Halo Director Announced

Posted by Alastor

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=24139
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0088955/

I don't really have anything to add since I've never even heard of the guy, but whatever. Discuss.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's it. Halo's finished.

Seriously though, it's going to suck. Not only because it's a video game movie, but because it's being directed by an unknown.

Posted by Dog

I actually agree with Vampiro. I can't see any good coming from this movie.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Unless this comes out and everyone and their mother says its
the best movie ever, I will not be seeing it. Halo died for me
a while ago, and honestly, a movie about it is going to blow.
Lets take Doom for instance. It was ok, I enjoyed parts, but
actually, it blew!

Posted by Bebop

Yes! Hopefully this will kill off a video game series that should have been aborted!

Posted by maian

Wait, wasn't Peter Jackson supposed to do this?

:cookie:

Well, with Peter Jackson, it might suck. With an unknown, it will suck.

Quoted post: Wait, wasn't Peter Jackson supposed to do this?

Just the producer.

Posted by Zeta

Could've been worse. Could've been Uwe Boll.

I wish it was. At least it would be bad in the funniest way possible.

Posted by Poco

i think i should direct the halo movie

Posted by Crazy K

I'm sure it will do well in theatre's mainly for the fact of all the Halo fan boys flocking there to go see it.

Posted by Red

Quoting Shalien: I actually agree with Vampiro. I can't see any good coming from this movie.

of course you agree with vampiro everyone does this movie is going to suck I knew it was going to suck from the start, that does'nt mean ya gotta go an agree with vamp ya lil suckup XD

Posted by Poco

Quoting Crazy K: I'm sure it will do well in theatre's mainly for the fact of all the Halo fan boys flocking there to go see it.

it's going to be like Xbox REAL LIFE

ave 12 year olds insult your mother, sexuality, and race if you disagree with them on somethin about halo!

Posted by Dog

Quoting Mr.Red: of course you agree with vampiro everyone does this movie is going to suck I knew it was going to suck from the start, that does'nt mean ya gotta go an agree with vamp ya lil suckup XD
I kind of do if he said it all for me.

Quoted post: of course you agree with vampiro everyone does this movie is going to suck I knew it was going to suck from the start, that does'nt mean ya gotta go an agree with vamp ya lil suckup XD

Or maybe I just happened to say it first in this thread and it has absolutely nothing to do with being a "suckup"? :rolleyes:

Posted by Axis

Nobody has bothered to watch his short film, have they? A lot of people at some movie boards I go to say that the short film he had was good and that they now have some promise in the film.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Axis: Nobody has bothered to watch his short film, have they? A lot of people at some movie boards I go to say that the short film he had and that they now have some promise in the film.

Burnie Burns, the director of Red vs Blue (which is where I found the links), seems to think the same thing.

[quote]So, it looks like the Halo Movie finally has it's director. You should check this interview on Ain't It Cool with the director, Neill Blomkamp. Based on his previous work like [url=http://www.spyfilms.com/sr_whatsnew/default.asp?mv=1.mov&&w=1001&h=731]Alive in Joburg[/url] and his [url=http://www.spyfilms.com/sr_whatsnew/display_full.asp?mv=7.mov&nos=28]Citroen commercial[/url], I think it's safe to say that our favorite game's storyline is in very, very good hands.

Still, I'm not going to pass any judgement until I see it. I'll probably enjoy it since I've liked both games as well as all of the books, but who knows. :o

The only thing I really want is for them to keep most, if not all, of the oringinal VAs for the major characters. Steve Downes as Chief's VA, please.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: but because it's being directed by an unknown.

Yeh man. You can't trust an unkown directer to make a great action and sci fi film.

Oh wait....Star Wars, The Matrix, Batman Begins? End of itnerent oh shi-

Quoted post: Yeh man. You can't trust an unkown directer to make a great action and sci fi film.

Oh wait....Star Wars, The Matrix, Batman Begins? End of itnerent oh shi-

i see what you did there. But my point stands. Video game films are destined to be a disaster. Even worse when it's a Halo movie. Even worse when it's directed by an unknown. Too many things are stacked against it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I won't be seeing this, ever. The only thing I really got out of Halo was a mediocre FPS with a decent multiplayer function (below average if you're a PC gamer). Oh well, I guess massive sales of a video game constitutes the creation of a movie, even though I can guarantee the sales had NOTHING to do with the plotline.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Shin-Ra: Oh well, I guess massive sales of a video game constitutes the creation of a movie

'Sup, Final Fantasy VII? :kiss:

I'm going to see this simply because it's something to watch. VG movies tend to be baaaad, yeah, but I can't help but enjoy **** like Street Fighter or Advent Children. Hell, the DoA movie looks ****ing great in a kitsch kinda way, too.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: 'Sup, Final Fantasy VII?

I'm going to see this simply because it's something to watch. VG movies tend to be baaaad, yeah, but I can't help but enjoy **** like Street Fighter or Advent Children. Hell, the DoA movie looks ****ing great in a kitsch kinda way, too.

But but but... FFVII had a good story, the movie just uh didn't. At all. Did it even have one other than *EXLOSIONS!!!!!*? It did not. Ugh, c'mon a sequel to FFVII was pretty well justified in my opinion.

A Mario Brothers movie on the other hand is never justified.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]But but but... FFVII had a good story, the movie just uh didn't. At all. Did it even have one other than *EXLOSIONS!!!!!*? It did not. Ugh, c'mon a sequel to FFVII was pretty well justified in my opinion.
Considering I hate FFVII and I thought the plot was horrible, I just watched the movie to pay attention to the animation. Plotless pulp doesn't HAVE to be bad. :)

[quote]A Mario Brothers movie on the other hand is never justified.
Come on, man. EARLY NINETIES STEAMPUNK MUSHROOM KINGDOM. They need to make a game based on that game-based movie.

Quoted post: Hell, the DoA movie looks ****ing great in a kitsch kinda way, too.

Ugh, shut up. It's great in no sense of the word. It will probably be the worst film ever made.

Quoted post: A Mario Brothers movie on the other hand is never justified.

No way. It was justified. It managed to be so bad and so unlike the games that it was great (the same won't be said for DoA.)