Back to school

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, its getting around that time. It sucks too. But its inevidable. Anyway, has anyone been shopping for school supplies or clothes? I got a ton of clothes, and my bookbag is from Hot Topic, heres a picture.

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/DropDemDrawz/Other/600439_hi.jpg[/IMG]

Anyway, I am kinda excited to go back to school. I have been bored sitting home all summer, and I miss my friends quite a bit. What are everyone elses feelings on going back to school?

Posted by Phantasma2

Well, I already started school... and to say the truth I'm quite happy.
I get to see my idiotic friends and the new girls.

and about girls, I'M ALREADY GETTING INTO A GANGFIGHT BECAUSE OF SOME GIRL.

Posted by WackoHater2

That sucks. But yeah, its cool to see your idiotic friends. I miss mine. Lol.

Posted by Arcadios

Well I got new shoes but I need new clothing.
I never use a backpack so forget that and all I need to do is finish changing schools. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Why do you gotta change schools?

Posted by NeXidala

Going back to school Wednesday. On Monday I'm going to get all my supplies and my schedule. I can't wait! I'm going to a new school so I don't know anyone so I can't wait to make new friends and meet boys. :D

Posted by Arcadios

Well I moved during the last few weeks of the past school year and it caused some problems but I got permission to finish off the year there.
Now I have to change schools since I live in a different town.

Posted by WackoHater2

My shoes:

Posted by Arcadios

My shoes:
[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Mr_Nintendo74/prodimg-97583-f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/Mr_Nintendo74/shoes_ia84366.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by WackoHater2

Pimpin.

Posted by Klarth

Brief description of my shoes: Black, shiny, generic and pretentious. Considering they're a part of our entirely monochrome uniform, I wear them daily.

I don't return until the first wednesday of September.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thats when I go back.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahaha school. Sucks to you, ****ers!

Though if I was going back to school, image grey slacks, black dress shoes, black socks, undershirt, button-up shirt, blue vest. Or regular clothes if I was going to university. Which I'm not!

Posted by Ant

Heartagram shoes? Man, doesn't get much gayer then that.

Posted by Klarth

Pah, I don't get it. Why is it that we're the ones who:

- Start school at 8:30 AM
- Finish every day at 6 PM
- Have school on Saturdays
- Break up for the summer on the 8th of July and
- Return at the beginning of September

Yet it's all the American schools who break up every day before 4, get out for the summer in May and usually return in September?

EXPLAIN. IT'S HORRIFYING AND UNFAIR.

Quoted post: EXPLAIN. IT'S HORRIFYING AND UNFAIR.

EXPLAIN WHY AMERICAN STUDENTS TEND TO BE THE MOST MORONIC IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

oh wai- you just did lol

Posted by Dexter

I'll be taking a fall term that starts at the end of September. This term will be quite simple, though, because I'll only be taking one class. I've never had an easier school term. It's the last class I need to obtain my Associate of Arts degree. It'll be a relief to have it done with. It will cut down on my work hours, but I suppose I don't need much money to survive these days.

I'm fairly indifferent towards returning to school after the summer break. I wasn't planning on returning until about a week ago. I was planning my life differently altogether, but things didn't work out the way I wanted them to.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Klarth's school is long compared to the rest of the UK. My high school started lessons at 9:30 and ended at 3:35, no school Saturday or Sunday, and it was one of the top 200 in the country.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Vampiro: EXPLAIN WHY AMERICAN STUDENTS TEND TO BE THE MOST MORONIC IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

oh wai- you just did lol

HEY! Youre talking to the cream of the crop here you piece of crap :mad:

Posted by Axis

I have to start school this Thursday. I'm actually kind of excited, I'm in a class with at least one or two friends for the whole day.

As for my school, we start at 8 and get out at 2:30. This year I have 3 AP classes, though. :/

Posted by cool gamer dad

I go back tomorrow, and I still have an AP assignment to finish. :(

It's a history class. It may be a lot of work, but the material isn't hard to understand, so easy A if I do what the teacher says. I'll tough it out this year, then take easy classes my last year.

Posted by jefferey shalome

i always thought it was weird that hot topic carried nerd stuff. I'm not shure why either. I wish they had one at the outlet mall outside of town where i live, but i don't think the rednecks would buy into that stuff. I myself, to prevent having to carry a load of stuff on my back, use luggage cases for backpacks. LUGGAGE! that is just how much crap i have to take with me. i might have a backpack that could work, but i dont know. Also, new kids copming this year, hopefully some of which will be girls. Fingers crossed.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: EXPLAIN WHY AMERICAN STUDENTS TEND TO BE THE MOST MORONIC IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

oh wai- you just did lol

I'm not moronic. :( I happen to be taking Algebra and Robotics which normal students don't have to take for another three years.
Anyways for clothes I'm wearing a Hollister polo, with Aeropostal pants. :D

Hot Topic doesn't stock nerd stuff. Hot Topic stocks generic stuff that the masses deem to be cool.

Posted by NeXidala

I don't like going into Hot Topic....There's always gothic people staring at me from the inside...:(

Posted by Axis

Quoting Stinger: I go back tomorrow, and I still have an AP assignment to finish. :(

It's a history class. It may be a lot of work, but the material isn't hard to understand, so easy A if I do what the teacher says. I'll tough it out this year, then take easy classes my last year.

Is it AP United States History? If so, that class was a *****.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=NeXidala]
I don't like going into Hot Topic....There's always gothic people staring at me from the inside...
More like STARING AT YOU INTO YOUR INSIDES

Quoting Wings: Hot Topic doesn't stock nerd stuff. Hot Topic stocks generic stuff that the masses deem to be cool.

good one.
Emo kid 1: "If you wanna be an emo kid, you have to be a non conformist."
Emo wannabe: "Like all of the other emo kids?"
Emo Kid1: "Exactly!"
They gots some weird stuff in there, though. Its like american eagle's evil twin. Either way, you pay too much for the fallout boy t-shirt in hot topic, and too much for a pair of jeans in the american eagle.

