Make suggestions for RPG Inferno v3.0.0 Alpha 1

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/

If you got any suggestions, post them here and the RPG creators will find out about them.

Posted by Max Mouse

I want to battle video game like characters like you did in the old version. Goombas, Bowser, Koopa troopas, or my favorite..... Gollum.

Posted by Jesse Smith

In the final version I might replace some characters with Nintendo characters.

er, have [url=http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno.php?do=scan&u=3]you[/url] even figured out how to kill an enemy!!! You know, a weapon and shield might help. *hint* :D

Posted by GameMiestro

This site's rpg is WAY better than GZE's. The chat function actually works!

Also, interesting location names... :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

There's two wacko places!!! :D:D

You guys are going to love the last current boss. :D:D

Just try to go easy on him and don't kill him!!! :D:D:D

Posted by GameMiestro

Jesse, nobody but me and you (I am Adamant in the game) have actually succeeded in winning a battle. It's hard to imagine that anyone else will find him soon.

Have you beat it yet?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I've beat every one there is. Took me less than a day, the day I made the game.

Then again, I've played it over there so I probably know a bunch of tips most of them don't know. Not to mention I made this little game. For example, I wouldn't buy any of the pets at Rio Linda!! :D

I just don't want it too easy!!!! You've won 21 out of 24 battles, so as soon as they figure it out, they won't have too much trouble!!! You're just about to the last place if you havn't already seen the boss with a ton of HP!!! Go easy on him!!! :D

Posted by GameMiestro

That final guy was pathetically easy. He couldn't deal 1 point of damage. But he gave virtually no EXP- what gives? I should get something, right?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Exp is based on how hard the character is, so I can't change that, so you get a bunch of items and money instead.

er...in real life that dude is a week wimp...and also lazy!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by GameMiestro

Could you add some more areas at least? Tougher monsters?

Posted by Jesse Smith

One of these days I might. Though hardly any one is even testing it out.

Posted by Breakman

*tests it out*

Posted by Zeta

...'Molly's Nipple'...

wtf?

Also, getting into a fight with seven enemies doesn't seem very fair... although I still won.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Molly's Nipple was the name of a little dead volcano that was next to where I lived as a kid!! :D

Quoting Zeta: although I still won.

BINGO!!! Every one knows the current RPG game was way too easy and that's da last thing I want on this version. I played the test game as I made it to try to keep it from being too hard.

BTW, in the next version, you'll be able to run from battle.

Posted by Zeta

Good, 'cause somehow I got into a battle with that Demon when trying to go to the nipple. Killed me :mad:

Posted by scylla

that was way too easy. You should make some new areas with some vgc members as bosses. Use their blog name for the towns.

Posted by Zeta

DA could be the final area, with all the uber-powerful enemies. >_>

Posted by scylla

and also, i say let each blog owner come up with anywhere from 2 to 5 enemies to be in their area.

Posted by GameMiestro

Clans=good.

Really.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting scylla: that was way too easy.

CRUD!!!!!!!!! Did you HAVE to say that!!!!! :mad:

I thought that if I had it any harder you would hardly be able to kill any one!!!! grrrr!!! :mad:

Posted by GameMiestro

Can you let me have a shop? I thought they added it to the RPG.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I didn't see an option for a shop. heck, we can't even sell the weapons, armor, helmet...stuff yet.

Quoting Zeta: ...'Molly's Nipple'...

wtf?

[img]http://hikinglog.com/images/zion/DCP_7043.JPG[/img]

One look at her and you easily see why that's her name!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, I get it now.

... <_< ... >_>

*fap fap fap*

Edit: What the hell? Everytime you level up a spell you lose an additional turn when you use it?!

Posted by GameMiestro

I keep adding Dexterity to my pet, but he still keeps missing. My main character has no extra Dex, but he never misses. What gives?

Posted by Zeta

Might have something to do with pets only being able to attack with their fists. Pets might be better for magic support.

Posted by Jesse Smith

If I can ever figure out how to get the upgrade to work, the bugs might be gone, and the pets will be able to use potions and attack!!!!! Oh, did I mention, you'll be able to run from battle!!! The upgrade'll also have changes that have to do with Dex.

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's upgraded now. See if any of those bugs are there now.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, they certainly evade my attacks now...

Hey, sometimes it say you did an "instant kill" instead of "resulting in death".

Posted by Zeta

Some enemies (Ghouls) have a 20% chance of being instantly killed. Check enemy stats.

Posted by GameMiestro

I can't level up now. At all. :(

Posted by Zeta

That's the game telling you you've been playing too much.

Posted by GameMiestro

Thats the upgrade "fixing" it so monsters are worth next to zero exp. Of course, this will make it next to impossible for anyone to catch up- or even to get to lv. 10- unless Jesse adds some new monsters.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The higher the stats, the less exp a monster gives you. aka...you're way too strong right now!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

[IMG]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3682/tonberryno4.jpg[/IMG]

My fantasy Inferno monster. Not the best job in the world, but you must realize that the best excuse for MS Paint on a Mac is AppleWorks (a mediocre text editor), which is what I used. I figure that since I can't learn spells or combat skills without resetting my account (my skills are too low, and I can't level up), I might as well suggest something to pass the time.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: I can't learn spells or combat skills without resetting my account (my skills are too low, and I can't level up).

er, that's only bee cause theres no place to go to fight stronger monsters!!!!

You still get money!!! Have you got a pet yet??!! May I suggest the Wacko pet!!! :D:D:D Trust me, it's the best!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Zeta

The Giant Enemy Crab is superior. >.>

BUT IF THE ENEMIES FLIP IT OVER IT'LL TAKE MASSIVE DAMAGE LOL

Posted by GameMiestro

If I got the Wacko pet, I couldn't even get it past level 8, so I'd be better off with my current pet.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Just trust me, da Wacko Pet is da best!!! Da more it costs, da better!!!! I'm not sure if I should reveal what's different about them all!!! I don't want to give too much info away!!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

Okay, I know the "secret", but I need to remind Jesse that it starts at level 6, which makes it impossible for Wacko Rat (even with it's "power") to catch up to the other monsters if it can currently level it up only 3 or 4 times, compared to at least 8 with other monsters.

