Did a huge thread get deleted somewhere?

Posted by Klarth

My post count just dropped by [number]. I'm pretty POSITIVE it was over 9000 yesterday.

Just wondering.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I noticed a little change in my post count, but it's no biggie.

Posted by Lord of Spam

checking post count

i lost a few hundred as well.

Maybe it was a thread in DA. Thats the only way i can think of one thread dropping us both so much, unless it was a boardwise thing.

Posted by WackoHater2

I lost a few posts as well. Nowhere near a few hundred though. 3 or 4 I believe.

Posted by Klarth

I wouldn't have noticed if it was just three or four...

Can't have been a DA thread; posts don't count there.

Posted by Zeta

I just lost about 60 posts. Wonder what thread it was...

Posted by Slade

checking....

I'm missing about 30.

WHAT MYSTERIOUS THREAD IS THIS THAT HAS GONE THE WAY OF THE BEEDOGS?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It was one where I posted... around three-hundred times in. So I'm guessing it was multiple threads/various posts. Fate probably doing her job and cracking down on spam. Even if it is old spam that no one notices anymore.

Posted by Fate

I had at least two accomplices. :)

Posted by Zeta

C'mon, tell us what thread(s) you deleted. I don't care about my lowered post count, I'm just curious about which threads are gone.

Posted by Fate

Too many to count, to tell you the truth.

Posted by Iris

Many of them were just old spam threads that managed to get pushed back unnoticed.

Posted by Ant

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

yeah...yeah.

Posted by Fate

Me, myself, and I-- *force choke*

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: that managed to get pushed back unnoticed.

Why do you mods even bother with threads that are on page 72??? It's not like any one goes and looks at them!!! All it does is 'hurts' people poor precies post count!!! :D:D

I'll bet every one would flip out way more if I made the post count not show!!! :D:D:D heck, even I would!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Jesse Smith: Why do you mods even bother with threads that are on page 72???

Bet $10 it's a girl thing.

*Runs*

Posted by Fate

There's like 5 pages. :mew:

Posted by Iris

Wouldn't you rather have the forums clean? Besides, most of the boards didn't have more than 10 pages in them, and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them got bumped. It's a lot neater to get rid of crappy locked threads and physically remove the soft deletes. Also, I don't think anyone will miss the inspiring "is blue a gay font color?" type threads.

Posted by Fate

<3

A couple threads were bumped, btw. :cool:

Seems like a waste of time though, but what isn't these days lol :cookie:

Posted by Ant

lol at how me and vamp used the :cookie: at the same time :captain:

Posted by Fate

It shouldn't matter because post count doesn't, right? :cookie:

Posted by Iris

I certainly hope you don't really consider the cleanliness of the boards pointless, Ant. :cool:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Most message boards don't even prune. Their mods know the value of threads being listed in the search engines.

Ever hurd of Kingdom Heart!!!! :D

Girls these days... :D

Posted by Iris

Oh, the KH board is still in tact. :kiss: Still, do you really think half the threads in Off Topic are going to be popular search items on Google? I think not! :horse:

Posted by Fate

Dear Jesse, I wouldn't oust a popular Kingdom Hearts thread. To this day it gets replies, so why would I get rid of it?

I'm talking temporary threads, similar to "tomorrow i'm going to do this" or "hey, guys, should i change my font color" or even "'help on this game' /question answered /end of thread".

Quoted post: I certainly hope you don't really consider the cleanliness of the boards pointless, Ant.

In a sense, it is pointless, right? I assume they're threads that had no bearing whatsoever, and the chances of them being bumped were amazingly slim. So, yeah, it was pointless. Just depends on how you look at it.

Posted by Fate

I'd consider the pointlessness of the threads existing before I'd look at the pointlessness of ousting it. :)

Posted by Ant

You'd be surprised. I've seen lots of random guests in DA before even. And the only way a guest can get to DA would be through a google search. Considering you'd have to be a member otherwise to get into the blogs.

The more you know!:juggler:

Quoting Princess Fate: I'd consider the pointlessness of the threads existing before I'd look at the pointlessness of ousting it.

Couldn't you be thinking of ingenius ways of ousting the rep system?!

Posted by Fate

4chan would come up first. :cookie:

Posted by Ant

Quoting Ant: You'd be surprised. I've seen lots of random guests in DA before even. And the only way a guest can get to DA would be through a google search. Considering you'd have to be a member otherwise to get into the blogs.

The more you know!:juggler:

Quoting Princess Fate: I'd consider the pointlessness of the threads existing before I'd look at the pointlessness of ousting it.

Couldn't you be thinking of ingenius ways of ousting the rep system?!

Quoted post: I'd consider the pointlessness of the threads existing before I'd look at the pointlessness of ousting it. :)

**** you and your smilies, ma'am.

Posted by Fate

Take a joke, brah.

Quoting Iris: Oh, the KH board is still in tact. :kiss: Still, do you really think half the threads in Off Topic are going to be popular search items on Google? I think not! :horse:

Ant: Yeah. That.

Quoted post: Take a joke, brah.

... wait, what? lol you thought I was serious.

Posted by Fate

Can't tell anymore.

Posted by Iris

Actually, DA doesn't show up on Google... or any search engine for that matter. However, unregistered members can browse blogs just fine. Guests checking it out has nothing to do with it being on a search engine, dearest. :kiss:

Posted by Fate

Holy ****, you're right. Dungeons and Dragons ftw. :cookie:

Quoted post: Can't tell anymore.

Pretty much everything I say is relatively non-serious. Especially arguments and the like. Should clear it up :cookie:

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: Actually, DA doesn't show up on Google... or any search engine for that matter. However, unregistered members can browse blogs just fine. Guests checking it out has nothing to do with it being on a search engine, dearest. :kiss:

Huh, I remember when I was on a computer where I wasn't automatically logged in. I couldn't view the blogs. Perhaps times have changed. Or perhaps I'm just an idiot. If the 2nd one is the case; It's time to become an hero.

. . .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
. .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm
mwmwww (mmwmmm mm\ \mwmmwym
mmwmwm . .\m\mw\m \ . \m\ .\mwwmym
mmmw .\) . . \ .\ m .\ .\) . .\) . .\mwwmmm
.mmm . . \ . . ` . ` . . . . .-===-_ . . .mmmm
. mmm . . .,-===``. . . . . . . ___ . . . . .mm
. . mmmm . . _----_ . . . ._-`\ . ./``-. . . .m
. . mmm . . <_\__ /_` . . .. `-- ~ `` . . . .` )
. . . . mm . . . . . . . . .|. .. \ . . . . . . . . . . . y
. . . . . mm . . . . . . . _ . . . -,. . . . . . . .. . |
. . . . . .O\ . . . . . ,,( . . . . . ._)-, . . . . . . ?
. . . . . . . \ . . . . .` .``. . -.- . . . . .*- . . . /
. . . . . . . . \ . . .` .._____,,..--~`/ . . . ./\
. . . . . . . . . \ . . . `~ +++++**` . . . . ./ . `-.,
. . . . . . . . . . - . . . . ``=====` . . . . ./ . . . . -_____
. . . . . . . . . . . `-_ . . . . . . . . . . . . . / \ . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . . . / .\- . . . . . . . . . . ./ . .\ . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . . ./ . .\ .` - . ,____,.-` . . . ) . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . .- . . . `-, .\ . . . . . . . . . . } . . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . W H E R E S . M Y . I P O D ? . . . . . . . . .

Posted by Klarth

This seems to me like the equivalent of taking the fusebox out of the wall and vacuuming behind it. Totally unecessary and nobody will ever notice, but some women just have a compulsive, irrational desire to clean EVERYTHING.

i am kidding

Posted by Klarth

lol i'm double posting

Quoting Iris: Actually, DA doesn't show up on Google... or any search engine for that matter. However, unregistered members can browse blogs just fine. Guests checking it out has nothing to do with it being on a search engine, dearest. :kiss:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=inurl:vgchat+%22darkness+advanced%22&hl=en&lr=&filter=0

See: bottom two results

Posted by Iris

Ah, I didn't do an in URL search, so that may be why I couldn't find them. Regardless, they're in the omitted results list and there's still very few keywords that would likely draw people to it. It's very unlikely that anyone will find those off google, let alone register due to browsing DA, unless they're doing intensive searches for Guilty Gear and 4chan.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Vampiro: In a sense, it is pointless, right? I assume they're threads that had no bearing whatsoever, and the chances of them being bumped were amazingly slim. So, yeah, it was pointless. Just depends on how you look at it.

Not really. Loads of idiots bump dead threads, and if any new member saw a thread that was basically sh*t (which is very easy with Google search), it'd put them off.

That said, I found Klarth's post very funny.

Posted by Ant

I find it funny how you(sabre) only come in to post to defend the honor of Iris. But that's probably just me(an hero).

Posted by Iris

That's because I ocassionally drag him back to this hellhole with links to threads I've posted in, so he doesn't get out of the habit of calling you out for being retards.