As for clothes, we have a strict dress-code. Collared shirt, belt, stuff like that. In grades kindergarden through 5th, you have to wear school unifroms. The student handbook actually states that boys must be cleanly shaven. I am only 13, and that rule already applies to me. Must be putting something in the potatoes. I eats me a lot of potatoes.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Klarth: Pah, I don't get it. Why is it that we're the ones who:

Yet it's all the American schools who break up every day before 4, get out for the summer in May and usually return in September?

Whoa. My school is 8:35 to 2:25. You poor guy.

Edit: Which also means I'm in the lead for shortest school day like ever!

Anyways, I'm not excited about school, since it's boring and I never try, yet still get A averages!

Posted by Apathetic

I start the 22nd. 8:15 to 3. Freshmen dont get AP class's and dont have to take a science. Im taking 7 class's, and yeah Im taking science. Looks like another busy year, better be fun though.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm going into my Senior year. I gotta take two extra classes due to my failing ninth grade. Its alright though, atleast I'll be done after this.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Axis: Is it AP United States History? If so, that class was a *****.

Yes it is! I'll do all of the work perfectly for a few weeks, then slowly start slipping-in mistakes to see how he grades things, and see how much I can slack.

Posted by Dexter

I've found plenty of agreeable merchandise at Hot Topic. I've found some Happy Tree Friends items and they had a decent Flogging Molly shirt there, too. It's been awhile since I was last there. I should check it out this week.

Posted by Apathetic

Found a cool clash shirt there, but thats about it.

Posted by The underground

yea i start med school this year. Thank the NAVY.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Stinger: Yes it is! I'll do all of the work perfectly for a few weeks, then slowly start slipping-in mistakes to see how he grades things, and see how much I can slack.

Exactly how I was. Anyways, good on the AP test when it rolls around. I got a perfect 5. So now I can skip it in college.

Posted by Dexter

I usually do really well until the last two weeks of the term, then I start thinking that my grades are so good that I can afford to slack off a bunch.

Posted by mis0

Highschoolers went back to school on the 10th, but my university doesn't start until the 28th. :cool:

Posted by Pit

coleg 2n fyrear gots myu bokes s o i, prety set

Posted by Crazy K

School starts for me at the beginning of September, possibly the 7th. Part of me can't wait, but I still don't want to go back.

Posted by NeXidala

I start school tommorow! On Wednesday. I can't wait! I already have my outfit ready and I'm all set. I'm going to a new school so I'm probably going to be late to all my classes considering it's a pretty huge school. Can't wait. :D

Posted by WackoHater2

Sounds cool. Have fun.

Posted by Ch

I go back to school on the 6th of September. I never do any special shopping either.

This is very close to the only backpack I've been using for five years

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/User245/7010.jpg[/IMG]
Just a darker green with out the pot leaf of course.

Posted by Echo

Heh, moving in to my freshman college dorm on Saturday. Can't wait to get there, and I don't think my classes will be that hard.

The high school I went to started a week ago, though, and we were at school from 8 to 3.

Posted by WackoHater2

I got my new shoes today. It makes it seem like school is getting closer. Its kinda exciting. I look forward to the Summer, but it gets boring. I should be getting my bookbag and pants in a week or so.

Posted by Axis

Meh, got my schedule:

English 11/World Literature
AP Computer Science A
AP World History
AP Microeconomics and AP Macroeconomics
Advanced Algebra II
Pre-AP Chemistry

Bye bye social life!

Posted by WackoHater2

I dont understand how people can be that smart.. or willing to work. I take the easiest classes I can get.

Quoted post: I dont understand how people can be that smart.. or willing to work. I take the easiest classes I can get.

And you'll probably end up with nothing and be a nobody with not even a penny to his name. Funny how that works, eh?

Posted by WackoHater2

I've got plans. I am going to college to be a federal prison guard. Its not like I dont care, its just I am incapable of remembering all of that useless information.

I actually know what you mean. A lot of the time I feel like I forget things quickly simply because my head's already filled up with other stuff (like how to unlock the level select in some Genesis game I never had. what the hell?).

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Panic: I dont understand how people can be that smart.. or willing to work. I take the easiest classes I can get.

HA, I am going to take:
Algebra
Robotics
Advanced Social Studies
Advanced Language Arts
Advanced Science
French I
And normal people in my grade aren't supposed to take those classes for another 2 or 3 years, means I'm working 2 years above grade level!

Posted by WackoHater2

I havent gotten my schedule yet, but my hardest class is most likely English 4.

Posted by NeXidala

Yeah, but you are like 5 or 4 years older than me....

My hardest class is likely to be Game Development next year. ******* Actionscript.

Posted by WackoHater2

I get to choose all of my classes. Well, kinda. I need to take english, science, math, history, and gym no matter what. But I can choose the dificulty of them classes. This year I think I have English 4, Scientific Enquiry, Math Concepts 2, and US History 2.

Posted by Red

Panic I hate you for making this thread I don't like to be reminded of going back to school...thanks !!!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Panic: I dont understand how people can be that smart.. or willing to work. I take the easiest classes I can get.

People are willing to work because they're capable with what they're given. They're capable with what they're given because they're intelligent. They're intelligent because they don't constantly rot their brain with stupid pop-media **** and actually put effort into their lives.

[quote=NeXidala]Yeah, but you are like 5 or 4 years older than me....
In that case you're far, far ahead of what people your age tend to be capable of, and you should take pride in that. Panic, on the other hand, seems to be far below the standard he should be living up to.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: In that case you're far, far ahead of what people your age tend to be capable of, and you should take pride in that. Panic, on the other hand, seems to be far below the standard he should be living up to.

