Chain of Memories

Posted by maian

Does anybody recommend this game? I've found myself interested in KH, and I'm about to beat 2. I've been wanting a good portable game, and KH seems ideal. I like the story, it'd be cheap, and I'm sure it has replay value.

What're your thoughts on it? Good or bad?

Posted by Ayu

I like the game and all, but in this one you must use cards to battle the oppenents. You have to keep reloading the cards after they are gone. Which was annoying as ****. On top of that you are fighting alone, unless you use a friend card. Besides that I like the game. It's easy to level up, has a pretty nice story line, and moderately easy controls. Overall, I give it an 8/10.

Posted by NeXidala

Other than Mario games, I don't enjoy GBA games. I don't like them at all. If I were you I would get a game for either a PSP or a DS.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It's not BAD.
And it's not the greatest.

Gameplay wise, it's neat to have the card system. It's responsive as you'd need it to be. Battling alone isn't all that much of a hassle. If you can handle it in KHII, you can sure as hell do it here. Easy to level up, yet not so easy that it's annoying. The game is a tad easy, though. I zoomed through it. And depending on how you liked the battle system, it can have some good replay. I liked it well enough to where I've beaten it twice.

The story, while not needed, gives some good insight to the events that take place in KHII. Playing as Riku helps him become even more of a central character than he already is, too. It let's you know how some of the newer characters came about, who they are, and why they're there.
In a way it seems to be a filler game with the revisiting of so many towns and events. They try and cover that with the story, but I couldn't help but feeling that it was just a bit more of the same. That said, it is a good link between the two console games.

8/10

Posted by Arcadios

I woulkd recommend it.
I got hooked on it so much I managed to get Sora and Riku to lvl 99.

Posted by Tysis

I agree with Arcadios; I don't play GBA games (Although I play the Pokemon games every summer while watching the episodes as a type of reunion with my favorite childhood past-time)

My little brother has the game though, and I tried playing it a few times. The card system isn't that bad at all in my opinion, It's something new that I have never experianced before. But if you are looking to be a KH fan, I would recomend playing it through, just for the story.

I confess though, that I never played through it; I just watched all of the scenes from the game on a neat 3 hr movie on google video. Said link follows:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5734058952118350828&q=kingdom+hearts+com

Posted by Red

my thoughts on KHcoM were this....good quality game ex. good sound, good visuals, but it lacked gameplay, sure it was fun organizing a deck with cards and battleing heartless for awhile but it just got too old too fast, eventually you'll find yourself getting bored of the constant repetition in this game and you wont care that it has good replay value cuz u wont wanna re play it, those are MY thoughts anyways..btut nonoe thel ess a decent game 7/10

Posted by WackoHater2

Personally I didnt like it at all. I gave mine to a friend. I'd give it a 4/10.

Posted by darkwhispers

i just started it yesterday i bought it pre owned it's cheaper that way. (i also bought megaman & bass (very friggin difficult) and megaman battle network) but that's another story