Posted by Ant

That's cute. ^_^

Posted by sabre

Missus Iris: Haha
Missus Iris: Fate and I were cleaning a few boards
Missus Iris: Look what happened :-(
Missus Iris: http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=16822
Dreamgate Sabre: You pruned them!? :-D
Missus Iris: No
Dreamgate Sabre: Aww
Dreamgate Sabre: You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Dreamgate Sabre: I have to log in :-(
Missus Iris: Heh

I wouldn't even visit if Iris didn't keep me up to date with the all the hotxxx VGC action and thread-links.

Posted by Klarth

Hey guys, I can post AIM logs too.

Silvershade Lynx: I hate you and I hope you get hit by a train
Dreamgate Sabre: I hope you die ****ing on a rail track

Posted by sabre

The censored word is "p*ssing," for the record. I'd never wish for him to die having sex on a rail track.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Zeta: Bet $10 it's a girl thing.

*Runs*

I employed use of the LOL technique upon reading this.

For me, it's a meh thing. I'm sure that everyone is going to claim that they don't care, though. I wonder who among us actually does care, but refuses to let anyone else know that...

[quote=sabredish]The censored word is "p*ssing," for the record. I'd never wish for him to die having sex on a rail track.

I thought it might have been "****ing on a railroad track". Would make more sense than p*ssing.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Iris: Ah, I didn't do an in URL search, so that may be why I couldn't find them. Regardless, they're in the omitted results list and there's still very few keywords that would likely draw people to it. It's very unlikely that anyone will find those off google, let alone register due to browsing DA, unless they're doing intensive searches for Guilty Gear and 4chan.

Did you see what was typed in the search?

inurl:vgchat "darkness advanced"

Tell me how the hell someone will find that. Seriously. Argument out. "Darkness Advanced" brings up Dungeons & Dragons.

Edit: Who Googles "Darkness Advanced" anyways?

Posted by Poison

Just when I almost get up to 90 i get bumped back down to 85 :(

Posted by Fate

That means you suck less.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: I certainly hope you don't really consider the cleanliness of the boards pointless, Ant. :cool:

I certainly hope you dont think that old threads that are on page 50000000000 are to be considered affecting the overall cleanliness of the site, Iris. :cookie:

Seriously, get off your ****ing power trip.

Posted by Iris

Actually they're all over the forums, not just the last page (which is about 5 in most forums). And post counts shouldn't matter, so who cares? it's our job to clean and maintain a good forum, so stop *****ing whenever something doesn't go your way.

Haha, this reminds me of when Fate was first modded. She cleaned the forums and merged/split threads like crazy. Why? Because it was her job, and she actually did it, unlike a few other mods. What did she get? Other members whining, saying she was going on a power trip, eventhough she was just doing what should've been already done. For some one who's been here for years, you sure haven't a clue about VGC, Lord of Spam.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Except that the "cleaning and maintaining" you are doing is unneeded and pointless. All its doing is ****ing people off for various reasons. One would think that if the intent was to make VGC a more trafficable site, it would be wise NOT to just start making changes with no input from the users, but apparently that sort of logic is beyond you. And what the **** is with all this LOL IT DOESNT MATTER bs? ****ing lay off it. While it doesnt matter in the sense of "I NEED THIS/I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS" it is sort of fun to sit back and watch the evidence of being a huge loser pile up. And since there is NO reason to get rid of it, its basically just annoying us for no reason other than you can.

My balls, madame. Lick them.

You know, this might go a lot smoother if forum-goers had a heads-up and weren't treated like scum for questioning the decisions of the power-holders. But, uh, that probably won't happen. How about just not being so hostile? It's getting difficult to care about this place lately.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm angry at everything. Even this post makes me mad.:(

Not you, Iris and various other mods. Though yeah, you too I guess.

Posted by Iris

We're going to continue cleaning the boards, whether or not a few members get angry because their post count dropped and they're missing their precious spam. We're not going to make every decision public. You have absolutely no right to decide what the mods do. No mod board topic even requires us to consult you. In fact, many deal with your misbehavior. The mods are elected so that they can perform the decision making, not a group of uptight members who want more perks and less moderating. So guess what? These are and always have been the rules of VGC and they aren't subject to change for your sake. I don't care, as well as many other mods what you have to say and I'm not putting up with it any longer. Got a problem? Tough luck, because I don't give a ****.

Good day to you sir. :)

Vampiro: Actually, the members have been just as hostile to the mods for a very long time. We're just done putting up with it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, man, thanks for that calm, rational explaination of why I was wrong and a reasonable offer of some sort of dialogue. Oh, wait, that didnt happen. HUH WHERE ARE WE GETTING THIS WACKY IDEA THAT THE MODS DONT CARE.

Seriously, this is rediculous. The mods are elected by mods. Your actions do not represent the interests of the community. you have made a choice, and now you are going to stick with it even though its not what the community at large wants.

You arent trying to make the boards a better place for users. You're trying to make the board a better place for you.

Iris: Yeah, that was kinda my point. I really don't care about posts and spam being deleted. That's cool by me. But come on, why be such a dick about it? I just don't understand how we... somehow don't have any say whatsoever. You can't govern what's not there. Regular members make the boards, not mods. It's just silly to generalise everyone who complains as being uptight, especially when they're some of the more dedicated members. But whatever, have fun. Just stop being do condescending.

Posted by Iris

We don't care, you're right. At least not about you and the few other members that do absolutely nothing to help the boards and just criticize the mods for not allowing them to bypass the rules. There's a reason the mods are the ones who elect other mods. The bulk of the members obviously don't give a **** about the state of the boards and would rather elect their best buds.

We are trying to make the boards better for users. Just not the ones who turned it to garbage.

Vampiro, we're only condescending once we get backtalk from the members who are most aware of the rules. You do understand that it's frustrating deleting spam on a daily basis from the said "dedicated members," don't you? Now it's just that we don't care if they're going to backtalk any more. We're not going to prevent any progress being made because a few people are whining. Just because our plans don't please DA doesn't mean it's not for the benefit of the site.

Posted by Fate

You want more consultation? All right, fine by me. I'm letting you know that I'm thoroughly cleaning my boards right now. I would like to ask you guys to kindly not treat the Member Pics & Audio like a spam pit. I like to give more freedom there just for the hell of it, but please do not post one-liners there. Or anywhere else.

Like Iris said, I'm just deleting what should've been deleted as soon as it existed. And that's pretty much it. We're not villains.

Posted by G-Sides

the presence of old threads um, never seemed to really bother me that much. jw, what suddenly sparked the idea to go and delete the old threads?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I can only assume that you are refering to DA in this case, once again. In that case, we have done nothing to the boards except traffic them. We contribute, we post, we reply. Largely, we stay on topic and attempt to incorporate humor into our resonses. However, it seems that for some reason all anyone wants to do is blame us for ****ing up the boards. Guess what? We didnt do anything to them. We're not the problem. Now, some new member comes in here and sees a supermod saying, essentially, "**** the userbase, I'll do what I want" is going to want to stick around? No, chances are if he intends to post somewhere frequently he'll say **** that **** and go somewhere else. Your attitude is beyond childish and is unreasable at best. That in and of itself is a sign that you are incapable of the position you have been awarded. Your changes are doing nothing but annoying members, and, as you have admitted, you dont care. I can see no good outcome from your current attitude. Hopefully you will at some point realize how irrationally you are acting and take the actions needed to ammend your ways.

Until then, lick my balls, *****.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Princess Fate: You want more consultation? All right, fine by me. I'm letting you know that I'm thoroughly cleaning my boards right now. I would like to ask you guys to kindly not treat the Member Pics & Audio like a spam pit. I like to give more freedom there just for the hell of it, but please do not post one-liners there. Or anywhere else.

Like Iris said, I'm just deleting what should've been deleted as soon as it existed. And that's pretty much it. We're not villains.

so now we have to write paragraphs or our posts get deleted? Seriously, you have GOT to be either kidding or TRYING to **** people off now.

Posted by Arczu

You guys archive funnies/interestings ones before it gets deleted eh? I do (Hell I used to have 1/3 of the old flame board somewhere on this HD...)

Even so, most of them are so old we woudn't even remember what it is about. But then... hmm...

Posted by Klarth

Quoting G-Sides: the presence of old threads um, never seemed to really bother me that much. jw, what suddenly sparked the idea to go and delete the old threads?

- ocd
- superiority complex
- power on the brain
- disregard for the opinions of anyone else
- self gratification
- egotism
- an irrational desire to be perfect in every way

i believe that explains it quite well

Posted by Iris

Maybe it's just compulsive behavior, because it doesn't belong there and makes the board look messier. Either way, it's threads with no content that shouldn't be missed.

And if members really want to know what's going on, then fine. However, they aren't going to have a say in the matter. Unless you've only been here for a few months, you should be perfectly aware that the modbase exists partially for decision making, and the memberbase exists partially as an experimental group. Whether you like it or not, you have no real jurisdiction.

And to LoS: I still don't care about you.

Posted by G-Sides

Threads that are months old and that nobody goes to doesn't make anything look messy. If anything, at a glance it just makes the boards look more appealing and active. And I should have plenty of jurisdiction; youngest mod and youngest super mod on the boards, and I've been here longer than you and Fate both. ;[

Posted by Lord of Spam

*** gave man dominion over all animals in the bible. he did not, however, tell us that we can do whatever the hell we want to them.

