Neat Bulletin

Posted by The Judge

From myspace, but I still found it neat.

Q1.
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids
already, three who were deaf, two who were blind,
one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would
you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the
response for this one.

Q2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only
your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three
candidates. Who would you vote for?

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults
with astrologist. He's had two mistresses. He also
chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until
noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of
whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian,
doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never
cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?
Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the
response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is ******* Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion
question: If you said YES, you just killed
Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think
before judging someone.
Wait till you see the end of this note! Keep
reading..

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

And Finally, can you imagine working for a company
that has a little more than 500 employees and has
the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at
least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the
last year...

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.
The same group that crank out hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Huh, I've always loved these little things of truth.

I knew the congress one already, but the other two were pretty cool.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The woman should have had an abortion though, no matter who the fetus might one day become. There's no way of knowing, so it's better to not even risk it. As for the second one, chances are you'll know more about the politician than if he smokes or not before you vote for him. You know, like if he hates jews with every fiber of his being.

But yeah, I get the point of what it's trying to say. And I've seen this before.

Posted by Stalolin

First one is more accurately a dipiction of Mozart than Beethoven as Mozart's mother had seven children and five that died during childhood.

christ man look this stuff up

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I must spread more reputation around before giving vampiro negative rep :(

Posted by cas

Quoting Vampiro: The woman should have had an abortion though, no matter who the fetus might one day become. There's no way of knowing, so it's better to not even risk it. As for the second one, chances are you'll know more about the politician than if he smokes or not before you vote for him. You know, like if he hates jews with every fiber of his being.

But yeah, I get the point of what it's trying to say. And I've seen this before.

I remember it at VGS. I'd have voted against Hitler based on his vegetarianism. Imagine if he became world leader? Nevermind the jew thing.... could you imagine if he put an end to eating meat?! Id probably line up for the furnace on my own. :eek:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I remember it at VGS.

Oh yeah, that's most likely where I saw it. But if just goes to show you how bat**** crazy Hitler was. *** forbid you kill an animal for the purpose of food, but hey, killing millions of jews for absolutely no reason is fair game. Awesome.

Posted by Raptor

I strongly support Adolf Hitler's vegetarianism. Good man, eating well and thinking of the animals.

Posted by Speedfreak

I picked Winston. I don't trust decorated war heros, let alone vegetarians. Someone who's got problems seems much more trustworthy.

Posted by Ch

I picked Churchill.

Don't really like or trust(for that matter)vegatarians. :)

Posted by NeXidala

Yeah, I saw that bulletin on Myspace. I thought it was really cool. Though, I felt so stupid because I would have killed Beethoven and picked Hitler as our president. *shivers* Oh well.

Posted by Echo

Struck me as a bit on the silly side.

No way would I have told the woman to have an abortion, because as that example shows, one can still have a very full and fulfilling life despite those problems (or even more fulfilling than the rest of us).

The world leader thing I knew was BS. There's no way I would vote knowing ONLY that about people, so I figured it was something like that. And it's really pretty easy to point out ONLY the bad in generally good people and make them look better than generally bad people, if you point out ONLY the good in them.

The congress thing I immediatly guessed that it was something in government. I think it reflects far worse on those of us (well, you, I just turned 18 about a month ago) who voted for them than those people themselves.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Completely uninteresting and predictable. I guessed what it was going to be as soon as I saw "LOL DONT LOOK DOWN". I read further, and sure as **** I was right. One more reason to stay away from retardspace:cookie:

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting NeXidala: I would have killed Beethoven and picked Hitler as our president. *shivers* Oh well.

I'd still vote for Hitler.

And I don't vote, period. I'd still vote for him.

He'd show them evil Congress people how to be a healthy, upstanding, Jew slaying role models.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sapphire Rose: I'd still vote for Hitler.

And I don't vote, period. I'd still vote for him.

He'd show them evil Congress people how to be a healthy, upstanding, Jew slaying role models.

Yeah right. Seriously, if you had the chance would you REALLY pick Hitler as a president. BS, no offense.

Posted by Xenos

The whole wife thing on Hitler ... they left a few details out. In his youth, he had syphilis from a Hebrew hooker. :cookie: Had some dirty stories with other women too. Huh, I am curious on this vegetarianism ordeal - someone care to elaborate?

Posted by NeXidala

Probably a lie. How can they even prove that? Get 100 feet from him and you're dead! BAM!

Posted by Iris

Yes, I chose candidate C. Yes, I would opt to abort. No, my reality isn't shattered.

The whole bulletin seems completely obnoxious. Just another detail-lacking "Good things can be bad too, aaaaah" trick quiz.

Posted by Arwon

He was a vegetarian because he had a bad digestive system and was paranoid about his health.

Anyways, Beethoven deserved to die. Thank G-d for abortions.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=NeXidala]Probably a lie. How can they even prove that? Get 100 feet from him and you're dead! BAM!

Well! I believe he sought for help about it later on when he could afford [though it was too late and affected his thought process already] and it was found in his roomates' journal.

Posted by Linko_16

I tried to use the second part with the candidates for ruler of the world with somebody on ZeldaPower, my other forum. He had been insisting that another member's friend must've been a failure and a dumb-@#$ because he had done drugs.

[color=white]Member with friend: You've never met him, you've never seen him, you don't know anything about him except that one thing.

Him: That's all I need to know, Druggies fail at life, et cetera, blah blah blah...

So I sprung this on him hoping it'd humble him a bit.

Me: (after the quote) Not that I support drug use, but it would do you well to appreciate the depth human beings are capable of.

Him: See, Linko, that just tells you that politicians are evil. Either they're crooks and they will do evil things out of the public eye, or they're honest and they'll commit artocities.

Me: Way to totally, totally, TOTALLY miss the point. You CANNOT label people based on one aspect of their lives. You're saying great leaders who have done enormous services to the entire world are evil, as evil as someone with a complete disregard for human life, because their history is bespeckled with these little faults and indulgences? Anybody is capable of anything, no matter what; even lowest, most despairing individuals may do great things someday.

Him: Ah, you see I CAN label those people based on one aspect of their life. They're sinners.

Me: YOU SOUND LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. INSTA-FAIL.

And basically after that everyone else had noticed our arguement and told him to stfu. I zinged him later when he was praising Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I asked him if the fact that the author, Lewis Caroll, wrote those while high pretty much the whole time made him a failure.
[/color]

Posted by The Judge

I bet his favorite movie is The Craft.

[spoiler]No, I've never seen that movie. Nor do I know what it's about. In fact, I have no idea what I'm talking about right now. And if it wasn't 7 am on a weekday, I would have no idea where I was either. Gosh my avatar is a cute rendition of Warakia. Props to me.[/spoiler]