NFL predictions

Posted by Crazy K

Well as the NFL season is upon us, I thought about making a thread for your predictions of who will make it or won't.

Anyways go ahead and predict away. I'll post my predictions later.

Anyways win/loss predictions are fine too.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Well, it probably won't happen, but I predict the Falcons raise
that trophy over their heads this year.

Once again, probably won't happen...*sigh*

Posted by Fate

This is my first football season ever! I'm so excited. I don't even know who to go for.

Posted by Crazy K

I can't really say, but I think the Bronco's are going to get closer to the superbowl. I don't see Steelers getting past the playoffs this year.

Anyways I think Packers will do a little bit better this time around, possibly a 6-10 season.

Anyways I'll post my full predictions of all divisions.

Posted by Axis

I don't think the Broncos will get to the Super Bowl. I think that the Carolina Panthers have the best chance out of anyone.

Posted by Crazy K

I really don't see Broncos going to the Superbowl, just getting close in the playoffs, then loosing to the likes of the Steelers or something.

anyways my division predictions (My win/loss may be a little off, but oh well)

AFC East:
#1. New England Patriots 10-6
#2. Miami Dolphins 9-7
#3. New York Jets 6-10
#4. Buffalo Bills 4-12

AFC North:
#1. Cincinnati Bengals 12-4
#2. Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5
#3. Baltimore Ravens 9-7
#4. Clevland Browns 4-12

AFC South:
#1. Indianapolis Colts 13-3
#2. Jacksonville Jaguars 11-5
#3. Tennessee Titans 7-9
#4. Houston Texans 5-11

AFC West:
#1. Denver Broncos 11-5
#2. Kansas City Cheifs 10-6
#3. San Diego Chargers 9-7
#4. Oakland Raiders 5-11

NFC East:
#1. New York Giants 12-4
#2. Dallas Cowboys 10-6
#3. Philadelphia Eagles 9-7
#4. Washington Redskins 8-8

NFC North:
#1. Minisota Vikings 11-5
#2. Chicago Bears 10-6
#3. Green Bay Packers 7-9
#4. Detroit Lions 6-10

NFC South:
#1. Carolina Pathers 12-4
#2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6
#3. Atlanta Falcons 8-8
#4. New Orleans Saints 6-10

NFC West:
#1. Seattle Seahawks 14-2
#2. Arizona Cardinals 9-7
#3. St. Louis Rams 7-9
#4. San Francisco 49ers 5-11

Thats my prediction of the NFL season.

Posted by InsaneGamer066

Here are my division predictions

AFC East
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC North
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Browns

AFC South
1. Colts
2. Jaguars
3. Titans
4. Texans

AFC West

1. Broncos
2. Cheifs
3. Chargers
4.Raiders

NFC East

1. Redskins
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Cowboys

NFC North
1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Lions

NFC South

1. Panthers
2. Falcons
3. Buccaneers
4. Saints

NFC West

1. Seahawks
2. Cardinals
3. Rams
4. 49ers

Posted by Hyper

I predict that the new Cardinals stadium and players were big wastes of money.

Posted by XeroPercent

Pats over Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Posted by Random

Quoting XeroPercent: Pats over Falcons in the Super Bowl.

FALCONS IN THE SUPER BOWL? LOLOLO yea ok...

Posted by Crazy K

My superbowl Predition:

Carolina Panthers over Cincinnati Bengals.

Posted by Zac

AFC:
E: NE (3)
N: PIT (2)
S: IND (1)
W: SD (4)
WC1: MIA
WC2: JAX

NFC:
E: NYG (3)
N: CHI (4)
S: TB (2)
W: SEA (1)
WC1: CAR
WC2: DAL

AFC: PIT over NE
NFC: SEA over NYG

SB: SEA over PIT

Posted by HfsJunky

All I care about is the Skins, they are really sucking. It's painful watching them play.

