Prince of Persia

Posted by Bebop

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6155462.html

A tiny bit of news. I've only really played the first one in the newest series and enjoyed it alot. Hopefully Ubi can put the Wiimote to good use.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You should play Warrior Within, even though there ware those who hate it with a passion on some sort of bizaare set of principles - it's a good game.

Two Thrones I never bothered to get that far in, and I probably won't play it until I get the Wii, as I'm selling my GameCube in the next few weeks. It's fun, though.

I've heard rumours that this Wii version is a compilation. I've also heard rumours that, actually it's the originals on the VC. Who knows?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

WW was good in that "This shouldn't be the sequel to the Sands of Time" sort of way. Which isn't a good thing at all, since SoT was brilliant. It was just a fun game that didn't have enough puzzles, had way too much combat, and had a terrible sound track.

TT, however, was awesome. Almost as good as SoT, but the Dark Prince knocks it down a few notches for me.

Anywho, this better be a whole new game, not a port of the last games, not a compilation disc, and definitely not a 360/PS3 game on the Wii. Because if it is, it might as well never be made. I don't know about anyone else, but if it's a multi-platform title, I'll get it on the 360. No matter what new, neat controls the Wiimote has.

That's pretty much my feeling as well as regards multi-platform titles - except, of course, the cheaper Wii price.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]You should play Warrior Within, even though there ware those who hate it with a passion on some sort of bizaare set of principles - it's a good game.

Fuck you, sir.

Quoted post: That's pretty much my feeling as well as regards multi-platform titles - except, of course, the cheaper Wii price.

Price as in console price, or game price? Because **** game price. If it means I get a prettier game with more **** on the screen for ten bucks, then I'm all for it.

Game price. And now that I think about it, it really depends. If there's a significant difference in content, or controls, then I'll go for the better one. Graphics aren't that big an issue for me - if they mattered for that particular game, it probably wouldn't be on the Wii anyway.

Eh, I'm a bit of a graphics-whore. I just don't like playing a game that I know should, and could, look tons better. Luckily, in the case of the Wii, there's something to balance that, being the controls. Which, depending on the game, could make or break it.

Well, yeah. To be honest, I think the impression people have got of the Wii is that it's going to be blocky and horrible. And of course, that's not the case - it's more powerful than the Xbox, which was a very gutsy machine. It's just when people hear that the graphics aren't going to be as good as PS3 and Xbox 360, they make the subconscious association that it's not going to be as good as current-gen. I really don't think that the Wii graphics are anything we need to worry about or split hairs over.

No, definitely not. But you're right, that's what people think, as I tend to think from time to time. I guess seeing Wii Sports drilled it into my mind, even though I know games could look just as good as Twilight Princess and maybe even Ninja Gaiden. But still, that's not so great when you take into consideration what the 360 and the PS3 are supposed to be capable of. Even though the Wii will look great, if you play enough next-gen games, those "current-gen" graphics will start to show some age.

Yeah. But as I've said before, whenever you get a new game or demo, you spend about two minutes thinking OMG WATER EFFECTS and then you forget about the graphics and concentrate on the game. The N3 demo is a case in point - right at the start all the FMV with the eyes and everything is amazing, and when you go straight into the gameplay it's brilliant to see all these enemies on-screen at one time with no slowdown, but very soon you get to the point where you're just in the middle of a group of orcs just slashing about and it would be a lot more fun with fewer enemies on-screen.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I was never all that anal about the Prince of Persia storyline and all of that, but even I had to admit there was something funny going on in Warrior Within. "Um, yeah! The prince has time powers again, because...we said so!"

Posted by brownoystercult

Didn't Warrior Within have Godsmack as part of the soundtrack?

Doesn't match at all.

Quoted post: Yeah. But as I've said before, whenever you get a new game or demo, you spend about two minutes thinking OMG WATER EFFECTS and then you forget about the graphics and concentrate on the game.

I actually don't forget :( It adds tons to the gameplay itself for me. So, when concentrating on the game, I still realise it looks **** good. It's just something I never dismiss after thirty minutes of playing the game.

Quoted post: The N3 demo is a case in point - right at the start all the FMV with the eyes and everything is amazing, and when you go straight into the gameplay it's brilliant to see all these enemies on-screen at one time with no slowdown, but very soon you get to the point where you're just in the middle of a group of orcs just slashing about and it would be a lot more fun with fewer enemies on-screen.

I disagree. I couldn't even focus on how good it looked because the dialogue was so ****ing terrible. All I saw was ****ty text and terrible voice-overs that didn't even match the lip movement. Plus, I can't say the game would be more fun with less enemies on screen. The gameplay doesn't allow for it. It's the novelty which only keeps it exciting, and without that, I couldn't image ever being interested in the game.

Posted by s0ul

Derailment: N3 sucks.

On-topic: PoP rocks!