PREY!!

Posted by Random

So I don't think the games out yet, I could be wrong.. But tonight I got to play the Demo on Xbox Live.. Pssht i'm very excited about this game. Now my first thoughts was that it was another Doom only minus the dead and add on the Aliens. But after playing it I realized the game was different (in a better way) and wasn't choppy at all. I expect a lot out of this game.

Anyone play the demo?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's been out since, what, early July? I bought the game when it hit the shelves and I only started playing it last night. Pretty good.

Posted by Random

haha goes to show how much I pay attention. I was like "Oh sweet demo, I wonder if its out yet??"

Thats good to know. So you recommend it?

As a purchase? Not really. If you got the cash, go ahead. Otherwise it's a great rental. You've already played 20%.

Mind you, I haven't tried it online yet, but I hear it's not that great.

Posted by Last Fog

Are you kidding me? Dont you work at a game store? This games been out for weeks.

Like vamp said its really short and the multiplayer is mediocre. Plus the whole plot of "lol alien abduction gotta save teh world" doesnt interest me. I played the demo and hated it.

It gets better after the demo section is done. It's just not worth 60 bucks.

Posted by Random

Quoting Last Fog: Are you kidding me? Dont you work at a game store? This games been out for weeks.

Like vamp said its really short and the multiplayer is mediocre. Plus the whole plot of "lol alien abduction gotta save teh world" doesnt interest me. I played the demo and hated it.

Used to work at a game store. Left it for a better job. But my hours are being cut by 10 at my current job and EB Games is willing to put me back on for 10 hours.

I had no clue it was out. I haven't really done much gaming lately :(

Posted by Axis

This game is only a rental. The single player you can beat in 6 hours and the multiplayer isn't that great. But they are going to release a patch here pretty soon.

So, I beat the game a couple of days ago, and I have to say, I thought it was awesome. Still a rental, but a great one. The storyline was a little lame right up until the end ([spoiler]where you're forced to fight and kill your mutilated girlfriend[/spoiler],) and the gameplay was cool and fun. I actually liked the no dying thing, it was less frustrating and much more enjoyable. Plus, for the few times they really made the world go crazy ([spoiler]the maze area, and when Mother was creating the next areas for you[/spoiler]) were well worth the lack of interesting settings throughout most of the game.

Posted by Dog

I played a demo of this game. It was pretty fun. I love how you can interact with almost anything.

Quoted post: I played a demo of this game. It was pretty fun. I love how you can interact with almost anything.

You can interact with barely anything, actually. Just a few random nobs and switches in the bar. After that, it's just buttons for portals and walkways, that's about it.

Posted by Dog

Your probably right because I only played the demo up to the part where you get Abducted, which is right after the bar.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Shalien: Your probably right because I only played the demo up to the part where you get Abducted, which is right after the bar.
lol

so you didnt even play the game, that was more or less just an intro, aside from the bar fight... I didnt get much further though cause the **** bar scene took forever, then you see another long, retarded cutscene, then you finally get to actually play.

Luckily, right after the demo ends, that's pretty much it for **** you have to sit through. There's only one or two more parts, and they're small. Well, at least until you get to the end. But that ****'s just cool.

Posted by TheSorrow

yeah i played through the demo and i thought it was good but for a game that has been in devolpment for so long you think they could have added a longer story from what i have been hearing the story is short

Posted by muffla

i havent played the game but i was planing on getting it after the price went down is this a good idea?

Quoted post: yeah i played through the demo and i thought it was good but for a game that has been in devolpment for so long you think they could have added a longer story from what i have been hearing the story is short

In wasn't in constant development for ten years...

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="Cyan"]Because the Xbox360 console has superior graphics and costs under $1000, the gameplay for FPS games look just the same as the Xbox games. If the console was priced at $2000 then customers should get arcade graphics just like the coin-operated machines. If a customer can afford a high definiton plasma TV that costs over $5000, such as myself, then I can afford an expensive arcade games console over $2000 that will give better gameplay with enemy appearing every 3 or 4 seconds instead of every 30+ seconds. Level stages would probably take 2 months to finish instead of less than 12 hours. Because videogames is an ongoing learning and fascinating industry, I know that my money is really not wasted if I buy them. Money that will fund future experiments on faster glitch-free consoles and games. [/COLOR]

Posted by Axis

What the hell?