Bad News about Zelda

Posted by Bebop

http://news.spong.com/article/10599

:c

Posted by Zeta

Ouch. Good thing I'm getting the GCN version.

Posted by s0ul

Or you could just buy the Gamecube version and play it on your Wii with a Gamecube controller. What the ****?

Posted by Klarth

I'm guessing the Wii version will have a few prettier things like pixel-shaded water, etc. And that's why I want it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I thought this was how it was supposed to be anyways. So no big loss for me. I'll just probably end up buying both versions. Which is what they want I'm sure.

Posted by maian

Um, darn.

Not really. I never even suspected that it would be Cube compatible. Y'know, whatever earns you more money. :cookie:

I'll probably be getting both. =/ I need a fantastic Zelda game for my Cube, and I need it for Wii just because I do.

Posted by Hyper

I intended to use the Wiimote for it all, anyway. Same as Vampiro, I assumed that this is how it was going to be anyway. So whatever.

Posted by TendoAddict

harsh but perdictable. I will buy they wii verson and try it. If it sucks Ill return and get the GC verson.

Would of been nice (and stupidly easy) to have both controll for wii. But hey, Money Talks.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting TendoAddict: harsh but perdictable. I will buy they wii verson and try it. If it sucks Ill return and get the GC verson.

Would of been nice (and stupidly easy) to have both controll for wii. But hey, Money Talks.

Or you could just...

Jesus Christ I'm ****ing angry. THE WII IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE :mad:

Posted by Last Fog

Zelda? wha? oh that game that got delayed 20 times, i keep forgetting about it lol

Quoting s0ul: Or you could just...

Jesus Christ I'm ****ing angry. THE WII IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE :mad:
You seem to be missing the point buddy... people wanted to use both controller on one version.

Posted by Ant

Eh, don't care. I'm sure the Wii-mote will work out just fine. What with all the work they put into it. It'll be faptastic!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Ant: Eh, don't care. I'm sure the Wii-mote will work out just fine. What with all the work they put into it. It'll be faptastic!

What he said. Emphasis on faptastic.

I planned on using the Wiimote anyways.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Last Fog: Zelda? wha? oh that game that got delayed 20 times, i keep forgetting about it lol

You seem to be missing the point buddy... people wanted to use both controller on one version.

No, I understand, it's just stupid. I assumed by the fact that people asked which version they were playing that everyone assumed this to be the case. It's not bad news, it's not even news.

Posted by Breakman

I dunno, this doesn't seem like that big a deal.

We haven't actually played the Wii yet, we can't say what playing the whole game with the Wiimote will be like. For all we know, you can play it somehow exceptionally well with the sideways NES-esque style, or it's nowhere near as painful as it sounds. Plus, you have to admit, if they didn't pull something like this, no one in the world would buy the GC version.

And again, controlling it with the Wiimote might be extremely fun, and still worth it. I'm not fretting yet.

Posted by Speedfreak

Why are so many people bitching about this? THERE'S 2 VERSIONS, YEAH?

The Wii version doesn't have better graphics, it just has widescreen and progressive scan. For the vast majority of you, that means NOTHING.

Posted by Klarth

Except for those of us with 16:9 progscan compatible TVs. :) Wait, so the GCN version won't have progressive scan? There were plenty of gamecube titles which supported it (Metroid Prime to name one).

Posted by Pit

LOL BAD NEWS GRAH.

Wasn't it obvious by them making 2 ****ing versions?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Breakman: Plus, you have to admit, if they didn't pull something like this, no one in the world would buy the GC version.
Are you kidding me? This game would sell gamecubes. I for one am planning to get the GCN version.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting : It's probably fair to say that Nintendo has been completely blindsided by this reaction, the first truly negative feedback from its fanbase which, to date, has taken great pains to pour affection over every element of the 'new-generation' project.

[COLOR="Yellow"]My thoughts exactly. Even some of the most die-hard Nintendo fanatics find it hard to swallow this decision and keep a happy face on it. It doesn't mean much to me, i decided long ago to get the Gamecube version since i still don't know how well the remote will work with most games.

It's highly unlikely, but if they announce that Brawl will also be exclusively played with the Wiimote. . . i don't even want to think about it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I seem to be the only one intent on enjoying the Wiimote.

And I doubt they'd do that due to possible mob attacks on Nintendo.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Sapphire Rose: And I doubt they'd do that due to possible mob attacks on Nintendo.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Assembled by me.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

SSBB is definitely NOT going to be Wiimote-exclusive. It's only been hinted at that it won't be, but like hell they'd **** up on this one.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Except for those of us with 16:9 progscan compatible TVs. :) Wait, so the GCN version won't have progressive scan? There were plenty of gamecube titles which supported it (Metroid Prime to name one).

You live in the UK, so it obviously won't affect you. You can't get 480p TVs in the UK.

