Grand Theft Auto board?

Posted by InsaneGamer066

Is there a chance there will be a board for Grand Theft Auto? GTA series is the best.

Posted by Klarth

NO.

Posted by Hyper

It's up to Mr. Smith. I'd like one, but I don't think it's going to happen. You could start a blog for one and hope it gets popular enough to make front page, though.

Posted by WackoHater2

A GTA RPG would be nice.

Posted by Poison

Quoting InsaneGamer066: Is there a chance there will be a board for Grand Theft Auto? GTA series is the best.

Get it?

Posted by G-Sides

If there's a ****ing Super Smash Brothers forum, I see no reason to not have a GTA forum.

Posted by Poison

Quoting G-Sides: If there's a ****ing Super Smash Brothers forum, I see no reason to not have a GTA forum.

Are you kidding me? Do you know how many more people play super smash bothers then GTA? Do you also know how much more skill it takes to play super smash then GTA? Super smash bothers also has public tournaments and is almost a fact that it’s a great game. Comparing super mash to GTA is like Comparing a well-made 3d graphic model of virgin Britney Spears to a piece of turd. Your post is disappointing.

Posted by Hyper

GTA isn't THAT bad. It holds my interest longer than SSB, anyway. I'll mod-board-poll it if there's any more support shown.

Posted by Linkman

Most of the series forums need to go (Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, etc..). Jesse is stubborn about it, though. We don't need to add more when we don't need most of the ones we have.

Posted by Zeta

The Smash board will most likely get a lot more traffic after Brawl comes out, what with everyone challenging each other to wi-fi matches and stuff.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, personally I don't think they need to go. As soon as a sequel comes out they'll be active again.

Posted by G-Sides

[QUOTE=Poison]Are you kidding me? Do you know how many more people play super smash bothers then GTA? Do you also know how much more skill it takes to play super smash then GTA? Super smash bothers also has public tournaments and is almost a fact that it

Posted by brownoystercult

If Animal Crossing has it's own board, GTA should definitely. Especially with the next-gen GTA coming out pretty soon, which will be HUGE.

Posted by WackoHater2

There are gonna be more GTA games on PS2.. or PS3 I guess.. right? If they just plan on PSP games, well that just sucks. I dont like PSP.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Roinkz: If Animal Crossing has it's own board, GTA should definitely. Especially with the next-gen GTA coming out pretty soon, which will be HUGE.

lol HUEG

But anyways, I've also been looking foward to a GTA board. I'm for it.

Posted by Sterling

I wouldn't mind a GTA board, of course it's never gonna happen.

Posted by muffla

i wouldent mind it but whats with this GTA RPG i keep hearin aobut that really grabs my intrest

Posted by Xero

I've heard a lot about this game. Never tried it tho. We should vote this out with a poll.

Posted by Klarth

I seriously don't see enough conversations about GTA to warrant one, guys. :/

Posted by GameMiestro

As a Nintendo themed board, GTA would seem just a little out of line. As hard as it is to admit, the game can get more than a little graphic... which is why there isn't a Halo board, either.

Posted by Iris

I agree with Klarth. Forums like Kingdom Hearts and Super Smash Brothers get so many threads because of their huge fanbase and popularity. I mean, there's no highly anticipated GTA games coming out, it can't be played competitively, and there's very little to discuss about it. If we get a huge influx of members who adore it or something, then sure, but for now there's not much necessity.

You can always request a blog like Hyper suggested, but there'll be some restrictions before you can actually get one.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Vice City Stories and GTA4 are both widely anticipated. The portable versions have multiplayer. There is as much extra skill needed for the insane rotations and jumps that people do as is needed for wavedashing or L-cancelling.

I say yes, please. There's masses to talk about, especially given speculation on GTA4 and the fact that there's a GTA game coming out in October. You just need to look at gta-forums.com to see how popular it could get.

Big thumbs up from me.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting Klarth: I seriously don't see enough conversations about GTA to warrant one, guys. :/

I have to agree. It's a good game and all, but I've only heard it brought up on VGC, like twice. There's not a lot to say about it, even with the new games coming out.

It would be nice to have one, though, incase it gets really popular. I say we should at least try it.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Wings]Vice City Stories and GTA4 are both widely anticipated. The portable versions have multiplayer. There is as much extra skill needed for the insane rotations and jumps that people do as is needed for wavedashing or L-cancelling.
Heh, I actually didn't know those were coming out. :o

Well, if it'll get enough posts, sure. I just didn't assume that series would have a whole lot of discussion compared to our current boards.

Posted by Random

Quoting Poison: Are you kidding me? Do you know how many more people play super smash bothers then GTA? Do you also know how much more skill it takes to play super smash then GTA? Super smash bothers also has public tournaments and is almost a fact that it’s a great game. Comparing super mash to GTA is like Comparing a well-made 3d graphic model of virgin Britney Spears to a piece of turd. Your post is disappointing.

