Trends That Annoy You

Posted by Last Fog

I'm sure everyone has noticed at least one little "trend" or bandwagon circulating the boards. A few members will use a phrase or expression often and it just catches on to other people so they can be cool and fit in with the popular kids of VGC.

One that has been getting on my nerves is "holy wacko" or "oh my wacko"... honestly, cut that **** out.

But the one that really gets my blood boiling, the reason I made this thread, is when idiots say "fukken". I don't know why, but that just annoys me to no end. Just type the real ****ing word and let it get censored. Everyone will know what you mean.

I'm sure there's many others, I can't be bothered to think of them right now.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: One that has really been getting on my nerves is "holy wacko" or "oh my wacko"... honestly, cut that **** out.

That would be jesse editing **** I believe.

Quoted post: But the one that really gets my blood boiling, the reason I made this thread, is when idiots say "fukken". I don't know why, but that just annoys me to no end. Just type the real ****ing word and let it get censored. Everyone will know what it means.

fukken != ****ing. Different context.

Anywho, none annoy me. Most likely because I usually take part in every bandwagon and most words/phrases people are likely to find annoying.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Last Fog] One that has really been getting on my nerves is "holy wacko" or "oh my wacko"... honestly, cut that **** out.
That would be Jesse Smith The Mormon censoring all the nasty bad words in his own special way.

[quote]I'm sure everyone has noticed at least one little "trend" or bandwagon circulating the boards. A few members will use a phrase or expression often and it just catches on to other people so they can be cool and fit in with the popular kids of VGC.
VAMPIRO AND LAST FOG BOTH SAID "IN" IN THEIR POST, OH MY ****ING CHRIST, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. THIS IS HORRIBLE AND NIGHTMARISH. NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN LANGUAGE? **** ME SIDEWAYS, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! AAAAGH!

Quick, everyone, the "trendy kids" are sticking together and forming a bandwagon! Bandwagon bandwagon bandwagon! I can't possibly be involved in things enjoyed by more than one person simultaneously, so I'll strive to be totally and utterly unique because I don't want to be part of a bandwagon! REMEMBER, I'M UNIQUE! BANDWAGONS ARE BAD!

You do realise that by being anti-establishment and pointing out how trends on VGC should be regarded as a bad thing, you're joining the "anti-bandwagon" bandwagon, right? STOP CONFORMING. CONFORMITY IS EVIL.

[B]LOOK AT ME, EVERYONE, I'M DOING MY BEST TO NOT CONFORM. EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME, I DON'T CONFORM. CONFORMITY IS ALWAYS BAD, WHATEVER THE CONTEXT.[/b]

Posted by Last Fog

Very clever Klarth I appreciate how you point out that by being anti-conformist I am actually conforming.

Oops oh wait I'm not doing that all I'm just saying certain things annoy me oh well good try

Posted by Corrupt

I've never been particularly fond of the whole "I lol'd" and "GTFO my internets" bits, myself. While they do annoy me a bit, it's not nearly to the point where I'll get seriously irritated. It's actually pretty minor, at least in my opinion.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Corrupt: "GTFO my internets"
Oh yeah, thats another one. Even "internets" by itself.

Tits or gtfo my internets, srsly guyz, **** this ****, it's too grim for even my standards. It's like... fukken grim or some awesome **** like that. I mean, Darkness Advanced is fukken awesome, so is 4chan. I'm so mad I could go HULK SMASH on all of you. Oh man! IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR

IMMA FIRIN MA LAZOR

But it's all good I guess, right, dawgs? A cat is fine too, I can habeeb it. I'll even TWINKIE HOUSE it. You're all just a bunch of bixnoods that can't handle the fukken awesomeness that is bandwagons and trends. I mean, you're all JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE-WHERE IS SARAH CONNER about it. Just calm the **** down before you get party van'd. Christ, you kids act likes AERIS DIES or some lame SPOILER ALERT like that or some fukken ****.

Like I said though, it's cool. I'd totally stick my penos in all of your collective vagooos. Even cosines vaginas which looks incredibly infected. But before you go all AN HERO about something so small like a simple trend, listen to these words: Anonymous does not forgive.

Tits or gtfo, AMIRITE?

Anywho, I lol'd

Posted by Lord of Spam

Grow the **** up. If there is a block of people that are bothering you, block them. If its just a phrase thats bothering you, then just grow up and deal with it. Its just the internet, so stop chill out, k?