See where I'm going with that?

Posted by Fate

Quoting G-Sides: the presence of old threads um, never seemed to really bother me that much. jw, what suddenly sparked the idea to go and delete the old threads?

Before I was a moderator, I always saw good threads pushed down by crappy threads. I wished I had the power to delete them. Now I do. People I know who make good threads, like Xenos, get their threads pushed down by stupid threads. I'm not okay with this, and neither should anyone else be.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Iris: Unless you've only been here for a few months, you should be perfectly aware that the modbase exists partially for decision making, and the memberbase exists partially as an experimental group. Whether you like it or not, you have no real jurisdiction.

The thing is, though. Without us regulars making up the memberbase, there would be no VGC. Believe it or not, WE ARE THE BLOOD OF THE SITE.

And as for the mods voting in other mods. That is not always the best way you know. Think of it as if Bush got to choose the next president. Not too many people, the populace of America (the blood of America), would not be happy about that.

Instead of going out and doing whatever you want, represent the members. It'd get things done, we'd complain a whole lot less, AND you'd still be doing your job.

Posted by Fate

But if the members want spam to exist, we're not doing our job. If it's consultation you guys want, it's what you'll get.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Princess Fate: Before I was a moderator, I always saw good threads pushed down by crappy threads. I wished I had the power to delete them. Now I do. People I know who make good threads, like Xenos, get their threads pushed down by stupid threads. I'm not okay with this, and neither should anyone else be.

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT IT IS ENTIRELY RETARDED THAT YOU ARE CHOOSE WHAT GETS PUT ON VGC? YOU DONT GET TO CHOOSE WHAT THREADS GET REPLIED TO. NOBODY GIVES A **** WHAT YOU WANT. IF THE THREADS WERE SO *******ED GOOD THEY WOULD STAY BUMPED UP TO THE TOP. YOUR ARROGANCE AND IDIOCY IS AN OVERWHELMING COMBINATION. STOP BREATHING.

Posted by Fate

Not if they're being overshadowed with ****, you arrogant prick. :mew:

Some threads have already been bumped because of this, so let's party. :cool2:

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]Before I was a moderator, I always saw good threads pushed down by crappy threads. I wished I had the power to delete them.
I can completely and utterly understand that point of view. I can't, however, even come close to being in the proximity of being near to almost having the ability to understand Iris wanting to delete **** that's not on the front page of the forum anymore. Nobody looks at it.

NOBODY LOOKS AT IT.

[SIZE=1000]NOBODY ****ING LOOKS AT IT. NOBODY ****ING LOOKS AT IT. NOBODY ****ING LOOKS AT IT. NOBODY ****ING LOOKS AT IT. NOBODY ****ING LOOKS AT IT.[/SIZE]

Is that drilled far enough into your thick ****ing skull, dear?

Posted by G-Sides

In the history of my time being at VGC, I've never ever seen any other member ***** about good threads being pushed down. Never. Nor have I seen a mod or a super mod actually take the time to delete other threads just so their self-approved quality threads can come to light. It doesn't need to happen. Nobody cares.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Let me put it to you like this. how would you like it if a random miner from arkansas was given the power to pick ONE OUTFIT that all of america had to wear all the time, and he chose overalls because thats what he needed to work? You dont get to make the choice of what is good and bad content aside from choices like "is it porn" or crap like that. If a thread gets posted in and bumps a thread you like out of the way, tough ****, thats what subscribing to threads is for. You are abusing your power, which is obvious to anyone with any decent powers of logic, since YOU JUST ****ING ADMITED IT.

Posted by Fate

Klarth: Well, think of it this way. If there are, say, forty threads on the front page and fifteen of them are complete crap, why not just mass prune them away so the other threads can be pushed up? :(

Yeah, LoS, I'm totally abusing my powers by getting rid of your ****.

Hey, Iris, look what we did. We just turned the internet into SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Quoted post: People I know who make good threads, like Xenos, get their threads pushed down by stupid threads. I'm not okay with this, and neither should anyone else be.

There might be a perfectly logical reason as to why those threads don't get posted in. Not because they're pushed down... but maybe because the userbase doesn't find the interesting. Mods rules are usually shaped around the members. A round peg will go into a round hole. You're trying to shove a square peg in a round hole. Just as you would get resistance from that, you're getting resistance from us. It's not hard to figure out why. It's not difficult to see that, maybe, some of your decisions aren't what's best for VGC when VGC is telling you they don't want it. It's not us wanting spam, no one want's that. It's just that your definition of spam might be different than everyone else's.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Princess Fate: Klarth: Well, think of it this way. If there are, say, forty threads on the front page and fifteen of them are complete crap, why not just mass prune them away so the other threads can be pushed up? :(

Yeah, LoS, I'm totally abusing my powers by getting rid of your ****.

Okay, so what is the problem with these threads? Why are they complete crap? They can't be COMPLETE crap if people keep posting in them, right?

Unless it's a thread in the Music Board that something like "lol emo is gay" or something, who are you to say that what we like to talk about is utter garbage?

Posted by Dexter

Did anyone mention how older threads often come up in the search engine, resulting in more visiters/members?

Quoted post: who are you to say that what we like to talk about is utter garbage?

She's a mod. That obviously means she has the ability to deduce what's objectively garbage and what is worth posting in.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Unless it's a thread in the Music Board that something like "lol emo is gay" or something, who are you to say that what we like to talk about is utter garbage?

That's the type of thread I delete, dear. There are more than you think. :)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Princess Fate: That's the type of thread I delete, dear. There are more than you think. :)

[quote=Princess Fate]If there are, say, forty threads on the front page and fifteen of them are complete crap, why not just mass prune them away so the other threads can be pushed up?

I'm on quite a bit, and I've seen no threads as such on the front page.

Posted by Fate

Because they're gone. And that was an example.

Posted by mis0

Here is my opinion: You guys are being really stupid by flexing your awesome mod-muscles like you are. [/end opinion]

Posted by Ant

LOL GURL POWAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^______^

Posted by Zeta

And that is why the world would be a better place without men...

OMFG I luv your nails ^_^

EDIT: Woah, I thought this was a DA thread. >_>;

Posted by Iris

DA is still clueless. The mods are still the ones being accused of elitism. Looks like things are running normally, so let's keep on going, mods! :D

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Dexter: Did anyone mention how older threads often come up in the search engine, resulting in more visiters/members?

Jesus, and the people regret them as well.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Did anyone mention how older threads often come up in the search engine, resulting in more visiters/members?

Yes, but chicks don't listen. There IQs are too low to do that.

Quoting Iris: We are trying to make the boards better for users.

And how does deleting a six month old thread that no one'll ever look at do that??? All you chicks are good at doing is making people mad :D...making wars...

On with the drama. :D

Now I know why vBulletin has the option of 'Soft Delete.' To keep chicks from doing stupid stuff like this. Something tells me I should turn that on for all chicks that have power!!!

*Makes mental note to ignore all votes from chicks in polls on mod board.*

BTW, they didn't even make a poll on this. They just went and did this.

Quoting Iris: Actually, DA doesn't show up on Google... or any search engine for that matter.

One look at 'New Posts' will show how all the n00bies, er I mean newbies find it!!! :D:D:D

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Jesse Smith: Yes, but chicks don't listen. There IQs are too low to do that.

grrr.... :mad:
...... says the man who can't even spell "their" correctly.

Just to let it be known - I, a chick, do not condone the actions of the other said implicated chicks, nor do I wish to be lumped together in a massive grouping with them based purely on the size of my penis.

If they want a board full of sunshine, unicorns and lollipops, they need to go somewhere else. VGC is full of a lot of things one might consider "crap", yet the members seem to enjoy these types of discussions and threads. The threads within a board are a reflection of its members. If our members want to see and participate in a lot of "crap", then let them. It's our board. As Vamp said, you can't try to force the board to be more intelligent, empathetic, conformist... whatever it is they were trying to do with their "pruning".

Mods should stick with just enforcing the rules of the board (no pron, no gang bangs except in the flame board, no blantant spam - filling an entire board advertising the link for your ebay auction) and leave the pruning of "crap" to the members. If it's a boring thread, or one that no one wants to participate in, it will shortly be burried and forgotten about. If it's a "crap" thread, or one that's gone off tilter, then close it. Why delete it and leave us all wondering where something went and which was the "bad" thread? How are we suppose to know what you personally consider naughty behaviour if you mass delete everything with no warning or explanation? The decision to classify something as spam or "crap" is purely judemental. To go around "pruning" VGC and ridding it of it's "crap" in such a massive swoop is eerily similar to the reasons Admiral Anthrax was demodded not too long ago himself. Modding is not about your personal opinion of what you like, enjoy reading, threads you want to participate in, threads you want to see on the front page, or what is considered a "quality post" or not. It's about enforcing the blatant rules of the site. If someone can't do that without letting their own personal opinions and emotions get involved and influence them, mayhaps its time for a change of power.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Dexter: Did anyone mention how older threads often come up in the search engine, resulting in more visiters/mebers?

