on your desktop and not in the Program Files folder, and your desktop is password protected, then no one but you will be able to run it.

If the program is in Program Files, then I don't know. :(

Posted by Trigger

Uninstall and re-install. If given the option to install "only for me" or "everyone on this computer," choose everyone.

Posted by Alastor

I just installed LimeWire yesterday, and it was on my dad's desktop. It finally connected after about five minutes, but I'm unsure about my sister's desktop still. Also, it is in Program Files, not on my desktop.