Does anyone recognize this? (Jimma: read)

Posted by Raptor

[url=http://www.shutterwolf.com/mp3/unknowntitle.mp3]unknowntitle.mp3[/url]

Philsdad sent it to me last century, around the time he sent me "Baldurs Tod," and I never figured out the actual name of the song. I think I remember him mentioning it was by Falkenbach, but I could be mistaken. Jimma, you'd obviously be the one most likely to know, but I'm curious as to whether anyone else knows what it is as well.

I love the tune but it is of very ****ty quality, and I would love to figure out the name of the song so there is a chance I can get a much better copy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I recognize it from somewhere... but it's no Falkenbach song I know. I don't even have a song of that lenth. I'll check my files, maybe I have it.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I have their discography and I can't recognise it. :/ Sorry.

Posted by Shin-Ra

It's Nokturnal Mortum and the song is entitled "Black Moon Overture" from the album Goat Horns. I love how this song includes little bits of all the songs on the album into one song (like an overture, duh). But yeah, there's your answer.

Oh ****, of course I recognized it. I was listening to that album just last week -_-

Posted by Shin-Ra

It's a good one. Probably my favorite Symphonic Black Metal album, now that I think about it. I'm not partial to that genre, but Goat Horns was done so incredibly well. It doesn't have that bombastic faggotry like later Dimmu Borgir and bands similar; it's actually tasteful, what the hell! Either way, ambient black metal is far more effective for me, even though those two styles convey their messages in a completely different, uncomparable manner (I'll do it anyway, ha).

Agreed. Probably because they seem to actually want to make black metal, not a more accessible form of black metal, if you know what I mean. Plus, the folky bits help.

Edit:

Quoted post:
I love the tune but it is of very ****ty quality, and I would love to figure out the name of the song so there is a chance I can get a much better copy.

I'm uploading a better version. It's still... pretty bad, but much better.

Edit 2:

Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URK2AO93

Posted by Shin-Ra

Since I bought the album, my copy's ripped onto here directly from the cd at 320 Kbps. I'll upload it if the above version isn't of good enough quality.

Posted by Philsdad

Yup, that's the song. "Black Moon Overture" by Nokturnal Mortum. Can't remember why that recording was so lousy. Still have the Smurf's theme song?

Quoted post: Since I bought the album, my copy's ripped onto here directly from the cd at 320 Kbps. I'll upload it if the above version isn't of good enough quality.

I wonder how better it is than what I have... wanna send me the first song so I can compare sometime?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, sure. I'm curious to see what the difference is myself.

Posted by Raptor

That version sounds much better. Nice to finally get it identified as well.

Posted by Axis

Is this the band that got their inspirations from Neo-Nazi beliefs? Er, I should say one of the bands that did.

Quoted post: Is this the band that got their inspirations from Neo-Nazi beliefs? Er, I should say one of the bands that did.

Nope. That's actually not as big of a thing in black metal as you might expect.

Posted by Philsdad

Well actually, Nokturnal Mortum DID jump the NSMB bandwagon but not until later in their careeer (a few albums after the one the above song was on.) It's pretty ridiculous considering they are Slavic, but what can you do.

Quoted post: Well actually, Nokturnal Mortum DID jump the NSMB bandwagon but not until later in their careeer (a few albums after the one the above song was on.)

Really? Huh, I never got that far in their discography I guess...

Speaking of which, you have most of their suff, right? Any chance you could send me some stuff? I still have that Vediog Svaor stuff I was supposed to send you, too.