Travis Pastrana Lands Double Backflip At X-Games 2006

Posted by Chiaroscuro

98.60, because one of the judges didn't give him a perfect 10. Gold, of course.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VngJrAIzFNE

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's actually pretty insane and very cool. But, it was only time before someone pulled it off.

Posted by Slade

Saw it on the news earlier... pretty amazing.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

How that does not get a perfect 100 is beyond me.

That was awesome.

Yeah, the commentators mentioned how the judge should basically be shot for not giving him a ten, which I agree with. There's a reason no one even wanted to attempt it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

And the thing is, he made it look so fucking easy.

Exactly. Not only was it the first, it's most likely the smoothest that will ever be pulled off for quite some time. I believe the first time a backflip was pulled, the landing was incredibly sloppy.

Posted by brownoystercult

He landed on BOTH wheels at the same time. ****in' amazing.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Vampiro]Exactly. Not only was it the first, it's most likely the smoothest that will ever be pulled off for quite some time. I believe the first time a backflip was pulled, the landing was incredibly sloppy.

Yep, when Carey Hart pulled off a backflip, he barely landed it. This double backflip is INCREDIBLE.

Interestingly enough, Carey Hart is married to Pink, the singer. If twice the backfip turns to twice the butchiness, does Travis Pastrana now propose to kd lang or Sinead O'Connor?

Hah, I totally forgot it was Hart who did that. I remember watching his show Inked and thinking "where have I seen him before." But yeah, Pastrana is more of a man than Hart is, just because he seems like your typical kid from the south.

Posted by NeXidala

Wow, that was amazing! One of the best jumps I've ever seen! How could he have not gotten a perfect score! I love how perfect it was but I also loved the noise the bike does as it hits the second ramp. Was that the bike or special effect noise?

Posted by Killer Jordo

I was at my friends house when this happened. Chips went flying all over the living room.

Posted by brownoystercult

Speaking of X Games and backflips, this is also sick as all hell: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oh1LoXQi5Ec

Yeah, it almost looked like he wasn't going to make it around... which would have made for a pretty uncomfortable landing. But yeah, stuff like that made this years X-Games pretty awesome.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Well I must say it was awesome....but I sure didnt jump up and down throwing ****....maybe a 'holy ****' escaped my mouth, but thats about it. Yet still very nice.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, it almost looked like he wasn't going to make it around... which would have made for a pretty uncomfortable landing. But yeah, stuff like that made this years X-Games pretty awesome.

I think he got a little scared right before he was going to land because you can see him flapping his arms, but either way he still landed it, which was awesome.

Quoted post: because you can see him flapping his arms

Extra momentum to get him around.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: Extra momentum to get him around.

Oh, I thought it was to keep his balance. Well, you're probably right.

Posted by way2dawn

the double backflip was ****in' awesome! i love watching travis pastrana, no matter what move it is he keeps trying it until he gets it, usually he lands it the first time.

Posted by WackoHater2

That was freakin' sweet!! I gotta start watching the X-Games.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Panic: That was freakin' sweet!! I gotta start watching the X-Games.

I always hear about the X-games and stuff, but I never catch it on T.V.

Posted by WackoHater2

I know when they come on. I always see previews and ****, but I never watch. I could if I wanted to though. I am gonna watch them next year. Hopefully some crazy **** like this will happen again. I remember when I saw Tony Hawk pull off the first ever 900. That was cool.

Quoted post: I always hear about the X-games and stuff, but I never catch it on T.V.

It's only on once a year for three days, so it's pretty easy to miss.

Posted by NeXidala

Yeah, and I try to catch it but I end up forgetting or I can't find the channel. Man, should've watch it this year.............