Help! nintendo game burned on tv

Posted by tommyc

I just bought a new rear projection RCA television. After playing Dr. Mario for about two weeks, I noticed that the Mario's display is lightly in the back ground at all times. Can this damage be repaired? Holy **** Is it possible that a $5.00 game is going to cost me hundreds? HELP!

Posted by muffla

is it olny during that game or all the time

if its all the time your gonna have to buy a new tv if you leave an image on any (i think any not shure about lcd or plasma) screen then the immage will be "burned" in there lightly forever that is why computers have screensavers that move

Posted by tommyc

It is there all the time. I have adjusted the color to make it more difficult to see, but it is there.

Posted by neofreak91

sorry your tv dead your gonna have to buy a new tv
you get
http://search.ebay.com/sony-PVM_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsotrZ2

Posted by tommyc

fortunately, I might have enough game crap to replace tv. If the collection of games I have won't replace the tv, I will be forced to sell the rare nes cartridge I picked up at goodwill(1990 world championship cartridge "grey").

life can actually bring about some major scarifices!!! OUCH!

Posted by NES Queen

that's why it says in the warnings/instruction manuals and whatnot to NOT use a projection tv with the system. reading the manuals is a good idea sometimes....

Posted by Tyler Durden

I had this happen to me a while back. I was playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I got the final K.O. But, then when I went to turn off the game console and television set. I noticed that Mikey and Mac were bothed burned within the screen. Mac forever letting Mike taste his green mits. I didn't care really, it was my cousin's tv. She was going to eventually trash it after the divorce.

Posted by Raptor

...Yeah, it boggles my mind that people can go out and purchase such expensive equipment then screw it up in two weeks because they didn't bother to read any documentation. Rear projection televisions and video games don't mix.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Raptor: ...Yeah, it boggles my mind that people can go out and purchase such expensive equipment then screw it up in two weeks because they didn't bother to read any documentation. Rear projection televisions and video games don't mix.

kids rarely do ever check the manuals, all they wanna do is play the games.. which imho is the worst thing to do.. check the manuals kids, research the possible damaging effects

Posted by Apathetic

Good to know from others mistakes. Good luck find a new tv yo!

Posted by Proto Man

Yeah tommy, hate to say it but you do need a new TV. Plus, like the great people before me said, videogames and rear projections don't mix.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

holy crap sadistic grin still posts here?!

Posted by MarioStar

lol Im scared to play Dr. Mario now.

Posted by Omni

Do you have a rear projection TV or something, MarioStar?

Posted by veritas

Dam that happened to my friend. Ironically it was the same game too haha

Posted by Proto Man

Hmm, Dr. Mario is bad medicine for rear projections then. lol

Posted by veritas

Quoting Proto Man: Hmm, Dr. Mario is bad medicine for rear projections then. lol

That it is