Posted by Zac

My predictions are off to a horrible start. What a shock

Posted by Skitzo Control

I watched the Cardinals game on Monday (against the Bears), and was surprised, to say the least at how well Leinart did against one of the best defenses in the league. Hats off to him, even though the Cards still lost.

Posted by Hyper

What a totally embarassing game, I wish I didn't sit through it all because in the end it just wasn't worth it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

It was actually rather entertaining, if you ask me. A 20-point comeback? Note: the Arizona offensive coordinator was fired after that game.:p

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I didn't see this season going this way. They got Kurt Warner as their QB, which has never been a bad thing for other teams. Plus, they spent a pretty penny recruiting Edgerrin James as their runningback, and I think he was best in the NFL last season.

But I suppose a good QB and RB don't make up for an otherwise terrible offensive team.

Warner is clearly done, and it's good that they had him sit out. Matt Leinhart seems promising, but his game isn't developed yet, obviously.

Did anyone see the game where they were leading Chicago by 23-3 with only a few minutes left? I actually left my house at that point and went to go play video games with a friend because I knew that Cardinals were gonna win.

About an hour later, my other friend called and said the Cardinals lost, 24-23. I couldn't believe it. Leinhart threw enough interceptions to still manage to lose, even with the position they had.

Then, they could've won if they would've made a field goal in the last few seconds. But Rackers, their kicker, missed the kick! And that's weird because he had been making his kicks all season. And he missed the one that would've made all the difference.

Then they went up against the Raiders, the worst team in the NFL, statistcally, and lost... 22-9.

I don't get it! I mean, I wanna cheer for the home team, but the Cardinals rarely have a good season. We get pretty good players, every now and then, but it seems like we always spend a bunch of money on a big star like Edgerrin James, when we should be spending money on several decent players, instead of one ridiculously good one.

They go against the packers soon, and I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.

Maybe next season will be better!

My prediction for this season is that the Cardinals aren't gonna win the Superbowl.

Anyone see the press conference after the game, where AZ Cardinals Head Coach Denny Green lost it, and knocked over the mic, then stomped off, super p*ssed? He kept saying "The Bears were exactly what we thought they were, and we let them get away with it!"

I'm still not sure what he meant by that.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I think he meant that the Bears are still an offensively-challenged team, which is true.

Posted by Skitzo Control

And was proved in yesterday's game against Miami. The biggest upset this NFL Season? Oh yeah, I think so!

Posted by Shade

Colts over Giants in the SB.

Posted by Crazy K

I actually think it will be Colts over the Chicago Bears. I really don't see the Giants going anywhere.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Skitzo Control: And was proved in yesterday's game against Miami. The biggest upset this NFL Season? Oh yeah, I think so!

I should say so! That was quite a shocker. How does that happen?

Quoting Crazy K: I actually think it will be Colts over the Chicago Bears. I really don't see the Giants going anywhere.

He just wants to see a Manning VS. Manning game. :)

So do I actually... regardless of what NFC team makes it though, it's Colts FTW.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Crazy K]I actually think it will be Colts over the Chicago Bears. I really don't see the Giants going anywhere.No, the Bears are not a Super Bowl team, offensively. Grossman's thrown 10 interceptions this season, 7 of which in his last three games. They almost lost to Arizona, considered the worst team in the NFL, and lost to Miami (1-6, before the game) by a very wide margin. Sorry, I love my Bears, but I know a Super Bowl team when I see it, and it's not them.

Posted by Shade

I'll tell you who what team it is then, the ****ing Giants. :cool:

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Does anyone think the Cardinals will win another game before the regular season ends? I'm starting to think not.

Posted by Hyper

I'm not thinking so. They're losing the one today, I think. Last I saw it was 3-0 Cowboys.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's a shame because Matt Lienhart is a talented quaterback. They've blown this year, which is lame.

I think I know where they went wrong. They got Edgerrin James. He's the best running back around, but they spent all their money on a hella good runningback, leaving the rest of their offensive line kinda weak. Maybe if they would've settled for a decent running back instead of the best one in the NFL they would've been able to afford some decent offensive linemen so Lienhart wouldn't be almost breaking records for getting sacked.