Posted by Ant

I couldn't rep Vampiro for that long string of 4chan/vgc memes. Good job, chum.

Anywho, I like some. I dislike some. And sometimes the 4chan stuff can even annoy me when overdone. But I just ignore it and move on. So be it.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Last Fog:
But the one that really gets my blood boiling, the reason I made this thread, is when idiots say "fukken". I don't know why, but that just annoys me to no end. Just type the real ****ing word and let it get censored. Everyone will know what you mean.

100% agreed. Though it doesn't annoy me to no end. I just think it's incredibly stupid.

Now that blog full of ****ing morons called... Black Hole Sun (lol potatoman won't u come and wash away teh rain) or some ****, that annoys me. Just a bunch of pathetic little children whoring for attention and brown nosing each other in a mutual effort to boost their popularity and reputation. I derep nearly all of its regular participants every chance I get.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Trends That Annoy Me

---Darkness Advanced
---Rep whores/people who care about rep
---Furries
---Jokes/Memes (that people can't reproduce correctly)
---Goths and Emos
---Tim Burton fiends
---Basically anything that is good, but than becomes shit from overzealous hype and rabid fans (Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Final Fantasy)

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Sean the Wicked]
---Darkness Advanced
We heard you the first time.

[quote]---Jokes/Memes (that people can't reproduce correctly)
Weren't you the one who had that "SNAKES ON A PLANE 4CHAN /B/LOCKADE 4CHAN INVASION A POOL IS FUKKEN FINE TOO PLZ GIVE MOAR" signature?

[quote]---Basically anything that is good, but than becomes **** from overzealous hype and rabid fans (Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Final Fantasy)
k, this is another case of "I HATE POPULAR THINGS POPULAR THINGS ARE BAD". That's a ****ing depressing attitude to take (with the exception of Kingdom Hearts, which is horrible due to its substance rather than its following).

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Klarth: We heard you the first time.

Weren't you the one who had that "SNAKES ON A PLANE 4CHAN /B/LOCKADE 4CHAN INVASION A POOL IS FUKKEN FINE TOO PLZ GIVE MOAR" signature?

k, this is another case of "I HATE POPULAR THINGS POPULAR THINGS ARE BAD". That's a ****ing depressing attitude to take (with the exception of Kingdom Hearts, which is horrible due to its substance rather than its following).

First off, it was my list and therefore anything I said before would be added to it. Second of all, I said jokes/memes that people couldn't reproduce correctly; that means saying them incorrectly, bringing them up at the wrong time, ETC. Lastly, I don't hate popular things, I said when popular things become trash from overzealous hype and rapid fans, EX: Kingdom Hearts.

Stop nitpicking, you're being worse a faggot than normal.

Posted by WackoHater2

Trends that annoy me. Well, people that correct my grammar, that arent my English teacher for one. People who controdict themselves constantly (my sister is my biggest example). Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Posted by Slade

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Darkness Advanced
Don't you...uh, lurk there? Or am I mistaken?

Trends(in day-to-day life and on the fukken awesome internets) that annoy me are:

1. Excessive makeup use- Seriously, use much much less. Or even better, none. I guess on some women(who know how to do it) it looks alright, but overall this slather on pounds of cream and powder thing is totally lame.

2. Being an 8th grader- Okay, I don't rant about them to their faces because they get enough of that from other stupid people who take it too far in the wrong direction, but could they be any more retarded? I guess its not a trend so much as a group sin, kind of like a cult, but... close enough.

Huh, I can't think of any trends on the internet that bother me, really. Collectively, all the 4chan memes set on repeat for a few days would **** me off, but in moderation or even at moderately high levels, it's all good. And hilarious.

Posted by Philsdad

DOWN WITH CONFORMITY!! All trends are evil and satanic. I am getting sick of all the conformity at this site. A few evil trends at VGC:

Using the Internet to Access this Site: How many of you bandwagoners use the Internet to access this website? Oh, all of you? CONFORMISTS!!!!!! I access this site using an old shoebox, some telephone wire, an old black & white portable TV from the 70s, and a typewriter. It's slow as all hell, but at least it's better than being trendy.

Typing with Fingers: So how many of you trendwhores type using your fingers? I type all my messages here with my toes. Yeah it may sound stupid and impractical but at least I'm original, and I'll never conform to your standards.