Posted by Jesse Smith

ack!!!!!! grrrrr!!!!! I think I should of made them all start at level 1!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Da Wacko Rat starts at Level 1 now, and one new area has been added. Once I'm strong enough that they are easy, I'll add more in that place. Right now, when there are three of them...they destroy me!!!!!

Posted by Zeta

Lower the new enemies' evasion a bit. >_>

Posted by Jesse Smith

One has just 5, another 4, and one 15, which I knocked down to 10. I think the current version made them harder.

Posted by GameMiestro

This is a big step in the right direction. I'd rep you if I could.

And I finally can level up against these new monsters... I may only get 1 EXP per battle, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.

Posted by GameMiestro

-Leveling up magic does not do anything. My level 5 poison does the same amount of damage as level 1 poison.

-If you get a lot of strength, equip super heavy items, then move all your strength to something else, you still can still equip those items even if it goes over you max strength.

-Combat skills are amazing. I can get my strength over 120 with the "Power Up Attack".

Posted by Jesse Smith

>>>-Combat skills are amazing. I can get my strength over 120 with the "Power Up Attack".

That might be me and da way I created it!!! I'll post the two other bugs over there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

OK, HOW did this dude do this!!!!

22 battles, level 13!!!
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno.php?do=scan&u=13

Posted by GameMiestro

That's known as "power training" with a dummy. And it's coming very much in handy- my main character grew a level in a tenth of the time it would have taken otherwise!

Posted by Jesse Smith

What da heck??!! HOW do you do that!!! Is a 'dummp' another rpg player, aka, that trick we know of from an earlier version, where you fight some one strong and they let you kill them so you get bombed with experience points!!? I noticed he created atleast four accounts.

Posted by GameMiestro

Let me explain more in detail with examples from both.

Power bombing:

http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno.php?do=scan&u=3
Look at Max Mouse's stats. He was at level 2 when I started with him, and I killed myself with Poison multiple times to allow him to level up. He got an average of slightly over a level per battle. This really wasn't that hard, since all he had to do was attack once per battle. Also, since poison levels dont increase damage, I had to put a huge amount of magic points on my character to deal enough damage to kill my guys in one hit. Max Mouse also stole a huge amount of money...

Power training with a dummy:

This is essentially double bombing. I'm doing this with Purple Link because I want to get Adamant to a higher level than possible if only fighting monsters. Not only that, it's rather quick (about 6 battles per level up at the same level). Just think of the dummy as a virtual punching bag, except it levels-up at the same rate you do. Actually, he goes slightly faster than me because he doesn't have a pet.

I can write a big thread describing how I do this, and I can even let other people use him. Of course, this would also give lower level players the oppertunity to cheat or screw up the Purple Link account. Which is bad.

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrrr!!!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

[quote]Indeed the player training is still active within RPG Inferno as it stands with this version, if anyone remembers this was eradicated in v2.4 with a simple algorithm change, which meant you had to actually recieve damage to get experience, you had to recieve 80% HP damage to get the full EXP, capped at that incase players decided they wanted to hurt one another, heal and repeat to get the HP % damage further up.

We'll be implementing a similar system aswell as something else for the PvP battles, which will mean player training will be eradicated, as the loser will no longer just loose money, they will also loose experience, however they will not go down a level, instead their experience will go into a negative spectrum.

So while they may be able to level up 1 character, they will also but a huge experience lag on their own character.

Posted by GameMiestro

Do you think I care? They don't know that if you power bomb two similarly leveled characters, you can go over the maximum possible level. Look at Max Mouse. He is incredibly strong right now, but he hasn't even left Wackoland.

Posted by GameMiestro

It's no different than giving donations, really. People (like me) had to work really hard to get that exp early on. Now I'm just sharing it to anyone who asks.

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrr!!!!! A wise man once said...

Quoting GameMiestro: I thought we were done with donations... this isn't cool.

Remember what destroyed the last version??!! Giving donations, which made the game very easy.

Quoting PROF CHAOS: If GM and gang want to hang out here and try some things. Let them. I really want to know all the angles of how people try to break the game.

http://www.kallelmwars.com/forums/inferno.php

The game is much harder there, so the leveling up would have much more of a use there. Over here it's just about worthless!!! The game there goes up to about level 30 monsters.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Yes, any of the gang can check the place out. I am still in the process of setting up bots from level 30 on. I am not sure how far the game will go. It depends on how well people can progress. I based my bots on some of Decado's suggestions.

Posted by GameMiestro

There is no point in playing an online rpg like this unless you've played it since the day it is created. I could not possibly catch up to any of you since 1. you do way more battles in a day than I have time for, 2. you've already leveled up for quite some time, and 3. I'm having a lot of fun here, and I really dont think I'd find it fun there at all.

The problem here is that nobody is playing the game. I'm trying to encourage player participation by helping people get to an all around "standard" for level ups- level 16. If you don't fight other players, it is absolutely impossible to get past lv. 14. All Jesse has to do is add some new, tougher monsters, and rapid, player to player battles will dissapear! However, until that point, I'm going to encourage helping random players level up in a controlled environment. This is the big difference between this game and the others- it's far more difficult for exp donations to get out of hand since it takes much longer to do and you cant do it anonymously.

Most people don't even know how.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

GM, Jess is trying to get the feel for a game where people are not doing the "Power training with a dummy". Because that is not playing the game. That is breaking the game. Does it really matter that some people are several levels ahead and play a lot? Like I did on the Alpha 1 demo. A battle limit could be set to prevent the "people who play hours at a time". But then it would prevent a person who starts later on to get a chance to catch up.