PRECISELY. And the ones which are basically total bull**** - old threads or no - just make the board look like the unmoderated crapfest that some members would rather it was, and result in more visitors but FEWER members, because they think "man, this place is manky, why the hell would anyone post here." Look at any successful video game message board, and it's a hell of a lot better moderated than this one. Go to some other board if you want unmoderated discussion, or if the moderation doesn't fit your standards. You have no reason to be complaining, there are plenty of boards out there.

The mods make the changes, they always have. If you don't like them (the changes, though the mods would also be an applicable "them"), leave, or grin and bear it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

So your solution to mods going completely power mad is to tell the users to get out? And this is supposed to increase traffic how?

Posted by sabre

They're not going power mad. They're going power totally reasonable. You guys just aren't used to boards where the mods do their jobs. See also, darkness advanced, 4chan, etc.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, you're entirely wrong. The mods of darkness advanced are tasked with creating a fun, goofy envirnment where discussions are allowed to flow as they will, which is what happens. As for 4chan, I assume you are refering to /b/ (or the "random" image board) which is totally ignorant. there ARE NO RULES on /b/. Literally. if you look at the rules, it says "zomg none". ASide from that, on the OTHER boards on 4chan, the rules are very well enforced. Worksafe boards are kept worksafe, and mods and cleaners make sure that the boards arent abused. Quit trying to make this about DA when its obvious that the mods dont give a **** about the users.

Edit: Also, /b/ is considered the ******* of the internet. Seriously, trying to win an argument by using it is almsot sa bad as bringing up nazis.

Posted by Fate

So you guys are the /b/ of VGC?

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, we arent. Maybe if you actually WENT to /b/ and read some threads you'd understand. BUT LOL UR 2 KEWL 4 THAT AMIRITE?

Posted by Fate

No, URRONG. No rules on /b/ sounds an awful lot like you guys, it being a random picture thread or not. You just described yourself and now you're stuck with it.

Posted by NES Queen

There's a large difference between doing ones job, and doing what is aesthetically pleasing to themselves. You can't pick and choose when to be a strict mod and follow all the rules as they are litterally written. There have been countless threads where things have gone off topic and into the realm of "spam-worthy", yet mods will wait weeks before deciding to do something about it. I think that's one of the main issues, and why people get so upset and defensive when it seems like countless posts "mysteriously" dissapear overnight. There's enough mods and supermods where threads can be monitored on a daily or semi-daily basis to see what needs fixing.

You can't let a child run into the street without first looking both ways 100x and then give them a spanking when they do it on the 101 st time and expect them to understand why or agree that it was the appropriate choice of action. Especially if you decide to do it 2 days later while the kid is innocently playing with their tinker toys.

As far as the boards being manky and an unmoderated crapfest, look at the members themselves. A board should be a reflection of its members, and this one is for the most part fairly accurate. I don't come here expecting intelligent discussions about novel approaches to immunophenotyping of leukocyte subset populations. I come here to laugh and poke fun of the idiots, and occasionally discuss a few video games when the mood strikes me.

Some of the biggest contributors to these boards, ignoring all the KH idiots who racked up 1,000 posts in one day, are people who disagree with the current modding "situation". And you're telling these people to just gtfo or deal with it? It's funny to think of who would actually be left behind and the amount of activity this place would have if they did.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Princess Fate: No, URRONG. No rules on /b/ sounds an awful lot like you guys, it being a random picture thread or not. You just described yourself and now you're stuck with it.

Difference is that we don't post child porn and that we actually tend to be welcoming to newbies if they have half a brain :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]No, URRONG. No rules on /b/ sounds an awful lot like you guys, it being a random picture thread or not. You just described yourself and now you're stuck with it.

oh hey good job on the not bothering to check things out stuff. Like I said, if you WENT to b and lurked for a few days, you would be able to tell the difference. Sure, sometimes DA strays a little more towards /b/, but overll its obviously different. But once again, you wont ever bother to check, because LOL UR OBVIOUSLY RIGHT AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS WRONG CUZ UR RIGHT LOL AMIRITE?

Quoting NES Queen: There's a large difference between doing ones job, and doing what is aesthetically pleasing to themselves. You can't pick and choose when to be a strict mod and follow all the rules as they are litterally written. There have been countless threads where things have gone off topic and into the realm of "spam-worthy", yet mods will wait weeks before deciding to do something about it. I think that's one of the main issues, and why people get so upset and defensive when it seems like countless posts "mysteriously" dissapear overnight. There's enough mods and supermods where threads can be monitored on a daily or semi-daily basis to see what needs fixing.

You can't let a child run into the street without first looking both ways 100x and then give them a spanking when they do it on the 101 st time and expect them to understand why or agree that it was the appropriate choice of action. Especially if you decide to do it 2 days later while the kid is innocently playing with their tinker toys.

As far as the boards being manky and an unmoderated crapfest, look at the members themselves. A board should be a reflection of its members, and this one is for the most part fairly accurate. I don't come here expecting intelligent discussions about novel approaches to immunophenotyping of leukocyte subset populations. I come here to laugh and poke fun of the idiots, and occasionally discuss a few video games when the mood strikes me.

Some of the biggest contributors to these boards, ignoring all the KH idiots who racked up 1,000 posts in one day, are people who disagree with the current modding "situation". And you're telling these people to just gtfo or deal with it? It's funny to think of who would actually be left behind and the amount of activity this place would have if they did.

BUT ALl OUR POSTS ARE BAD LOL CLEARLY WE ARE KILLING THE BOARDS

Posted by Fate

Okay, you guys follow one rule? Wait, only half a rule because censored child porn isn't really porn.

Posted by Lord of Spam

So you're saying that being nice to new people isnt a rule? I'll remember that next time someone ****es and moans about us yelling at newbs.

Posted by Fate

It's not a rule. It never was. It's just frowned upon. It's supposed to be general to not be rude to anyone.

Edit: From the registration page.

[quote]By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Really, because I seem to remember a time when everyone was *****ing and moaning about how us big bad eveil DAers were scaring off all the new people, and went so far as to threaten to ban us if we continued it. Care to retract anything?:cookie:

Also, I'm going to go to the intro board right now and be a giant ******* if you DONT retract it. I will pesonally scare off every noob we have. And if anyone doesnt like it, OH WELL ITS NOT A RULE LOL.

Posted by Lord of Spam

trust me, I can be an ******* without being any of those things.

screen cap'd for proof, and i'll be going into operation: scare off the noobies after work today. GOOD DAY, SIR.

edit2: the current behavior of the mods and complete lack of respect could very well be seen as being hateful, and considering that you have AT LENGTH discussed your own sexual preferences, I think you've got obscene, vulgar, AND sexually oriented covered. Better get yourself banned:cookie:

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Princess Fate: Okay, you guys follow one rule? Wait, only half a rule because censored child porn isn't really porn.

Censored? Hahaha

Posted by Fate

So should the rest of VGC. :cookie:

The thing we really care about is spam and being rude for no reason. If someone reports a rude post to me, I'll delete it. If it goes without complaint but it's still very rude, I can delete it if I choose to.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Arg...I can't take hard-deleting away from Super Mods...not until I upgrade to 3.6!!! grrr!!!! Then you can make a setting for each Super mod.

Quoting Princess Fate: The thing we really care about is spam and being rude for no reason.

So if a thread goes six months with no reply, it becomes SPAM or a rude post??!!! And I though only Bill Clinton made up new definitions!!! :D:D:D

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Princess Fate: The thing we really care about is spam and being rude for no reason. If someone reports a rude post to me, I'll delete it. If it goes without complaint but it's still very rude, I can delete it if I choose to.

So if someone reports a bad, mean, rude (fill in the adjective of your liking here) post to you, you simply delete it? Do you even bother telling the author of the post the reason for the deletion, or that it was even deleted at all? Why not just go in and edit the post as Jesse sometimes does to make things more sunshine and happiness if that's your cup of tea? It would reiterate your point of keeping the boards running "by the rules" much more effectively than simply deleting it and running away like a child.

And if no one reports a particular post to you as problematic, yet you still personally find it offensive to you, then you will delete it simply because "you choose to"? Surely you must be joking if you think that's acceptible management of your magical mod powers. Again, mods arn't allowed to (or shouldn't rather) let their personal opinions influence how they decide to enforce the rules of a community. If the overal community is fine with a post/thread/topic/word/phrase..... whatever, you can't run around deleting anything you personally don't like just to try and get this place the stamp of Fate Approval.

Posted by Fate

Of course I don't delete every post reported. It's mostly newbies that get offended by older members that report stuff, and I have no bearing on what Klarth, the moderator of the Intro board and a few others, does or says to them. Or anyone else for that matter.

