Many may remember this game from the Playstation days,
and I was curious as to who thought it was a very underrated
game? I will say without a doubt that it has to be my favorite
RPG of all time. I still pull it out of the PS library and play it
from time to time. I just feel that this RPG was overlooked by
a lot of RPG fans.

NOTE: I am told it is out for the PSP, but I cannot seem
to find it for sale anywhere. Was it realesed in the US, and if
so, does anyone know where I might be able to buy it?

Posted by Klarth

I think it might be Europe-exclusive. :/

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Quoting Klarth: I think it might be Europe-exclusive. :/

Ouch...well let me ask the dumbest question ever,
if its Europe-exclusive, is it in English?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I wouldn't say it was underrated since i've never heard anyone say anything negative about the game. It was more overlooked, i'd say.[/COLOR]

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]I wouldn't say it was underrated since i've never heard anyone say anything negative about the game. It was more overlooked, i'd say.[/COLOR]

Perhaps Over-Looked would be a better choice of
words when dealing with this game.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Forgotten Soul: Ouch...well let me ask the dumbest question ever,
if its Europe-exclusive, is it in English?

Yes.

Posted by Xenos

It was a nice game - I never finished it, however, because I got stuck. I still kinda like BoF II more than BoF III and any BoF after III should never have been made.

coughDQcough.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]I wouldn't say it was underrated since i've never heard anyone say anything negative about the game. It was more overlooked, i'd say.[/COLOR]

To be fair, my older brother who's a pretty big RPG buff and a HUGE fan of BoF 1 and 2 loathed 3 mostly due to the graphic style, isometric view and smaller, less likable cast of characters compared to the original two. But... I disagree.

I actually love the game, it's probably my favorite of the original trilogy (the only ones I've really played). The music's great (one of the best battle themes from any RPG ever), the characters are overall cool (Ryu + Rei + Momo = <3, though I'd replace Ryu with Teepo if that were possible), I personally love the graphical style, and man oh man, does it UNARGUABLY have THE BEST Dragon system of any BoF ever. That one aspect alone of the battle system was just killer, the whole enemy skills and sharing system and Masters system were just icing on the cake.

The only real downside, aside from the totally pointless overworld battle system and a couple other small things, was the Capcom-trademark wonky translation into English. And the fact that every spell and skill is chanted in Japanese, save for a couple that were oddly said in English -- for example, try learning "Mind Sword" with Garr and using it in battle.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Quoting Xuphansa: coughDQcough.

Oh man did Dragon Quarter bite the bullet. I hated
that **** game, I thought it was total crap.

Breakman - Way to sum it up!