I mainly got interested when Jess came over and presented the issues here on GZ/E. I am mainly giving him ideas to create a tougher game that is a challenge. Which is what the game should be. I think it would be fairer and more fun that way.

GM, you do remember me from the Alpha 1 demo game over at GZE?

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, I do remember you. You got to lv. 600 the last time I saw you. You were also particularly nasty to me, making it impossible for me to even discuss anything with you. You have to understand something- most of the "tricks" I tell people about are far less effective than I make them sound. Why? Because I want to raise awareness, and I want to give everyone a chance to expand the way they play.

I've given Jesse countless suggestions and even given him a "model" for a high level monster that I thought he should add to the game. I've even asked for the capability to add them myself if he didn't want to. Both these times I've been refused, so, instead of continuously harrassing him about it, I'm going to make the most with what we've got and try to help others do the same.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

GM, I am sorry for my nastiness at the time. I guess it was because I just did not want to be part of it. I had already obtained a high level by fighting variable leveled bots. By the way, I got to level 1250 before things got reset. Which is an idea for you guys here. An area where the bots are always a few levels ahead of you. That was the reason for hanging out at Firekrag and Fiery Cavarns. Minotaur was a variable leveled bot that would level me 50% EXP every time I beat him. This was because his level was 100 + % of me. Of course, his other stats needed to be variable as well. You can do this with every stat, including spells (Jelleye had 200% of your poison level)

These ideas need to be something that works for everybody. While actually playing the game. This "beating the dummy" is not playing the game.

Posted by GameMiestro

I dont really want them to add one of those monsters, because people will get to incredibly high levels by killing them over and over. Sometimes, limiting the level is a good thing, especially if they want to keep the challenge in the game.

Does the magic levels work in your game?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting PROF CHAOS: Minotaur was a variable leveled bot that would level me 50% EXP every time I beat him.

Yikes!!!!!!!! :eek: Is there a bot over there that does that now??!!!

[quote=GameMiestro]The problem here is that nobody is playing the game. I'm trying to encourage player participation

Most people probably won't play this version until the game is completly released and they make a game. Cause then it'll be the main game and link to at the header.

As you've noticed, I stink at making da games!! When the version is completly released, I'll have version 2, the current game, and hopefully add stuff, and the game they provide, aka, three RPG games.

Posted by GameMiestro

Sweet, I'm at lv. 18 now. And my pet has 500 HP.

:) :) :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: Sweet, I'm at lv. 18 now. And my pet has 500 HP.

:) :) :)

grrrr!!! But how did you get those level ups???!!! grrrr!!!!

I don't think I would want to add a variable leveled bot until really far in the game, like when you beat the last boss...then what. I would probably make a place with one of those bots show up, then as you level up even more, using Triggers, new areas show up with massivly stronger bots as you hit level XX, level XX..and so on. I think that's the only major change I'll make to the game that they make when the word 'beta' get's out of the version.

Only down side with 'Triggers' is that you have to be a programmer to understand it!!! grrrr!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

You is mas fantastico at creating games, Jesse, whether you-a think so o no. So please, I bega you, please-a create some new monsters, si?

You've reduced me to begging again...

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I am planning on giving him some evil ideas today. ;)

I have to admit that I like his game's theme. It is pretty cool.

Jesse, they got rid of Minotaur when they reset. There are no variable level bots in the Alpha 2 Demo. I guess ZT saw what I did and decided it was a bad idea. ;) But yes, you had to pretty much finish the game before you made it to Firekrag and Firey Cavern. It is a good idea for people who don't feel like continually creating new bots. The bots can get more challenging as they level up. So, you are in fact fighting a pretty tough battle.

GM, to answer your question, yes. The level increases work in my game. I gave Jesses my specs and he is presently using them now in your game. By the way, Poison takes a few levels before it actually shows any real increase in strength. So give it time.

Posted by GameMiestro

Lv. 20. Sweet.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I guess you will be needing my brawlers and mages. lol

I got to increase the poison and haste levels some. But otherwise they would do. They go up to level 30.

I am working on a more intense group for the 31-40... You could get up to 13 monsters fighting against you. lol

I have to admit you got the payouts set pretty well. It seems that it is pretty tough to gain any amount of gil. But I have not been in that many fights at Dark Cave. So I don't know how high the payout there is.

I also got a big kick out of the Wacko pet. Pretty cool idea. ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Few changes to the game....

[quote=PROF CHAOS]lowered MP cost some. Because those MP costs are really for a default MP of 100 or more. Created a seal on the spell levels....3 for healing light and 15 for poison. I am sure the gang is going to love that. But ZT and Decado suggest doing that. Create more expensing spells later with higher seals. Healing light 2 and poison 2. I also added 10 to Imp's HP. Was going to mess with Bat. But felt Bat did more damage with an STR of 12.

PROF CHAOS has admin access to the game.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Level 12-15 area added. It is Cave Tunnel. You get to it from Dark Cave. Sorry GM. The level 24- 30 area will be setup in a couple days. I still need to create a level 15 - 23 area first. I also need to add a spell.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Jesse Smith]PROF CHAOS has admin access to the game.

Well, it's better than nothing. Cave Tunnel is way too difficult, it's tough for me and I'm at level 20. Give the monsters lower speed, evasion and slightly less attack attack and defense, and it should be more fair.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I actually thought it was easy. But you are probably right. The EVA and SPD are probably still based on the game where EVA and SPD are set to 2 points per attribute.

The STR and DEF are staying though. But I will lower the SPD and EVA.

Posted by GameMiestro

Check out my PM. How does creating a storyline of chained quests sound? Can you add bosses to an area with a trigger (for example, can you make a boss appear after accepting a quest)?

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I just beat Demon Bull as a level 9. So I feel the lowering of EVA and SPD is sufficient.

Hint: the guys do not have very high MAG DEF. In fact, Demon Bull's is 0.