Hey, I don't like it when people flame me or my friends. Apply your logic as to why I don't delete any of it.
:tomato:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting NES Queen: Just to let it be known - I, a chick, do not condone the actions of the other said implicated chicks, nor do I wish to be lumped together in a massive grouping with them based purely on the size of my penis.

er, is there something wrong with this quote, or do I need to go and watch [url=http://wavcentral.com/cgi-bin/log/log.cgi?id=2586&sound=/sounds/movies/kindercop/boys_have.mp3]Kindergarten Cop[/url] again??!!!!! :D:D

Posted by Shin-Ra

Honestly, I don't think there's any excuse to delete or move an old thread or one that's too long. I closed an old version of the "Currently Playing" thread because it got far too long, but I now realize just how pointless that is since it'll fill back up in a matter of months. I mean, the number of posts in a thread doesn't matter if it's a thread like Currently Playing where you don't need to look back a few pages to find a discussion.

Plus guys, there's a search feature that allows us to locate a discussion by keywords; so it's not as though a discussion is exactly hard to find. Unless someone deletes for "house cleaning" or whatever.

I'm not "siding" with anyone on this issue, but I'd like the super mods to stay out of my boards when it comes to moving around massive threads like the Currently Playing one. Or at least have the decency to pm or IM me about it. I personally think of that thread as basically pointless, especially when no one even comments on the music they're listing but it's a part of the board and needs to remain there, not in something like posting games (what the hell?).

By the way, when an old thread is bumped it's not a big deal. I don't know if anyone knew that or not. But uh... a topic is a topic and if an opinion or details change and the subject remains the same, it's ok to correct yourself in such threads or continue a post conversation. Seriously, it's not going to kill a new thread if it's bumped down a few notches by an old thread someone actually has interest in.

Posted by Klarth

Hell, my Klarth account isn't even assigned to my primary email address, so I can't tell when people report posts. :/ The email addy which IS assigned to it is probably overflowing with that crap. Honestly, I've never used the report system - neither to report **** or to check what's been reported. I just see **** which shouldn't be there and I delete it.

[quote=Shin-Ra]I closed an old version of the "Currently Playing" thread because it got far too long
I was pretty sure it was because people like Richoad turned it into a love-fest, actually. :rainbow:

Posted by Linkman

Eh, I actually agree that deleting anything off the first page of threads is unnecessary, no matter what's in it. Not many people go looking through them, and I doubt very many people find VGC through these old threads. So yeah, I don't think it's worth bothering with, unless it gets bumped.

Posted by Iris

For the last time, we aren't deleting any good threads. The reason they're so far down in the forum is because they usually have a maximum of 7 posts in them, with absolutely no content, and have been closed. I also physically remove soft deletes after a few days. The threads are soft deleted and locked because they don't belong on VGC. Personal polls, ask a question-get an answer type threads, and ones with absolutely no substance are the ones being closed and finding their way to the last few pages. No one's going to bump them and no one's going to read them. So why delete? Because there's no point in having the last two pages of a forum with just locked threads with hardly any posts.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ah, deleting locked threads then. Yeah, I haven't even thought of that. That's a good idea actually, if you guys haven't already gotten to movies and music then I'll take care of them.

Posted by Linkman

Oh, if that's all you're doing, then by all means, continue.

Posted by Zeta

Then she'll just lock every thread on the back pages and delete 'em. T_T

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Princess Fate: So should the rest of VGC. :cookie:

The thing we really care about is spam and being rude for no reason. If someone reports a rude post to me, I'll delete it. If it goes without complaint but it's still very rude, I can delete it if I choose to.

I found [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=349528&postcount=54] this post[/url] to be rude and inconsiderate. [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=349540&postcount=59]And this one.[/url] BETTER START DELETING LOL

Posted by Iris

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]The thing we really care about is spam and being rude for no reason. If someone reports a rude post to me, I'll delete it. If it goes without complaint but it's still very rude, I can delete it if I choose to.[/COLOR]
[quote=Lord of Spam]I found [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=349528&postcount=54"]this post[/URL] to be rude and inconsiderate. [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=349540&postcount=59"]And this one.[/URL] BETTER START DELETING LOL

Look at what it's in response to LOL!

Posted by Arcadios

p

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: Look at what it's in response to LOL!

Thanks for further proving that all she does is pick and choose when she wants to enforce rules:cookie:

Posted by Iris

Mr. Nintendo: Uh, seeing as though it's a blog, why would it matter? If we deleted unwarranted rude responses in blogs too then DA...

Poor DA wouldn't exist! :crying:

LoS: Re-read. "FOR NO REASON." Going into a thread and insulting how some one looks != calling people names while carrying an argument. Thanks for further proving that you are more dense than a rock.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]Look at what it's in response to LOL!
So, wait, now we're allowed to be rude for a reason?

Keyartist posting pictures of himself looking like an idiot deeply offends my sense of decency. I demand his pictures be taken down, and I'll call him a stupid f*ckwad until I get what I want - If I have to be rude to ruin his fun (!!!), I'll do so. Posting stupid pictures should be against the rules. Man, he's so stupid. Also, I direct this at anyone opposing me: Suck my nuts.

Posted by Iris

if an actual argument ensues you can't really prevent namecalling. Posting pictures without any intent to offend some one and getting "You will never have sex" as a response would be unwarranted.

Posted by mis0

By deleting inactive threads, you give our forum essentially no real posting history. On some forums you can go back years. Obviously, with all of the hacking and crap, we don't have that luxury. But deleting old threads just because they're old, locked or otherwise, is a stupid waste. It doesn't really free up space or make the boards look better. What it does do is leave holes and make the mods look like pompous asses.

And Iris, with your whole "holier than thou" demeanor, that is exactly what you are.

Posted by Iris

Holy crap, do you read? We don't delete threads for being old. We delete threads when they're spam, not because they're old or we personally dislike them. When some one asks for help with an avatar, they receive help, and the threads been locked, then it no longer has a purpose. If some one makes a decent suggestion, it gets put down, and it goes to the later pages of a board, then it won't be deleted. You do understand that we haven't been deleting any contributive posts, right? Because all I hear is redundant whining about how we keep deleting good threads when we haven't.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Princess Fate: Hey, I don't like it when people flame me or my friends. Apply your logic as to why I don't delete any of it. :tomato:

because you're an attention whore? and even negative attention is better than people paying you no mind at all.

Iris, if you're trying to claim that the only threads you went around deleting were locked and buried with only 7 posts max in them, how is it that many many people are reporting missing 100's of posts each? It's not so much about people losing postcounts, again, it's about the fact that you guys feel the need to do spring cleaning and mass pruning in a somewhat random manner simply whenever you feel like it. If you want us to respect you as a mod, be consistent with your actions.

Posted by Klarth

Six months ago:
"I don't like this thread. Oh snap, I'm not a mod so I can't delete it, hmm, I'll write this down"

A short while in the past:
"NOW WHERE'S THAT THREAD I HATES AGES AGO, HAHA DIE, YOU EVIL THREAD INCAPABLE OF LIVING UP TO MY HIGH STANDARDS"

Posted by Fate

Quoting NES Queen: because you're an attention whore? and even negative attention is better than people paying you no mind at all.

Iris, if you're trying to claim that the only threads you went around deleting were locked and buried with only 7 posts max in them, how is it that many many people are reporting missing 100's of posts each? It's not so much about people losing postcounts, again, it's about the fact that you guys feel the need to do spring cleaning and mass pruning in a somewhat random manner simply whenever you feel like it. If you want us to respect you as a mod, be consistent with your actions.

If you read the whole sentence, dear, you'd see that I don't delete my friend's flames, either. So :cookie: to you.

As for members that have been losing hundreds, you do know that you can respond to the same thread more than once, right? Of course not! That means we've deleted hundreds of good threads!

I've always been consistent. I don't know where these attacks are coming from, but you should probably do your research a bit more. For someone so smart, you sure are being dumb right now.

Klarth: Don't do hyperboles. It doesn't suit you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Princess Fate: As for members that have been losing hundreds, you do know that you can respond to the same thread more than once, right? Of course not! That means we've deleted hundreds of good threads!

uh, you do realize that you jsut implied that you deleted a thread that was not only heavily trafficed but also was good as well, right? I mean, come on now. Dont make this any easier for me than it already is.

Posted by Fate

Implications aren't fact. As we've said before, we've deleted ****ty threads that just happened to have multiple responses. Now you're just being dumb on purpose.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You cant even form a simple sentence or two without making raging contradictions and I'M the one thats being dumb? Riiiiight.

Posted by Fate

Implications are taken as you see them, not as original intent. Contradiction? Where?

But of course!
:santa:

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]Klarth: Don't do hyperboles. It doesn't suit you.
Hyperboles are my forte. I just don't like using them here, mainly because I find it difficult to engage in a situation stupid enough to warrant them. :emoticon:

Posted by Fate

I'd say arguments about post count going down and spam being deleted is rather stupid, don't you? :cookie2:

Posted by Klarth

Only in the way it's being executed. :bart:

Posted by Fate

Is that for me or Iris? :flame:

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Princess Fate: If you read the whole sentence, dear, you'd see that I don't delete my friend's flames, either. So :cookie: to you.
So you don't delete your friends flames, and you don't delete flames about you, but .... "If it goes without complaint but it's still very rude, I can delete it if I choose to." Make up your ****ing mind and be consistent with what you're doing.

