DC comics or Marvel comics?

Posted by Sak

Do you like DC comics or do you like Marvel comics?
_______
I personally like both of them, but Marvel makes X-Men, which is my all time favorite comic, so Marvel.

Posted by Arcadios

I prefer Marvel.

Posted by Fate

I only read Marvel, but I was thinking of getting into DC with Infinite Crisis.

Posted by Delilah

I have a subscription to an emma frost comic, and an x-men comic, and i read batman occassionally.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm actually rather torn. Right off the bat, I would be inclined to say Marvel, but really I'm only interested in it for Xmen, which I ****ing love. On the other hand, vertigo (a subsidiary of dc) has put out some AWESOME stuff, such as the sandman series.

I suppose I'd be forced to say neither, really, since I tend not to let publisher be the deciding factor in a cook selection. That being said, I tend to think of the DC style as being overall rather ****ty. I always hated superman, and batman never really seemed that interesting (just a rich guy with tools).

Posted by Delilah

Ehh, I guess DC does have pretty crappy animaters. I wonder why...

:bounce:

Posted by Fate

Haha, no they don't!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, i was told about some guy who is considered like, THE BEST guy ever in that feild. Apaprently he works only on DC stuff.

I just dont like the genre of DC comics. Its very old school superheroes in tights type stuff, which im not into.

Posted by nich

I agree with Spam, while Marvel do travel into space and time and things like this it always seems more real when the X-men do it. Although, has anyone read Kingdom Come? It's by DC and pretty much awesome.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Theres a few DC (under the vertigo label) that rock pretty hard. Heavy Liquid is a perfect example, and also HIGLY worthy of reading. Buy it if you can, steal it if you cant. There is also the Sandman series, and I believe Sin City and V for Vendetta were also vertigo. Not sure about the last two though.

Posted by Zeta

Sin City is Dark Horse. V for Vendetta is Vertigo, though.

I prefer Marvel over DC, although I don't read comics. (I know, I'm horrible. :()

Posted by Lord of Spam

DarkHorse has done some rad stuff too. In fact, most of the stuff I like it done by smaller labels.

I just read House of M 1-8 yesterday though. I ****ing LOVED it.

Posted by Bebop

I don't pick a side. If I see a comic or hero that interests and entertains me I'll read. I don't care about who the publisher is.

Posted by Linko_16

DC is more epic.
Marvel is more dramatic.

I'm going to call it a draw.

Posted by Bebop

Your mum is more epic.

Posted by Domino

I go for the Marvel.

Posted by Preeminence

why is there no "I like both" section!?

Posted by Sak

Guess I forgot to put that. lol. But the question is "DC OR MARVEL?" not "DC OR MARVEL OR BOTH?".

Posted by Preeminence

lol im sorry i can't decide between those two its just to hard for me...im neutral

Posted by NeXidala

I prefer Marvel, personally.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They both pretty much suck these days anyways, with exception to one or two gems. Still though, when it comes to the characters themselves, it's a draw. Both Marvel and DC have their pros and cons.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Come on, what does DC have? Batman and Superman, and that's about it. Compare that to Fantastic 4, X-men, Spiderman, Hulk and just about every other comic book that has been movie-a-fied...

Yeah, I like Batman just fine. I dont' like Superman because he's just a bit too strong.

But I like Spiderman and the X-men WAYYYYYYYYY more.

Quoted post: Come on, what does DC have?

... a **** ton of characters.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I know DC is huge, which is why they're even in competition with Marvel. However, Marvel has the comics that people actually know about. Even non-comic book fans know about the X-men, and countless other Marvel comics. But when you get to DC, it's pretty much just Superman and Batman that made it big. I'm sure the rest are great books and all, but come on, how are you going to top Marvel's line up?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Can i express my opinion just based on the characters i know, even though i don't read comics at all?

If so, Marvel.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: I know DC is huge, which is why they're even in competition with Marvel. However, Marvel has the comics that people actually know about. Even non-comic book fans know about the X-men, and countless other Marvel comics. But when you get to DC, it's pretty much just Superman and Batman that made it big. I'm sure the rest are great books and all, but come on, how are you going to top Marvel's line up?

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks about Martian Manhunter and the Atom Smasher? Plus, you can't "top" what's purely subjective. Marvel may have a "stronger" and more "dynamic" main line-up, but I think DC has (had) better supporting characters and writing.

Posted by The underground

I prefer DC with V for Vendetta.