To answer your question, I think you can get boses by accepting certain quests. I believe that was done at GZE. But, I have not messed with quests yet. That was going to be done when KW is considered complete.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah... you said that. :P

Edit: Like I said before, magic absolutely sucks in this game. Until level ups for magic actually work, it doesn't make any sense to use them.

Posted by GameMiestro

Do we really have to reset our accounts with the next version?

Posted by PROF CHAOS

No

Because KW went from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 without a reset. But if Jesse wants the accounts reset for other reasons. It is up to him.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: Do we really have to reset our accounts with the next version?

When the final version is released, and they make a game, that'll have it's own database, so it won't replace the current game!!! And the current version 2 game will still be here.

Quoting GameMiestro: Well, it's better than nothing.

An idea that I got, once the game is released and a bunch of players have a lot of experience of playing the game, I might let people make their own game using their own database, using the current game as a template that you can change around. You would be the admin of your game and you might get your own board here. Zero Tolerance might release a version that doesn't even need vBulletin. That would make it much easior to set-up.

http://www.vgchat.com/inferno.php?do=Profile
now has a link to the newer version, in the header. That should get some more players to this version.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Added a level 18 Boss in Cavern Cave. You get there from Cave Tunnel. I will think about the regular bots sometime today. I may also decide where to add the new spell for sale.

Warning: The monster has swords. So it is stronger than its stats. The good thing is you get a special weapon if you beat the monster. Have fun.

edit: added spell to Spell Shop. Check it out.

Also made some modifications to the boss to make it a bit harder.

Posted by GameMiestro

You know, you might want to make some easier areas... cause the only people who can go to these places are me, you, and Max Mouse (and he doesn't even play any more).

Posted by PROF CHAOS

You said you were bored. So I am trying to make an area so you guys can actually fight to level up. I think that would be more fun than bombing. What do you think?

There is no gap between Molly's Nipple and Dark Cave. Jesse did a great job there.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Curious convo in the Dark Cave shoutbox..... lol

Read from the bottom up. I thought you wanted bots, GM. It seems you are just interested in leveling up by bombing. No skill there.

[quote]Koloth: I am doing this per Jesse's ideas. I now see why he did not bother adding bots passed Dark Cave.
Koloth: I am copying this convo and putting it on that thread. I am not trying to compete with you guys. I am just trying to make bots for you. I thought that was what GM wanted.
Purple Link: 35 x 2, I meean
Purple Link: Cause thats 30 x 2
Koloth: Why? level 70?
Adamant: ugh
Adamant: I have to be at lv. 70 by tommorrow?
Purple Link: LV 35???
Koloth: I just need to modify them per the attribute setup here from the attribute setup at KW
Koloth: Give me a couple days, I will have bots up to level 35 by tomorrow

Posted by GameMiestro

I was joking when I was talking to you (I'm going to stop and wait for bots at lv. 36)... and what I'm doing isn't bombing, it's power training. I actually find it more satisfying than killing bots.

A real suggestion: add multiplayer battles against really tough bosses. By this I mean allowing 2 or more people to team up against certain bots.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

OK.

It takes some time to setup the right bots. You have to consider the point additions and the attributes added to the different pets. UGGGHH! I believe the next area is going to be easier than my usual setups.

I also needed to add a component for the winnings for the level 15-25 area. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to start adding the higher components. So please be patient.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

OK, Cave Cavern has regular bots. It is a continuation of the Wacko theme. I hope Jesse does not mind. I created more bots using his image.

If they need a monster build (instant kill percentage and weak spots), please let me know.

Posted by GameMiestro

Cool. I like the description of the area, it fits well with the monsters... :)

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I am looking into the Poison issue. I believe Poison should get an increase somewhere. Hopefully, you do not have the same problems with other spells. I setup Haste. You will really see a game problem, if that spell does not increase properly. The spells increase fine over at KW. It may be a central setup problem. I am kinda tired of Inferno Issues right now. I will get back to things tomorrow. I may have to write ZT about your effector increase problems.

Posted by GameMiestro

Wow, those wacko bots are tough. I don't even want to know what Lv. 30 bots are like...

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I will try to be nice. ;) After all, it is all about having fun.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I tried killing the Demon Bull boss in the cave yesterday and he was no trouble, while I couldn't even touch the Minotaur!!! Luckly Demon Bull gives out good experience!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

WOOOWEEEEEE You have won your battle against the opponent(s) Wacko 1, Wacko 2 and gained 52 EXP.

I did it at level 15. Advanced to level 16. So they are not that tough.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

WOOOWEEEEEE You have won your battle against the opponent(s) Wacko 1, Wacko 2 and gained 52 EXP.

I did it at level 15. Advanced to level 16. So they are not that tough. I did lower the EVA a bit.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting PROF CHAOS: I did it at level 15. Advanced to level 16. So they are not that tough.

LOL!! I'm at Level 9!! Ack, it'll be a while before I fight da Wackos!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

LOL!!! Let me define 'a while'...just five hours later, and I killed two of them at Level 13.

As a wise man once said...If you've got the cash, buy Haste.

Though I didn't have it when I killed the Centaur boss. I just let him run out of magic so he stoped using haste...and then I killed him.

er, GameMiestro, what level were you at when you killed him!!! :D

Posted by PROF CHAOS

That's pretty **** good, Jesse. ;)

It will probably be a while before you and I beat the Wacho Brawlers and Mages. I wonder what GM does today. ;)

Yesh, Haste is a pretty cool spell. Copycat's signature spell. lol

I may wait until tomorrow for the level 30-40 area. I got it outlined. But I got a lot to do at KW today.

And GM, I added the components and crafting tool today. I also added a couple combinations to make other components.

Posted by GameMiestro

Wacko's are tough if you're facing more than 5 of them... and before you messed around with their evade.

Oh, I beat that harpie boss in two attacks. You should give him more defense... a lot more.

EDIT: The new bots are rediculously easy. Just give yourself a lot of defense, and you will eventually win. Plus, it's "wacko" brawler 1, not "wackp" brawler 1.

