Phil Harrison must have a scat fetish, because he can't stop talking crap

Posted by Klarth

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/bluray/phil-harrison-spins-another-bluray-lie-192737.php

[quote]We have shown more playable games than ever before, so the signs are good, and right now there are more than 100 Blu-ray movies available today, in the US. More than 100 games are in development, and all the major third-party publishers have pledged their strategic support for the platform.
I don't think he's fooling anyone. :/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No way, man. I saw it with my own eyes.

Though I found [url=http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152746]this quote[/url] on the topic of Blu-Ray to be slightly more amusing.

Posted by Klarth

Oh yeah, because obviously EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD will have uberfast broadband by the time PS4 is out.

Electronic distribution will NEVER take the place of removable media.

Posted by WackoHater2

For some reason, I read the title of this thread as "Paris Hilton must have a scat fetish, because she cant stop talking crap"

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Klarth: Oh yeah, because obviously EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD will have uberfast broadband by the time PS4 is out.

Electronic distribution will NEVER take the place of removable media.

It would eliminate sony's backwards compatabilty ability, too.

Posted by muffla

if there are no disks when the ps4 comes out (wich i agree with klarth not gonna hapen) wouldent that put stores like ebgames outa buisness?

Posted by Axis

Wait, am I the only whose pre-ordered a PS5? I suggest you all do the same, I'm selling my house so I can get one.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=muffla]if there are no disks when the ps4 comes out (wich i agree with klarth not gonna hapen) wouldent that put stores like ebgames outa buisness?

Yes, it would, it'd also put publishers out of business. Developers wouldn't need anyone to print discs, manuals and boxes for them when they can just put the game on the internet.

This is a great thing because then developers can make something original for once without worrying aabout having to convince a publisher to put it on sale for them, they can do it themselves. And since publishers and stores wouldn't get a cut the games would be cheaper.

This is already starting to happen with music. Some bands are starting to get popular through downloads alone, and they never had to get a record deal. And they get to keep way more of their money, so they can keep making a living on their music despite not selling millions of tracks.

Posted by Bebop

So Blu Ray is dead then? :c

I don't really see why people are making a big deal about this. From the way the music industry has going, and considering the likes of Xbox Live, I personally wouldnt be too suprised if games were downloaded instead of physically bought.

Speedfreak has mentioned the advantages. Are people angry at Phil because they don't share his opinion on downloading software, or because he's basically saying Blu Ray is pointless?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop]So Blu Ray is dead then? :c

I don't really see why people are making a big deal about this. From the way the music industry has going, and considering the likes of Xbox Live, I personally wouldnt be too suprised if games were downloaded instead of physically bought.

Speedfreak has mentioned the advantages. Are people angry at Phil because they don't share his opinion on downloading software, or because he's basically saying Blu Ray is pointless?

Where the heck did he say that?

Anyway, physical media isn't dead yet, but I don't expect it to exist in 30 years. Digital Distribution is better in every conceivable way.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Speedfreak has mentioned the advantages. Are people angry at Phil because they don't share his opinion on downloading software, or because he's basically saying Blu Ray is pointless?

No one's angry. It's just odd that he was saying "ZOMG BLU-RAY IS THE FUTURE" and now it's more of "meh, it won't be around in about five to seven years." He's basically telling people to not buy it, since they're wasting their money on dead technology.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Where the heck did he say that?

He didnt directly say it. Like Vamp said hes gone from "lol blue ray" to "lol internetesss". He's basically saying Blue Ray isnt the future anymore.