Does anyone know?

Posted by WackoHater2

Okay, the deal is, my monitor colors are messed up. They have been for the longest time. Does anyone know the default colors? Like the red, blue, green, brightness, and contrast?

Posted by Arwon

Hit it. Always works for me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Find a red, a blue, and a green square and keep going until they're the right colours.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Don't they have test screens available?

EDIT: [url=http://images.google.com/images?q=monitor+test&imgsz=xxlarge]Easy enough.[/url] ;)

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, now I've got the screen tests.. but I look at them and they confuse me. :( I hate being stupid.

Posted by Klarth

...How can they confuse you? Just adjust your ****ing monitor until the colours look correct. If you don't know what red, blue and green are supposed to look like then you're BEYOND retarded.

Posted by WackoHater2

Okay, did that. I have brightness and contrast at 100 though. Should they be lower?

Posted by Klarth

IT DEPENDS IF YOU THINK IT LOOKS RIGHT OR NOT.

Posted by WackoHater2

Forget this crap. None of these moniter tests are working. I'm just putting it all back to 100 like I had it. If I wanna see a picture that looks too dark, I'll lighten it in PhotoShop.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's all about preference. Both of mine are at 100, though they were close to eighty a year or so ago.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

There should be an option to reset it to default. Either that or degaussing should work.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Panic: Forget this crap. None of these moniter tests are working. I'm just putting it all back to 100 like I had it. If I wanna see a picture that looks too dark, I'll lighten it in PhotoShop.

They specifically use "dark images" to prove a point about contrast and white brightness. If you have Photoshop installed on your computer, you already have a monitor calibration program installed on your machine to adjust the brightness and tones of red, green, blue white and black. It should be found in the Control Panel called [URL="http://www.ephotozine.com/techniques/viewtechnique.cfm?recid=12"]Adobe Gamma[/URL] - it will explain how you should calibrate your monitor and remember that the results are based on your visual perception. Everyone sees things slightly differently, how I find a tone of 'red' to be perfect may be different from how you see it.

Don't worry too much about what numbers each setting are on at the end, if you have 100 contract and 21 brightness, it doesn't matter as long as everything looks fine in your own perception and judgement. Each monitor responds differently and adjusts differently based on their model and the way they were designed. Try and download Adobe Gamma if you do not already have it and give it a go - it will work better if you eliminate all surrounding light around you (bedroom light, for example). It allows you to focus on the screens adjustments more carefully.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thanks, that really helped. It looks a lot better now.

I'm not being sarcastic.. just so you know. It really does look better.

Posted by Trigger

Glad I could help.