Peter Jackson

Posted by Bebop

Overrated or genius?

Discuss.

Posted by Ant

Just another director in my eyes.

Although I heard he was supposed to be doing something with the Evangelion movie if that ever actually comes into works.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Overrated. It seems that people think he can make any movie good, no matter the subject. If that's not overrated, I don't know what is. Though I did like the LotR series. King Kong... not so much.

Posted by Echo

Lord of the Rings and King Kong were both excellent. I dunno if he's a "genius", but he's a very, very good director.

Posted by XeroPercent

He's made some great films from old books and movies, but 'genius' is a bit much. You can't go that far until he makes an outstanding, original movie.

Posted by Crazy K

I think he is quite overrated. I liked the LotR series quite a bit, and did enjoy King Kong, but I would not consider him to be anywhere genius or whatever. He is a great director though.

Posted by maian

Hard to say.

Well, I'm not implying he's a genius, but, you know.

The LOTR series was amazing. I am convinced that not other director could've made it that well. (Well, could've, yes. Would've, no.) It was simply amazing. The movies were masterpieces.

King Kong, however, left some to be desired. It was often slow, it was long, and well, it just didn't impress very much.

...Aren't all his previous movies to LOTR crappy slasher films anyway? =/

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Overrated. It seems that people think he can make any movie good, no matter the subject. If that's not overrated, I don't know what is. Though I did like the LotR series. King Kong... not so much.

Agreed, that sums up most of my thoughts on him.