Roll Call.

Posted by wave1345

How many people that I knew are still active on the boards? You would have known me as Wave or Talon, depending on IC or OoC. Does anyone even seriously Sim anymore, or has it all gone to hell?

Posted by S

I don't know you... but sim is pretty much dead here because the boards are unstable. Once the re-stabalize I might fix it up a bit more.

Posted by wave1345

A shame. Does anyone still use the Sim Battle Chatroom for their fights, or is their another medium?

Posted by Project ShadowX

The Sim Battle Chatroom is nothing more than a chatroom.

Posted by wave1345

Boo.

Posted by S

I never liked Chat-sim anyway. No skin off my back. We use our posts.

Posted by Crono

We don't use the chatroom here. It's more or less a waste of space. I don't know about Wave, but the name Talon sounds familiar.

Posted by wave1345

I guess using the boards isn't bad, so long as the participants are all prompt in responses, but then it's not much different than a chatroom.

Is there any storyline to the boards, like when Tarrant was terrorizing everyone, and everyone was trying to find a way to beat him, or that war that went on, that I mostly don't remember, except Talon was one of Ace's guys... long time ago.

Or is it just random battles and the like?

Edit: Reading through the 5 person FFA post, I noticed something that confused me. Back when I was still big into Simming in the chats, and on Sim-8, one of the paramount rules was that you couldn't post an attack and then it's effect. Whether or not it connected, and the outcome, was left up to the target. That's why it worked best in the chatrooms, because it required each opponent make attempted attacks, and the other would have to describe the outcome. That takes a good amount of posts, so it went fastest in chatrooms. That's not how it's done anymore?

Posted by S

Correct. It's been that way for two years now it seems.

Posted by Crono

Been that way since before I started battling in 2001, actually. At least, it has been here. There are a few other places that play it your way, Wave. RPGP does it in the Ortho style that you're used to seeing.

Posted by wave1345

I just checked out the Anfiniti RPG Network, is that what you meant by RPGP? Google seems to think so, and I'd trust Google with my life.

Not too keen on the whole deal with hitpoints and lists of attacks, but oh well...
I'm still looking for a place that does it how I used to; I'll let you guys know if I find something interesting. Any more links I could check out, Crono?

Posted by Crono

Yes, that is RPGP, and you were looking in the wrong place. The listed attacks and such is the battle arena, which is a completely different thing from what you want.

[url=http://www.anfiniti.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92]This is what you were looking for, I think.[/url]

RPGPalace changed their name to Anfiniti when they updated and released their new RCS hack...

Posted by wave1345

Ah, thanks. I see it now.