I do. I take a lot of pride in it. I'm in 7th grade doing high school credit work. Just some info about my academics. I maintained straight A's from 3rd grade to 6th grade. (never got anything lower than an A) In 6th grade I maintained a 4.0 gpa even though I was working 2 grades above grade level. And even then, the work still wasn't challenging.
Do you guys take test similar to the FCAT? It's these tests where they prepare you for it the entire year and they make a huge deal out of it. (similar to the SATs) I got perfect scores on math and reading.
And even though I'm really smart, I still get in trouble a lot, and love to flirt with guys. Guess I'm pretty balanced. ^_^

Posted by Klarth

I just took my GCSEs this year, which are pretty much the British equivalent - The entirity of our second year and the first two terms of our third year consisted of coursework, and then we had 30+ exams in May-June. It was a lot of work, but I'm pretty sure it'll pay off in the end.

I'm not really a proud student... I get straight D's during term and 80-90% in exams - The best part of this is that I occasionally get formally accused of cheating. Last year I got 92% on my Latin exam, and a friend got 91% - Neither of us did ANY work during term; we just sat and pissed around on our laptops at the back of the class every single period. Hell, we didn't even study for the thing. We came top of the class by a pretty huge margin, which was fun. (jar, get in here and testify)

I don't really see the point of working outside of a classroom unless it's coursework and thus important.

Quoted post: I'm in 7th grade doing high school credit work.

You're in grade seven? Huh, never would have guessed that...

Posted by Klarth

Huh, wow. That'd mean she'd be in her final year of secondary school if she was in Britain. I'm genuinely surprised and pleased.

I'm in the equivalent of... *counts* eleventh grade. I should be in tenth, but *ten-year flashback* I was moved up into first grade after a week of kindergarten as I was the only kid in my class who could read. Even after I moved into first grade most of the kids in my class were still pretty much illiterate, though :(

Posted by maian

Quoting NeXidala: I do. I take a lot of pride in it. I'm in 7th grade doing high school credit work. Just some info about my academics. I maintained straight A's from 3rd grade to 6th grade. (never got anything lower than an A) In 6th grade I maintained a 4.0 gpa even though I was working 2 grades above grade level. And even then, the work still wasn't challenging.
Do you guys take test similar to the FCAT? It's these tests where they prepare you for it the entire year and they make a huge deal out of it. (similar to the SATs) I got perfect scores on math and reading.
And even though I'm really smart, I still get in trouble a lot, and love to flirt with guys. Guess I'm pretty balanced. ^_^

Elementary was extremely easy. Sorry. :( Anyone who halfway tries could make straight A's through Elementary. that's how it was for me, anyway...

But no, I see where you're coming from. And those were pretty good classes for a 7th grader. I took French 1 (Too bad middle school makes you take it for two years) and some "advanced" classes as well.

This year however, I'm a sophomore, and just went back today. I'm extremely smart, just a little lazy. =/ A lot of times, I pull Bs and Cs for work I could easily get done. I do the work brilliantly. It's just the homework that I get too lazy to do and end up getting lower grades. But the truth is, I never even have to study to get straight A's on all my tests and homework. =/ It's just....doing the homework. :( That's going to change this year, however.

My schedule is decent.

Honors English 2
French 3
Geometry
Biology
Info Processing 1 (Fscking required computer class. HOW 2 USE MICROSOFT OFFICE LOL)
Theatre 3
US. History.

It's okay.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I'd be more excited about going back to school if I KNEW where I was going back to school.(Edmonton/Radium)

Posted by WackoHater2

Why dont you know?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Elementary School was harder for me. :confused:

I'm taking...

Sci-Fi Lit
3-D Art
Spanish III
Physics
Pre-cal
AP US History

Posted by WackoHater2

I hate learning foreign languages. I took Conversational Spanish 1 this past year, and it was easy, but it was boring.

Posted by Apathetic

I got my planner today.

Posted by mis0

I'm taking English 101, Psyc 105, IT 101 (a real gimme class :cool:) and Geog 101. As you can see, I'm overwhelmed with joy.

I am glad i got switched to latin. Another year with our psycho spanish teacher and i would have exploded from the insanity. Our latin teacher has in fact actually been mistaken for one of the students. He's short and looks like he just got out of high school about 2 years ago.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Panic: Why dont you know?

I'm living in both Edmonton and Radium at the moment. If my parents condo's in Radium sell then I'll be going to school in Edmonton, if not then in Invermere. Which is where everyone in the East Kootneys go to school(secondary school) basically.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting maian: Elementary was extremely easy. Sorry. :( Anyone who halfway tries could make straight A's through Elementary. that's how it was for me, anyway...

My point exactly. I was in gifted since 2nd grade, and even then I could breeze through all the classes. Like, when we had tests that had a 2 hour limit, I could usually finish it in 15 minutes. Even today it's still like that.

Quoting maian: But no, I see where you're coming from. And those were pretty good classes for a 7th grader. I took French 1 (Too bad middle school makes you take it for two years) and some "advanced" classes as well.

Yeah, I'll have to see how I do in those classes since they might be different since I'm in a different school now. What math classes did you take in middle, maian?

Posted by WackoHater2

Didnt you go back to school today NeXi? How was your first day?

Posted by NeXidala

No, tommorow is my first day. I wrote that message at around 12 a.m. and plus I said I started Wednesday.

Posted by WackoHater2

I thought today was Wendsday. I lose track of days and dates during the Summer. Sorry.

Posted by NeXidala

Today is Tuesday...

Posted by WackoHater2

I know that now.

Posted by junior senior

I go back on the 6th :cool:

Posted by WackoHater2

As do I.

Posted by Ch

My Schedule is as follows

French IV AP
Psychology 2 AF
Plant Science
Intro to Music Studio
Jazz band
and numerous study halls

I want to go to school to be a record label owner at Berklee in Boston :)

I wanna be a writer. or act, or possibly music stuff.

Posted by WackoHater2

Is that picture you had a while ago as your avatar you? If it is, you look like the actor type. Like plays I mean. Not movies, no offense.

Posted by Klarth

I'd like to be an occupational psychologist and a freelance graphic designer. Simultaneously.

