Metalocalypse

Posted by Alastor

Anyone catch this last night? It's the new show from Brendon Small, the creator of Home Movies. The humor is... different, yet still pretty similar to that found in Home Movies. Anyhow, I liked it. Better than some of the other crap that [adult swim] have put out lately like 12 oz. Mouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUDcWVfadk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsWiS8mxT0

Two clips from the first episode.

Posted by Bebop

Brendon Small is a fictional character isn't it?

Posted by The Pain

I did catch that last night. I didnt really pay that much attention but what iremember is lots of blood and well... metal music (obviously). I still need to give it my full attention to get my best opinion.

Quoting Alastor: Better than some of the other crap that [adult swim] have put out lately like 12 oz.

I agree with you on that one. 12 oz mouse is probably the worst show [adult swim] probably ever made. Next to Minoriteam...

Quoting Bebop: Brendon Small is a fictional character isn't it?

Yea, he's the main character on Home Movies

Posted by Ant

It was okay. It could have been a lot better though. To be short, I did not laugh out loud.

Posted by NeXidala

I didn't catch it, but I do see the previews a lot. I don't know, it doesn't really catch my attention enough to sit down and watch it. It seems treacherous......

Posted by Echo

I saw it and it wasn't bad. I chuckled a little once or twice. It beats Minoriteam, at least, and it has a lot of potential.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Echo: I saw it and it wasn't bad. I chuckled a little once or twice. It beats Minoriteam, at least, and it has a lot of potential.

Agreed. I have lauged a few times at Minoriteam, though. The commercials are usually funnier than the show itself. There's just something about the narrator yelling, "Gorilla with knife hands!" that gets to me.

[Quote=The Pain][Quote=Bebop]Brendon Small is a fictional character isn't it?Yea, he's the main character on Home Movies

He's actually the guy who created the show. He wrote himself as one of the characters, as if it weren't obvious.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I didn't like it. I was hoping the show would be somewhat of an "inside joke" type thing among fans of metal, but I didn't get that. Instead I got a crap. The only things I found to be mildly amusing was the name of the grocery store (Fintrolls, and an n please) and when the singer bashed his head through the glass to get the sausage. I don't see much for this show, but I'm sure kids (and a few adults I've met) will rejoice and think they're hardcore and current for loving this garbage.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Shin-Ra: and when the singer bashed his head through the glass to get the sausage.

Oh yeah! That part made me lol. But otherwise, eh.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, lame. Though I remember hearing a song by "them" about a good year ago. There's just something about a coffee jingle in death metal that I find quite funny.

Posted by Prince Redon

Yeah about the only thing I laughed at was the songs they come up with, and that's mearly a chuckle.

By the by, Minoriteam is horrid and should have never been created. I have yet to even come close to a chuckle from that show.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Prince Redon: Yeah about the only thing I laughed at was the songs they come up with, and that's mearly a chuckle.

By the by, Minoriteam is horrid and should have never been created. I have yet to even come close to a chuckle from that show.

Agreed.

Posted by WackoHater2

I thought it was funny. The one gujy, brown hair. I dont remember his name. He is like a Jack Black clone.

Posted by Klarth

How has nobody made a thread about this show yet? It's not on TV over here... But man, I watched the trailer, and it looks ****ing incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7t3qKLVaDk

Also, Michael Emott and a few guys from Nevermore are gonna be guest starring.

Best cartoon ever.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Holy hell, I'm so watching that if i can. What channel is it on?

ITS CALLED A GROCERY STORE YOU DOUCHBAGS. Classic.

Posted by Klarth

Adult Swim.

And the drummer is pretty much Devin Townsend.

<3<3<3

Posted by Zeta

Hahaha, looks like you didn't look hard enough, Klarth. :)

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=16533

Posted by Klarth

I suck at life

Posted by Shin-Ra

Update: The show still fails, but the promo music is actually kinda funny the first time you hear it.