Do you enjoy the numbers?

Posted by Ant

By "the numbers", I mean the post count and rep numbers. Do ya?

Just curious.

Posted by Stalolin

YES

AS A FREEDOM FIGHTER THAT FOUGHT FOR THE REP NUMBERS I DO LIKE THEM

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Post count, indifferent. Rep is cute though.

Posted by Fate

"Enjoy" is too strong. More like "don't mind".

Just to clear it up and finalize a standpoint, all we wanted to do was enable comments to be given more freely, rather then the way it is now-- a little restricted. Reputation would no longer be public (or around, for all I know), and would be changed to simple add-on comments instead so we could all cut down on spam posts. You guys see it as some kind of tyrannical elitist force. We were just trying to help.

Yes. We know.

Posted by Fate

Then why are non-DA mods villians?

Because it's not helping if people don't want it, idk? Especially when they weren't asked in the first place? I guess that would kinda sorta do it.

but what do i know lol

Posted by Iris

Well, when it's the members spamming and the members abusing the rep system, it's not really proper for the mods to give them a say in the matter and it never has been. I'd personally prefer if we didn't have to ask the members if we can cut down on spam.

Posted by Zeta

I support rep. I wouldn't really care too much if it were taken away, but it's still nice to have.

And what kind of idiot would take away post count? All message boards have them... except the ****ty ones.

Posted by Iris

As for "other ways of going about it," we've already administered warnings, and the rules have always been known and stated over and over. There's no point in consulting you all over something as minor to the boards as reputation points. The existence of them doesn't affect the quality of your posts, and they weren't much of an asset to the board. The loss of a number isn't some extreme case of infringing on your rights. It was meant to be a way of re-directing your spam freely, without it being abused. The comments have always been held in high regards, which is why we've kept them. It's really a shame you guys couldn't live without them for just a short while, to try out the new system.

I don't think post count and reputation points are very important, and it's very annoying to see people fuss when theirs lowers. I'd be willing to sacrifice them for the sake of a better feature, such as a comment system with less restrictions

Posted by Slade

<3 my numbers, I'm hoping to get them all to say 777777777777 someday.

*staying focused*

Posted by Ch

Yea. Numbers are great.

I like numbers.

If you like numbers... say YOU LIKE YOUR MOTHER****ING NUMBERS.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them gone. I have no interest in seeing how many times I've posted or seeing how many times someone else has, much less seeing how many approve/disapprove of them.

Posted by Fate

This thread exists under a veil. Ant really isn't curious about who likes the numbers, he was (sub)consciously wanting everyone to say yes to further attack the mods. Keep in mind that Jesse is the one who makes the final decisions, not the mods. He usually kicks stuff off to you guys, but for some reason he didn't.

Someone oust this thread.

Posted by mis0

I voted yes, not because I like or really need them, but because they're supposed to be like odometers; they just let you keep track of what you accumulated..

edit: Hey Fate, ITSSA KONSPEARISSY!11

Posted by Speedfreak

I like post count just because it's kind of neat knowing how many I've done.

Rep, on the other hand, is totally useless. Abolish and replace with ordinary, unlimited comments plz.

Posted by Fate

OMG IT MUSSED BE!!!!!11 :cookie:

I like post count. Rep I could do without. Comments on posts I couldn't.

Posted by Klarth

Post count I don't give a **** about, rep numbers are fun.

Posted by Trigger

I don't mind seeing them, they're kind of fun but other than that I have no attachment or care for whether they are there or not. Sometimes I spend weeks without noticing them, until it because a rather larger number than I recall last seeing. I think I really more enjoy the ability to track back to certain posts that I have made, which people have either agreed or disagreed on, to read it again and see what they mean by it - the number is just a novelty bonus.

Posted by Gollum

Being able to comment on people's posts is fun. The numbers don't matter at all.

Posted by Roger Smith

As Lolin said, as a freedom fighter that fought for numbers. What would be the point of a forum if you didn't even have a post count? And rep is just plain nice to have:)

Quoted post: What would be the point of a forum if you didn't even have a post count?

The point of a forum isn't to gain a high postcount. It's to post. Postcounts are purely aesthetics, as you can still keep track of old posts without it. Otherwise, it doesn't serve much purpose other than telling me I have 10,000 posts.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: The point of a forum isn't to gain a high postcount. It's to post. Postcounts are purely aesthetics, as you can still keep track of old posts without it. Otherwise, it doesn't serve much purpose other than telling me I have 10,000 posts.

Well, what if I like it telling me that you have 10,000 posts?

Well, I'd just have to stroke my harbl to the thought, wouldn't I? But yeah, I've made my point. :o

Posted by sniper

The post count would be nice if it were anywhere near accurate.

It would be cool to have your "actual" post count in your profile.

Posted by Apathetic

I like them both, its fun and stuff. And Vampiro you mean with blogs included? Ohh boy would my post count go up if they did hahah. :d