Posted by Arcadios

I've yet to know what I want to become.
I have a likeing towards cars and I'm already doing repair work on them so I plan on becoming a mechanic.

Posted by Axis

Quoting NeXidala: I do. I take a lot of pride in it. I'm in 7th grade doing high school credit work. Just some info about my academics. I maintained straight A's from 3rd grade to 6th grade. (never got anything lower than an A) In 6th grade I maintained a 4.0 gpa even though I was working 2 grades above grade level. And even then, the work still wasn't challenging.

So far you're doing excellent. Before 9th grade I had completed French I, French II, Spanish I, and Spanish II before I started Latin. Seriously, the path you're taking right now can and most likely will lead you to a scholarship. I have a friend who took AP Calc last year, and he was a sophomore. He's gotten some scholarships already to Ivy League schools. Anyways, most of the stuff I'm doing right now is about a year ahead of what most people in my grade take, and I'm doing fairly well in it.

I also remember those FCAT tests. I did really well in History and Math, didn't do as well in English and Science. Although when it came to the essay writing skills test I got a 5, and I was 1 of 3 people who got the top score out of the 200 or so kids who took it. So when you score that high on your FCAT tests it usually means that the year is going to fairly easy for you.

Quoting Panic: Is that picture you had a while ago as your avatar you? If it is, you look like the actor type. Like plays I mean. Not movies, no offense.

The sad thing is that our drama teacher is both a complete moron and sexist.

Posted by WackoHater2

Does he touch you?

Anyway, my pants came via UPS today.

Teh picture:
[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/DropDemDrawz/Other/217537_hi.jpg[/IMG]

They are about 10 times cooler in real life though.

Quoting Panic: Does he touch you?

No. SHE just prefers girls to guys. She gives all of the guys in her class a hard time, and lets the girls get away with all kinds of stuff.

Posted by WackoHater2

I know a lot of female teachers like that. It sucks.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Axis: So far you're doing excellent. Before 9th grade I had completed French I, French II, Spanish I, and Spanish II before I started Latin. Seriously, the path you're taking right now can and most likely will lead you to a scholarship. I have a friend who took AP Calc last year, and he was a sophomore. He's gotten some scholarships already to Ivy League schools. Anyways, most of the stuff I'm doing right now is about a year ahead of what most people in my grade take, and I'm doing fairly well in it.

I also remember those FCAT tests. I did really well in History and Math, didn't do as well in English and Science. Although when it came to the essay writing skills test I got a 5, and I was 1 of 3 people who got the top score out of the 200 or so kids who took it. So when you score that high on your FCAT tests it usually means that the year is going to fairly easy for you.

Yeah, when I took that writing test. I got a perfect 6 ^_^ Got the highest score in the school. And, I want to take a lot of foreign language classes to get it finished by my sophomore year or so. And, not only am I good at acedemics, I'm really good at sports. In softball, I play first base, fourth batter (clean-up), I also play flag football, and basketball. And, I took taekwondo so I can do around 30 push-ups. Guess you could say I'm really balanced.

Posted by Klarth

Teh picture:
[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/DropDemDrawz/Other/217537_hi.jpg[/IMG]

THOSE THINGS ARE ****ING HORRIBLE.

Posted by WackoHater2

I love them. They are really really out there. They are definatly me. :D

I'd at least buy them in black. Neon green is a little TOO out there for my tastes. But, whatever floats your boat.

Posted by Axis

Quoting NeXidala: Yeah, when I took that writing test. I got a perfect 6 ^_^ Got the highest score in the school. And, I want to take a lot of foreign language classes to get it finished by my sophomore year or so. And, not only am I good at acedemics, I'm really good at sports. In softball, I play first base, fourth batter (clean-up), I also play flag football, and basketball. And, I took taekwondo so I can do around 30 push-ups. Guess you could say I'm really balanced.

Weird, the highest we could get was a 5.

Posted by NeXidala

Highest we could get was 6 where I took it.

Quoted post: I love them. They are really really out there. They are definatly me.

They're hideous and not "out there" by any stretch of the imagination. Drop by your local Hot Topic and you're bound to find something just as g[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d awful ulgy.

Posted by Crazy K

Teh picture:

Reminds me tons of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Anyways I should be getting my school schedule in the mail any day now. I hope I get Art with my brother.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting jefferey shalome: I'd at least buy them in black. Neon green is a little TOO out there for my tastes. But, whatever floats your boat.

I'm getting them in reversed colors soon. Black where those are green, and green where they are black. An they are Kelly Green, technically. :)

Posted by NeXidala

I got my schedule you guys! Here are my classes:
Science 2 Adv.
Robotics
Civics Adv.
French I

Language Arts... that sounds so retarded.

Posted by NeXidala

It's a class, I didn't pick the name......

Posted by WackoHater2

I still didnt get my schedule. I think I am supposed to get it tomorrow in the mail I think. I dunno. Anyway, 100th post in this thread. Awesome.

Posted by Klarth

Over here we just have plain things like Philosophy, Biology and English. The names are simpler, and we don't have access to anything interesting like robotics. :( Anyway, this term I am taking:

English Lang
English Lit
Politics
Philosophy
Biology
Russian

I am planning on killing politics IMMEDIATELY.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Klarth: Over here we just have plain things like Philosophy, Biology and English. The names are simpler, and we don't have access to anything interesting like robotics. :( Anyway, this term I am taking:

English Lang
English Lit
Politics
Philosophy
Biology
Russian

I am planning on killing politics IMMEDIATELY.

Same here, with the simple names. But hey, its New Jersey. What do you expect?

Posted by Crazy K

So far I know I will have:

Gym 3
Art 3
Computer Maintenance and Repair

and the other I cannot remember.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Crazy K: So far I know I will have:

Gym 3
Art 3
Computer Maintenance and Repair

and the other I cannot remember.

How do you have gym 3? We have one gym class. Same sports every year.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Panic: How do you have gym 3? We have one gym class. Same sports every year.

