Sex, and pressure.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Hey guys. I was up all of last night since I couldn't sleep. And I was reflecting on many diffrent topics. Then somehow sex popped into my mind. I started to think about my sexual life. And how I have been pressured into sex. I havn't actually had sex. As I havn't found the right person. But all of my friends have given their virginity away. Maybe just for the fun of it. They tell me, I should do it. And that it's awsome. But I don't want too. Did you guys ever feel pressured into having sex? I know that sometimes I fell desperate for it, but I still hold back. Did you guys ever feel conflicted like this? Did your friends try and make you have sex with some whore(Not actually speaking. Just someone who would have sex with you very soon into the relationship)?

Posted by Boner

You want my honest opinion? Here it is. PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE WEAK! They cave in too easily to outside pressure. If it's something you decide you want to do, then by all means, go for it! Don't do it because everyone else tells you that you should. I mean, I don't think you should wait until you're 36 or something. But, you don't need to be in a big rush about it either. Besides, the first time usually sucks because it's not nearly as good as everyone leads you to believe it is. Do what makes you happy.

Posted by NEMI

I have known people that have done it because of the peer pressure and after it happens they feel like so empty and disgusted,just because they lost their virginity to the wrong person at the wrong time, and it kinda feels so sad. If you're gonna do it, do it because you want to and because you feel 100% sure of what you're gonna do.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Never been pressured into it, mainly because I'm not uptight about sex. If it's offered to me, chances are, I'll take it. Virginity is not a big deal, who cares if your first time sucks?

Posted by Fate

But KJ is a kid, you know? I'm not exactly up for telling him to go out and lose it because it means nothing. It's only meaningless when you're 17+.

Posted by NEMI

Quoting Vampiro: Virginity is not a big deal, who cares if your first time sucks?

Some people get depressed for that...

Posted by Slade

Heh heh heh...

I'd say if you feel pressured when you really don't want to, then don't do it. Simple as that. Do it when you want to do it. I can understand not wanting to at times... quick example is when a girl is acting completely crazy and you don't know where she stands relationship-wise, and she starts wanting sex all of a sudden. It's happened to me, and it was just too **** weird for me to share the feeling.

Trust me, your friends pressuring you into anything now doesn't even matter in the long run. Even if you give in, it'll just be forgotten. If you say, "Hey guys remember when you talked me into trying this...?" They won't even care.

edit:
[quote]It's only meaningless when you're 17+.
Only 16 oh shi-

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, I have had friend try and pressure me into having sex before. I am proudly still a virgin. I have a girlfriend that I love very much, and I wanna marry, and eventually have sex with, but not now. I am just not ready. If that condom breaks, or she forget to take the pill, I may be a dad, and I just cant do that right now. It would ruin both of our lives. She is only in 10 grade, and I am going into my Senior year of high school. I never feel pressured really, because I am gonna do it when I am damn well ready to, not when my friends want me to.

Quoted post: Some people get depressed for that...

Some people are terrified of balloons.

Quoted post: But KJ is a kid, you know? I'm not exactly up for telling him to go out and lose it because it means nothing. It's only meaningless when you're 17+.

It's usually the exact opposite. For a boy around 13-15, it's all about sex. As you grow older, typically, sex means more. Depending on the person...

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro:
It's usually the exact opposite. For a boy around 13-15, it's all about sex. As you grow older, typically, sex means more. Depending on the person...

Eh, a couple years ago I just had this pervasive feeling of not being ready for it. I wanted it, yeah, but deep down I knew that it wouldn't be that fantastic... and I wanted it to be fantastic. Still do, btw. And, honestly, I'm pretty sure it will be.

It won't be.

Posted by Slade

Give me good reasons why it'll suck, and I'll counter them.

Never said it would suck.

Posted by Slade

Oh, my bad. Fantastic is a pretty strong word. All right... it'll be fun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Just live your life. When it happens, it happens. Only retards feel pressured into it anyway.

And screw you guys, my first time rocked ***.

Quoted post: Only retards feel pressured into it anyway.

Retards and girls.

Oh wai...

Quoted post: And screw you guys, my first time rocked ***.

My first time was great, but it wasn't fantastic, magical, dreamy or whatever people wish it to be.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic619: If that condom breaks, or she forget to take the pill, I may be a dad, and I just cant do that right now. It would ruin both of our lives. She is only in 10 grade, and I am going into my Senior year of high school.

Abortion.

...One of mankind's greatest inventions.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

After being the first in my group of friends to lose my virginity, a friend got together with his girlfriend. And another. And another. And although he never said anything, I felt pressured to go after more girls. I'm not quite sure how that fits into the model, but it's definitely a fact that what your friends do directly influence you, even if they don't mean to.

The important thing is to do it when you're ready, rather than when you think you should.