[quote]As for members that have been losing hundreds, you do know that you can respond to the same thread more than once, right? Of course not! That means we've deleted hundreds of good threads!

I was speaking to Iris, dear, which was why my paragraph was addressed to her and not you. [URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=350158&postcount=119"]zomg, contradiction #2[/URL]
[COLOR="DimGray"]*cough*attention whore strikes again*cough*[/COLOR]

Posted by Jesse Smith

They've lost their mind!!!!!

Quoting Iris: [quote=Jesse Smith][quote=Iris]My dear, I don't delete threads because they're old. I delete them because they're spam! :D I'm a good mod! I can tell the difference. :)

er, what do you chicks define SPAM??!!! :D:D:D Why do you chicks waite a year before u call them SPAM!! :D:D:D

I define spam as irrelevant, exceedingly short posts or threads which contribute nothing. Also, locked threads like "avatr help plz" with 1 reply would be considered spam too, since it's against the rules (FAQ made for that purpose) and the question has been answered. It just clutters the board, so I delete it. I also physically remove soft deletes after a while to make the board neater. I do a good job, such as deleting spam and merging threads with the same topic! I'm not just a super mod, Jesse. I'm a super good mod! :(

Also, we can't always get it. To be honest, I used to only delete things on the first page, and if something slipped by then it slipped by. Now I've broken that habit and make sure to abolish spam. :D:D:D

You know the members are just going to be angry when we do something that doesn't directly satisfy them! Heck, they wouldn't go more than 10 minutes without complaining when rep numbers went rather than giving it a chance. I want to please the members too, but they don't take priority when VGC no longer has any type of regulation and is no longer fun for the people who contribute, and the members can get away with anything if they whine enough. Let's work on that, k? :D

[quote=Iris]I want to please the members too, but they don't take priority

Ouch!!! Last I checked, the boards wouldn't be around if it wasn't for them!!!!

Posted by Iris

Contradiction? Where am I claiming they're good threads? Hell, if they are good threads they likely wouldn't be on the last page. ;o ONCE AGAIN, I haven't been deleting any decent threads with substance. Only useless ones which served no purpose moments after they were made. If you're missing a ton of posts, I suggest you stop posting in crappy threads/check Posting Games. Two threads from Art and graphics (where posts count) were moved to Posting Games (Where posts don't count). Oh, and don't whine to me, because it wasn't originally my idea to move them.

I thought Fate was pretty clear in what she said. She deletes posts that offend people (reported much lol?) and are unwarranted. If They're unwarranted but don't offend anyone (to her knowledge) she might delete them. It's foolish to expect a mod to carefully read every single post in their board. We do our best to delete what we do find if we think it's necessarry.

Jesse, one decision isn't going to please all members. And mods are members too. If members are spamming, I'd much rather prevent it rather than allow it for their pleasure. They know the rules as well as us. If you look around, the boards actually haven't changed a whole lot, so we can't be accused of neglecting them when nothing has happened yet.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Princess Fate: Is that for me or Iris? :flame:

You haven't actually done a huge amount to **** me off. I'd say my pissiness is more directed at the situation itself right now, to be fair. :alien:

also iris. wench!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: I'm a super good mod!

grrr!!!! Good Super Mods don't go around editing our posts when we talk about boners and wet dreams!!! :D:D

Posted by Iris

You gave me permission. :mad2: You know I'm not liable for your boners.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! They wern't supposed to know that part. They wern't supposed to know that you just copied the thread and moved it over there and didn't edit the original thread!!! I just like causing wars!!!

er, do chicks have boners!!! Or is that what you call PMS!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Fate

That would make for angry boners. :o

Posted by NES Queen

[QUOTE=Iris]Contradiction? Where am I claiming they're good threads? Hell, if they are good threads they likely wouldn't be on the last page. ;o
fate was contradicting what you had said, grrr. this whole thing is getting more retarded as it goes. you were claiming to only have deleted older useless threads with minimal post counts, she was stating otherwise. and i have no idea whether the ones you deleted were any good or not, since they're deleted and i don't know which ones they were. funny how that works, eh?

[quote]ONCE AGAIN, I haven't been deleting any decent threads with substance. Only useless ones which served no purpose moments after they were made. If you're missing a ton of posts, I suggest you stop posting in crappy threads/check Posting Games. Two threads from Art and graphics (where posts count) were moved to Posting Games (Where posts don't count).
useless in your eyes perhaps, but what happens when 3 weeks from now some other newbie comes along asking for help with their avatar? they do a search, find no threads posted about the subject, create one, and then you lock and delete it a few weeks later. only for the cycle to repeat itself. as someone already pointed out, it's nice having an archive of sorts to search through so we don't keep having the same stupid arguments and threads made over and over and .....

as for my personal post count, i have no idea what it was at and i dont care. i wasn't the one b'tching about missing any. and personally i think the majority of my posts are valid and non-crappy, but unfortunately, due to lazy mods, they get deleted along with everything else within certain threads because aparently it's too much work to read every post and much easier to just delete the whole thing and pretend it never existed.

[quote]Oh, and don't whine to me, because it wasn't originally my idea to move them.
that's as lame as calling out "he started it!!!1!" when your mom catches you punching your brother in retaliation to him hitting you. it doesn't matter who's idea it was, you went along with it and participated, you're equally at fault and to blame if people are unhappy with the results.

[quote]I thought Fate was pretty clear in what she said. She deletes posts that offend people (reported much lol?) and are unwarranted. If They're unwarranted but don't offend anyone (to her knowledge) she might delete them. It's foolish to expect a mod to carefully read every single post in their board. We do our best to delete what we do find if we think it's necessarry.
me being reported? again, i wouldn't know since they get deleted without anyone informing me about it if I am the culprit. key phrase there in your ventings.... "she MIGHT delete them". If the comment is unwarrented (ie. against the rules) it should be deleted regardless of whether it gets reported or offends someone. if you're going to hide behind the literal interpretation of the rules to justify deleting spam, you have to be just as equally anal retentive when it comes to deleting unwarranted criticism.

Posted by mis0

Before I start, dear Iris, yes, I do read. That's why I said you're stupid, primarily for deleting old threads which is what I have heard from a myriad of sources, and could logically deduct from the complaints surrounding your actions.

Quoting Iris]Contradiction? Where am I claiming they're good threads? Hell, if they are good threads they likely wouldn't be on the last page. :
If they're on the last page, why do you need to delete them? Besides, what is and isn't a quality thread is incredibly subjective, and with your overbearing conservative motherly attitude, too many threads fall into this region.

[quote]Only useless ones which served no purpose moments after they were made.
Far too subjective.

[quote]If you're missing a ton of posts, I suggest you stop posting in crappy threads/check Posting Games. Two threads from Art and graphics (where posts count) were moved to Posting Games (Where posts don't count). Oh, and don't whine to me, because it wasn't originally my idea to move them.
Again, it's a subjective thing. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE COMPLAINTS YOU CAN EITHER GTFO OF MY VGC OR JUST GRIN AND BEAR THEM *****!!1

[quote]I thought Fate was pretty clear in what she said. She deletes posts that offend people (reported much lol?) and are unwarranted.
This is both subjective and possibly against those rules you love to pretend to enforce. ex: "I find your removal of my messages to be offensive and unwarranted." You lose.

[quote]If They're unwarranted but don't offend anyone (to her knowledge) she might delete them. It's foolish to expect a mod to carefully read every single post in their board. We do our best to delete what we do find if we think it's necessarry.
In other words, you like to show off your awesome moderation powers all the time because you think it's impressive or in some way is helpful. Hopefully the community is communicating to you that it is neither and you can just stop any time now (we're waiting).

[quote]Jesse, one decision isn't going to please all members.
True. but pleasing a majority would be the next best plan, and the majority is sick of what you're doing.

[quote]And mods are members too.
I would't really agree. The staff is fairly segregated in both privilege and power. You don't really act like "members" anway.

[quote]If members are spamming, I'd much rather prevent it rather than allow it for their pleasure. They know the rules as well as us. If you look around, the boards actually haven't changed a whole lot, so we can't be accused of neglecting them when nothing has happened yet.

Your whole post until now, you've been defending your actions but now you deny they even occured? Like, pick a story and stick with it please. If there wasn't a problem, this thread wouldn't exist, nor would the much broader sentiment behind it.

