What'd your fantasy Metroid game be like?

Posted by Sk2k52

Create your fantasy metroid game.

Name: (The name obviously, Example: Metroid X: Resseruction)
Length: (How long it'd prolly take on a normal game play, first time, no outside help)
Style: (Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, etc.
Abilities: (Custom/Original like Varia Suit, Wood Beam, etc.)
Important Bosses: (Mother Brian, a Metroid, whatever. Not including mini bosses like nightmare in Metroid Fusion)
Twist: (What's the twist, if any. Like with Fusion, and the SA-X, or the infant metroid draining Samus in Super Metroid, and dies saving her, etc)
General Storyline: (the general plot of it. Can be as long or short as you want it)
Timeline: (Between when or after/before which game?)

Feel free to add any additional sections you want, or go by your format.

Posted by Zeta

Hell, I'm bored enough. Might as well do it.

Name: No clue
Length: 6-10 hrs
Style: Fusion, w/o X absorbing.
Abilities: Pretty much everything in previous games.
Bosses: Ridley v5, Savage Kraid, etc, etc
Twist: SPACE PIRATES WIN LOL
Story: All-out war between Federation and Space Pirates. Federation is hunting Samus for the BSL incident. Etc, etc.
Timeline: Post-Fusion

Posted by Samusfreak

I would build it like this:

Plenty of enemys, a Normal Hard and Very Hard Mode, normal suit but in hard mode and very hard mode you would be able to choose fusion suit or normal suit, a level without suit, it happends to be longer than 20 hours long, there must be over 10 bosses and a lot of spacepirats, the Metroid Prime Hunters must be there as enemys too, more than 15 Weapons, and maybe all level from Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and from Metroid Prime Hunters, Fusion and Zero Missions too and the same bosses too, and the spacepirats must be the largest army in this game (over 1.000 Spacepirats).

I would call this: Metroid No Chance, Metroid Mission Imposible, Metroid Forever or Metroid Last Stand

But the problem is, it would be sooo enormes huge that your memorycard would be overfull, I think it would be over 2 Memorycards big and it would cost more than 2 games!!!

And the problem is it would take years to build a game in this size.

But I would buy it.

if anybody know a other idea than I want to read this idea please.

Posted by Slade

Name: METROID: THE BEGINNING
Length: 15 hours
Style: Bubble Bobble
Abilities: Jumping, kicking
Important Bosses: Mama Chozo
Twist: All the chozos die(ZOMG).
General Storyline: You're baby Samus doing things the Chozos tell you to. You occasionally misbehave.
Timeline: Before everything else.

Posted by GameMiestro

A stealth Metroid game would be nice. I've always pictured Samus as being more of a "sneak around and shoot only when you have to" type then a "run in with guns blazing" type.

Wasn't the point of them dropping Samus on Zebes to take out Mother Brain without drawing attention to herself?

Posted by Pit

No, it wasn't.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Samusfreak: I would build it like this:

Plenty of enemys, a Normal Hard and Very Hard Mode, normal suit but in hard mode and very hard mode you would be able to choose fusion suit or normal suit, a level without suit, it happends to be longer than 20 hours long, there must be over 10 bosses and a lot of spacepirats, the Metroid Prime Hunters must be there as enemys too, more than 15 Weapons, and maybe all level from Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and from Metroid Prime Hunters, Fusion and Zero Missions too and the same bosses too, and the spacepirats must be the largest army in this game (over 1.000 Spacepirats).

I would call this: Metroid No Chance, Metroid Mission Imposible, Metroid Forever or Metroid Last Stand

But the problem is, it would be sooo enormes huge that your memorycard would be overfull, I think it would be over 2 Memorycards big and it would cost more than 2 games!!!

And the problem is it would take years to build a game in this size.

But I would buy it.

if anybody know a other idea than I want to read this idea please.

This would be pretty much the greatest metroid game ever.

No joke.

Posted by Vasioth

Why not...

Name: Metroid: Pen adventure...
Length: 12 Hours
Style: A Super Metroid/ my own style thing
Abilities: She can shot pens 100 ft in the air... with her... mouth...
Important Bosses: Mother Pen ( I amn't stealing this... I so swear.
Twist: Samus discovers new Planet, crowd goes... wild?
General Storyline: Samus goes to Planet Pen XXIII on deserted Nebula Space on a search for the Holy pen. It all goes well until an unexpected... BOSS appears (Boss in big capitals for the excitement).
Timeline: This is before them all, like a test assignment.

