WOW vs. EQ

Posted by Jezex

Hey im BORED so i decided... what do you think is better... WOW or EQ? please give your reasons and not just yes or no... sorry im bored and it seemed a pretty ok post... "heres my 2 cents": (i got some help with details of EQ and some cons of WOW by critics
World of Warcraft
Pros:

Based on familiar characters, spells and abilities which anyone who has played Blizzard games knows
Good graphics
Slow leveling means hard work
Great player interface
Good storage/banking to hang onto items
Dying isn't too bad... do not lose items, experience or weapons/armor durability

also, getting back to body does not take that long

Spells can be purchased (not limited)
Decent group playability
Can have many characters
Cons:

We'll start with the spells thing. They can just be purchased, no limit, so there will be hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of the very same builds out there. Not a lot of diversity.
Questing is mainly just killing x beasts, taking this to that spot and going to see some soandso
Caves are very limited in scope... puny is the word I'm looking for
Limited character/class/profession choices
There is not likely to be expansions for a long time and they will be few and far between... remember, this is Blizzard we are talking about. so you'd better like the world you're in, cause it is not likely to change any time soon.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000067A3M.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
EQ II
Pros:

History in MMORPG to back it up
There is likely to be many expansions that redefine the world, add to it and add quests.
Large base of mature members (that is an opinion based on having played EQ briefly).
Large choice of characters/playable races/professions/etc... there will be a lot of diversity in groups
Amazing graphics
Amazing caves that are incredibly deep and in depth
Cons:

Limited amount of characters
Limited storage space
Easy leveling
Limited questing (same as WoW)
Loss of experience when you die unless you go get your player shard (at which point you get back most of your experience but not all). of course, this should make people play a little safer. i know in WoW, i'm not afraid of dying and that takes away some of the excitment

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't know if EQ2 is like regular EQ. . . but last time I played, after level 30 it was tough leveling up. Wasn't "easy" I would say.

Posted by TheMooChicken

.... Hard questing? You're telling me it is easier to lv in EQ2 than in WoW? Must be able to hit 60 in a week then huh?

Posted by Darkbackward

World of Warcraft is the worst game ever made. There is rarely a time where I found one innovative thing about it. Mostly bad and repetitive and easy gameplay.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I've never played EQ before, but right now WoW is my favorite game of all time, literally. So yeah I'm goin with WoW for obvious reasons.

1. It's more fun then EQ.
2. Even though the graphics in EQ are good, there not very imerssing. WoWs are very handcrafted.
3.Although the qwests in WoW are basically all the same, (kill some one,kill a certain amount of things, retrieve something from people, or talk to someone) they all differ from youre level in difficulty.
4.WoW is wayyyyyyyyyy easier to control and easier to get into.

Posted by Jezex

In my opinion, just the Races in EQ are a load of Bull, Frogs and Rats wtf? all the races are a bunch of ugly mofo's and generally anyway u either like 1 or the other and you get hooked to one and automatically think the other 1 is crap

Posted by TheMooChicken

Quoting SanitysRequiem: I've never played EQ before, but right now WoW is my favorite game of all time, literally. So yeah I'm goin with WoW for obvious reasons.

2. Even though the graphics in EQ are good, there not very imerssing. WoWs are very handcrafted.
3.Although the qwests in WoW are basically all the same, (kill some one,kill a certain amount of things, retrieve something from people, or talk to someone) they all differ from youre level in difficulty.

How do you know these things if you have never played the game?

Though I've never played it either....

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Ok, you've got me there but I've heard on various reviews thatthe contorlsare hard to get into on EQ, and are complicated. EQjust looks kind of boring from the gam,eplay videos I've seen.

Posted by Dark Link

Right now I have both WoW and EQ2.

IMO I have to go with WoW.

WoW has it where you can Solo ALL the way to 60 without having to group...except for Elite Instances.
EQ2...That game focuses HEAVILY on Grouping. About 1/2 the game in Grouping.

Even my friend who was a EQ fan also says that WoW is better because of the less grouping stuff and more soloable things

Posted by CannedMonkey

lol this is posisble the stupidist thing i have ever heard (no Offense to ou or anythin) but First thing u say is i love WOW but ive never played Eq Then ur first reason it'sbetter then EQ Is becasue it's more fun And all ur reasons u are basing on wuit lol Just randopm things to put down so that ur post count can go up??? Personally i have neither played both but i have heard that Wow Is better than Eq but i'm nbot sure so i have no Say :D

Quoting SanitysRequiem: I've never played EQ before, but right now WoW is my favorite game of all time, literally. So yeah I'm goin with WoW for obvious reasons.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

As I stated above. I've heard in various reviews that EQ2s contorls are hard to get into and complicated. And it look's kind of boring form the gameplay videos I've seen. And no, it was not to get my post count up.

Posted by TehGamer

Well WOW is pretty SUCK if u ask me.. i would go for EQ..

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting TehGamer: Well WOW is pretty SUCK if u ask me.. i would go for EQ..

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REVIVED A F*CKING THREAD THAT WAS OVER A YEAR OLD!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Uh, WoW is better. I don't even have to give reasons; it's just better.

Posted by Atomicgames

EQ's graphics are nightmareish, mainly because they seem to each have been created by someone totally different so they all clash. I actually prefer the fighting (melee) in EQ2, though the spellcasting in WOW I find superior.

Unfortunately, the itemization in WOW at 60 is really irritating, and you have to go into serious raids in either game, so you will have to deal with a lot of people, a lot of time, and a lot of irritation if you want to advance in gear past 60.

I can't speak for the endgame in EQ, because I've never been there. But just as a 'how is the world' sort of thing, WOW trumps it. IMO, just wait for huxley or something similar.