Get with the programme.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Misoxeny]Before I start, dear Iris, yes, I do read. That's why I said you're stupid, primarily for deleting old threads which is what I have heard from a myriad of sources, and could logically deduct from the complaints surrounding your actions.
Don't deduct. Evidently you suck at it. I don't delete threads solely because they're old. I'm not going to say it again.
[quote]If they're on the last page, why do you need to delete them? Besides, what is and isn't a quality thread is incredibly subjective, and with your overbearing conservative motherly attitude, too many threads fall into this region.
If they're on the last page, why not? They're not meaningful threads. It's cleaning up old threads which no longer have a purpose.
[quote]Far too subjective.
So what if it's subjective? There's no reason why we should avoid taking action on something which is subjective. The mod's job is to maintain their boards. Yes, it is subjective if they think something is necessary. the mods are rational people.
[quote]Again, it's a subjective thing. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE COMPLAINTS YOU CAN EITHER GTFO OF MY VGC OR JUST GRIN AND BEAR THEM *****!!1
read above.
[quote]This is both subjective and possibly against those rules you love to pretend to enforce. ex: "I find your removal of my messages to be offensive and unwarranted." You lose.
If "subjective" is going to be an excuse then I suggest you stop now. We're not going to make forum-wide polls on what simple actions should or should not be taken. Also, if you think it was unwarranted that your post was deleted then take it up with a mod. Just don't expect any change if the post was crap.
[quote]In other words, you like to show off your awesome moderation powers all the time because you think it's impressive or in some way is helpful. Hopefully the community is communicating to you that it is neither and you can just stop any time now (we're waiting).
It is helpful to delete crap. It is helpful to bring it to the attention of members that they are posting crap. Screw you.
[quote]True. but pleasing a majority would be the next best plan, and the majority is sick of what you're doing.
Of what we're doing? Mods have always cleaned their boards. Besides the whole rep ordeal which is old news, we haven't done anything surprising.
[quote]I would't really agree. The staff is fairly segregated in both privilege and power. You don't really act like "members" anway.
I could say the same about DA.
[quote]Your whole post until now, you've been defending your actions but now you deny they even occured? Like, pick a story and stick with it please. If there wasn't a problem, this thread wouldn't exist, nor would the much broader sentiment behind it.

Get with the programme.
I haven't denied deleting old posts. I am however denying that any major changes in VGC have taken place. Yes, I'm aware of the rep situation, but that's back to normal and the only one still complaining is you. If trivial threads are major to you then I suggest you stop being so uptight.

NES: those type of threads aren't even supposed to exist, which is why they're being deleted. the FAQ serves a purpose but a lot of members ignore it and continue to make threads with questions answered there.

How about doing your job now and locking this ****? Since, you know, it's horribly pointless and going in circles. Nothing's going to be resolved anyways.

Posted by Iris

True, but arguments like these are always going to resurface, which is why it's better to confine it.

Posted by Apathetic

Improvise.

Then delete them as they come up. I mean, this **** has gotten so retarded, not even I can take part. People are just beating a dead horse like never before at this point.

Posted by Stalolin

Posted by Ant

Final Thoughts: Iris IS above the law, for now. So until she becomes a naughty hacker. Just get used to it. As for Fate, meh. Not like this is anything new. I wish they knew who they were serveing and could see things from a second perspective. But alas...

My suggestion as far as this whole thing goes: Let them do whatever they want. I don't care anymore. I don't plan on leaving the site until the majority of the people I like on this site leave AND if new smart and interesting people don't come to replace those who were lost. The only thing I'll "fight" for is if Darkness Advanced were to be eradicated.

Like Vampiro already said, this bickering has pretty much reached a new low. So, I suggest everyone just shut up. Deal with it. Move on. It's okay to tell how you feel about things, but child-like name calling is pretty sad :/

Posted by Zeta

Stal has a point.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Didn't Admiral Anthrax get de-moded for doing what Iris iz doing!!! *hint*

[quote=Iris]I don't delete threads solely because they're old. I'm not going to say it again.

[quote=Iris]If they're on the last page, why not? They're not meaningful threads. It's cleaning up old threads which no longer have a purpose.

er, can you make up your mind??!!!

er...some Super Mod should make a de-mod poll!! *hint* 'Super good mod' my ***.

Posted by mis0

[QUOTE=Jesse Smith]Didn't Admiral Anthrax get de-moded for doing what Iris iz doing!!! *hint*
Exactly. He thought he was the absolute authority on this site, and then he told everyone to suck it. And then people got sick of it, and demodded his ***.

Oh, and Iris: I'm right, you're wrong, **** you. I'll argue your way because it's easier. Now go die in a corner.

Posted by Iris

Jesse: Where do I say I delete threads solely for being old? No, really, where? Yes, they are on the back pages. Yes, they are meaningless. No, I'm not doing it because they were made in January.

Also, AA was demodded partially because of him clearing the AIM blog and breaking rules in the literature forum.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: Jesse: Where do I say I delete threads solely for being old? No, really, where? Yes, they are on the back pages. Yes, they are meaningless. No, I'm not doing it because they were made in January.

er, read da second quote in my last post. :D

Posted by Iris

Yes, they are old. No, they do not lack a purpose just for being old. They lack a purpose because they have been rendered spam. Locked threads with trivial questions such as "what's an avatar" and "what should i eat for dinner" are spam. I thought this was clear when we start deleting them years ago.

Seriously, do any of you actually know which threads I deleted? If you're going to *****, do it legitimately.

Posted by NES Queen

Well why don't you tell us what was deleted, so we can see for ourselves the "crap" that you got rid of for us and we can thank you for it.

And saying that questions from new members are trivial, unimportant, meaningless, and "spam" is almost just as bad as people going around and harassing them or being mean just because their a n00b. Just because you know the answer to their question doesn't mean they're stupid for asking it. And garaunteed, there's going to be a few other new members after them with similar questions as well. If every "silly" question from a new member was locked and deleted for being "spam" then no one would learn anything.

Are we close to going over the magical limit on the number of threads/posts this site can have? If not, I honestly don't see the point in deleting entire threads just to make the boards look prettier, or cleaner, or only full of lively intersting (in the mods opinion) discussions.

Posted by Iris

I cleaned out threads in Board Help, Polls, and Future Systems. In Board Help, I deleted stupid questions where spamming members asked why they were banned, new members asking how to set avatars, how to use image tags, etc. I wasn't deleting any suggestions or good topics. The reason those threads were deleted is because the announcement in Board Help is meant to prevent those threads, and members making them should be fully aware that they shall not last.

In Polls, I deleted personal polls and retarded polls. "What should I have for dinner" and "Is blue a gay font color" were a few mentionable ones. I also merged a lot of threads, such as 2 or 3 favorite candies/Favorite fast food restaurant ones. Personal polls, asking about people's opinion on you or stuff has never been allowed in Polls. Threads like "I got braces today, do any of you have braces" are perfectly acceptable, however, threads such as "I got braces, who feels bad for me?" type ones would be deleted. See where I'm going?

In Future Systems, I did more merging than anything. There were many, many threads about the next-gen consoles, and which one you would buy. Rather than having 5 of these, I merged them into one. The last 2 pages of Future Systems was just inane system bashing threads and soft deletes. Not ones where people elaborate, ones where the entire content of the thread is "XBOX IS FOR FAGS." Those threads have been locked by boomstick as soon as they were made. Why delete them? Because they are spam, and they do clutter up the boards. they don't have pages of content to them, they're just stupid arguments and insulting which doesn't last more than 5 posts.

As for huge changes in post count, it has been stated, multiple times mind you, that 2 threads, Rate the above Avatar and Rate the above Signature, were moved into posting games from the Art and Graphics forum. Moved from a place where posts count to where they don't. And no, it wasn't originally my idea so I will be irritated when I am the super mod you vent on whenever something isn't "perfect" to the members standards as well. I am not the only mod moving threads. I am not the only mod deleting old spam. I am not making 50 threads in the mod board begging Jesse to abolish anything from VGC which may bring pleasure to the memberbase. This is not a vie for power. In fact, I'm already a super mod, so it's not as if I need any more power. Hopefully this will clear up any misconceptions.

Oh, and I hope you all die a painful death and leave VGC because I hate all members. Hopefully my insane "ruin the members fun" campaign will cause you all to leave. Death to members, power to the mods, etc...

And that should end that. Since most of the **** she listed actually makes sense. Even if it does nothing to help VGC, it's best they aren't around or merged with similar threads. Since, you know, that's what should have been done when they were first made (lol said on, like, the first page?)

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vgchat.com/deleted.txt

for a list of threads she deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!! pze continue da war!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Busted? That's a pretty good example of all the poor threads, dear. :)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Actually, the list makes me very happy and content.

I withdraw any aggression.

That's all (I'm assuming) most of us wanted, was information as to what has been going on. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lit of all the best and greatest threads ever posted here!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

i never posted in any of those threads and lost posts. PLEASED TO BE EXPLAINING.

Posted by Iris

You've posted a total of 9 times in the Rate the above Signature thread, and 4 times in the Rate the above Avatar.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH WELL THAT CLEARLY EXPLAINS THE HUNDREDS OF POSTS I LOST LOL THANKS.

Posted by Iris

Hey, I'm just letting you know. If you didn't post in the listed threads then apparently it's not my fault! *oscar*

Posted by Fate

That would be me. And your posts just happen to coincide with the threads I deleted. I'm not picking on you.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

EVERYONE, REDIRECT YOUR HATE TOWARDS FATE (lol, rhyme)!!!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Come on now man, thats unfair.

I;ve plenty of irrational hatred for both. in fact, I've got enough for ALL women.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I've actually had nothing against either of them, really. What I was upset about was the users being left in the cold in terms of information on what was being deleted.

I like to be up to date. :D

As a gay guy, though... I guess I'm required to hate Iris and Fate anyways.