I doubt James will play here next year. And that's okay with me. But I think that with Lienhart playing here and maybe we can get some guys to stop the blitzing and sacking.

I'm hoping next year will be our year. Lienhart was the best quarterback in college ball. I bet he'll get the swing of things by next season. Then we'll get some decent blockers and maybe a reciever who catches passes and we'll start getting touchdowns.

And maybe within another 3 years we'll get to work on our defense.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Shade32]I'll tell you who what team it is then, the ****ing Giants. :cool:What!? You'd take the Giants over Indianapolis and New England!? I wouldn't even take The Giants over Chicago.

Posted by GameMiestro

I predict that Maryland will lose. Badly.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I predict that LaDainian's entourage... 'scuse me, the San Diego Chargers, will make it to the Super Bowl.

Posted by RebelGamer137

Ravens will win the AFC.

Posted by Skitzo Control

What? Baltimore has a no-name offense (they're like 26th in the NFL!). I'll give it to them, they have the second best defense (next to Chicago) in the League, but I doubt they'll take their entire conference. I see them making it to the playoffs, but to the Bowl? Pshaw, the Bears have a better chance.

Posted by Jarulara

No colts is dan marino's cloned dolphins!......In my opinion I think Manning will never win a ring he is Marino reborn. Great but not great enough. I think this year is Chargers over the Cowboys/Bears.

Posted by Fate

Colts. SuperBowl. NOW. That's what I want to see.

Posted by Crazy K

Man I got most of my predictions wrong. I think Chargers against the Saints would be a generally nice game.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Diego, Chicago, and New Orleans are going to the playoffs, for sure.

Posted by Hyper

go cards!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Skitzo Control

Out of all the teams that have clinched a division title thus far, the only team that I wouldn't like to see go to the Super Bowl (or feel deserves, in comparison to the others) is Baltimore. Sorry, but looking at their games, they just seem like a terrible team who only got in the playoffs because the rest of their division was absolutely terrible.

Then again, the Bears are in what many would consider as the worst division in the NFL.

Posted by CCorces1

i'm not sure who they will beat but chargers all the way!

Posted by Crazy K

I would hope that the Packers get into the playoffs, I could not imagine them doing this good this year, I never thought they would get to 7-8, I hope they win their last game so they can possibly get a spot in the playoffs.

Posted by Skitzo Control

They don't have a chance. The Bears are just too good for that division.

I hope Chicago smashes Green Bay again, before the season is over.:)

Posted by Litbut

My prediction: There will be a Super Bowl commercial starring Chuck Norris and two other people that can't escape him. >_> I just thought I'd share since I saw this thread.

Posted by Shade

GO SAINTS.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Skitzo Control: Out of all the teams that have clinched a division title thus far, the only team that I wouldn't like to see go to the Super Bowl (or feel deserves, in comparison to the others) is Baltimore. Sorry, but looking at their games, they just seem like a terrible team who only got in the playoffs because the rest of their division was absolutely terrible.

The Ravens are going to the playoffs because they have the number 1 defense in the entire NFL. You don't give up just 192 points in 15 games and miss the playoffs, unless you're TRYING to. 12-3 means they're only going to the playoffs because the rest of their division sucks? Put down the crackpipe and then talk to me.

On another note, I'd love to see the Chargers go up against Indy's horrid run defense in the playoffs. Can you say 50 point blowout?

Posted by Kamek

The Jets will win the superbowl mark my words.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I was stoked that the Chiefs made the Wild Card spot for the playoffs.

But they just lost to the Colts in one of the most poorly played football games I've ever watched. Seriously, if you get a chance, look up the stats on the Chiefs-Colts game that went on today. It's incredible how much time the Chief's Defense was on the field. Trent Green had one incredible good drive that got a touchdown and a 2-point conversion, but before and after that, the Chief's offense was clearly not playoff material.

Posted by Crazy K

I honestly wanted Chiefs to beat the Colts but oh well.