Using your Eyes to Read the Messages here: I bet all you trendy folks here actually use your eyes to read the messages from this site. If all I cared about was doing what the crowd does, I might do that as well. But instead, I take the time to print out every message, have it converted to Braile, and then use my fingers to read them. It takes much much longer, but at least I'm not a sheep.

Breathing while Using this Site: Are any of you people still breathing? Oh probably just ALL OF YOU. Once again, WAY TO BE ORIGINAL! Your trendiness sickens me. Stop trying to be like everyone else. Maybe you could try not breathing for awhile? Just hold your breath for a really long time or something.

Those are just a few of the more satanic trends that seem to go on here. But my toes are getting tired, and I am turning purple in the face now from not breathing, so I better end on that note before I collapse and die. But if I did, at least it would be a heroic death, and I'd be a martyr for non-conformists everywhere!

Posted by Fate

***, of course you guys would think the internet when coming about trends. Losers.

I don't like those huge glasses everyone seems to be wearing these days. They're so ugly!

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]
***, of course you guys would think the internet when coming about trends. Losers.
Well, that is what the guy made the thread about. :-*

To relate: I despise the legions of people who listen to bands which are labelled "indie" despite being on labels like Sony BMG and Universal Records and have never released ANYTHING independently. Hell, most people I know think indie is short for Indian or something along those lines.

Dumbasses. Indie is not a genre.

Posted by Fate

Indie isn't a music genre. It's just a release method. wtf

I'm still not digging girl-pants on boys.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]
Indie isn't a music genre. It's just a release method. wtf
Ya. "Indie" music racks are starting to crop up in shops here, and they're filled with The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, insert three thousand other bands with huge recording contracts here. As far as misclassification goes, "indie" music's taken the place of emo. :/ Far as I'm concerned it's just a kind of rock with a particular sound.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Trends That Annoy Me

---Darkness Advanced
---Rep whores/people who care about rep
---Furries
---Jokes/Memes (that people can't reproduce correctly)
---Goths and Emos
---Tim Burton fiends
---Basically anything that is good, but than becomes shit from overzealous hype and rabid fans (Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Final Fantasy)

You know what annoys me?

How you:
- Think we care.
- Beat women.
- Are essentially the last item on your own list, because you whore whatever anime/japanese musician/game that is either currently popular (When you had "clogs" as your avatar, etc, from Bleach, or has been popular, like your Rei Ayanami avatar from NGE), not to mention you integrate parts of anime/game character names into your own, making you a lousy otaku faggot.

Now, grow a spinal column and use it before you post again, reject.

Posted by Linko_16

I hate it when people say they're going to "Google" something. I don't even use Google.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth:
Dumbasses. Indie is not a genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_%28music%29
I completely read through that trying to educate myself enough to argue with you, but you're actually right. What the hell? I guess a lot of the people I've known who listen to stuff labeled as "indie" are wrong. Cool, now I can be an even bigger dick to them for listening to the stuff (not seriously, some bands labeled as so aren't bad at all).

Posted by sabre

Quoting Princess Fate: ***, of course you guys would think the internet when coming about trends. Losers.

I don't like those huge glasses everyone seems to be wearing these days. They're so ugly!

See, I really like the huge sunglasses. They really suit some people.

What I do not like, however, is that I can't find any small ones any more, because shops are only stocking the big ones. Sunglasses in general tend to suit me, but I recently broke a very thin blue tinted pair of glasses and I can't find a replacement, because they're not being stocked any more.

Oh, and "I lol'd" is very stupid. "I laughed" or "haha" work just as well and look a lot less awkward.

Posted by Klarth

Google > anything else, though. srsly

Posted by Linko_16

WTF NO WAY. NOW I HAVE TO DEREP YOU FOR HAVING AN OPINION SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM MINE, FOR YOU AND YOUR THOUGHTS SHOULD BE STAMPED OUT AND BURIED WHERE NO ONE CAN EVER FIND THEM AGAIN.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Princess Fate: ***, of course you guys would think the internet when coming about trends. Losers.

We get it. You're cool and popular. -thumbs up-

In any case, one fashion trend that bothers me is UGG boots. They look stupid when you wear them during summer. Hell, a few days ago I saw some little boy wearing them. Probably his rich SUV driving mother thought they looked adoreable on him. I felt really sorry for the child though. Poor thing.

Posted by NeXidala

I can't stand it when I see preppy rich girls walking around the mall with a latte in their hand, big sunglasses, a scarf, with UGG boots pretending to be looking for someone. Makes my blood boil.