Posted by The Judge

Giving in to peer pressure has always been stupid in my opinion. Just do what you want, not what other people want you to do. If they force it on you, tell them to f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck off.

Also, you use periods way too much.

Quoted post: Also, you use periods way too much.

Don't listen to this faggot, Jordo. This is a clear example of peer pressure. **** you, Judge, leave him alone man. Let him do what he wants.

Posted by mis0

You need to determine what you want, and then make a steadfast resolution to get it, and peer pressure will become a non-issue. People cave to it all the time, but people who pressure you to do something you don't want to do often don't either know you well enough or they just don't care. Sadly, people like to bring others down to their level often times.

Be in charge of your own life. It's your way, or the highway. And in high school, this isn't the most popular approach but it will save you lots of trouble to do so.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Vampiro: Don't listen to this faggot, Jordo. This is a clear example of peer pressure. **** you, Judge, leave him alone man. Let him do what he wants.

Hey, I'm not telling him what to do, okay?

Jordo, all I'm saying is, if you wanna be cool, you gotta use correct punctuations, okay? All the cool kids are doing it.

To summarise: cave into pressure. Always give in. These people know you, man. They know what's good for you and what will make your life better. Don't you wanna be cool? Don't you want to relate to your friends about how cool it is to not be a virgin anymore? Of course. That's why they're telling you to do it. Man, just give in. It's stupid crazy.

You won't regret it.

Posted by Bebop

Do it when you think it's a right time. Not when your friends think it's a right time.

Posted by Xenos

Pressure never phased me much - 'always thought sex is a waste of my precious time.

Posted by Lord of Spam

coughvirgincough

Quoting The Judge: Giving in to peer pressure has always been stupid in my opinion. Just do what you want, not what other people want you to do. If they force it on you, tell them to f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck off.

Also, you use periods way too much.

for a second i thought you were talking to women, saying that they use periods to get out of sex too much, and i lol'd. Then I realized that you were talking to jordo, and i lol'd even more at his poor puncuation.

But yeah, dont cave in to peer pressure unless its something you'd do anyway, or unless you want to look super wicked cool.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Thanks guys. I just wanted some insight and thought you guys could help, and y'all did.

By the way, Judge I'll try and watch my puncuation.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, way to cave in to peer pressure there, buddy. You had your own style of writing, and just because some loser on the internet told you to change it, you decided to cave in and become just like everyone else. Jesus, did you even read about being your own person in this thread?

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Killer Jordo: Thanks guys. I just wanted some insight and thought you guys could help, and y'all did.

By the way, Judge I'll try and watch my puncuation.

It's the only way to be too cool for school.

Posted by Killer Jordo

L.o.s. i.s. r.i.g.h.t

:p

Posted by Linko_16

Don't ask us what to do.

Ask yourself what to do.

That is to say, yourself and not your friends.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Killer Jordo: L.o.s. i.s. r.i.g.h.t

:p

i'd rep you so hard if I could. Positive, too.

Posted by Pit

Not reading thread:

This is stupid. What peer pressure is there in sex? What you and your friends sit in a ****ing circle going "man, pass the sex, I want it" and when it comes to you, you don't know what to do? I've never heard of peer pressure affecting sex.

Yes, when I was a virgin, I had friends who told me how excellent and great sex was, but that's not being pressured into having sex. Being pressured into having sex, isn't that borderline rape? I mean, come on, just think about it.

And Killer Jordo, what are you, 12?

Posted by Fate

I think it's indirect pressure. Like a oh-yeah-dude-that-hot-13-year-old-chick-had-some-titties-on-her-you-should-find-one-too kind of thing.

What Pit said makes sense. It's dumb to think about the pressure of it. STDs are more common than you think!

Posted by Pit

Yeah don't use a lambskin the first time. No matter how awesome those things are, not only are they expensive, but they don't protect againt STD's. Use an extended pleasure trojan and buy your self a Durex Play desentisizing ointment for your first time that way your penis numbs out and you don't cum in the first 18 seconds and cry for the next 30 minutes.

Posted by Iris

Don't use lambskin ever. They're porous, I think.

Don't cave into that kind of pressure, KJ. It's best to wait until you've matured mentally (and physically, if you don't want her laughing at you). It's really not a big deal whether or not you're a virgin, and if your friends are telling you to go out and have tons of sex then they aren't that great of friends anyhow.

Posted by WackoHater2

I, personally, need to mature mentally before doing anything. Lol. I'd ruin my first time so bad by certain things I'd do and say.

Posted by Pit

All condoms are porous. Latex condoms, the HIV virus can't pass through the as the virus itself is larger than the pores. Lambskins now are labeled as contraceptive against HIV, but due to the size of the pores, the chance of getting HIV using a lambskin is higher and not reccomended for that purpose.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm never pressured to have sex. :( :)

Posted by WackoHater2

Dont be sad Crazy K. If your friends try to pressure you into something, anything, they are no good.

