Weird shat on Tetris

Posted by WackoHater2

I play Tetris on my GBA SP every day. Every once in a while, my colors change from red, yellow, and black. They are like blue, purple and black. Anyone else ever had this happen?

Posted by Arczu

Uh... what? Which Teris is this? Are you using a Gameboy Tetris or a GBA Tetris game?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's a function. It's like those mood rings that used to be huge. The more you suck the darker the colours become.

Posted by WackoHater2

The original Tetris for GB. And in response to Vampiro; I dont suck at Tetris. I am a avergae player.

Posted by brownoystercult

He was just saying if you're doing bad, the colors get darker.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Panic: The original Tetris for GB. And in response to Vampiro; I dont suck at Tetris. I am a mediocre player.

Mediocre = you suck. :/

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Klarth: Mediocre = you suck. :/

I know. I meant moderate. Fix'd.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mediocre

me·di·o·cre Audio pronunciation of "mediocre" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (md-kr)
adj.

Moderate to inferior in quality; ordinary. See Synonyms at average.

Posted by WackoHater2

**** it, fix'd again. Can anyone tell me what is happening when the colors change. A real answer please?

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Do they change mid gameplay or are you press buttons at the gameboy screen? If it the second option then it's something you're doing.

Posted by WackoHater2

Its when I press Start. I dunno what I am doing though. I have tried all different button combos and I cant ever seem to find it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's a function of the GB Color, and everything after that, including all three GBAs. If you hold a button and a direction at the start-up screen where the GameBoy logo appears, the colour will change to either the inverse or by shifting everything along the colour spectrum. This is so that if games from the GB Classic era got the colour wrong on the Color (red grass and green sky, for example), you could change the palette at the start of the game so that the grass would be green and the sky blue. You're probably pressing buttons before the game has fully loaded, that's all.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thanks Wings. It's about **** time someone actually helped and didn't act like an ***.

I'm surprised no-one else knew, actually.

Posted by WackoHater2

The probably knew. Klarth and Vamp just don't like me.

In that case, you're a teapot.

Actually, I didn't remember that the GBC did that. I haven't used one in ages, and even then I rarely bothered with the feature.

Posted by Kit

I knew the GBA and GBA SP did it, but I didn't know about the GBC. You can also change the colour scheme while holding one of the buttons to get another 4 colour schemes to change to. You can do it on a lot of Gameboy games.

All of the games pre-Color support it.

Posted by cyberhotshot

asfsadfds kk

Posted by Breakman

I could have sworn you had to do that on the title screen, though, like when it says "GAME BOY Advance" or "Nintendo" in the case of the GBC (I didn't ever notice you could do that on the GBC, either, I just did it with the Advance). Though I don't deny it was achievable with the Color, seeing as the technology was used to a much greater extent in Super Gameboy which came out years before the GBC.

Yeah, you do have to do it at that screen. But if you are holding a button when you turn the system on, it'll do it.

Posted by WackoHater2

I've been messing around with different colors. I like the green the best, I guess becuase green is my favorite color.

Posted by Kit

I like the negative colours you can get. It feels different playing Super Mario Land or something.

Posted by WackoHater2

I haven't had a chance to try it with anything other than Tetris. I guess that's because it's the only pre-GameBoy Color game that I have.

Posted by Enchirito

If you play Kirby's Dreamland on it without changing the color at all, it looks almost like it's using the whole color pallette

Posted by techy4556

Does anyone here know what a factory sealed Gameboy Tetris is worth?

Posted by Panic!

LOL I MEMBER WHEN I MADE DIS THREAD!