Ace Combat

Posted by InsaneGamer066

Does anyone here like the Ace Combat Series? I am a long time fan of AC games and I am looking forword to Ace Combat X for PSP.

Posted by Larry The Great

I agree with you, Ace Combat is hands down the best jet fighter game on consols.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's pretty much the only fighter jet game on consoles, sir.

I thought it was alright on the PS1, didn't play any after that. Didn't convey a sense of flight very well, in my opinion. You couldn't even barrel roll.

Posted by Klarth

Because the PS controller lacks a Z button, right?

Posted by Speedfreak

...yeah...OR

Because no matter how much you held right your ship never fully turned, it got to a certain point and just caused it to change direction, much like the gyrocopter in Pilotwings.

Posted by Bebop

Don't worry, I'm sure if Ace Combat ever makes it PS3 it'ss make good use of the Wii's tilt function :p:

Posted by Unite

Only ace combat game i have played is the 2nd one. It was fun game always nice heading into clouds and stalling the engine.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Only ace combat game i have played is the 2nd one. It was fun game always nice heading into clouds and stalling the engine.

Actually, you stall because you aren't going fast enough at such a high altitude. It took me like 5 years after playing the game to figure that out that you stalling and the clouds have nothing to do with eachother.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Actually, you stall because you aren't going fast enough at such a high altitude. It took me like 5 years after playing the game to figure that out that you stalling and the clouds have nothing to do with eachother.

hmm ty