Posted by Axis

I'll wait until I'm married.

Posted by WackoHater2

I most likely will too, but you never know. Me and Amber (my girlfriend) might get wildly drunk at my Prom coming up this year. Who knows then. Lol. Just kidding. Neither of us drink enough to get drunk.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Pit:

And Killer Jordo, what are you, 12?

14. I was 12 when I first came here.

Quoting Fate: I think it's indirect pressure. Like a oh-yeah-dude-that-hot-13-year-old-chick-had-some-titties-on-her-you-should-find-one-too kind of thing.

It's not like saw with virgins :p Fate backed me up on that one before I could. Thanks.

Quoting Fate: It's dumb to think about the pressure of it. STDs are more common than you think!

Yeah, on Global(one of Edmontons local News Stations) they run a commercial about STD's and how common they are getting.

Quoted post: Yeah, on Global(one of Edmontons local News Stations) they run a commercial about STD's and how common they are getting.

Hahaha, I think I've seen that. But I never took that stuff seriously. I mean, I don't bother with protection, and so far so good :o

Posted by Pit

"Wings disagrees: Dumbass." Sarcasm much Wings.

Anyways, I always tend to use protection. My girlfriend is on the pill, doesn't mean I still won't use the condom.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Pit: My girlfriend is on the pill, doesn't mean I still won't use the condom.

Right, because what if someone who hated you put replaced her pills with tic-tacs o wai....

Just kidding. But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Posted by Pit

she actually has the pills locked away somewhere, no one knows where they are but her, and every m orning, woosh, and she tells me if she's miss one, so yeah.

Plus, pill only is effective against pregnancy. If she has aids, (not saying she does, talking in general here) you're kinda ****ed. Kinda ded

Quoted post: Right, because what if someone who hated you put replaced her pills with tic-tacs o wai....

Most are little circular discs... chances are a girl's not going to mistake that for a tic-tac.

Quoted post: "Wings disagrees: Dumbass." Sarcasm much Wings.

Pretty much. There's been times I haven't bothered with it, but those are infrequent. Though I don't usually use a condom when I'm with my girlfriend. I'm smart enough to avoid getting her pregnant and we both know neither of have any STDs... *shrugs*

Posted by Pit

Have you seen yourself Vampiro. Of course you have STD's, prick. Me, hispanic and part black, was born with STD's.

We should get together sometime, bby. Compare notes, if ya no wat i meen ;)

Oh, I didn't see you as being the monogamous type. My mistake.

I actually wasn't until... just this May. So you're almost right!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Pit: My girlfriend is on the pill, doesn't mean I still won't use the condom.

Man, **** that ****. Why even bother paying for the pills if you're not going to take advantage of it.

I was pretty stupid with the last girl I was with long term. She was told she was infertile when she was younger, but we still should have used protection more. We used it pretty steady for the first like 2 weeks, but as the costs mounted (lol) and the hassle grew (oh man too many innuendos), we basically jsut said **** it.

Posted by Pit

Who said anything about paying? Got a nigga on da inside stealin em

You don't have to pay chemist prices. I buy mine in 12-packs for about $2. Brand name, perfectly intact, etc.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic: Dont be sad Crazy K. If your friends try to pressure you into something, anything, they are no good.

I call BULLSHIT. One of my friends once pressured me into going and taking the final for one of my economics classes even though my car was broken down and I was sick as ****. She did encourage me to actually get on the bus and go. It was a miserable experience all around, but in the end, I'm glad I had someone to give me that shove I needed because I ended up passing the class.

Quoting Panic: Neither of us drink enough to get drunk.

Pussy.

Quoted post: I call BULL****. One of my friends once pressured me into going and taking the final for one of my economics classes even though my car was broken down and I was sick as ****. She did encourage me to actually get on the bus and go. It was a miserable experience all around, but in the end, I'm glad I had someone to give me that shove I needed because I ended up passing the class.

You bring up a good point. By default, peer pressure (or pressure in general) has a very negative connotation, but there are instances where maybe it really IS for the best. So, it's not fair to say "oh, well, if your friends pressure you, it's because they suck and are no good," it's all context and case-by-case, really.

Posted by The underground

Yes peer pressure was the reason i lost my virginty and it did suck cause i never saw the girl agian. But i got over it and i had a g/f and we were pressured into having sex cause her friends weresay stuff like youve 2 been going out for 6 months and didnt do nothing you are weak and stuff like that well we had sex thenshe found out she was pregnet and we had to get married then we had kids then fights and now im single living alone dont get to see my kids cause there in north dakota and im in florida and it sucks. This was all cause she was pressured into having sex with me. so dont get pressured into it let it come natural youll know when it is time. The force will guide you young one.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Pit: Who said anything about paying? Got a nigga on da inside stealin em

You have to pay for the pill? A friend of mine went to a clinic in the Bronx and they gave them to her for free.