Just had to throw that in there... :)

Posted by GameMiestro

Why haste (and all other spells) fails. Bob used a level 2 haste, I used a level 3 haste. Notice the stats.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I talked to ZT about the Effector problems. He said for you (Jesse) to start a thread in the support forum for customers. I imagine that will get the best attention.

We did all we could here. There may be a serious problem with Inferno and effect settings or we need to set limits. Which at moment is set to 0. Meaning no limits.

I will adjust the Brawlers, Mages and Harpy tomorrow. I had a really bad day today with setups. I setup a lot of areas today.

Posted by GameMiestro

The easy way to get around the level up problem is to 1. have more powerful, more expensive spells, and 2. have magic and magic defense be worth 2 each, just like strength and defense.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

ZT needs to resolve the problem, GM.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Added Cave Cavern Alter. There is no boss. Just bots. There will be one more boss to the next area. I promise it will be pretty tough.

It might be a good idea to setup a quest for an enchantment. What was done at GZE was that you play a couple rounds of TT with a NPC and afterward you get the enchantment. The NPC could be set at any of the city or town locations. Cave Cavern Alter will have an alter for the enchantment to get equipped any of your weapons. Enchantments can do all kinds of neat things. I may setup one to add STR and DEF to a weapon. That is the basic enchantment. Of course the weapon needs to have a certain amount of enchantment to do this.

I could also setup a special shop at the final location for a final special reward for beating the level 50 boss.

Added note: Jesse and I are already beating the Brawlers and Mages at level 17, 18 and 19. lol

edit: added Boss in Cave Hidden Nest. You get to there from Cave Cavern Alter. It should take a few days before somebody can beat that guy. ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

[IMG]http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5702/beatdragonyg5.jpg[/IMG]

BELIEVE IT. Give him an extra 150 attack, and we might have a difficult boss...

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Done

Live and learn. lol

No way a level 36 should be able to beat this guy.

Also added an enchantment at the Wacko store. Check it out. You equip it at the Alter of the Cave at Cave Cavern Alter.

Also, created a high powered spell (Fire Ball). It is for sale at the Spell Shop. GM is presently testing it now.

Posted by GameMiestro

I've finished testing, and I can tell you that it's basically a super powerful version of Poison. You still shouldn't use it, though- level ups on it don't work. If you happen to have 5000 gil, and are training against Wacko's or below, this could be a good option. Anything higher, and the spell wont do anything.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

What you are saying is that spells are not getting stronger when they level up. I wonder if this is because of a screwy algorithm setting. Spells were pretty pathetic on 2.4 too.

I may do some serious checking over at KW. But I thought that I saw a change with Haste. But it could be just the added turns.

One of the reasons Fire Ball is pathetic at Cave Cavern Alter is because Harpy and Cyclops have MAG DEF. I wonder if setting effector limits does anything. I will set the effector limits of poison, to 10. It could make things worse. But I have been wondering what setting a effector limit would do. It has to do with how much MAG and MAG DEF effect a spell. I think poison may of had a tight effector limit in Alpha 1. Because it really did not matter what MAG you had. Poison did the same thing. But it did level up.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[quote]The amount is calculated using several variables, the 2 most importing being MAG, from the person who is casting the spell, and MAG DEF, from the person the spell is being casted on.

But anyway, MAG and MAG DEF, and the spell effector amount, which can become bigger as the spell level increases. Now this means the the "potential" amount a spell can do increases, not that it "will". As you may of noticed, the system doesn't produce a set amount of damage for each attack, they can all change between a range.

So yea, getting a spell level increased doesn't mean you "will" do more, it means you "can" do more

GameMiestro, bomb one of your players with a lot of MAG and see what the spells do.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

What that is telling me is that ZT messed with the algorithim settings of spell increases so they don't improve much per level up. Alpha 1 showed a more significant change.

I think there is too much nonsense setup in the alpha 2 version to prevent a person from getting any kind of real increase in anything besides strength. The only thing that has no controls are weapons. So it has become a Champion kind of a game. Build up your STR, DEF, EVA and SPD and you will beat everything. Not too many real options in a fight. Even DEX has proved not to be too important, if your STR is really high with really strong weapons. I learned that beating a bot at GZE called Iaki.

Please parden my rant.

But that is how I always did fights in 2.4. Building up my STR was priority. My highest stat. I then got the sword with the highest STR rating and just clubbered bots that were way higher than me, because of my STR.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Added spell Super Heal. It is in the Spell Shop at Rio Linda.

Super Heal and Fire Ball will not have level limits. Poison and Haste's level limit is 15. Healing Light is level 5.

Posted by GameMiestro

1. Please change the Giant Ape so that it either A. appears less, or B. gives more EXP.

2. I think the problem with version 3 is monsters only attack your pet first, meaning you can have nothing but attack points on your character and nothing but defense points on your pet. Which is what any successful player does. Because of this, attack and defense have been saturated to the point where increasing HP at all is a completely ineffective.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

GM, the monsters attack whoever has the lowest HP. At least that is what I have seen. Traditionally I set the pet with lower HP. I noticed another player that set their pet with higher HP and the monsters attacked her. You can also see this if your pet dies and you get attacked. You heal pet, giving your pet HP. If you happen to have lower HP left, the monsters may start to go after you. So the game plan is to keep a high defense and/or evasion on pet, so the monsters attack it. I have started putting EVA on pet and hasting pet to create a huge EVA. That seems to work pretty well too. Not to mention it gives the pet SPD to heal more often if needed. I also added MAG and MP to pet so it can have some attack function with Fire Ball. With MAG, Fire Ball can be a good attack. I have beaten Cyclops with it. Harpy still has too much MAG DEF, for my pet, right now.

OK, I increased Giant Apes level by 2 and increased Cyclops encounter settings. Harpy will still be a low encounter. ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

As I told you in the game, magic has some problems. It doesn't seem to work against harpies, evend if you have many points over thier magic defense.

