FFX2

Posted by Viccica

Yeah. ****ty game, but I have to say I like the music. It's more towards the pop side than usual, but I actually kinda like it. ****ty game, good music.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Perhaps the same could be said of all final fantasy games.

Posted by Klarth

FFVI had the best score of any FF game. Most of Uematsu's stuff from VII onwards is pretty crap.

Except VIII, which has some really nice tunes.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Klarth: FFVI had the best score of any FF game. Most of Uematsu's stuff from VII onwards is pretty crap.

Except VIII, which has some really nice tunes.

Aeris' Theme crap? To Zanarkand crap? Well you exempted FF8, which did have some great tunes like Fisherman's Horizon I think and Eyes on Me.

I have almost 50-55 albums worth of Uematsu material, all the Piano Collections and the Orchestrals. A lot of the sup par sounding songs in the games really come to life when re done. I was disappointed that he contributed so little to FF12. The man is a musical mastermind.

And FF6's score was amazing. Hearing the Piano Arrangement of Kefka's Theme still gives me chills sometimes.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Kamek]Aeris' Theme crap?
Yup.
[quote]To Zanarkand crap?
Mmhm.

Mitsuda > Uematsu

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm not much for video game music (excluding the Silent Hill series), and I don't like the FF games after 8, so I can't really say too much for FFX2. I remember the music in X was pretty crummy, but I can't quite remember FFX2 (probably because I didn't play it long enough to pay attention).

Quoting Klarth:
Mitsuda > Uematsu

So apparently listening to music is a competition of who's greater or less than X? Maybe if you're a child.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]So apparently listening to music is a competition of who's greater or less than X? Maybe if you're a child.
> is an internet colloquialism that has in recent years been used to signify preference (and in severe cases actual difference in quality) amongst two or more values facing comparison. :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: > is an internet colloquialism that has in recent years been used to signify preference (and in severe cases actual difference in quality) amongst two or more values facing comparison. :)

You're good at missing points. What I was saying was how can you compare completely unrelated composers who have completely different scores? THAT is what I was poking fun at. Things have to be related for your statement to be logical, so please explain this in a non-idiotic fashion.

Posted by Klarth

They're related in that Mitsuda and Uematsu both compose music for Squaresoft games, and if you can say that their compositions are not similar at all then you don't deserve to compare anything against anything else.

As a justification, I've always found Mitsuda's scores to be a LOT more memorable than Uematsu's.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: They're related in that Mitsuda and Uematsu both compose music for Squaresoft games, and if you can say that their compositions are not similar at all then you don't deserve to compare anything against anything else.

As a justification, I've always found Mitsuda's scores to be a LOT more memorable than Uematsu's.

Cool, then I suppose I can compare bands under the same record label who aren't the same and have different ways of going about things? And yeah, I'm saying their compositions aren't similar, otherwise only the original composer would be in business. Honestly, I think you're just pulling the "I must announce Xenogears is better than the Final Fantasy series in every board" bullshit. To give you an idea of how annoying that is, it'd be like me going around in every thread of this board and stating that unrelated X band is so much better than the band the topic is actually talking about. It's silly and yeah, really annoying. That's why I'm calling you out on this. I'm not a fanboy or anything, which should be obvious - just ignore my username, you're just coming off as a child and yeah, I'm calling you out on that so hopefully you'll stop.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

DARKTHRONE PLAYS BETTER BLACK METAL THAN MITSUDA

THEREFORE, MITSUDA SUCKS

Posted by Xenos

I actually hated the Zanarkand theme; I loved Suteki Da Ne, though. Especially the mix you hear at the villages. Gives a nice ease ... As for FFVII, there were some alright ones in there. I don't realy like the Aeris theme - but the World theme version of it was kickass. Very nice there. As for FFX2 ... eh.

Posted by Arcadios

I enjoyed many of the tunes from Final Fantasy X.
Especially A Fleeting Dream, A Decisive Battle(regular and Piano Version), Via Purifico and Tidus' Theme (also regular and Piano).