Sorry gals. :(

Posted by Iris

We are not going to inform you about every thread we delete. Now you're just being irrational.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

No, not like that.... when it all happened we were left in the dark as to what was being deleted (or at least, it appeared that way). I'm not saying inform us of EVERYTHING, I just like the generalization covered.

And then the mods were like "lol, old crap".... which some old stuff has no need of ever being deleted. So I went up in arms about that. Once there was the general idea of what was being deleted, I was happy.

Posted by Iris

You see that huueeeg list of things I deleted? All spam, mostly old. All in need of deletion. You know how long it took me to delete them all? Not very long. Do you know how long it would take me to list each one in a separate thread? More than twice as long as deleting them.

As for now, you should all be aware that we're deleting old spam and we're reasonable enough not to get rid of good topics. Yes, there might be a few posts missing from your post count after all the old stuff that should've been deleted is finally gone, but it's not going to happen every month. After all, these are mostly old threads, which is why you hadn't noticed they were deleted until it affected your post count. For now, we're just going to be more on top of things, deleting spam so that it can no longer manage to get to these end pages and start raising all these arguments.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yes, I did see the list. Hence me saying I withdrew all agressive behavior. :)

And it wasn't the post count that bothered me. I just didn't want some useful information that I might need to look up at a later time to disappear. In fact, I think I only lost 9 or so posts.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Iris: We are not going to inform you about every thread we delete. Now you're just being irrational.

why not? maybe not every single decision you guys make, but certainly information regarding big ones or "mass pruning" would be warranted. when you just do what you please without saying anything and wait for someone to notice, it just looks suspicious. if you truely believe what you were doing was in the best interest of VGC then I don't understand why you wouldn't want us to know about it.

plus, how are we supposed to know what you personally consider wrong, or bad, or spam if you just delete things without letting us know? that's certainly not going to stop it from happening again.

a simple, "Hey guys, just a simple reminder that flaming people outside of the flame board is against the board rules. The mods had to delete over 50 posts last night due to unnecessary childish behavior, lets keep the rudeness in the flame board where it belongs."

Posted by Iris

I think banning spammers is in the best interest of VGC. I think deleting posts which contribute nothing is in the best interest for VGC. However, we shouldn't have to bring it up to everyone attention because it's usually irrelevant and should go without saying. If you're at all aware of the rules you shouldn't have to be asking "are posts being deleted?" We've already stated that old spam has and will be deleted. What more do you want? Because after that, the only spam left will be new spam, and we'll be deleting that as it comes, not letting it pile up.

I don't think any of the mods are deleting threads to their every whim. If you honestly think we're deleting good threads because your post count drops then you're being awfully suspicious for no good reason. I'm fairly certain the general opinion on "what is spam" has been stated multiple times in response to members breaking the rules.

And yes, I agree, we should make warnings about what is and isn't allowed. That's why we do, almost every single time it happens. What do we get? Backtalk. Apparently we haven't quite drilled it in yet that SPAM IS AGAINST THE RULES. UNWARRANTED FLAMING OUTSIDE THE FLAME BOARD IS AGAINST THE RULES. POSTING PORN IS AGAINST THE RULES. ADVERTISING OUTSIDE OF YOUR PROFILE AND BLOGS IS AGAINST THE RULES. No, I'm being honest. When members start breaking these rules, we've almost always taken it upon ourselves to warn them right where it occurs.

Posted by Arczu

Heh heh... most of those threads were deleted on the same day of my birthday. LOL.

[Quote]From deleted.txt
Thread: [here's the deal i am well to give up all my puppet accout on this site for this one] Forum: [Board Help, Suggestions, and Complaints]

Thread: [Xbox 1020 YOU SOB MUTHA ****A] Forum: [Future systems]

I think the problem with this thread is that we don't know what was deleted, so everybody started jumping up in arms about it.

Quoted post: I think the problem with this thread is that we don't know what was deleted, so everybody started jumping up in arms about it.

Er, yeah. That's exactly it...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Uggg and you thought Iris was bad at moding!! Here's Princess Fate's list!!!!

http://www.vgchat.com/deleted2.txt

Deleting threads just cause there old. There's a LOT of threads there that wern't SPAM!!!

Any one missing there member pictures??!! This iz why!!!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Iris: You see that huueeeg list of things I deleted?
Yeah. I looked over the enitre thing.

[quote]All spam, mostly old.
In the BH&C board, sure. In Polls and OT, not so much. You should call them threads you don't like rather than spam because not all of those threads were spam.

[quote]All in need of deletion.

No. If they're not on the first page, why do they need to be deleted? To save precious space? Seriously, a whole thread probably uses only a few kilobytes, so that arguement is stupid. Cleaning up the boards? You're not going to see it if it isn't on the front page, for the most part, so why bother? And it takes away from the forums posting history, good or bad. So, unless it is on the first page, I don't see any argument nor any benefit gained. It doesn't make anything look cleaner, it certainly doesn't make this forum look smarter, and it doesn't save space.

This is why I think you're doing this primarily just because you can.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Jesse Smith: Uggg and you thought Iris was bad at moding!! Here's Princess Fate's list!!!!

http://www.vgchat.com/deleted2.txt

Deleting threads just cause there old. There's a LOT of threads there that wern't SPAM!!!

Any one missing there member pictures??!! This iz why!!!

A lot of those threads were merged. :/

Posted by The Judge

I saw on the first page, people were being civil and nice.

Now I just see a lot of quotes and paragraphs.

lol VGC.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Misoxeny]In the BH&C board, sure. In Polls and OT, not so much. You should call them threads you don't like rather than spam because not all of those threads were spam.
Most of the Polls ones were merged. And yes, the rest WERE spam. Don't just assume they were super great threads by the title or anything.
[quote]No. If they're not on the first page, why do they need to be deleted? To save precious space? Seriously, a whole thread probably uses only a few kilobytes, so that arguement is stupid. Cleaning up the boards? You're not going to see it if it isn't on the front page, for the most part, so why bother? And it takes away from the forums posting history, good or bad. So, unless it is on the first page, I don't see any argument nor any benefit gained. It doesn't make anything look cleaner, it certainly doesn't make this forum look smarter, and it doesn't save space.

This is why I think you're doing this primarily just because you can.
So your new argument is it's not on the first page so it doesn't help? Oh please. They should've been deleted in the first place, which is why it's being done now. Whether or not we got to them while they were on the first page should be irrelevant. And it's not something only I do, so don't say "AH, IT MUST BE BECAUSE SHE'S POWER HUNGRY!" Many mods do it, not just me and Fate.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Iris: I cleaned out threads in Board Help, Polls, and Future Systems. In Board Help, I deleted stupid questions where new members asking how to set avatars, how to use image tags, etc.

Why bother? Somebody will join and not know how to do these things, and if they have some sense, they can search and find their answer. Except they can't do that now, so they have to make a new thread and you have to delete it again.

Posted by Iris

I already stated why. The FAQ in BH & S exists to prevent those threads. If they get created, I'll delete them on sight. It says so right in the board. ;o

Posted by Kit

It doesn't explain how to automatically keep your font and font color the same in every post.
It doesn't explain how to start/stop getting emails from the site.
It doesn't explain how to set a User page.

These things can be asked by anybody.

Posted by Iris

There's really no point in explaining those farther than "Go to Options in your User CP." Those aren't in the FAQ because there's basically no point in explaining how in more than a sentence, and it's generally like that on ever message board.

As for User Pages, they are in the FAQ. :kiss:

Posted by Kit

Maybe, but it's causing threads to be made. ;)

Posted by Iris

Ctrl + F on the list I deleted:

No results for the query "e-mail" or "mail" in the thread titles. 2 results for "Color." One asking what color a member should pick, one asking about colors. Not that many threads. ;o

If you're so bent out of shape about those threads not existing, would you prefer if I made a FAQ for them and edited it into the announcement? ;) Although, I think anything other than font would be unnecessarry. It's like asking how to change your user title. :dunno:

Posted by Kit

I don't care, I already know these things. I'm thinking about the little ones! :cookie:

But still, there's a first time for everything..

Posted by Iris

There's about 20 or so threads that can be replied with "Check your Profile/Options under the User CP." I think most members should be aware of that, considering how very few of them even asked about it in the threads dating back to 2005. If it's a recurring problem, it'll be answered in the FAQ.

Posted by Zac

Oh no my precious post count!!!!!!

Posted by Apathetic

Did another one get moved again?

Posted by Xero

I remember losing 300 posts last week because the threads for avatars and signatures got moved to a board where posts dont count, but aside from that, I din't notice anything else.

Posted by Cruxis

Sniff* A moment of silence for all those who have lost post count.

I was unaffected, therefore nothing happened.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

He speaks the truth.

Posted by brownoystercult

I lost about 400. I don't mind at all though.

Posted by Lord of Spam

hey lets keep doing things that serve no purpose other than annoying people lol

Posted by Xero

Sure lets do it. We'll only get about 50 more threads in this board :rolleyes:

lol how do i revive old argument? shut up

Posted by Xero

BY necroposting all the threads in the flame board ;)