it's that time again

Posted by Breakman

yep, it's that yearly or so visit breakman makes to WoN before his oh so namesake "breaks"

you may remember me from such favorites as "i joined when WoN had just gone from text boards to actual real forums for the first time (est. very early 2001)" and "i used to moderate the megaman and RPG boards [though RPG i think only happened at VGS, which actually split from here very long ago]" and of course who can forget how i played a regular role in "norking up the joint in zero omega's delicious old homestyle kool-aid bar and grilles before the two went on to tag-team own everyone in sim battles"

anyway, I usually stop by VGS every once in a great awhile, but to be honest, I'm pining for a good forum to hang around as of late, and VGC is much less dead, so i think i'll crash here awhile. if you guys are REALLY lucky, i'll stay longer than a week, unlike usual. if anyone here actually remembers me, you get a free 'you are really cool, man' sticker. :amy:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: anyway, I usually stop by VGS every once in a great awhile, but to be honest, I'm pining for a good forum to hang around as of late, and VGC is much less dead, so i think i'll crash here awhile.

if by less dead you mean actually not dead, then you'd be right.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Vampiro: if by less dead you mean actually not dead, then you'd be right.

just found that out.

wow lol, i thought it'd never go down; it's been only barely active for the past 3 or 4 years

and this place even seems less active... where's everyone gone?

Posted by Klarth

Well, we're not high on Google anymore. There was a massive influx of activity when a few thousand Kingdom Hearts fans came along (a thread in the rpg board was number one on google for a search something like "secret underwater mickey love ending"), but all that's left are a few idiots. :/ Regulars are leaving here and there, too, which is sad.

Posted by Dexter

What regulars have left recently? I know many have been absent or posting less, but they seem to still visit occasionally. Sabredog's the only member I can think of who's left.

Posted by The Judge

And DA is a thriving mass of depravity.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]Sabredog's the only member I can think of who's left.
netman and Altinure

Posted by Dexter

Altinure didn't really leave, did he? I thought he just said that he wasn't around enough to be a decent super mod. I think he still visits occasionally.

Posted by cas

sup dude. cas has come to VGC too. Again.

Remember me? :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting cas: sup dude. cas has come to VGC too. Again.

Now, how about you get every one else from GamerBoards, er DeadBoards over here!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Breakman

Quoting cas: sup dude. cas has come to VGC too. Again.

Remember me? :D

yeah, the dragon quest freak, i'm finally getting into it myself (finishing the first three again for the first time in awhile on GBC, playing the rest elsewise, just got DQ8)

and jesse has an excellent point, i'm not really seeing any other VGSers around... and sadly it seems Zero never DID come back... ah, well. looks like this is the only place for us old guys to go as far as good ol' won anymore.

Posted by G-Sides

WHERE IS JEAN-LUC

Posted by cas

at ngsam. because he is too ****ed poor to pay for his own place (*********).

he is known as ian. Killer of threads.

DQ8 was love. Endboss was a letdown, music could have had more tracks/variation, but it was still steps in the right direction. Animated. <3 No FMV <3 <3 <3

I enjoyed 98% of the voice acting. Long game though imo. 170 hours logged however i spent many a late nights in front of the tv and fell asleep a few times. And i liked walking about "exploring".

Posted by Jesse Smith

Any one know where The Duckfather is??!! :D

Quoting cas: at ngsam.

*Registers [url=http://www.ngsam.com/forum/]there[/url].* Now, who should I annoy there??!!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I haven't spoken to David in a while. He was always a bit curt with me because I was a twat.

Also, I need to get over to ngsam for the hilarity.

Posted by Breakman

from what I've been seeing around VGC here it looks like a lot of you guys have become 4channers; it's funny, at least a fraction of people from almost every community I've been a part of in the last 5 years online has done that. even though I like to believe i'm a tiny bit too morallic to be a part of places like /b/ it keeps trying to pull me back.

ngasm looks like a mimic of Hell (the forum) but still looks pretty fun. i may check it out.

ngsam is basically GN but with rules. It's odd.

4chan rules VGC now, and it sucks. We don't have our own ****, just theirs, recycled.

It's mainly just DA

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Wings: ngsam is basically GN but with rules. It's odd.

4chan rules VGC now, and it sucks. We don't have our own ****, just theirs, recycled.

Which sucks, because way before I ever knew about 4chan or anything it was WoN / VGS and even to a point VGC (while all the "cool guys" were at VGS) that was brimming with hilarious crap and witty individuals. Now it seems like EVERY place on the internet is just 4chan Junior or some kind of derivative/barnacle suckinig on the side of the conglomerate ship that is 4chan, YTMND, SA, fark, Hell/Der Dragon Warrior, etc.

goodness knows, I might actually peruse the actual long-standing 'video game discussion' tradition here, more than nork around with the users on the community boards. but *shrug*.

Yeah. To a certain extent, though, all the good stuff that was here was offshoots of what HerV produced, if only because the controlling clique were JLC and his band of merry men.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Breakman: it looks like a lot of you guys have become 4channers

Have you seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55]this blog??!!![/url] They all live down there!!! :D:D:D

Quoting Breakman: ngasm looks like a mimic of Hell (the forum) but still looks pretty fun. i may check it out.

It'll be hard to have fun there. The place is dead!!! *snif*

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Wings]
Hang on, didn't you say otherwise when I was talking to you earlier? [noparse]:p[/noparse]

I said we had Rideman, and that's it. Big yay!

Also, oh noes gn is dieing wtf etc.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Now, now, VGC isn't entirely recycled 4chan crap. There is still some wit in certain members. I can't say I'm one of them, because I have way too much spare time and it can't be spend on VGC. I have to read the same book over and over again and come up with an idiotic and very off-the-subject analysis.:)

Posted by Fate

[url]www.ngsam.com[/url] - We treat objects like women.

All your friends are there.
:(

I've been wanting to register there since I haven't talked to anyone from the old VGS boards in almost two years, but I never do :(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Dexter: What regulars have left recently? I know many have been absent or posting less, but they seem to still visit occasionally. Sabredog's the only member I can think of who's left.

What the.. Sabre left? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!?

Posted by Klarth

Uh, a month ago? More?

Hey, did you hear, we got new supermods!

Posted by Klarth

Secret ending: Fun dies.

Posted by The Judge

Looks like we must've played the game right then.

Posted by Draxamus

NGSAM is an aim chat room consisting of such WoNers as myself, Squall (Kahran), and Jim Rome! NGSAM the site is owned by Squall, and mostly maintained by Joe$ (some douche). The main site is pretty worthless right now, cause we're all very lazy. The message board brought in the GN crowd after GN died or some shit. I don't check it very often myself!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Breakman: from what I've been seeing around VGC here it looks like a lot of you guys have become 4channers; it's funny, at least a fraction of people from almost every community I've been a part of in the last 5 years online has done that. even though I like to believe i'm a tiny bit too morallic to be a part of places like /b/ it keeps trying to pull me back.

It's like a plague you have to try your damnedest to ignore; at least, I do.