Posted by mis0

Quoting sabre: See, I really like the huge sunglasses. They really suit some people.

What I do not like, however, is that I can't find any small ones any more, because shops are only stocking the big ones. Sunglasses in general tend to suit me, but I recently broke a very thin blue tinted pair of glasses and I can't find a replacement, because they're not being stocked any more.

Oh, and "I lol'd" is very stupid. "I laughed" or "haha" work just as well and look a lot less awkward.

I'm taking extra care with my small, wirey sunglasses with a dark grey tint. I love them because they give a more sophisticated look than huge plastic-framed, auburn tint "celebrity" type sunglasses.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Nonconformists annoy me. They conform to not conform. It confuses me. :(

Posted by sniper

Replying to someone's message by posting a link to YTMND or the Pheonix Wright flashes.

Posted by Slade

Self-proclaimed emo kids loving up the PETA and hating on any "major corporation." They usually take it out on McDonalds or Wal*Mart.

****es me off to no end.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: We get it. You're cool and popular. -thumbs up-

It's not that. To me, as the topic kind of pokes at it, "Trends That Annoy You" did not automatically attach to the internet, but to a bigger picture. The first post was all internet, and so were the posts afterwards. It was only until I said something outside of internet references did anyone speak of other trends.

Quoted post: It's not that. To me, as the topic kind of pokes at it, "Trends That Annoy You" did not automatically attach to the internet, but to a bigger picture. The first post was all internet, and so were the posts afterwards. It was only until I said something outside of internet references did anyone speak of other trends.

Point being? People replied with internet trends because, like Klarth said, that's what the original post was about, so people assumed it was about internet trends, or specifically, VGC trends.

Posted by Apathetic

Most people I meet are *******s or just annoying jerks, (not on the internet) and yet people still are nice to their face and so am I. Im thinking this one is just me but I still dont like them. On the internet its more jealousy I guess. All the way though it can be amusing. Like I slapped a paper cup and it hit this semi annoying girl in the face. After she and her friends left, one of my friends gave me a high five. Best part was I didnt even mean to!
If you were wondering, I was saying being a dick is an annoying trend in life. The internet is different. Duh.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Princess Fate: It was only until I said something outside of internet references did anyone speak of other trends.

I actually thought, "huh, these have all been internet ones so far, time to break the trend(lolz)," before I read your post. In fact, I don't think I ever read it.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro: Point being? People replied with internet trends because, like Klarth said, that's what the original post was about, so people assumed it was about internet trends, or specifically, VGC trends.

This is truth. I was referring to the thread title alone, though. See, Last Fog started off as poking at the internet trends. So, people followed suit. When LF made the thread "Trends That Annoy You", he didn't say "Internet Trends", so it's kind of funny to me that "Trends" automatically implies "Internet Trends" without being explicitly stated in the thread title. :(

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Klarth: [B]LOOK AT ME, EVERYONE, I'M DOING MY BEST TO NOT CONFORM. EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME, I DON'T CONFORM. CONFORMITY IS ALWAYS BAD, WHATEVER THE CONTEXT.[/b]

M-ME NEITHER! I DON'T CONFORM TO NOBODY! *stomps foot and crosses arms*

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linko_16: WTF NO WAY. NOW I HAVE TO DEREP YOU FOR HAVING AN OPINION SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM MINE, FOR YOU AND YOUR THOUGHTS SHOULD BE STAMPED OUT AND BURIED WHERE NO ONE CAN EVER FIND THEM AGAIN.

lol, dats the point of the derep system :)

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Vampiro]Tits or gtfo my internets, srsly guyz, **** this ****, it's too grim for even my standards. It's like... fukken grim or some awesome **** like that. I mean, Darkness Advanced is fukken awesome, so is 4chan. I'm so mad I could go HULK SMASH on all of you. Oh man! IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR

IMMA FIRIN MA LAZOR

But it's all good I guess, right, dawgs? A cat is fine too, I can habeeb it. I'll even TWINKIE HOUSE it. You're all just a bunch of bixnoods that can't handle the fukken awesomeness that is bandwagons and trends. I mean, you're all JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE-WHERE IS SARAH CONNER about it. Just calm the **** down before you get party van'd. Christ, you kids act likes AERIS DIES or some lame SPOILER ALERT like that or some fukken ****.

Like I said though, it's cool. I'd totally stick my penos in all of your collective vagooos. Even cosines vaginas which looks incredibly infected. But before you go all AN HERO about something so small like a simple trend, listen to these words: Anonymous does not forgive.

