7-11 announces Wii price...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

...and is clearly run by non-gamers who are totally out of the loop.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24867981&sid=6155289

If they would charge $50 more for a Wii than Nintendo has promised, you'd better get a year of free Slurpiees with it.

Posted by Klarth

$299? I thought they announced it wouldn't be over $200 or something like that.

Posted by Axis

$250, and until Nintendo announces anything I won't believe anything else.

Posted by maian

Eh. I doubt it'll sell for $300. It'll mostly come with a game or two, or 7-11 coupons or something. o_O

Posted by brownoystercult

And here I thought, they don't accept anything over $20 bills.

Actually Axis, Nintendo didn't promise it would be $250. They promised us that the price wouldn't be more than $250, which is a little bit better of a promise, I think. It leaves the price open to be $200, or even the much-drooled-over speculation that it could be $150. Nintendo really wants to set themselves apart from sony and Microsoft this generation, and a low pricepoint like that would allow them to do it quite handily. I don't see why they couldn't take a little bit of a hit on the profitability of their hardware for once, given that they apparently have so many launch titles lined up. With so much software flying off the shelves, they won't have to worry about the manufacturing costs of the hardware.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

**** yeah, I always buy all my gaming needs at 7-11.

Pretty retarded, anyways. I mean, it's 7-11, and it's one of the most closely guarded secrets by Nintendo.

Posted by Axis

When did I say that it would 250 dollars? Klarth was saying that Ninty wouldn't sell it for over 200 and I corrected him by saying 250.

My sitmake. 'Pologies.

Posted by protomanv4

I think they are just saying the wrong price so we can't know what the real price is.

Posted by Apathetic

I would rather buy a slurpee! Wouldnt nintendo pounce on 7-11 for this treachery?

Posted by Boner

Just curious here. But, did anyone take the time to actually read that article? 7-11 isn't actually going to be selling the Wii. They are giving it away as an instant prize.

EDIT:

Quoted post: Checking out the contest's official rules and regulations is likely to induce gamers to do their own big gulp. In the list of prizes and their values, the site shows the Wii as having an ARV ([URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/approximate"]approximate[/URL] retail value) of $299.99, or CA$399.99.

I see no reason to flip out about this.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Just curious here. But, did anyone take the time to actually read that article? 7-11 isn't actually going to be selling the Wii. They are giving it away as an instant prize.

No one reads links if the person summarises it.

Posted by Apathetic

Unless its pr0nz.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Opeth: Just curious here. But, did anyone take the time to actually read that article? 7-11 isn't actually going to be selling the Wii. They are giving it away as an instant prize.

EDIT:

I see no reason to flip out about this.

I clicked the link and I saw contest, so that is the same thing I figured. Never bothered reading the article though. :D