Some schools, like mine, have different gym courses such as Male Team Games, which is a total sausage fest comprised of gym class heroes. Others include Pilates, which is comprised of fat girls who think they're hot in tights. Those are just a couple of examples.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I go back to school next Thursday and that saddens me. Why? I ended school LAST Thursday and I just transferred colleges and now I have to pay the starting fees all over again (around 260 dollars from my pocket) and then buy all the books I need for the semester (300+ usually). I LOVE COLLEGE!

Oh yeah, I totally got a useless Associates Degree in Arts and Science, which is pointless because I'm going to be getting my BSN in two years anyway. It's going to look cool on my wall though, I guess.

Posted by WackoHater2

Sucks you gotta spend so much money on college, I am gonna be screwed when I gotta go.

I get free schooling for as long as I need :cool:

Posted by Ch

How did you manage that?

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Panic]How do you have gym 3? We have one gym class. Same sports every year.

Well Gym 1 is just the required class, Gym 2 and 3 are basically weight lifting and whatever. It's good for the football players and whoever plays sports. I just used it to gain muscle and loose weight.

Posted by WackoHater2

I see. We have three choices for gym. Team: flag football, baseball, basketball, speedball, and volleyball. Activity: tennis, frisby, soccer, things of that nature. Individual: weight lifting and running. I always take team. Although I am a girly man, I hate activity sports, and I hate weightlifting and running with a passion.

Posted by Ch

Dude. Lifting is awesome.

Posted by WackoHater2

My left arm is messed up. I dunno how well I can lift. I may do Individual this year though, because I'd like to lose some weight, and try to replace some fat with muscle.

Quoted post: How did you manage that?

Divorce agreement between my mom and dad :cool: He's loaded, so it's cool.

Posted by Slade

We have individual whatever, lifting, and then this girly gym class. The last one sounded so nice compared to mine(lifting/running)... they took naps every Friday. I think there were two or three guys in it, pretty big losers I guess, who were just there to check out the girls.

School starts the first of September for me, I think. Somewhere around there. It's going to be really weird, because I have this insane schedule- Chemistry at my highschool, then three college classes really spread out over the day, like my last one ends at 7pm. So I'll spend a lot of time in town for at least this quarter.

Posted by Gollum

French
English
Math
Physics
Accounting
Entrepreneurship
Technology
World Religeon

Going into 11th grade. I want to work in business in the future, so I'm taking Accounting and Entrepreneurship. School starts September 5.

You guys are so lucky, they don't even offer language courses at my school other than french and english. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Irrelevant: French
English
Math
Physics
Accounting
Entrepreneurship
Technology
World Religeon

Going into 11th grade. I want to work in business in the future, so I'm taking Accounting and Entrepreneurship. School starts September 5.

You guys are so lucky, they don't even offer language courses at my school other than french and english. :(

My school has French, Spanish, English, and Japanese. You gotta pay for Japanese though, because so little people take it. I was thinking of taking it, but I just dont got the extra money for it.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Klarth: Over here we just have plain things like Philosophy, Biology and English. The names are simpler, and we don't have access to anything interesting like robotics. :(

I'm taking Robotics. Only have gone to three classes, but I found out this Monday we are going to start building a structure. It's going to be awesome. That class will REALLY help me since I want to be an Aeronautical Engineer.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Klarth]Pah, I don't get it. Why is it that we're the ones who:

Last semester there were days where I spent 12 hours at a time. :cookie: And no, I do not have a bedroom at school.

eerrr

[IMG]http://www.midas-store.com/catalog/images/311163_151_gri_azz.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by NES Queen

I was originally registered for two classes in the fall, but when I got the bill I had to drop one. My job will pay 80% tuition reimbursement, provided I get at least a B+ in the class. But I have to lay the money out up front and wait to get paid back roughly 6-8 weeks after school ends. Considering that each class is $3,846, I decided to stick with just one at a time.

[URL="http://www.cvn.columbia.edu/courses/Fall2006/BMENE4001.html"]Quantitative Physiology I[/URL]
An introduction to quantitative analysis of molecular processes that are the foundation of how living cells function in a physiological context. This course approaches specific aspects of cellular function and examines them from a mix of physiological, biophysical, and engineering points of view. Students should be comfortable with the use ordinary differential equations and linear system analysis.

Posted by WackoHater2

I finally got my schudule.

1. Consumer Math
2. Scientific Inquirey
3. SRA Math
4. SRA Language Arts
5. Health 12: Adult Living
6. English IV
7. Lunch
8. Art II
9. US History II

Posted by Crazy K

My schedule came in yesterday so here it is:

1st hr - Eng 11 full year
2nd hr - Amer Hist full year
3rd hr - Geometry full year
4th hr - Physical Science (might change to gym 3, cause thats the class I was supposed to get) full year
5th hr - Art 3 full year
6th hr - comp maint & repair full year

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Crazy K: My schedule came in yesterday so here it is:

1st hr - Eng 11 full year
2nd hr - Amer Hist full year
3rd hr - Geometry full year
4th hr - Physical Science (might change to gym 3, cause thats the class I was supposed to get) full year
5th hr - Art 3 full year
6th hr - comp maint & repair full year

I take that class next year in 8th. Is it hard?

Quoted post: I take that class next year in 8th. Is it hard?

Nope.

Posted by Kit

Quoted post: - Start school at 8:30 AM

1. You go to Boarding school.
2. You go to Boarding school.
3. You go to Boarding school.
4. You going to boarding school lets you break up for Summer earlier than the rest of the UK.
5. British law.

Posted by WackoHater2

Boarding school must suck. I:

-start school at 7:30
-get home at 2:30
-have off Saturday and Sunday
-get out for summer June 9th
-go back to school September 6th

Posted by Kit

I start at 9am, leave at 3:30pm, have Saturday and Sunday off. Leave school at some time near 14-20th July, get back on 4-6th September.