Also, I never really cared for evade- it works, sometimes, but not always. And if it doesnt work, you're dead.

Posted by GameMiestro

Forget it, Koloth- no matter how tough you make an enemy, I will figure out a way to beat it. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ugggg!!!! That's because you leveld up way more than the rest of us will, where you're at in da game. Next time try not to cheat with the leveling up trick!!!

We can't give you very much of a challenge because then the rest of us wont be able to kill them at all!!!!

Did you try the magic trick of giving your player more MAG to see if that for example does more poison on the bot?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Uggg!!! I think those Cave Cavern Alter monsters were made just for GameMiestro!!!! It's probably not a good idea to take advice form him when it comes to the challenge of bots...unless he says they are easy!!!!! Easy for him = A challenge for the rest of us!!!!! :D

Posted by PROF CHAOS

GM forgot to mention that I created a spell, last night, that does some amazing things. Check it out at the Spell Shop. ;)

I am beating the guys at the Cave Cavern Alter with some help from that spell. ;)

I also adjusted that bot a little. I may decide to adjust it back. GM, you know what I mean. ;)

You're right, Jesse. I got to think before I take GM's advice. :lol:

Posted by GameMiestro

Did I SAY the bot was easy? That bot was quite difficult, and it was a fun fight, too, which is all I really wanted. If I really cared about leveling up right now, I would do the training method I was doing before.

And you might care that I just gained 8 levels in the last 10 minutes because of that bot...

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm not sure how useful most of the magic really is, with it being 'messed up' now. For example, at the rate of spells geting better, not too far in the game from where we are now, it might not be very usefull. Otherwise for example, I would of massivly leveled up the poison spell, like we did over there back in the first testing version, when magic really did level up!!!

My pet does most of the spells...HP, and if the main player ever needs it, Haste. My main character just uses magic if my pet dies and needs HP...before the bots kill my main player with one hit!!!! I think I will get my pet this new attack spell just so it can give damage to the bots!!!!

Quoting GameMiestro: That bot was quite difficult.

Which means it's stats probably need to come down by about half for da rest of us!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Jesse, it is a level 70. Which will keep GM busy for a little while.

I am making the level of the bot's spells higher again. lol Increasing MAG too.

Posted by GameMiestro

Can you add triple triad cards to this? Maybe you could add some of those card designs [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=12254]here[/url] that Jesse conveniently ignored.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ack!! About Fireball, I was right...though it didn't take long at all to be just about worthless...advance to one new area was all it took!! This is what I mean with ZTs new magic changes being crummy. Damage only being 19 to Cyclops and spending for ever leveling up on it won't do anything. ZT sure knows how to do a crummy job with magic!!! I'm suprised no one else has complained about it.

[quote=Zero Tolerance]That is not the case, you don't need to improve MAG/MAG DEF, if the spell itself gets better as it levels up then simply level 50 would have the potential to do far more than a level 1 spell.

With that said, if a user had an extremely high MAG, and a low level spell, and a user had a high level spell, but very little MAG, you might find that they are both outputting spells that are doing the same or similar effects, as MAG contributes to the effector amount, as does MAG DEF.

Could some one translate this in to English!!!!

Level 50 will not be like level 1, yet it will only 'have the potential to do far more than a level 1 spell'. okay....

Definitions of potential on the Web:

* the inherent capacity for coming into being
* possible but not yet in existence.
* anything that may be possible

Posted by PROF CHAOS

cool card

I was thinking of that, last night. I guess we have a section in the control panel somewhere. GM, let me know if the new settings for UW is way too hard. If it just gives you more of a challenge, the settings are fine. I don't want it impossible. I just don't want it to be too easy.

Posted by GameMiestro

He (Zero Tolerance) means that the only thing that increases when you level up magic is the maximum possible damage. This is complete phooey, as I can make Fireball do far more damage than the level limit says it can.

EDIT: The new wacko is not too challenging at all. In fact, it's just about right- the only problem is, once he starts using his healing spells, he's impossible to beat.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

ZT is simply enjoying reading his own tech speak. What I think he is saying is that a person could technically do the same thing with a high MAG as leveling up a spell to a high level. But, I am coming to conclusion, with the new spell level settings, ZT made, MAG does a hell of a lot more to a spell than the spell level. As for the power of the spell. The only thing that spell level does is increase turns if the turns are added during a level up.

Jesse, checkout what GM and I did to our pet. Our pets are essentually the ones casting the spells. Remember, the key is haste and the pet's MAG and SPD. ;)

Also, please tell ZT that the person, setting up the bots, needs to be able to give different spell levels to different spells.

For example set haste to level 5
and Super Heal to______ level 2

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm starting to think that he is moving to more of a Final Fantasy 1 environment than a Final Fantasy 2 one that we have been used to. This means we'll have a whole chain of increaingly powerful spells, which we can only buy when we have enough Arcane and MP. Koloth (PROF CHAOS?) is doing a good job with this, as we can see by the Fireball/Poison and different healing combinations.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

About the TT cards. Jesse needs to upload the cards in the right place in his FTP directory. At the moment, there are no cards in the directory. Maybe, we can select some cards for the particular card levels, up to level 7.

Thank you for the compliment, GM. ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting PROF CHAOS: Our pets are essentually the ones casting the spells. Remember, the key is haste and the pet's MAG and SPD. ;)

Right. That's what I've been doing. Though I use SPD and DEF for the pet. I think MAG is worthless. I just did some tests. Using phpMyAdmin I gave my pet 100 MAG and 500 MAG, then back to 0 MAG. Here's what the damage was....

-117 Great Ape 100 MAG
-117 Great Ape 500 MAG
-128 Great Ape 0 MAG

Mag is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Hmm, Giant Ape has 0 MAG DEF. Last night, GM and I bolstered our MAG on our pets. It depends on the spells, Jesse. If you use the high powered spells, Fire Ball, Haste, Super heal and Power Ball, MAG makes a big difference. Poison and healing light will not show much of an improvement.

