Snakes on a Plane

Posted by Echo

Just got back from the 10 PM showing, and this movie is GREAT. It is the most entertaining movie I've seen in a looooong time. Of course, the plot isn't really thought provoking or anything like that, but it's just a purely fun movie from start to finish. There are some very good action sequences (and very gruesome snake bites) as well as some really funny parts. I'm sure not everyone will love it as much as I do (I'm thinking of all you fuddy-duddies who only like movies with SUPER DEEP PLOT), but if you just want to have a thoroughly fun and entertaining hour and a half, I heartily suggest Snakes on a Plane.

Posted by Crazy K

I still want to see it, I might possibly catch it one of these days. If not I'll rent it once it hits DVD.

Posted by Raptor

I would probably go if someone bought me a ticket.

Not to see the movie, of course- just to buy some theatre popcorn and Sour Jacks at the concession stand, then come back home to watch Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Posted by Ant

You should go into the theater and throw the popcorn at some old man.

I'll be seeing this tomarrow. Oh boy oh boy, I can't wait!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm going more for the crowd and one or two lines than the movie itself. SHOULD BE FUN AS HELL

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Ant: You should go into the theater and throw the popcorn at some old man.

That would be the much healthier choice, eh? Truth is, just four or five handfuls of popcorn are enough to sate my craving for it, and I prefer to stop before I can feel my arteries getting clogged up. I can never reach the bottom of those colossal bags/buckets they offer (even the small miniature child size), and to attempt such a feat may prove fatal.

I always buy and eat my own large bag of popcorn whenever I go to the movies. I'm such a fatty :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

I almost NEVER eat or drink at the movies. I find it takes away from the film.:( Plus, I HATE having to leave to go ****.

But yeah, I've got my suit, wig, and a ticket for 7pm tonight. THEATERS CLOSED.

Posted by Klarth

I'll probably wind up seeing this with a load of friends sometime in September.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

I thought about this movie the way I thought about Phonebooth.
"How can it be any good?" But I still wanna check it out, cause
it might turn out to be worth my time at the least.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I generally don't go to the movies by myself, so I usually get a girl to smuggle food and drinks into the theaters for me. I feel like an ass for being so cheap because I don't even have to pay for movies anymore since my friend's "dating" (friends with benefits situation) the manager.

I'd go see SoaP tonight, but I have to work. I'll probably see it on Monday night, because there's nothing to do on weeknights here anyway.

Posted by Kilisha

i havent seen it yet but i want to.

Posted by s0ul

Awesome. Just ****ing awesome.

Posted by Red

just saw the 9 45 movie, loved it, this movie was ammazing I don't understand what the reviewers were talking about!? this movie was just amazing, in my oppinion anyway.

Posted by s0ul

All one reviews I saw said it was good. I mean, it's not... good. It's not the least bit thought-provoking or emotional or intelligent but it's the most I've enjoyed myself watching a movie ever.

Posted by Red

o rly r u srsly?! cuz all the revies I've heard said it was crap!

It depends on how you view it. If you go in thinking it's anything other than a mindless popcorn flick, you'll most likely hate it. You're also an idiot if you do that. And many reviewers just happen to be that dumb.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Red: o rly r u srsly?! cuz all the revies I've heard said it was crap!

I'm not sure what you just said, but I will say this much:

Yes.

Posted by Ant

I laughed at this movie so much. And I was oh so happy when he said the famous line.

It lived up to my expectations!

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i personally loved the flick because for the first time in a wile i was purely entertained by a movie i thought it was great and i want to say to red i bet you didn't read a single review and your just goin of what a friend of ours said you smell red..... you truely are crap.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Loved it. It was so good that I completely forgot i was siutting in the theater amidst a group of guys wearing suits and afros.

Posted by Bebop

Really good. Lived up to the hype.

Posted by Apathetic

Awesome movie, was hilarious and ownage.

Posted by Bebop

Anyone know where I can get a Snakes on a Plane t shirt?