Posted by WackoHater2

Shorter hours is good, but shorter summer is bad. :(

Shorter hours? Not many schools have days longer than six.

Posted by cool gamer dad

School days are a little over 7 hours here.

Posted by NeXidala

My school is from 9:30am to 4:05pm.

Hence "not many" because I know some schools go longer. And for that, you guys suck :cookie:

Posted by Stalolin

My school's got a block schedule, so my second and third periods differ by day.

1st Period - Electronics Technology

2nd - Honors English or Statistics (Had the choice of taking Calculus but decided to screw it and do it in college)

3rd - Senior Seminar or Economics (Senior Seminar is devoted to helping out with each student's internship as they're required by the school and also helps the students with their senior project which is required state-wise)

Only three classes a day. Except on Friday we go to all five for shorter periods of time. I don't really have an internship yet. =( Looking into a couple places such as; Micron, this place that develops weapons for the DoD, a place that works with lasers of all sorts, and anything that deals with CAD modeling.

Posted by WackoHater2

My school day is about 6 hours and 45 minutes. I guess it evens out. We have nine 45 minute periods, and a 5 minute homeroom.

Posted by Stalolin

Mine's six hours and 30 minutes.

Though if I would have finished my internship over the summer then I'd have been able to get out at 12:50, cutting my school day down by an hour and 40 minutes.

Posted by WackoHater2

I am going to be a Senior this year. Usually Seniors get Senior release. I failed ninth grade, so I have some credits to make up, so I don't get it. It's all good. As long as I graduate this year.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Panic]I am going to be a Senior this year. Usually Seniors get Senior release. I failed ninth grade, so I have some credits to make up, so I don't get it. It's all good. As long as I graduate this year.

woah, I figured you were way younger than me. Like 14 or 15.

APPARENTLY WE'RE THE SAME AGE

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll be 18 in March. :D

Posted by Apathetic

8 to 3
English
Bio
PE
Digital Design
Worldhistory/geog
Spanish 2
Geometry

Posted by Crazy K

I start school at 8:20 and get out at 3:21 or something of that sort.

Posted by WackoHater2

3:21? What a wierd time. Lol.

Posted by Crazy K

I believe it's something like that. Or maybe it's just 3:20.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'd like 3:21 better.. but I'm just a wierdo like that.

Posted by Apathetic

Oh yeah, and Wednsdays start at 8:35. :)

Posted by WackoHater2

Different days start at different times? Weird.

Quoted post: 3:21? What a wierd time. Lol.

I used to get out at 2:19. Which was pretty odd actually.

Posted by NeXidala

I wish I had art as one of my electives. I hear the teacher gives anything an A, and not only that, but they let you bring in music to listen to! I'd be blasting my CD player with my music.

Posted by Crazy K

My art class is the same. If you give effort you pass. Also my art teatcher is fond of the Rolling stones so he usually has classic rock playing. Some times people bring stuff in, but it's quite rare.

Posted by NeXidala

My school's art teacher doesn't care much just as long as you get the work done.

Posted by WackoHater2

My schools art teacher despises anyone who can't do better than her. I hate her with an undying passion.

Posted by Crazy K

The only cool thing about my art teatcher is that he is in his own band that is actually good. Oh and he is really good at art.

Posted by Ch

Well this is my last week of complete freedom before I go back to that oppressing establishment :(

Posted by Hasta Flammeus

Man... My art teacher (This is back in GCSE, three years ago...) had fruit hanging from the ceiling... She once suggested I use a book a quarter the size of the standard one (I pretty much always drew things tiny, but really detailed) that would've been kinda weird

I think I officially beat everyone with my Wednesday (45 minutes long, starting at 11:00) ^_^ My average day is three and a half hours of lectures, with two and a bit hours of nothing to do in between them, so most days are pretty good, except Tuesday starts at 9:00 and there isn't a gap large enough to get lunch in until five hours later, which is probably going to kill me, unless Financial Mathematics turns out to be super-easy (pretty likely), then I'll have lunch around 12:00 ;)

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Hasta Flammeus:
I think I officially beat everyone with my Wednesday (45 minutes long, starting at 11:00) ^_^

Weird. You have class for 45 minutes on Wednesdays? Pretty weird lol.

Posted by Hasta Flammeus

That's the beauty of going to university, if you're lucky, you get a day with only one lecture on it ;)

Posted by NeXidala

Meh, I don't go to college for another 5 or 6 years. Though I already know what I want to study.
Aeronautical Engineering. And, I wanna major in Mathematics, Japanese, and French as well.

Posted by WackoHater2

Japanese rules. My friend Tina takes it.

Posted by Crazy K

I start school on Tuesday. I feel so sad, yet I really can't wait to see my friends.

Posted by WackoHater2

I start on Wendsday. I also don't wanna go back, but I can't wait to see so many of the people I have missed all Summer.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Turns out I'll be going to school in Invermere. Meaning I'm in Radium still. I start on Tuesday. But that first day I only go till noon for class checks and crap. Actual classes are starting the day after so. But still we wont do any work until Thursday or Friday depending if I have hard-*** teachers :p

Posted by Kamek

Senior Year for me. ****, I'm going to miss this place a lot. This college process is mighty stressful, but I know this year I gotta be fresh to death, and I gotta focus. 4 AP classes, lots of outside things will more than likely come up...I just have to make this the best school year ever. Last year was hard. I want to make this better than sophomore year.

Posted by Zeta

School starts tomorrow. I feel so emo right now because of it. :(

*slitslitslit*

Posted by Arcadios

I have school on Wendsday.
I'm excited yet scared at the same time. :(:cookie2::)

Posted by NeXidala

I've found my place in school. I like it a lot. I hangout with a lot of people and AT school it's never really dull.

Posted by Crazy K

I feel so sad. I don't want to return to school, but there is only 2 years to go so I must get it over with.

Posted by TendoAddict

Ah crap, tommarow's D-day for me.

BUT

This year is very different.

Im a senior, but that not it.