-128 damage with 0 MAG. That is impossible with any of the spells. The best Fire Ball will do with 5 MAG is -53 damage. Your test is warped, Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, then why did it do -128 damage when my pet did it...TWICE!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! Now it's doing 54 damage...back to being worthless again!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! This script is smoking crack!!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Jesse Smith: er, then why did it do -128 damage when my pet did it...TWICE!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! Now it's doing 54 damage...back to being worthless again!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! This script is smoking crack!!!!

I have no idea what is going on, Jesse. Hopefully, I will catch you, at the game, again. Trust me, GM needed me to show him how this crazy idea, of mine, works. MAG does significantly help the power of spells in the long run. It is not consistant. But neither is STR.

Posted by GameMiestro

All I know is that more magic means more strength, and that's all I want.

My idea is that in addition to levels, we will have "sets" of hands that people can buy. My Metroid set is entirely in the thread, and I believe it includes Samus, Meta Ridley, Kraid, Metroid, and Trace.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time...

MAG 500, Giant Ape, -479
MAG 250, Giant Ape, - 244
MAG 5, Giant Ape, -54

Posted by GameMiestro

I've noticed that as you magic gets higher and higher, a damage randomizer gets bigger and bigger. This sometimes can get really annoying when you get a low Power Up hit and lose 100 points of Strength.

Posted by GameMiestro

That was one helluva battle. If you aren't level 60 or higher, don't even attempt this- it's just that hard. I was rather lucky, and even then, it was extremely hard- that Materialize Earth spell is incredibly nasty. Thank goodness for Haste...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, GM, try fighting with 1,000 MAG and use magic and you're pet has the defence and get's hit!!! You'll destroy them!!!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Any more thoughts on the TT cards? We could use the standard cards from 2.4 for a start. Then go to some of the custom cards GM suggested.

note: also the game seems to be lacking in legends and gifs. There are only legends for towns, ghost towns, caves and gifs for towns, ghost towns, caves and beaches. I made a beach. But had to use a cave legend. I really wanted to create a forest.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The cards are there, but it generates errors.

http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/

Posted by PROF CHAOS

TT error message when trying to add card from your set.:

[quote]Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /inferno/engine/inferno_engine.php on line 0

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /inferno/engine/inferno_engine.php on line 0

I think this message is saying that something is not installed right. I viewed the set and added a card. I could not find any image. So I have a card with no image. Scan me to find out. Somebody needs to ask ZT what the error means.

The problem seems to be either this file, inferno_engine.php or a setup parameter is wrong.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Increased stat boundaries, for characters, for STR, DEF, MAG and MAG DEF to 3000 in the default settings. (from 1000). Jesse, if you feel that I set them too high, please tell me. GM already hit the STR boundary of 1000. I have created bots that passed these stats.

I am also going to create an area, with bots, that are between Ultimate Wacko and and Cavern Alter.

edit: I have also been informed that there may be a need for another path, from Dark Cave or there abouts, which is for more players. I have been told that the areas I added maybe too tough. I would like to keep the areas for the challenge. But have the other areas for training.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Copy of IM I had with ZT:

profchaos2 says:
Hello... sorry to bother you so soon after you logged. I also noticed that you are set to busy. But I have some problems I need to discuss with you. If you have time
Zero Tolerance // Silent In Noise, Dark In Light, Inhuman In Humanity... (Woot got a job interview) says:
go ahead
profchaos2 says:
than you. As you may know, I am also helping Nintendo now with his game
profchaos2 says:
He appears to have some serious errors in his Triple Triad setup
Zero Tolerance // Silent In Noise, Dark In Light, Inhuman In Humanity... (Woot got a job interview) says:
such as?
profchaos2 says:
I will try to copy the message. It is a php file error
profchaos2 says:
TT error message when trying to add card from your set.:

Quote:
Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /inferno/engine/inferno_engine.php on line 0

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /inferno/engine/inferno_engine.php on line 0

line 0?
that makes no sense
is this occuring when you select your cards to battle with?
ah i see
he hasn't uploaded the TT images
or, when he installed the TT pack, the directories didn't have the correct CHMOD settings
tell him to remove all TT sets/cards, and chmod the directories as they should be, then install the FF8 TT Pack
profchaos2 says:
This is the link to his directory. http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/
right, thats wrong
redcards/ and bluecards/ should be within:
./inferno/triad/sets/Final Fantasy/

like i said, tell him to do what i just told you
profchaos2 says:
ok, so his set is in the wrong directory. They need to be in /inferno/triad/Final Fantasy
profchaos2 says:
I will save this IM and give it to him.
no he hasn't
when you import a pack, it automatically creates the directories and such
but if the rpg pack doesn't work tell him to use the manual install pack

From the IM, I learned that red card, blue card images need to be in directory /inferno/triad/sets/Final Fantasy
Highlighted stuff is important instructions from ZT. Hopefully this resolves the problem, Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Does

http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/

look correct!!! It sure would of just been nice if he had just included all the images in the download with every thing else where everything goes.

The error still shows up!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

If you are still getting the error, there must be something else wrong with the installation. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: IT'S WORKING!!!!!

I just needed to remove your set and add a new one. All is fine. I just need to know what to name the cards. I will go thru that with GM tomorrow.

I created 2 cards and just gave the mayor 5 of each. We had a draw. All level 1 cards. Yeah

Scan me. You will see I played one game. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Awhile ago I tried going to omegarpg.net to get ideas for the card game...but the crazy dude closed the site down!!!! grrrr!!!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I am going to concentrate on the TT today. I need to rethink my game plan for the training areas. I may decide to continue it from Molley's Nipple. Instead of Dark Cave.

As for getting special weapons, I may have them created by special NPC's through quests.

