Dissection Frontman Commits Suicide

Posted by Shin-Ra

I doubt most of you will care, but:

[quote]DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. More details will be made available shortly.

Nödtveidt formed DISSECTION in 1989 and released two full-length albums with the group — "The Somberlain" (1993) and "Storm of the Light's Bane" (1995) — before he was convicted in Sweden of felony murder of 37-year-old homosexual Algerian Josef Ben Maddour in 1997. He was released from prison in 2004, at which point he restarted DISSECTION.

DISSECTION announced in May that it would split up imediately following its final performances in support of its recently released CD, "Reinkaos". The band was subsequently forced to cancel its two previously announced appearances in North America (Sept. 1 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA and Sept. 6 at B.B. King Blues Club in New York City) after Nödtveidt was denied legal entry into the United States as a result of his conviction.

DISSECTION's most recent album, "Reinkaos", was released in May on The End Records.

[url=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56681]Sauce[/url]

There goes another "legend" of the genre. The first two albums were fantastic, but I honestly didn't care for the newest effort. Still, it sucks to see another good musician waste away. But then again he did kill a gay dude, but so did Faust and I'd be sad if he died a sudden death. Oh well, I guess this is the end of Dissection.

http://www.myspace.com/asmegintunes
Listen to "Unhallowed" if you haven't heard them. The other songs on that page aren't by them, by the way.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Although I was not to keen on him killing the gay guy, it is a bit sad to see him off himself. The Somberlain was an album made of pure win.

So does anyone know how he killed himself?

Posted by Shin-Ra

It hasn't been said yet, but according to that article there will be updates soon.

Posted by Klarth

I don't blame him. Reinkaos was pretty horrible. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

Update:
(Note: Don't trust every word of this, you all know how the media can and will twist information for the sake of a good story. Believe what you will.)

[quote]DISSECTION Frontman Shot Himself In Head As Part Of Ritual Suicide - Aug. 19, 2006
Swedish heavy metal musician Jon N

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: DISSECTION Frontman Shot Himself In Head As Part Of Ritual Suicide

Stopped reading there.

Anywho, I guess I'm glad I never got into the band now. Still pretty sad though. Way too young to die.

Posted by Klarth

I refuse to believe it. :/

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It's cool that he killed the gay guy with a Shotgun, I did not know that.

Ritual Suicide?!

MUSICAL PROFILING 'CAUSE HE'S IN AN "EVIL" BAND! :mad:

Posted by Raptor

[quote]"I'm going away for a long, long time. I'm going to Transylvania."

Sure hope he consumed the laurels before traversing the marsh!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Raptor:

Sure hope he consumed the laurels before traversing the marsh!

When I read the Transylvania thing, seriously, I immediately thought of Simon's Quest.

I'll bet that within time, a small group of fans of this band will start making claims and presenting evidence as to why this was actually a homocide made to look like suicide.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I'll bet that within time, a small group of fans of this band will start making claims and presenting evidence as to why this was actually a homocide made to look like suicide.

Nah, this is black metal not Nirvana. No one's ever doubted the death of all the other scores of black metal musicians who have offed themselves in the past years, now that I think about it, it's pretty much accepted. Plus, it was part of the guy's beliefs that he should kill himself once he sees fit, as in, once you're not productive anymore and since the band just quit touring and finished the last album, what better time?

Yeah, all you're going to see out of it is various rumours to make his suicide look even more grim. Otherwise, it's just another suicide. ****'s happened before, nothing to question.

Posted by Shin-Ra

What the hell is with this copy cat shit as of late? Not long after Jon's death, the old drummer for In Battle killed himself and the vocalist from Shining has disappeared and is presumed dead by his bandmates. The latter is probably a publicity stunt, but it's always possible with that guy, and plus he's already named a new singer for the band in what's sort of a will.

Ugh, this is lame. Though Kvarforth, Shining's vocalist, probably did kill himself. I wouldn't doubt it. Maybe it's a publicity stunt, maybe he's the "new" vocalist "Ghoul," since I don't believe any of the band has met him yet. Still, Kvarforth seemed pretty troubled, and his band was a suicidal black metal band. Apparently big **** happened before he disappeared too, so yeah, he's dead I'm sure. Which is sad since they made some pretty great black metal.

Posted by Dreadnought

Maha Kali f*cking sucked. After that, I'm not sure I want to hear any more Dissection.