All my classes are really out of the ordinary. I mean for so long its been english, math, science, Social Studies for every yeah.

But now its so odd.

My schedual.

1) Greek myth. Which is far from normal English classes.

2) Accounting. Which is like math only easyer then most of the stuff I did in Trig. More of a real life class then math.

3) Gym, which was the most adnornmal class during the past 11 years of school. Now its the most normal class I have.

4) TV and Raidio. Probably a fun class, I like TV and radio I can deal with.

5) Computer tech. A intro class to computers. Wow this ones gonna be hard, I have no Idea how to use computers.

6) Band. Not a hard class at all if you put in effort.

I know it seems blow off. But I tried to get serious classes. but alas full. But games on easy mode can be fun too.

3)

Posted by brownoystercult

You're going to be a senior and you don't know how to spell "schedule"?

That scares me.

Anyway, I start School on Thursday. Going to Disneyland tomorrow. :D

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Roinkz: You're going to be a senior and you don't know how to spell "schedule"?

That scares me.

Anyway, I start School on Thursday. Going to Disneyland tomorrow. :D

Going out with a bang, I see.

Posted by junior senior

1. Support Lab
2. English 10R
3. Global 10R Partnership
4. Girls PE: A Days; Bio Lab B Days
5. Living Enviornment 10
6. Math 10XR
7. Study Hall
8. Study Hall
sweet I have an early dismissal

school ends 1:53 pm and starts 7:35 :cool:
42 minutes each class but i dont need 7th and 8th :)

Posted by Kit

I'm going back in less than an hour. I know I'm not going to like it much. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Good luck Kirby. I go back tomorrow. I am having a party in about 10 minutes, although the end of summer isn't much to celebrate. Oh shi- I still have an hour and 10 minutes.

Posted by Kit

I'm done. I have the teachers I hate. I'm going to love year 11. :cookie:

Posted by WackoHater2

I have a ton of teachers I hate, I know it sucks.

Posted by Ch

I go back tomorrow.

Senior year is gonna be stressfull.

BERKLEE HERE I COME... to apply to you. :)

Posted by neonmole

I didn't buy anything, no new clothes, no new pens and no new notebooks. I just couldn't afford.

Posted by WackoHater2

That really sucks. :( my cousin got very little. That's what you get when neither of your parents work, and spend their welfare checks on marijuana. It seems a lot of people are going into their Senior year as well as me. I didn't realize how many there were.

Posted by Ch

I didn't get anything either. Just a notebook and a planner. I spent all my money on booze, pot, & outings this summer. Not to mention gas.

Posted by NeXidala

Personally, I only have 1 teacher that I hate, but that is it. Good thing, too. I already got in trouble for talking back at this teacher and making fun of her. Imagine if I had more than one.

Posted by WackoHater2

Oh boy, there are gonna be some good times this year. :) all of the teachers I hate are so, so easy to make fun of. Especially this one Math teacher. The resemblance she has to a man is uncanny.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Panic: Especially this one Math teacher. The resemblance she has to a man is uncanny.

OHHHHHHHH I would have a field day with that one!!!!!!

Posted by WackoHater2

I've had her once. Me and my friend Jason put her through so much. The most memorable one is when we squarted a mayo packet all over her desk. She thought it was lotion and started rubbing it into her hands. They probably smelled like crap later one that day. And another time, we took a picture of her, and with the magic that is PhotoShop, took her head and put it onto a muscular mans body. I wish I still had the picture saved somewhere. So many good times. I'll have to work alone this year though.

Posted by NeXidala

HAHA. Wanna hear somethign hilarious I did to my paranoid, vegetarian social studies teacher once? Well, one day the cafeteria was serving hamburgers for lunch one day. Man, was I bored, so I borrowed a ziplock bag from a friend, put the patty in, and put it on her desk. The dang teacher ended up barfing outside. It was hilarious and cruel at the same time, but boy did I laugh!

Quoting Hasta Flammeus: That's the beauty of going to university, if you're lucky, you get a day with only one lecture on it ;)

The whole of last year, I had nothing on a Friday, and only an hour-long lecture on a Thursday.

I still haven't got my timetable for this year.

Posted by WackoHater2

That's freakin' hilarous!

Posted by Arcadios

I'm a mere 35 minutes away from entering my new school.
I couldn't get to sleep last night, finally fell asleep around 3 in the morning.
Only had 3 hours and 20 minutes of sleep but now I feel neither scared nor excited.
Kinda just want to get this over with.

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, today started off wonderfully. I missed the bus. I hate missing the bus. School was alright though. I am trying to get my lunch period switched.

Posted by Arcadios

My first day of school was nerve racking but it got better through out the day.
I finally saw my friend but only got to speak with him for a minute or two.
He had to go to Boces.
I signed up for it in my last school but it looks like it didn't get to my new school.
Now I have to sign up for a waiting list and only God knows how long it is. :(

Posted by Klarth

First day of school was pretty decent. Had to **** around to get Biology off my timetable though, which was annoying.

Plenty of free time this year. Also, my dorm ****ing ROCKS.

Posted by WackoHater2

Dorm? Aren't you like 15? Do you go to boarding school?

Posted by Klarth

"Go"? This has been my home for several years now.

Also, I am sixteen very soon.

Posted by WackoHater2

Oh, I didn't realize. I thought that you went home during the summer when you attended boarding school.

Posted by Klarth

I don't go home. I flit around the country finding places to live.

Posted by WackoHater2

I see. Isn't that a bit lonely though? Don't you miss your family sometimes?

Posted by Klarth

No. Never.

Posted by WackoHater2

I guess that suits you. Not that it's a bad thing.. it's just you're not the kind of person, I don't think anyway, that'd miss family or a home to go back to if you wanted to. Anyway, back on subject, I am really confused about my current grade predicament. I have a Junior homeroom, but a bunch of senior classes. I am pretty sure that I am a senior though. That's what the people at the guidance office told me.