Posted by brownoystercult

http://****ation-inc.com/order.php?item=1

fill in the censors with D-A-M-N

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/snakes+on+a+plane

Posted by Tysis

Well, at first I thought this movie looked pretty gay, but after hearing you talk about it I might go and see it (although I would rather go see Pulse or Descent first)

I hear the sequal to this film will be entitled:

Spiders On A Bus

(may not be as good)

Posted by Cruxis

I though it was terrible. BUT (before any of you get angry) I did think it had nice acting, the camera angles where neat and even more although I didnt care much for the plot, I can on the other hand say that it is possibly the most unique idea I have even seen. Over all, It is worth the money if you are wanting to see somthing new and unique. Yet, if your just going to see somthing amazing and mind blowing....then I say go see the 9/11 movie.

Quoted post: I though it was terrible. BUT (before any of you get angry) I did think it had nice acting

You thought the movie sucked but the acting was good? wtf I think you have it reversed.

Quoted post: Well, at first I thought this movie looked pretty gay, but after hearing you talk about it I might go and see it (although I would rather go see Pulse or Descent first)

You'll have more fun watching SoaP than Pulse. Not to mention Pulse is... horrible. Descent is more than worth the money though.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Cruxis: I didnt care much for the plot.

Are you ****ing stupid? The movie is called Snakes on a Plane, how can you go in there with more expectations from the plot?

Posted by Apathetic

The action seemed to pass by quickly, needed more Samuel L Jackson. Going to go see it soon again though :)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Tysis: Well, at first I thought this movie looked pretty gay, but after hearing you talk about it I might go and see it (although I would rather go see Pulse or Descent first)

Spiders On A Bus

(may not be as good)

No sequel has been announced. It would ruin it.

But if it were turned into a trilogy the boxset could be called Snakes on Planes, Trains and Automobiles :-p

Posted by PMK

Snakes on a Mother****ing Plane

Posted by Raptor

It doesn't sadden me that the film industry allows rubbish like this to be released to the masses as major motion pictures, so much that so many people continue to support this tradition by paying to go see it. I hate people.

Quoting Cruxis: Yet, if your just going to see somthing amazing and mind blowing....then I say go see the 9/11 movie.

...No.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Raptor: It doesn't sadden me that the film industry allows rubbish like this to be released to the masses as major motion pictures, so much that so many people continue to support this tradition by paying to go see it. I hate people.

...No.

If you hate people why not just stop being around them? Suicide is a great way to remove the anti-SOAP followers. Boo hiss boo.

Posted by Colonel

NIPPLE BITE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

Quoting Tysis:

Spiders On A Bus

(may not be as good)

That would be awful they would just hit the brakes and get out of the bus.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Raptor: It doesn't sadden me that the film industry allows rubbish like this to be released to the masses as major motion pictures, so much that so many people continue to support this tradition by paying to go see it. I hate people.

Tradition? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't recall anything like Snakes on a Plane before...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting .hack//:
That would be awful they would just hit the brakes and get out of the bus.

Snakes on a Plane? That would be awful. How can snakes be dangerous?

Posted by Raptor

Quoting s0ul: Tradition? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't recall anything like Snakes on a Plane before...

RE-READ MY POST PLS

Posted by s0ul

I'll re-read your post plz when you understand what Snakes on a Plane is. It's not just a movie. It's an experience.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting s0ul: It's not just a movie. It's an experience.

If only I could recall which dimwit originally used that expression... ahhhh.

Seriously though, it's Snakes on a Plane. As stupid as it may be, it's supposed to be that way. Hell, it's basically meant for idiots on the net who bought into it the moment the name was announced. No one expected it to be great, nor serious, and no one wanted that. It actually wasn't even that awful, rather, pretty good.

At least it's not a horror movie! Now that's something to complain about. They're not even enjoyable anymore.

Posted by Arwon

WE GOT SNAKES

That was actually better than I was expecting. More violent, more extreme, and actually a note-perfect generic action movie of awesomeness. Thoroughly satisfying after all the hype. Best since Die Hard and maybe the Fifth Element. It was like a giant ball of every action movie cliche, second rate auto-generated Hollywood dialogue lines, stock characters, all rolled together into a glorious mess of self-referencing post-ironic cultishness.

Should sweep the Oscars.

Posted by Cruxis

I rewatched SOAP....It was actually better the second time around. maybe it was the fresh popcorn or maybe the fact that I have had little sleep the last few days, but I can actually say now, It wasnt that bad...kinda funny at times.

.....now I'm going to go watch Pirates of the carebean 2... again.