New Computer Parts.

Posted by Roger Smith

I recently ordered a new video card and a new PSU for my computer. I bought a 7900 GTX eVGA 512 vid card, and a 550W Rosewill PSU.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Home%20shots/?action=view¤t=000_0963.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1]Click here to see the power supply.[/url] The image is fairly large..2304x1536 cuz I didn't feel like resizing it. The PSU weighs quite a bit, and it has blue LED lights in it. I'll post pics of the vid card and PC when it gets here. I'll then post my new PC specs.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dude... the 8 series is coming out fairly soon... at which point the prices on the 7 series cards are going to drop. You bought at the wrong time.:(

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Lord of Spam: Dude... the 8 series is coming out fairly soon... at which point the prices on the 7 series cards are going to drop. You bought at the wrong time.:(

If I wouldn't have gotten a card now, I wouldn't have had another chance to upgrade for a long time. I took my chances, and I'll just wait to get the 8 series. Besides, you'll have to get VISTA in order to get the full use out of the 8 series anyway. I can wait.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Ah, if thats teh case, then rock on.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Lord of Spam: Dude... the 8 series is coming out fairly soon... at which point the prices on the 7 series cards are going to drop. You bought at the wrong time.:(

I told him that, but he had to have his 7900 lol.

Mercy, 8 series.... that's double what I have. :p

Posted by Lord of Spam

I cant top the crappy card debate.

geforce2 mx 400. Amount paid: zero. :cool:

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, like you said when the nex gen video cards come out, current video card's prices will drop. Maybe you'll be able to pick up something more powerful.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'll be buying a whole new system

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, I can see how that'd be a better choice.

Posted by Apathetic

Just stay away from DFI lanparty, mine just went bad on me after a year and I heard that its been happening a lot. I just got a new ABIT mobo! Oh and Roger when are the specs coming up :o

Posted by Roger Smith

Sorry specs took so long, the video card arrived earlier today.

eVGA GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB video card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200
2047MB DDR
149GB Western Digital HD
550W Rosewill PSU with blue LED light
Realtek AC97 Audio (Which will change soon when I get my Audiology4)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Home%20shots/?action=view¤t=100_0107.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3]This is what my case looks like, though it's not current. It now has the blue LED lighting from the PSU.[/url]

Posted by higbvuyb

oh ***. I've only got a Geforce 6200 TC (64mb), and that's all I was allowed to spend.

Posted by muffla

I'm prety lucky, at a computer fair found an ATI Radion 9550 for 60$ (this waas a couple of years ago) and to this day it can still let me play the newer games like Half Life 2, Doom 3, