Castlevania: Symphony of The Night coming to Live Arcade

Posted by Klarth

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/723/723305p1.html

[quote]Fans of the first PlayStation's vampire shredding Castlevania: Symphony of the Night will be glad to know the game is soon to make a reemergence. According to what Konami told us today, SotN will be releasing onto the Xbox Live Arcade sometime this winter. Whether that means it'll show up late this year or early in 2007, Konami couldn't say. Microsoft's approval process for products appearing on Xbox Live is somewhat extensive, so it's difficult to pin down an exact date.

In terms of price or extra features offered in the Xbox Live Arcade version, Konami wouldn't say, other than they're working on it. Fans of the PS1's platforming classic will be happy to know that more details will be revealed later this month at a Konami event. Until then, we'll keep you updated on any more developments.

Most excellent.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, absolutely can't wait for this to come out. All though they say as early as this Winter, I predict a January-March release for it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Apparently it's exclusive. No PS3 or PSP downloads planned.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's funny because people pay upwards for 100 dollars for the original game. And though I own it, I'll still buy this. Too cool to pass up.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

So apparently I was wrong, and it's possible it could turn up on PNP and the Virtual Console. This brings up an interesting discussion about the value of downloadbale retro games, actually...

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: And though I own it, I'll still buy this. Too cool to pass up.

Ditto.

Posted by Zeta

Just to be sure. XBLA is only for the 360, right? Original XBoxes can't use it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nope.

Posted by Zeta

**** =/

Posted by Fate

What a great idea. <3

Posted by Cruxis

....Hip Hip Horray!!!

Now I dont Have to fork over 45 bucks for a over priced used copy of the origonal on ebay:D