Pendragon series

Posted by maian

Has anyone read these? There's 7 out right now, and I love them.

Now, they're not the hardest books to read, or the deepest, but I like them. They entertain me. Has anyone read, much less heard of this series?

Posted by Forgotten Soul

I have not heard of it, what is it about?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting maian: Has anyone read these? There's 7 out right now, and I love them.

Now, they're not the hardest books to read, or the deepest, but I like them. They entertain me. Has anyone read, much less heard of this series?

My friend really likes them, but I have never heard of them. Want to tell us what it's about?

Posted by maian

Well, basically, it's about a boy (well, teenager) from Earth, who learns from his uncle Press he is a "Traveler", or basically, a guardian that can travel through space and time to other worlds, and uh, save them and stuff. :cool:

There's 10 worlds in all, including three different time periods on Earth, which is why there's so many books. There's a traveler per world, and the main villain is some guy named Saint Dane who is, y'know, all evil and all. I like the series though, because it keeps you hooked most of the time, and the characters are great. The travelers from the other worlds are interesting, and the worlds themselves are cool.

Among some of them are an Egypt-like world, a world completely flooded with water, using floating mechanical cities, and even a primitive jungle world where the dominate species are uh, talking cats.

It may sound lame, and like I said, they're not for all prosauce deep literature connoiseurs, but, well, they do entertain me and keep me hooked, nonetheless. I suppose the skill level is about where Harry Potter is.

Posted by NeXidala

It actually sounds pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind reading all 7 books.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Hmm, well I would definetly give the first book a read, see if I like it. If so, then I would probably get into the other 6 along with whatever else comes out.

Posted by NeXidala

Maian where can I find these books...I'm thinking about reading them.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Hit up any large bookstore. Amazon.com has them; Barnes and Noble as well.

Posted by NeXidala

Hmmmm.....I figured that, just wanted to make sure. I actually have bought a couple of books from Amazon and it always ends up being really good. I know these books are sort of childish but has any read Spy X or Spy High?

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Can't say that I have, what are those about?

Posted by NeXidala

Spy X: The Code
When Andrew and Evie Wall turned eleven, on November 11th, they come downstairs to find that their mother is no longer around. But she's left a note:

Dear ones,
Oh how I wish I could celebrate "11 11 11" w/ you. When I return we will have another birthday party no matter the day. Pls understand I would not go if I did not have to. I wish I cd say "Be back soon" but I'm afraid this will be a long one. Take care of each other, & know that I love you more than the world.

Love always,
Mom

P.S. You will hear from me soon. And when you do, remember:

11 11 11:
A picture forms
Without you--
And it's all a jumble.

A year passes. The Wall twins are are twelve now, and their military father continues moving them from town to town, with the usual cautions to never talk to strangers. Andrew has given up on his mother ever returning, but Evie maintains faith that mom--who works in International Business--will come home someday; or maybe needs their help.

Soon after arriving in yet another new town, the twins receive a mysterious package: a kaleidoscope, a packet of foxglove seeds, and a key--with another note that is seemingly a nonsense story. But each item is secretly something else--and the note is actually a coded message.

With the help of their new friend and next-door neighbor, the retired Mrs. Digitalis, Evie and Andrew find themselves caught up in a web of intrigue and adventure that will have readers turning pages so fast they might just ignite.

A compelling read with interesting characters and an engaging plot--with some pretty advanced cryptography lessons thrown in for good measure--and you've got a kid spy novel that out-spies both "Spy Kids" and "Harriet the Spy." Peter Lerangis successfully hooks with this first book of what will hopefully be a long series.
SPOILER![spoiler] The mom actually turns out to be a Spy who is running away because she is being threatened. And the person you least expect is the one who is searching to kill her.[/spoiler]SPOILER!
Spy High: Mission One
This year's Bond Team at Deveraux Academy is an unorthodox group—from Cally, a skilled computer hacker living on the streets, to Jake, the only student ever to have come from the agri-domes of the Midwest. At first, in-fighting and incompetence push Bond Team to within a hair's breadth of expulsion. But when the team is sent on a wilderness survival trip, they uncover a secret lab run by a maniac with the power and resources to threaten world security. Suddenly, expulsion is the least of Bond Team's worries.
*The time setting is in the future, btw.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Naturally I did not read the SPOILER....but it does sound quite interesting from what you have just told me.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Forgotten Soul: Naturally I did not read the SPOILER....but it does sound quite interesting from what you have just told me.

Would you ever think of reading either of those books? Personally, I loved them. I kept buying the sequels as they came. Though the Spy High books are a lot longer than the Spy X books.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Well I would at least check our one of them, probably the Spy X one and see how that goes. If I like it, hell yeah, Ill get the rest of em.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Forgotten Soul: Well I would at least check our one of them, probably the Spy X one and see how that goes. If I like it, hell yeah, Ill get the rest of em.

Awesome. They probably will take you less than 3 days to read, but it's a hell of a good read. ;) (At least to me it was)

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Cool deal, I'll let ya know how I like it once I get around to reading one.

Posted by Apathetic

I got around to the third of those, great series. Just like maian said they arent the deepest but still are a good read. Ill have to buy some of them sooner or later. Btw how old is this series? I cant seem to place when I read them.