Laggers and hackers!!!

Posted by Xero

I'm currently playing the 4 following games: Starcraft, Warcraft (a little), Diablo1&2 and Gunbound.

Starcraft: There are laggers on battle.net and its ****ing me off! Mostly when I play Use map settings games, people lag or leave and they prevent the game from going, witch is really annoying! If we ban them from the game, then we lose a player and if your in a sunken defence, all the players are kinda messed up.

Warcraft: Same as Starcraft, laggers!

Diablo 1&2: Battle.net on diablo is becoming useless, because a lot of people hack their status, so they get level 9999 and an incredible HP+mana+attack+defence... I keep falling on this guys/girls and they kill me in 1 shot!

Gunbound: I dunno witch one is more current between laggers and hackers. Sometimes when we are playing or just as we win a game, somebody lags and it prevents us from finishing/continuing the game.
Others are hacking their money, so they get stronger equipment, witch becomes unfair, because their status becomes strong and high and they kill you faster. Its not a problem if YOUR level is high, but if your a noob, you dont get much level points. Even if gunbound has an anti-hacker security, its not always working...

Did it happen to you? Dont you find this annoying and useless?

Posted by Fallen

I dont mind them, laggers that is. Its not their fault that they can not afford or can get better internet. They deserve to play.

Posted by TheMooChicken

The only reason I have ever banned someone from a game of starcraft was if they were 1) Cheating, 2) Going against the rules I set, or 3) They lagged out. I used to have dial up, so I understand what it feels like to lag out of 30% of your games.

Posted by Xero

Quoting TheMooChicken: The only reason I have ever banned someone from a game of starcraft was if they were 1) Cheating, 2) Going against the rules I set, or 3) They lagged out. I used to have dial up, so I understand what it feels like to lag out of 30% of your games.

1)cheating: You can actually cheat on SC battle.net?
2) Against the rules: Yeah! Some do that in certain games, like melee games. They think thier strong, and they usually are, so they decide that they will knock out they're allies! But this is in melee and you cant really ban somebody in these type of games, unless he lags for more than 45 seconds, witch is my following point
3)lag out: I'm glad we can ban someone out of the game, but not when he/she's my allie. Some lag for 1 sec then come back and then lag again, witch is quite annoying when you try to play, or the lag board just dont show up and the game can barely go on.

Posted by loony636

I hate the fact that when I go onto Halo multiplayer, my computer will always lag. This is because I have a broadband connection and those little n00bs out there have 56k connections. Its not fair.

Posted by Xero

Quoting loony636: I hate the fact that when I go onto Halo multiplayer, my computer will always lag. This is because I have a broadband connection and those little n00bs out there have 56k connections. Its not fair.

Poor you! It must be hard to play a game! Do you have sympatico?