Potential Wii Bombshell

Posted by Speedfreak

IGN said this in their Wii-kly podcast:

[quote]Matt Casamassina: I have a feeling you're gonna see uh...hmmm...how do I...let's sort of be pretty vague about this. I think you're gonna see some games that may have previously been for another system, now showing up on Wii instead...I think that would probably be vague enough.

Mark Bozon: Let's talk about the Lawsuit fairy coming in, ya know, giving us a note under the pillow!

Matt Casamassina: Yeah, so there's gonna be some announcements...

FIRE UP THE RUMOUR MILL.

Posted by Zeta

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 ON WII

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]games that may have previously been for another system, now showing up on Wii instead

Does he mean the virtual system or the Wii itself. Cuz It he means virtual then duh.

If he means the Wii itself, then this will be momumentus.

Posted by Hyper

I would like to bust some caps into gangstas and do some drivebys on my Wii, you know, San Andreas style.

Though that's just about the most unlikely thing ever.

Posted by Ant

If the story is so big why would IGN hold back on this juicy info? Unless this was from Nintendo themselves and they had to promise not to say anything, I don't understand why they wouldn't.

Heh, I don't think it'll be MGS4(graphics), perhaps something like RE5 though.

Posted by Klarth

A non-RE5 RE game has already been confirmed for Wii...

GTA4? MGS4? Hell, even something as simple as... DoA?

Whatever.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: A non-RE5 RE game has already been confirmed for Wii...

Could always be both. PS2 has Dead Aim and then got RE4. But doubtful, I suppose.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ant]If the story is so big why would IGN hold back on this juicy info? Unless this was from Nintendo themselves and they had to promise not to say anything, I don't understand why they wouldn't.

Heh, I don't think it'll be MGS4(graphics), perhaps something like RE5 though.

It's in IGN's podcast, and it's not something they can really make a story out of considering they're clearly under NDA.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, so is this about the VC or the Wii itself? Because all ready games like SotN are showing up on other consoles, like the 360. And if it's about the Wii itself, meh. Who cares. Ports suck.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Yeah, so is this about the VC or the Wii itself? Because all ready games like SotN are showing up on other consoles, like the 360. And if it's about the Wii itself, meh. Who cares. Ports suck.

What the f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck is it with you and your total inability to read?

[quote]I have a feeling you're gonna see uh...hmmm...how do I...let's sort of be pretty vague about this. I think you're gonna see some games that may have previously been for another system, now showing up on Wii instead...I think that would probably be vague enough.

He's clearly saying there's either a series or several different games jumping ship.

Here's my 2 cents for this thing. If it's a single series jumping ship then I think it'll be a Konami series, because they haven't announced as much Wii support as other developers. And there's one specific Konami series that's never been on a Nintendo console, has been on other systems and would work perfectly on Wii: Silent Hill.

There is another possibility. A couple of weeks ago there was a rumour that PS3 developers were getting pissed off with Sony and porting their games to Wii. Matt didn't specifically say that the games are in the same series, nor from the same company. And obviously if we're now talking about single projects, a project originally intended for PS3 would fit Matt's description, "may have previously been for another system", perfectly.

Whatever happens, this is gonna be interesting.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It seems to me like it's a game that's been already announced for PS3 or Xbox 360, and is now going to be a Wii exclusive. Reasoning: singular 'system', the word 'instead'.

In the 'cast he also seems to drop a hint later on. They're talking about either TGS or Leipzig, I forget which, and he says something about predicting which companies are going to be dropping huge news, mentions Capcom, and then for the next one he mentions specifically states "that one's not a hint".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What the **** is it with you and your total inability to read?

What's with you and being a total ******* for no reason? I missed the word "instead," so I figured they were talking about games that were all ready out. My mistake. Christ.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Lair from Factor 5 would be nice. It's just about the only ps3 game announced thus far that interests me, and a Factor 5 flight combat game would work nicely with the Wii controller.

Metal Gear Solid 4 would certainly rain on sony's parade, but I think it's highly unlikely unless Konami wants to scale back the graphics on the game considerably.

Squeenix has already said that Dragon Warrior 9 could be a Wii exclusive if the spin-off title and the portable Dragon Warrior games sell well enough.

I'd be perfectly happy with MGS4 with the level of graphical polish of MGS3. But I really don't think that's the juice.

Adam mentioned Silent Hill.

Posted by Bebop

The day Metal Gear Solid 4 is on Wii is the day I'm black.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Squeenix has already said that Dragon Warrior 9 could be a Wii exclusive if the spin-off title and the portable Dragon Warrior games sell well enough.

That was just a rumour, but yeah, DQ9 would play great with the controller.

Posted by Poco

It definantly won't be GTA4. Probably not MGS, either. Here's hoping for RE.

Resi's enjoyed Nintendo systems before. RE4 was a GCN exclusive at first, and there was a remake of the original and Zero as well.

Posted by maian

It's obviously Halo.

Eh. We'll just have to wait. MGS4 would be pretty sweet, though.