I guess Sheer boredom made me do this... maybe I should reconsider...

Posted by GameMiestro

Name: Metroid: Fury
Length: 5-10 Hours
System: DS
Style: Metroid Fusion given the "New Super Mario Bros job"... with plenty of robots instead of monsters. The occasional human enemy will be thrown into the game.
Abilities: Transfer Beam- switches the position of Samus and the targeted enemy, allowing her to warp through walls and quickly target an enemy's weak point.
Rage Suit- The result of a more potent Metroid vaccination, this gives Samus stronger absorption powers, allows her to use melee attacks and gives her access to more powerful weapons. Imagine it as a buffed up, dark green Fusion Suit with a huge blade coming out of each arm.
Blade Shot- A secondary weapon that uses missle ammo. Large, green spikes shoot out of her cannon, which can then stick to walls and become an additional platform.
Twist: Samus is not on an alien planet!
Important Bosses: Muta-Ridley, Infected Federation Commander
Timeline: Right after Metroid Fusion
Story: After the events of Metroid Fusion, Samus is hunted down and brought for trial at Federation HQ. Charged with treason, she is imprisoned on the Federation flagship- a huge vessel hovering in space above Earth. However, while there, she discovers a plan of the Federation to inject soldiers with newly developed Metroid vaccines in an attempt to imitate the powerful effect they had on Samus, creating super powered soldiers capable of wiping out any opposition in the galaxy. Fearing a devastating intergalactic war would be imminent; Samus breaks out of prison (she could have done it any time, of course) and tries to stop the Federation by any means necessary.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Super Metroid is my fantasy Metroid game:D

But if I were to have the chance to design a new metroid game, these are the resounding features it would have:

- Have the ability to actually fly her ship from location to location along the surface of a planet. (some manual space shooting stages would be a nice touch too)

- Some tasks involving stealth over blasting the heck out of everything

- Addition of supporting characters and involving the mentioned but never seen intergalactic civilization; a rival bounty hunter could add a new level to Samus' world.

The most important feature I'd have is using a Third Person perspective in lush 3D enviroments; giving you the freedom of movement like Prime with a closer feel to classic side scrolling Metroid games. TPP would also open up a whole new world of possibilities for skills, weapons and abilities, both new and old.

Space Jump, Wall Jump, Spider Ball and Bomb Jumping would all become more free and easier to manage allowing them to be used at will instead of only at special locations. Grappling Hook would have all new dimentions in which to be used, making possible ellabourate swinging puzzles and the ability to do loops and wall running; The Speed Booster power up could also be re-introduced.

Also in a TPP, it allows samus to have more direct physical contact with her environment: using consoles, picking up and/or pushing objects, punching and kicking objects and enemies and for the Prime style visor abilities you could simply switch to a FPS to look around mode and toggle between visors.

I say TPP is, without a doubt, the best way for Metroid to go. As for a name for this concept, I'll just go with Metroid-X for now.

Posted by Phantom75230

Name: Metroid Relics
Gameplay: 8-10 hours
Style: Metroid Prime
Abilities: all suits, screw attack, shock missles, frost missles, flame missles, petra missles, Sap Beam
Bosses: Omega Ridley, Trace, Royal Kriken Guards, Emporer Kriken, SA-Pime, Weavel, Noxus, Sylux, Spire, Kanden
Plot: Samus has to take down the threat of the Kriken Empire (From Metroid Prime Hunters, Trace) while the space pirates have join kriken forces to eliminate samus. samus also finds a small out post of Chozo warriors that help samus from time to time. after finally killing the space pirate leader, omega ridley, the space pirates betray the kriken and fight along samus and the chozo. Sylux, Noxus and weavel try one last time to kill samus and end up joining her whilre spire just helps her. advancing to the kriken capitol they fight off the last of the kriken, their emporer, trace, and Kanden. after prevailing over the kriken, all of samus's new allies leave, while she stays to look around. Metroid prime, having stolen DNA from samus during the first Metroid Prime game appears in the form of SA-Prime. samus erradictes SA-Prime and leaves to her home world with the remaining Chozo. However Metroid prime isnt dead, and steals DNA from the rotting corpses of Trace and Kanden.

I know its long but it would be a cool turn of events