Posted by GameMiestro

Name: Geezard

Lv. 1

Up: 1
Right: 4
Down: 1
Left: 5

Blue Card: http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/bluecards/1.gif
Red Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/redcards/1.gif

Name: Funguar

Lv. 1

Up: 5
Right: 1
Left: 3

Blue Card: http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/bluecards/2.gif
Red Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/redcards/2.gif

Name: Bite Bug

Lv. 1

Up: 1
Right: 3
Down: 3

Blue Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/bluecards/3.gif
Red Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/redcards/3.gif

Name: Red Bat

Lv. 1

Up: 6
Right: 1
Left: 2

Blue Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/bluecards/4.gif
Red Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/redcards/4.gif

Name:Blobra

Lv. 1

Up: 2
Right: 3

Blue Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/bluecards/5.gif
Red Card:
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno/triad/sets/Final%20Fantasy/redcards/4.gif

I hope this helps a little, PROF CHAOS.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Yes it does. I am done for the day. By the time I am done setting up the Triple Triad, I will have the cards memorized from a site GM provided. Hopefully I understand how to add the cards from here on. I also have the legend for the different elements. Thanks to GM.

Our first NPC is at Wackoland.

Introducing the Wacko Mayor

http://ideas01.com/pics/WackoMayor.jpg

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I notice that Dragon Knight has a link at the top of the forum now. While the Inferno link still goes to 2.4. I think this may be the reason not too many people are going to the 3.0 game. Because the link is not easily available. Just a thought.

Posted by Jesse Smith

version 2 has a header link to version 3. Once they FINALLY release the final version and make a game, I'll change the current link.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I found it. ;)

I don't play the 2.4 version here. So I didn't see it.

There are a lot of things that need to be done with 3.0 before it can go to final release. I saw your suggestion for a stand alone game. He actually is thinking about it. That would be cool not having to have a particular forum system to have it.

By the way, I am totally addicted to Dragon Knight and have no idea why. lol

Posted by PROF CHAOS

New area created. Entrance to Cave of Doom. There is only one monster. But the cave will be harder than the last Cave. Also created a new component for swords.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I will create some quests.

Posted by GameMiestro

And now the toughest monster has 20000 HP.

And, uh, we got this cool new spell that increases EVA by a huge amount, and there's also a new component that can be sold for over 1.5 million wackler.

Posted by Zabuza

How about customization? You pay to customize your weapons with abilitys and strength and other ****.

Posted by GameMiestro

It's called Enchantments, and there are a good number of them already out. Just buy them at Island Zeekois or Demonic City (for the better ones).

Posted by Zabuza

Ok, but what I ment was like instead of the weapon looking the same it could change color or form or something like that unless it already does.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

There is an option in the weapons setup to do it. You can also modify the image of the weapon or shield as long as it remains what it was built.

You just scan the weapon/shield/armour/helm or boots by selecting customize. There is all kinds of stuff you can do. Just mess around with "my inventory". Note: you can only change the image when you build the item. But you can modify the color anytime.

edit: Jesse, when I try to customize the weapon's color, I get the following error. It appears to be a VB error.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

As suspected it is a VB setting problem, Jesse.

I chose to copy ZT's responce for you.

[quote]What GD settings do you have set for your forum in your vb options? If the setting is not found for GD succession then the system will not allow it as customise items needs the GD library to work.

Your GD settings can be found in: vBOptions -> Image Settings

- Zero Tolerance

Posted by Jesse Smith

The 'GD Version' had to be selected.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I would not of know of the problem if it had not been for Zabuza asking about customizing weapons. lol

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Something tells me that the bank is not giving out interest. I checked the settings and it looked fine. I have no idea why it is not doing it. Let me check again.

Posted by GameMiestro

It doesn't, don't ask me why...

Posted by PROF CHAOS

It is not a bug with Inferno. Because it has worked in all the other games I have been on. Even back to Alpha 1. I wonder what this bug is. There isn't even an error message I can post. Well, Inferno 3.0 has an Alpha 3. Maybe the upgrade would help.

Hint hint. lol

Posted by Jesse Smith

I never got the PM about the Interest. Yah, I think I should try upgrading. The last update was a major pain to do, and I think he said it wouldn't be too long until the next upgrade!!!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

It is up to you. Because I believe the interest problem may have more to do with a setting than the version. Since interest worked, on other games, in Alpha 1.

I wish I knew where to start with this. Maybe you can just post about not receiving interest and see if ZT can come up with a suggestion. It could be just a bad php file.

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I think I'm the only one that has trouble with each upgrade!!!!!!!!!

This is why I got it on it's own database and not with the main database here!!!!! Alpha/BETA = NOT good to be with something that's not in BETA!!!!

I don't trust very mush stuff that's in testing.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

That is why some admins are waiting for final release. But a final release can have bugs too.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Jesse Smith]grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I think I'm the only one that has trouble with each upgrade!!!!!!!!!

This is why I got it on it's own database and not with the main database here!!!!! Alpha/BETA = NOT good to be with something that's not in BETA!!!!

I don't trust very mush stuff that's in testing.

You know, Jesse... if you got the upgrade... it probably would work...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: You know, Jesse... if you got the upgrade... it probably would work...

er, the upgrade is what caused the error.

Any one notice any changes to the current version? Any bugs fixed??

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I bet the attack type problem, with pets, never got fixed. GRRR

Posted by PROF CHAOS

For some reason, I cannot upload images for backgrounds for places. I can upload images for monsters. I wonder why. Also, I noticed in the RPG ACP, that it says you are running Alpha 2. But in order to run the ACP, from your RPG CP, you need to be running Alpha 3. Oh well, Alpha 4 is out and I already fround two bugs in it. ZT did come up with the bug fixes. But I am sure I will find others. I am sure Alpha 5 is going to come out soon.

I really wish ZT would come up with a version that did not require any kind of forum format. A version that only needed SQL and a php database. That would probably also really pick up his business. I would imagine it would be more expensive. But you would also not need a $185.00 for a forum software license (cost of an IPB lifetime license) with the yearly upgrade costs. That would probably get people who do not want to bother with forums period.

Posted by GameMiestro

So... does the forum have Alpha 4 yet?