Concerning Heartless and Nobodies...

Posted by maian

I'm rather confused.

How come when Sora became a Heartless, he became a mere Shadow, while Xehanort became the Ansem fake? Why are Nobodies completely different people? If you become a Heartless, are YOU the Heartless, and the Nobody is someone else? How exactly is a Heartless born? Can Heartless ever regain their true identities?

Beating Kingdom Hearts 2 left me...confused. :)

Posted by Arcadios

What I think:
Heartless=1/3 of the original person
Nobody=1/3 of the original person
Third enemy to be introduced in Kingdom Hearts 3=1/3 of a person

Heartless are actually just hearts that are consumed by darkness thus the irony of them being named "heartless".
Nobodies are the same, they are the body of the incomplete person who was consumed by darkness.
A person is made up of a heart, body and soul.
Once darkness ingulfs them these ingredients become seperated into diffrent beings but I believe that Kingdom Hearts 3 with introduce a third enemy that is made up of a soul.
Without these ingredients a person cannot be.
Once they have returned to each other they have the ability of joining back together again thus reverting the person to his or her former self.....I think. :)

Posted by jefferey shalome

well, sora was brought back, so his heart was strong enough to manifest itself in physical form perhaps?

Posted by Tysis

Here is what happens:

1/3-Heart
1/3-Body
1/3-Soul

When you give in to the darkness in your heart, the darkness consumes you, taking your heart away, which turns into a Heartless. What remains, is your Body and Soul, which become a Nobody. It isn't really known if your mind splits, and goes with both, or a new mind is given to the body left over, or they just both retain it all.

You seriously need to play KH 1, or just visit Wikipedia.

Posted by maian

...I played KH1. That's why I was referring to Sora becoming a Heartless, etc.

Well, this is what I'm wondering. Why do so many people just become Shadows? Xehanort became a Heartless, and he becomes the main villain of KH1. Sora becomes Heartless, and he's a Shadow. What?

Is the amount of darkness in one's heart relative to the degree of Heartless they become? Did Shadow become just a tiny Shadow since he didn't have a lot? I'm confused :(

Same case with nobodies. Why are there so many dusks, and then Organization XIII, some ubar elite group of Nobodies.

Yes, I know it's a game, and you need stupid drone enemies, but hey. :cookie:

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting maian:
Well, this is what I'm wondering. Why do so many people just become Shadows? Xehanort became a Heartless, and he becomes the main villain of KH1. Sora becomes Heartless, and he's a Shadow. What?

Is the amount of darkness in one's heart relative to the degree of Heartless they become? Did Shadow become just a tiny Shadow since he didn't have a lot? I'm confused :(

Same case with nobodies. Why are there so many dusks, and then Organization XIII, some ubar elite group of Nobodies.

I don't think it depends on the ammount of darkness in your heart, I think it depends on the strength in your heart (lol, I sound like half the people in the game).

And as for Sora being one of the weak Heartless... I think that was only for a limited time. I firmly believe he remained a Heartless until the begining of KHII. Since Roxas was his Nobody, this would mean that Sora had to remain a Heartless, correct? I just think he learned to master the powers of a Heartless, or at least, have power over it... making him a full form, kind of like Xehanort.

Really, why you see so many grunts of Nobodies and Heartless, is because most of the people who faded into darkness were not all that powerful. Notice how it's only those with outstanding power/capabilities who took on a more human form? So really, all these Heartless you run around fighting (same with the Nobodies) are probably just random men, women, and children.

Posted by Red

I think the reason Sora became a mere shadow in the first game is to leave questioning and mystery for the next game, besides they couldnt have came out with a whole new Sora, they were prolly lazy/rushed. plus they might not have even had the whole "nobody-hjeartless" idea planned out entirly.

Posted by Roxas Lover

I know that most of the people become Shadows but why did that one guy turn into a Soldier heartless in Traverse Town? Isn't a Soldier supposed to be one of those heartless that Xehanort created?

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Roxas Lover: I know that most of the people become Shadows but why did that one guy turn into a Soldier heartless in Traverse Town? Isn't a Soldier supposed to be one of those heartless that Xehanort created?

Thats a very good question Roxas Lover. That man's heart didn't actually turn into that Heartless, he was running from that Heartless. The Heartless took his heart, and then he appeared. I think it was just to add a more dramatic effect, so he appeared later.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Tysis: Thats a very good question Roxas Lover. That man's heart didn't actually turn into that Heartless, he was running from that Heartless. The Heartless took his heart, and then he appeared. I think it was just to add a more dramatic effect, so he appeared later.

Oh, okay thanks, Tysis.

Posted by Red

I think the answer to all these questions is

the creators of Kingdom Hearts rushed the game and did not think it through entirely.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Red: I think the answer to all these questions is

the creators of Kingdom Hearts rushed the game and did not think it through entirely.

That too.

Just like the thread I made about how on the Deep Dive video, after Roxas throws Riku Oblivion, Roxas suddenly has the regular Kingdom Key in it's place, but in Kingdom Hearts II, when they redo the scene with the regular KHII graphics, The extra keyblade never appears. There are a few loose ends that you can find throughout the KH universe, I just try to come up with reasons why.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Roxas Lover: I know that most of the people become Shadows but why did that one guy turn into a Soldier heartless in Traverse Town? Isn't a Soldier supposed to be one of those heartless that Xehanort created?

Hey, didn't I first ask that question? If I can find my post from the KH3 thing I'll post it here... It was some interesting stuff I found while replaying the first game.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Sanaxis: Hey, didn't I first ask that question? If I can find my post from the KH3 thing I'll post it here... It was some interesting stuff I found while replaying the first game.

Oh I just remembered that, sorry. ;)