Posted by Draxamus

Haha, you sound like a pussy, dude. You should be out banging chicks all day!

Posted by Trigger

I was never pressured, no ever felt that way and my first time rocked ***. (Thanks to Ant for that phrase!)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seriously, I dont get why everyone is like "lol ur first time sux" No, its not the best you'll ever have (hopefully), but even mediocre sex is better than most things I can think of off the top of my head.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Draxamus: Haha, you sound like a pussy, dude. You should be out banging chicks all day!

best thing said in the entire thread, and true to boot.

The first time is only awesome because you have nothing to compare it with.

For me, the best time has to be doggy style in a room next door to three other people who could come in at any second (and did).

Posted by jefferey shalome

5 months. if you've been going out with someone for five or more months, and you both feel a bond, i'd say ask if they want to go the extra mile. But, im only 13 and have not been in any relationships, and this advice might not be that very good.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Wings: The first time is only awesome because you have nothing to compare it with.

For me, the best time has to be doggy style in a room next door to three other people who could come in at any second (and did).

About 5 times at 3 am with the parents in the next room. THAT was awesome.

Though I feel asleep on the drive home and almost died. Still worth it though.

Quoting Wings: The first time is only awesome because you have nothing to compare it with.

where was this exactly? Home, motel?

Whoa, what the hell. I have no idea why I told you guys that. I don't even have any memory of typing that. That's it, bed for me and no more drugs.

Quoted post: Seriously, I dont get why everyone is like "lol ur first time sux"

Because it does when compared to every other time.

True. To prevent that, I didn't have a first time, and skipped straight to the second one.

You son of a gun!

Posted by Pit

Quoting Kamek: You have to pay for the pill? A friend of mine went to a clinic in the Bronx and they gave them to her for free.

They give the first 3 for free. Not only in the bronx, planned parenthood, they have one here in court street as well. First 3 free, also free morning after pill and a precription for it, and a lot of bad condoms :( Lifestyles :-\ they sure do suck!

Quoting Pit: They give the first 3 for free. Not only in the bronx, planned parenthood, they have one here in court street as well. First 3 free, also free morning after pill and a precription for it, and a lot of bad condoms :( Lifestyles :-\ they sure do suck!

Only in america. And possibly some parts of europe.

We have unlimited free condoms from the sexual health clinic.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Because it does when compared to every other time.

Not always true. The first time has that OH **** THIS IS AWESOME WIN WIN WIN attached to it. Later on its possible to be so "yeah this is sex okay:/" about it that it completely loses all the fun of it. I've had worse than my first time, and it was with the same person too. In fact, best and worst were the same person.

The first time you had pretty much right. But then after that it's like "wow, this is way better." Now it's like "lol i bored... but this is still good." Point is, even now it's still better than the first time because, though it was great, I've had better since.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Having better doesnt make something else bad though. Just because there are formula one cars that can do 0-60 in like 2 seconds and hit 200 MPh doesnt mean that the corvette is slow. Granted, its slower, but its not slow.

It's not as good when compared.

Shut up.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Doesnt make it bad:cookie:

Yes it does. It makes it awful.

Posted by JonMB

All I'll add is that I'm glad my first time was with someone I loved, and not just some random drunk chick at a party.

Don't do something you'll regret. That's all.

And my first time was great.

Posted by Aesthetic

I always thought I'd be one to wait until marriage, but I guess it never crossed my mind that I'd be okay with it if I thought I was going to be getting married. Point being, I think that as long as you believe in it in the moment, and/or truly believe that you're in love, you won't regret it later, regardless of whether or not that turns out to be true in the long run. Though I can't make a complete opinion on this as of yet, as I'm still a virgin, I at least know that I wouldn't give into peer pressure (dealing with sex); only what my heart's telling me to do at that time. [/sappygirlideal]

[quote=Pit]They give the first 3 for free. Not only in the bronx, planned parenthood, they have one here in court street as well. First 3 free, also free morning after pill and a precription for it, and a lot of bad condoms Lifestyles :-\ they sure do suck!

Yeah, I still have a couple of free prescriptions left. I didn't know they gave free condoms, though; but I do agree that Lifestyles isn't the best. When I worked at the grocery store and had to check expiration dates on all of the condoms, that brand expired the quickest. Guys, beware :O

hmmm. i like that post. it makes sense.

Posted by Xenos

Huh, what happens when a condom expires?

Posted by Iris

They make your genitals sour.

Or rather, it starts to deteriorate.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Aesthetic][color=lemonchiffon]Yeah, I still have a couple of free prescriptions left. I didn't know they gave free condoms, though:

In my experience, they don't use the greatest lubricant, either. I'm not even sure if it is lubricant at all...