Ideas for Grand Theft Auto 4

Posted by InsaneGamer066

Here a a few things I would like to see.
Setting

In the GTA 3 universe in the ENTIRE Northeastern US and Parts of Canada. (I think a Blueray could handle this)

Weapons

G36
Sledge Hammer
glass bottle
Tommy Gun
B.A.R
Throwing knives
bayonets

Vehicles

Hang Gilder
Autogryo
AMC Grimlin (Widget)
Buick Grand National (not sure what R* would call this in the game)
Dodge Tomahawk (see above)
Jet skis

I will post more later.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting InsaneGamer066:
In the GTA 3 universe in the ENTIRE Northeastern US and Parts of Canada. (I think a Blueray could handle this)

Holy **** are you ever going to be let down.

Posted by higbvuyb

omfg lets thnk of cool GUnZ! we can get 4 teh gta4!11!11!
No.
Just adding guns and cars to GTA isn't going to make it any better, and each new city will just be the same, except it jsut looks different. The best way is to improve the gameplay, and bring innovation into the game.
Like Rap Battles, or bolters.

Posted by Moogs

I think you should be able to hit people with basses and guitars...

Posted by Poco

be able to make your own character would be nice. He/she would stilll follow the smae story, but you could create there proficincies/apparence.

Posted by Bebop

Character creation is a good idea. But frankly the bugs need to be fixed. Big time. Every one of the 3D games has suffered trerribly at the hands of the glitch ***s.

Posted by Crazy K

Character creation would be extremely nice, especially if you were allowed to make a women or man. Also I would like to see a new story with a twist, something that weirds ya out a bit.

Either way, I don't care to much since I probably won't be getting a PS3.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Crazy K:
Either way, I don't care to much since I probably won't be getting a PS3.

But it's also going to be realeased for the 360. If you're going to get a 360, I think you should care, because it will be one of the biggest games.

-Online mode
-More ways to get around (Blades, Skateboards, Scooters)
-Aging factor (Start beginning missions as a kid stealing, or doing good things like ratting on people. Continue to get older and go from there on, basically giving you more options as you grow older which will be advanced through missions.)
-Deeper character customization would be nice
-Interacting with more pedestrians
-Being able to enter a majority of the buildings in the game

I think those would make the game more enjoyable to me.

Posted by Klarth

- Optional top-down 2d view, just for nostalgic purposes.
- An area roughly the same size as Wales would be quite nice
- A choice of storylines/factions
- Animals
- Pregnant women
- Disabled people
- Children

Posted by Fate

Character creation would be cool, like Oblivion only with hotter features. But if that was done, I think the story would have to be changed to something unigender like in KOTOR. Voice acting would have to be unigender, too, which would be tough to hold scripts for a game that is supposed to be really massive.

Jeez, Klarth, with those ideas video gaming will be banned everywhere. I don't think the Jack Thompsons of the world will agree! Give it like ten years.

Posted by Bebop

I don't think Klarth was being serious.

Oh yeh, rape.

Posted by Speedfreak

The opportunity to be good and bust up the mob would be awesome. I've never had interest in the series because the idea of playing as some little gangsta fag repulsed me, but being able to take down mob bosses in a Batman costume? Hell yeah.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, and the ability to have illegitimate children with prostitutes would be fun. Later in the game you could dress up as a superhero and stand on top of a bridge until they let you see your kids :cookie:

Posted by TendoAddict

Wasnt grand theft Auto Vice city Number 4?

Anyways.

IMO GTA:SA did mostly everything. A bigger land mass could be trivial, I though San Andreas was good. I'd rather not have the extra beatable people for fear of Jack Thompson raids. Other ways of transport also seems just for kicks. Im at a stump for possible Ideas.

Posted by WackoHater2

Bigger playable area. More weapons. More cars. The option to be Mexican to you can fit double the hookers in your car. etc.

Posted by Hyper

I just thought of this over the weekend (didn't know this thread was made): Crosswalks. I never see pedestrians crossing the street, wtf. I want to hit one at 60 miles an hour without swerving around a light pole to do so :(

Posted by Zeta

Destructable environments. Get your hands on some explosives and level some buildings. That'd get the cops after your ***. And the buildings would mysteriously reappear next time you play your file, unless the building getting blown up is important to the story or something. idk

Posted by Bebop

Make it more realistic. Since when does an average black gangsta smo become an international crime lord with a jetpack? Exactly.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop: Make it more realistic. Since when does an average black gangsta smo become an international crime lord with a jetpack? Exactly.

But thats what makes GTA, erm, GTA! Can you think of a full plot with missions and sub missions that would be remotely as good as GTA:SA?

I dont care if normal ganstas dont fly to their job then parachut out , because in the end thats much more fun then riding a whoopty.

Posted by Bebop

Well if realism isnt an issue than players shouldnt complain if Rockstar give the character Spider man like abilites, Loch Ness Monster as a vehicle, UFOs, black people NOT stealing, nukes as weapons, a gun which shots knives and bees and every membet of the sesame street gang.

Wait that would rock. Oh shi-

Posted by Klarth

Make it less realistic. Put a city at the bottom of the sea.

Posted by TendoAddict

A GTA: Atlantis of shorts.

Weapon: Sword Fish
Urchins
Harpoons

vehicles: Whales
submarine

ITS GONNA BE THE BEST GTA EVA!

Posted by Moogs

I think you should be able to join the KKK or black panthers

Posted by keyartist

Animals, you never see them, maybe birds but lets see some dogs cats, and also Teenagers , kids and babies.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I know a lot of people want a London-esque area, and Rockstar are the type of company that listens to what the fans say. Not only that, but Greater London is bigger than any city in the US, so that's the 'bigger is better' crowd sorted.

Myself, I'd really like to see a female protagonist (not a choice), as well as speed traps (although sparingly placed). The solution? Talking your way out of tickets.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

And I'm going to bump this thread to say that if GTA had a Test Drive Unlimited-style always-online world (outside of missions), it'd be awesome. A lot of people just race around getting as much cop attention as possible - imagine if you could join in as someone was racing past being pursued by three police cars. That would kick so much ***. The only really annoying thing would be random people killing you either after you've just done a really hard mission, or for your uber weapons. I think that could be worked out, though. You could even have an on-the-fly hitman mission, where if you're playing GTA4 and a friend logs on, you invite him to a game and you appear in his city and he appears in yours. First one to get the hit on the other one wins something. Not only that, but there's the opportunity for co-op missions (either side-missions or main story - imagine in SA if one person was Catalina and the other was CJ while robbing the bank).

Posted by Reachel

Yeah, like Saints Row with the character development but with the things that GTA had going for it. Like the development and then the large area and the large amounts of jobs. While I think this would be good the development would take a long time and maybe might be dropped due to the amount of space. Since that would take a lot of space, but I think it would make it more emersive. But anyway, I think that would be good. Because the last GTA was good and then I just got done playing Saints Row and the Character Development was awesome so I thought mabye if they put them together I think it would be awesome.

Posted by Larry The Great

I like InsaneGamer's idea. I think the Main Character should work for the Vercetti Mafia. (working for Tommy how cool is that?)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Larry The Great: (working for Tommy how cool is that?)

Being a criminal and working in Burger King isnt cool.