As for the Seattle/Dallas game, I wanted to see Dallas win.

I hope Jets beat the patriots just because I can't stand seeing the Patriot's going to another Super bowl.

Posted by Draxamus

EAGLES BABY THIS IS THE YEAR And how fucked will it be for McNabb if it does happen!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Dexter: Eagles are going all the way this time! FLY, EAGLES, FLY!!!

YAY, Draxamus, Eagles are on their way! Nothing's going to stop them. We might as well start the celebration! :cool:

Posted by

Get off of those Eagles we are going all the way this year JG for Superbowl Jeff Garcia, Brian Westbrook, Reggie Brown and Donte Stallworth our offense is pimp nasty with dawk, lito, and trotter on D you better your *** Eagles All the way....WERE ARE ALL MY EAGLES FAN AT??

Posted by Dexter

This isn't looking good. Saints are up by 3 and close to scoring more. Scary, exciting stuff here. I hope The Eagles can pull through. :(

Posted by Proto Man

Well unfortunately (for you Eagles fans anyway), they didn't make it. Very close game! I actually thought they would have done it with that fumble.

Anyhow I see a Bears/Colts game this year, with the Bears possibly winning. It would make for a good game anyway.

I think the Bears will definately win the conference.

Posted by Dexter

I am sad. It's over, Eagles are finished.

Any furry team winning now would be fine with me, like bears or something.

Posted by Roger Smith

WHO DAT? WHO DAT?

Posted by Zac

GO HAWKS

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zac: GO HAWKS

DA BEARZ!

Posted by Roger Smith

STFU BOTH OF YOU.

Posted by Proto Man

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Protodude/blankrly.jpg[/IMG]

ORLY?

And what are your predictions Mr. Smith?

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, now, I couldn't really care less who wins. The Saints have done something that's never been done in Saints history, so that's pretty much awsome. But it would be great if they went on to the Superbowl and won.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'm going to make a rather longshot of a prediction.

I predict that the Arizona Cardinals will play in the Superbowl next season, and if they do, they'll probably win because Phoenix is hosting the game next year, giving the Cards home field advantage in the Superbowl.

Honestly, I do think the Cards have a shot next year. Lienhart has finally got his game figured out. Plus, they booted Denny Green, who seemed to make bad calls quite often. As well, if they hang onto RB Edgerrin James, they have the makings of a solid offense. James wasn't too effective this year because they failed to give him openings, and they'd have him run when they should've been passing.

Honestly, I don't care who wins the Superbowl this year, since there only a couple of teams that I like, and only one of them made the playoffs (KC Chiefs). And the Chiefs are already out.

Posted by Hyper

They fired Green? Good. I still don't see the Cards ever being good, though :(

Posted by Crazy K

I honestly hope the Patriots don't make it to the superbowl again. I can't stand the patrtiots. I was looking forward to seeing Chargers against the Saints, but I hope colts dominate the Patriots. I don't care all that much who wins the NFC championship.

Posted by veritas

I think the Saints will be in the superbowl due to Grossman's total unpredictability. Kinda sad they couldnt even get a field goal on their last drive starting from the 50. So im predicting Saints vs. Patriots. Colts' D looked good but in actuallity, the Ravens offense sucks. So the Pats will win. For the Superbowl its a toss up. Im goin with the underdogs, Saints win the superbowl 27-24.(I always hated the Pats winning with a last second field goal, now they can feel the pain.)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Seed 1 (Chicago) is playing Seed 2 (New Orleans), and Seed 3 (Indianapolis) is playing Seed 4 (New England). How great is that?

For those that want The Colts to win, sorry, but it more than likely won't happen. If you look at The Colts' track record against the Patriots in the playoffs, you'll realize that, time and time again, Manning just can't put up the right amount of numbers. The Patriots have beaten The Colts in the Division Championship games twice, 24-14 and 20-3.
---
The Bears/Saints game is so very intriguing, to me. The way I see it, Grossman doesn't have to play well in order for Chicago to win, simply because their running game is so good. Basically, Chicago doesn't have to play well to win, the Saints do. The Bears have gotten by this season playing half-assed in so many of their games; they're just that good. The Saints have to kick it up to make it, whereas The Bears just have to keep on doing what they've been doing all season.