Tits or gtfo, AMIRITE?

Anywho, I lol'd
You lack the word, "meh." Close, but no cigar.

It didn't fit.

Posted by Xenos

FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT FIT IN.

DON'T MAKE ME REWRITE IT... BECAUSE I WILL

Posted by Xenos

Make sure in the newer version, the whole paragraph does not consist of "meh."

That said, I guess you guys can tell what Internet trend annoy me. As for offline trends ... oh sheesh. I have no idea where to start. Maybe this whole band trend. There are some good ones that come out of it, but most of it annoys me. However, I am usually a good sport when they are playing on the campus. I guess everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows, maybe they will be good at music one day.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Xenos: Make sure in the newer version, the whole paragraph does not consist of "meh."

That said, I guess you guys can tell what Internet trend annoy me. As for offline trends ... oh sheesh. I have no idea where to start. Maybe this whole band trend. There are some good ones that come out of it, but most of it annoys me. However, I am usually a good sport when they are playing on the campus. I guess everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows, maybe they will be good at music one day.

MEH, I think the forum-followings of music are pretty irritating except for the Rush one because Rush is actually an excellent band. [/opinion]

I actually haven't noticed that music thing in a looong time.

Posted by Klarth

SHUTUP YOU LISTEN TO DREAM THEATRE YOU LIKE BANDWAOGNS GRR BANDWASOGN TREND TRENDWAGON GROWLGROWL WOOF I'M SO EXCLUSIVE THAT I ONLY LISTEN TO THE NOISE MY LAMP MAKES WHEN I KICK IT. WOOF WOOF

... oh yeah, I do listen to Dream Theather on occasion. Which I never would have if it wasn't so VG-

oh shi-

Posted by Klarth

YOU ONLY LISTEN TO THEM TO FIT IN

IT'S NOT AS IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY ENJOY THE MUSIC THEY MAKE OR ANYTHING

I STRIVE TO FIT IN WITH THE TWO OR THREE PEOPLE THAT ACTIVELY LISTEN TO DREAM THEATER

Posted by Ant

I think everyone should listen to the same music I listen to. Now that would be funny.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Misoxeny: MEH, I think the forum-followings of music are pretty irritating except for the Rush one because Rush is actually an excellent band. [/opinion]

uh, rush have never been bandwagonned in any sense of the word at VGC.

nor have any band to the best of my knowledge. i don't think anyone here's quite stupid enough to pretend to like music to try and fit in.

Posted by Prince Redon

Wrong, everyone loves Dream Theatre weather they actually do or not. Not to say no one here acutally does like them, just saying too many people pretend they do so they will fit in with the others.

Posted by sabre

okay, right. you sound confident. you base your statement on what exactly?

gut instinct? can you "feel it in your bones?"

Posted by Prince Redon

Not sure if there was ever another thread created, but I remember way back there was a thread of peoples favorite bands, and alot of people posted Dream Theatre. I IMed a few, and some (not all, but most) of them couldn't name 1 song by them. Their excuses varied, but mostly it was "i dunno the names, i just like tha music". Why would I IM them? To see how many of them actually listened to Dream Theatre. I'm not going to lie, I don't listen to them, but I've never heard them, so I can't say weather I would or not, but I'll admit to that.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Prince Redon: Wrong, everyone loves Dream Theatre weather they actually do or not. Not to say no one here acutally does like them, just saying too many people pretend they do so they will fit in with the others.

I'm not going to lie, I don't listen to them, but I've never heard them, so I can't say weather I would or not, but I'll admit to that.

WEATHER IS SOMETHING THAT HAS A POSSIBLE INFLUENCE ON YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, WHETHER IS A CONJUNCTION USED TO EXPRESS THE EXISTENCE OF DIFFERENT POSSIBILITIES

Quoted post: I think everyone should listen to the same music I listen to. Now that would be funny.

I sort of do :(

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Prince Redon: Not sure if there was ever another thread created, but I remember way back there was a thread of peoples favorite bands, and alot of people posted Dream Theatre. I IMed a few, and some (not all, but most) of them couldn't name 1 song by them. Their excuses varied, but mostly it was "i dunno the names, i just like tha music".

Maybe they were listening to a few unnamed tracks, or couldn't remember the names offhand. Plus, if it was in their best interests to decieve, they could have easily entered 'Dream Theater' into a search field and quickly found a few song names by them.