Anascape Files Patent Suit Against Microsoft and Nintendo

Posted by Alastor

[quote]A report by UK site The Inquirer [url=http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33466]has highlighted[/url] a complaint filed on July 31, 2006 by Texas-based firm Anascape Ltd against both Nintendo and Microsoft in a Texas district court for infringement on no less than twelve game hardware and controller-related patents. The complaint has called for a jury trial in order for the dispute to be settled.

Among those patents included in the company's complaint are patent numbers 5,999,084, labeled "Variable Conductance Sensor"; 6,102,802, labeled

Posted by Fate

Hahaha, wow. Another two bite the dust.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OMG GUYS NINTENDO IS A BUNCH OF THEIVE WE SHOULD KILL THEIR CEOS AND ALL THEIR EMPLOYEES LOL.

Seriously, this only proves what I was saying when I said that all companies engage in "borrowing". Its not suprising, and its not new. Only now Prince Shroujsjakbjsdgahd doesnt get to come up with a way that this is Sonys fault.

Posted by Fate

Wait a minute... I bet this was Sony's idea. That's why they're not getting sued! :horse:

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH NOES! Yeah, clearly sony is the one behind this. I bet they just paid that guy to sy he did it, then paid all the judges and lawyers to fake it, and then paid the newspaper to run that story. Because sony has money and is evil.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I doubt this was Sony's doing, but it's so obvious Anascape is full of sony fanboys. Jesus Christ, they've sunk to a new low. :rolleyes:

Posted by Bebop

Why isn't Sony being sued over this? They have the incredibly vague "analouge censors" too.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Some of those patents were filed long after Nintendo was using the technology. Fail.