Posted by veritas

who do u think will win the super bowl

Posted by Skitzo Control

I think it's going to be Chicago and New England in the Bowl, and The Patriots will (once again) win by a single field goal. Chicago will be put into a 2-minute drill situation, and Rex Grossman, being the rookie he is, just won't be able to get them in Field Goal range.

Posted by

That is Crap!!! Punting on 4th and 15? when we just converted on a 4th and 10? Knowing we arent getting the ball back because Duce has been running up our *** all night!! that was our game! this sucks! GO EAGLES!!!

Posted by veritas

Yea Andy Reid has to grow some balls and go for it.

Posted by

All I Heard All Last Week Was About The Saints and Hurricane Katrina and the job they are doing to restore destroyed new orleans. ummmm dont think so yea.........A winning football team is not a fix or solution for a city that is still in the throws of disaster. It would be fine if we were lauding the triumphs of the Saints exclusively - a team turning from 3-13 to 10-6 in one year, a franchise 1-5 in playoff games prior to this season and a rookie coach who is on his way to being one of the best in the league. Those are facts to rally around. But to root for the Saints because somehow that is going to help New Orleans get back on its feet is very misguided. Yes, the stadium and its football team contribute to an economy that lacks a long list of prosperous parties, but if one can rebuild the Dome then why can't moldy houses be torn down?

I don't think those most affected by Katrina were in the Dome on Saturday night. They are likely not even in the state. For a city whose African-American population is 67.25%, according to the 2000 U.S. Census, that stadium was looking awfully caucasian to me!

ANYWAYS NOW THAT MY EAGLES ARE GONE :( I HOPE THE COLTS WIN IT ALL!!!!

Posted by veritas

They have 2 obstacles for saturday. If Peyton can get past his nightmares of the Pats OWNING them in the playoffs, then I think they can win. It's all on his shoulders. He gets all the attention for the win, and all the blame for the losses.(In the playoffs.) The Colts D really needs to step up to Dillion and Maroney this weekend. If they can shut them down then it is almost a guarenteed victory. *** speed Peyton.

Posted by

yea its all in peytons hands if they win or lose and i didnt grow up hyper im just very passionate about my football! Bwhahaahahahaaaahahaha

Posted by Skitzo Control

Peyton Manning wins games. Tom Brady wins championships.

Posted by Moogs

I am disappointed. After seeing my team(Eagles) be defeated by The Saints, I had high hopes for the Saints and the Colts, but looks like Pats have a chance to take it home again.... GO BEARS!! No, I don't like the Bears, however I DO NOT want the Pats to win

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Moogs: No, I don't like the Bears, however I DO NOT want the Pats to win

Your wish is granted because THE COLTS WON WITH THE GREATEST COMEBACK EVER (18 Points)

YEA BABY. COLTS PWNED THOSE BASTARDS

Posted by

Eagles Are Winning It Next Season Though!

Posted by veritas

No I think if the Colts do win the superbowl, it will be the beginning of a dynasty. If they can win a championship with the D they have, they can win the next one as well. All the Colts have to do is draft so good defensive lineman and linebackers. All of their draft picks should go towards their D. Their offense is perfect how it is now.

Posted by

NO NO NO 1 TIME FOR THE COLTS THEY GO TO THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR AND GET KNOCKED OFF BY THE EAGLES!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Posted by veritas

[QUOTE=

Posted by

Hell Yea Eagles All The Way Next Year

Posted by

REX GROSSMAN SUPER HOT GARBAGE......07 08 09 ECT ECT ECT EAGLES NEW DYNASTY GET BACK!!!

Posted by WackoHater2

Colts are gonna win the Super Bowl.