Come to think of it, I think it does have progressive scan on the GC version. So people are bitching about not having widescreen on the GC version.
GC controls or widescreen, WHAT A TOUGH DECISION, EH?

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]My thoughts exactly. Even some of the most die-hard Nintendo fanatics find it hard to swallow this decision and keep a happy face on it. It doesn't mean much to me, i decided long ago to get the Gamecube version since i still don't know how well the remote will work with most games.

It's highly unlikely, but if they announce that Brawl will also be exclusively played with the Wiimote. . . i don't even want to think about it.[/COLOR]

You decided to get the GCN version based on something you don't know? Surely it'd make more sense to wait and find out before deciding?

Smash uses GC controllers, it's already been confirmed.

Posted by maian

I've already said it, I'm buying both.

The opportunity of playing it on the Wii is simply too good to pass up. I'll love to see what the Wiimote offers. Whether I love it or hate it, I'm still doing it.

It's fscking Nintendo, anyway. They don't often screw up.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: You decided to get the GCN version based on something you don't know? Surely it'd make more sense to wait and find out before deciding?

[COLOR="Yellow"]On the contrary. I decided to get the Gamecube version based on what i do know, they typical Zelda gameplay. If i try the Wii version and it's a completely unique and enjoyable experience then i'll buy that too, if it's not then i won't.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]On the contrary. I decided to get the Gamecube version based on what i do know, they typical Zelda gameplay. If i try the Wii version and it's a completely unique and enjoyable experience then i'll buy that too, if it's not then i won't.[/COLOR]

What if the Wii version is pretty much like the GC version except a lot more convenient? Because that's pretty much what's been said of it so far.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Speedfreak: What if the Wii version is pretty much like the GC version except a lot more convenient? Because that's pretty much what's been said of it so far.
What do you mean "convenient"? Its the same game with a different controller. It's just a matter of preference.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]What do you mean "convenient"? Its the same game with a different controller. It's just a matter of preference.

Because it's easier to select items, aim bows and perform spin attacks. If it were exactly the same just with a different controller then what would be the point?

Posted by Apathetic

I could buy the wii version but not have a wii, or buy the gcn and just use the gcn. I think Ill be a potato whore and buy the wii version.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: Because it's easier to select items, aim bows and perform spin attacks. If it were exactly the same just with a different controller then what would be the point?

[COLOR="Yellow"]Because selecting items, aiming bows and performing spin attacks were completely difficult and frustrating before :rolleyes:. I still haven't touched a Wii remote, and i don't know if i'll like better playing Zelda with it. However i do know that i'll like playing Zelda the typical way.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arczu

Come on, it should be like learning how to ride a bike, roller/ice skating. I'm one of those few people who handle the HUEG X-Box orginal controllers when I play it. I've actually used a remote to play games before...

I'm going to the Wii version cause I want to adapt to the controller fast. Gaining dexterity with it using a Zelda game is really good.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Arczu]

Quoted post: You shouldn't have to adapt, it should just come natural. If it takes practice and feels terribly awkward at first then its not a good controller. Like when the N64 came out, it was the first analog stick I ever used but still I instantly picked it up and felt comfortable. When you first pick up an old Xbox controller, you think "this sucks". Because it does.

It may have taken you no time at all, but most people seemed to have to adapt to the analogue stick. Does that mean it was a bad idea, nope. It just means people had to relearn the way they control video games. People have had to relearn things countless times, from farmers with new, high-tech equipment, to everyday people and cars. How that equates to "bad" in your mind, I'm not quite sure.

Hell, the human race was built upon adaption.

Posted by Last Fog

All I'm saying is that is should feel comfortable from the start. Not that you'll have it mastered right away, but just the feeling that its suitible, unlock the obnoxious Xbox controller.

It's going to feel awkward no matter what I think, it's just something you'll have to get used to and probably grow to love. A good controller doesn't have to be great from the start, and unlike the original Xbox controller, people will probably give it less flack because of what it's capable of.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]Because selecting items, aiming bows and performing spin attacks were completely difficult and frustrating before :rolleyes:. I still haven't touched a Wii remote, and i don't know if i'll like better playing Zelda with it. However i do know that i'll like playing Zelda the typical way.[/COLOR]

A lot of people had trouble with instant spin attacks, and aiming bows with an analogue stick always sucked ass, haven't you ever played a Zelda game? You spend half your time in Zelda switching items, so anything that makes it easier is a welcome addition.

Regardless, this is a strawman arguement. I simply said that it plays better on the Wiimote, not that it plays badly on the GC. And if it plays better, why settle?

Posted by Hyper

I never got spin attacks down 100%, actually. :( Hopefully the Wiimote'll make them a bit easier.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

If you wanted to play it with a GCN controller, why would you ever buy the Wii version? You can play it on the Wii and it's cheaper. I don't see the big deal.

Posted by Colonel

I don't care, i'll end up buying the Wii version.