I'm moving into my new house on Saturday. University starts soon after.

Posted by WackoHater2

Moving is really fun.. when you're four and you don't gotta help. We recently moved to a new house in July. It took a lot outta me.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Klarth: Had to **** around to get Biology off my timetable though, which was annoying.

What? You're in Sixth Form? I thought you were in year 11. :o

Oh, it's not the whole family or anything. Just me and my stuff moving into a shared rental house for a year.

Posted by WackoHater2

British school confuses me. No offense.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Dark Kirby: What? You're in Sixth Form? I thought you were in year 11. :o

That was last year :)

Quoting Panic: British school confuses me. No offense.

American school confuses me. Ours is a very simple structure. :)

Posted by Kit

Yes, The American schooling system confuses me too, Once somebody asked me what "Grade" I was in, I had no idea, and still don't.

Posted by WackoHater2

I guess it depends on where you live. I am sure if I lived in the U.K. I'd understand.

Grade means how many years you've done. I, for example, am in 12th grade, my final year of school, except for college that is.

Except that's how it works over here, as well - but if you're in year 6, you're not in sixth grade in America. It's quite bizarre.

Posted by Kit

I thought American students started at an older age or something, like at age 5-6 instead of our 4-5.

Posted by WackoHater2

It depends. My cousin Nick is just starting, and he is five. My other cousin Mike is also just starting, but he is three (pre-school) and he'll be in actual school at 4 next year. Your birthday makes a difference here. I dunno if it's like that there.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm going to switch Geometry to another class because I don't need another math class (2 math classes needed only). If I can't choose another class I will probably take Money Math because of how easy it would be for me.

Posted by NeXidala

I've been going to school for like 3 weeks now. Everything is going great, and I feel like I've been there for years. Just recently I made the softball team (#15!) and I'm pretty excited about that.

Posted by Crazy K

Eh, first two days of school went by and so far boring as hell. I'm currently awaiting to go to the dance this friday though.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Crazy K: Eh, first two days of school went by and so far boring as hell. I'm currently awaiting to go to the dance this friday though.

Wow, you are alreayd having a dance? You're so lucky. Last year we had to wait like 3 months for our first dance, and I have no clue when we might have a dance this year.

I'm totally working at my old catholic highschool. I pretty much do all the small jobs behind the scenes, mainly because I'm not presentable, but it's badass. So, though I'm not back in school, I'm back in school. And it's weird as ****. Kids these days are so **** tiny it's cute. And pretty much all my old teachers still work there. Bizarre.

But I'm volunteering. So I get pretty much nothing out of it except an awesome resume. So that kinda sucks.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro: Kids these days are so **** tiny it's cute.

I know what you mean. Students in a lower grade always seem smaller than you and your classmates were when you were in that grade. ****ing weird.

Posted by NeXidala

I agree. In my old school, the people in the grade above us were really tall, then we were a bit shorter, then the grade behind us was way shorter, and the grade behind that was fukken puny!

Oh, yeah. I used to be amazed at the size of the kids coming in year 7 at high school. I never used to be that small.

Plus, I remember being in grade nine and all the grade twelve kids were huge. All the boys were at least over six foot. Now the average seems to be 5'10". Go figure.

Posted by Zeta

Great, the human race is shrinking.

At least we'll be able to ride dogs in a couple of generations, instead of stupid horses and ****.

Posted by NeXidala

Meh, as long as the people in the grades above me or the same as me are an okay size, I'm good.

Posted by Apathetic

Yeesh, school is just starting to suck now. 3rd week :(

Posted by Kit

Quoting Wings: Oh, yeah. I used to be amazed at the size of the kids coming in year 7 at high school. I never used to be that small.

I still am. :cookie:

The year 7s this year appear to be smaller than ever. I know it's because I'm growing but it still feels weird. :o

The smallest so far goes up to just above my elbow, when my arms are flat. That's small. :(

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dark Kirby: I still am. :cookie:

The year 7s this year appear to be smaller than ever. I know it's because I'm growing but it still feels weird. :o

The smallest so far goes up to just above my elbow, when my arms are flat. That's small. :(

Well, how tall are you?

Posted by Klarth

He's like five something.

Posted by NeXidala

Meh, there are some kids in my grade who are under 4"5.

Posted by Hasta Flammeus

A kid four and a half inches tall? That's pretty bloody impressive...

University update: Going back to Southampton on the first of October, in time for freshers' week, even though I'm not a fresher any more, hurrah for free stuff! (Seriously, as of the fourth of October, there probably isn't a day for about a month where you can't get something for free from someone with a mailing list sign-up sheet (fake e-mail addresses ;)) or something)

I have a fake email address for that very purpose.

Posted by WackoHater2

School is really stressing me out. My schedule sucks. I wish my last year would be a good one. I guess it won't be though.

Posted by NeXidala

I love my school with a passion. Pretty much everything about it works out perfectly for me, including the people in my classes. Couldn't have asked for better! :D

Posted by WackoHater2

So many people told me that my Senior year would be my best year. I want to talk to these people, and ask them why after only three days, I am tired, worn out, and for the first time in my life seriously considering quitting school.

Posted by NeXidala

Panic, you have to be kidding me. It's only been three days and you want to quit? Geez, it's life, it's not always going to be hella fun and exciting for you. Just pull through, and stop focusing on other things so that for 9 more months of your life you can concentrate on school, and not have other things worrying you.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'd never actually quit. I'd just like to.

You get out of it what you put in :cookie:

Posted by Apathetic

If I put in cock, does that mean I win?

Posted by Killer Jordo

I liked the first week of school. I was all happy because I had a top locker. And my best class was math because all my friends + my girlfriend was in that class. Then that class *** deleted :(. And I had to give my top locker to a grade 10. But it's OK because me and me mate are sharing his top one.

Posted by Hasta Flammeus

Quoting Wings: I have a fake email address for that very purpose.
My friend just used one he thought up on the spot, turned out someone had already registered it, sucks to be them...