Poison you shouldn't necessarily give out false information =P

Perhaps more people play SSB in VGC than they do GTA but overall GTA outsells SSB by millions. So it's hard to say more people have played SSB.

And in all honesty I don't think we need a GTA board. But we also don't need SSB boards. Look at the Xbox Board. Halo is a topic there and yet you don't see it as its own seperate link. Would it get traffic if it had its own seperate link? Sure but it doesn't need one. We have too many boards that people don't visit too often or would asset perhaps another thread that isn't getting as much attention.

One could easily set SSBM in the Gamecube section while you could set SSBO in the Wii section. It'd raise the post count in those threads.

When I game is soon to come out it needs its own board. There's too much discussion for one thread, and the mods of the console's board get fed up with all the different threads about one game. Catch 22.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Well, we have a future systems board, so why not a future games one as well?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting lameboyadvance: Well, we have a future systems board, so why not a future games one as well?

You're a genious!!! *Makes a poll on da mod board.*

Because future games are generally discussed in the board for that system (or the future systems board).

If we've got a future systems board and a future games board, what, pray, goes in the Wii board?

Posted by Last Fog

I think all the game series boards should be removed since this forum gets so little traffic outside off topic and blogs anyway. If you have an animal crossing topic, post it in gamecube, or sonic topic in the sega board, etc. Get rid of all that crap. Less useless stuff to scroll through on the main page.

Edit- Hmm, just realized theres not a board for a single sega console, yet theres NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, VIRTUAL BOY, DS, gamecube, and Wii. This place is even more biased than I ever knew.

Posted by Iris

This is a video game board. :-/ Whether or not it gets as many posts as Off Topic, it's still going to be the most important part of VGC.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Iris: This is a video game board. :-/ Whether or not it gets as many posts as Off Topic, it's still going to be the most important part of VGC.
No its not, dont be ridiculous. The most important is clearly what gets the most posts and draws more attention.

Posted by Axis

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Animal Crossing has a board of it's own but popular games such as Halo or GTA don't have one. Last time I checked the Halo thread had more than the Animal Crossing board combined. And I don't think that it's that far behind from some of the others.

Someone, tell me why YOU think that Halo doesn't deserve a board of it's own. And no silly reasons such as "Because it's not a fun game," or "This game has more skill than that one".

Posted by Last Fog

Umm, its not made by Nintendo? :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

That's a good enough reason. :cookie:

Posted by Axis

Oh right, of course. I forget that this is mostly Nintendo dominated. But now that I think over it more, I do agree that they should just be thrown out.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

delete the KH board

or at least for my birthday give me mod so I can delete the thread I started

Posted by Shade

Quoting Iris: I agree with Klarth. Forums like Kingdom Hearts and Super Smash Brothers get so many threads because of their huge fanbase and popularity.

And yet Final Fantasy doesn't have one. What the hell?

Posted by Iris

Final Fantasy was just like KH, in that is had a lot of uncontrollable spam due to the huge fanbase. I'm hoping that once the KH board dies down, we can move Roleplaying and The Lounge to the blogs section and merge the KH board with the RPG board.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Iris: I'm hoping that once the KH board dies down...

I doubt it'll die down anytime soon but I do like the idea of the Lounge and Role-Playing being moved to the blog section but I'd like it better if the Role-Playing was inside the Lounge.
Actually if you do that right now there would be much less activity in the KH board except the theory thread Velvet Nightmare kindly gave to us. :)

Posted by Iris

If we did it now, the RPG board would be cluttered. Many threads in the KH board still get plenty of posts, so we probably won't consider merging until there's hardly anything left to talk about.

As for Role-Playing and The Lounge, they both have different moderators and different topics. There's no reason to merge.

Posted by Larry The Great

There SHOULD be a GTA board. There a LOTS of GTA fans out there.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of them "out there". None here, though, sorry. Consider it like this: Which of these arguments makes sense?

"There are lots of World of Warcraft fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Final Fantasy fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Halo fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Madden 200X: The Search For Actual Gameplay fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Prince of Persia fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Crash Bandicoot fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Streets of Rage fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of River City Ransom fans out there! Make a board!"
"There are lots of Need For Speed 12: Underground On The Run World Tour Ultimate Urban Destruction Monster Truck Edition With Pink Fart Noise Exhaust Pipes (Featuring the "Flaming Side Skirt" Expansion Pack and the Ultimate 50-Pac-Z Musicz Ghett0 Mod!) fans out there! Make a board!"

If you answered "none", then nor does your GTA proposal. If you answered anything else, you're an idiot.

There's little-to-no GTA discussion here. NO BOARD. NONE. NYET.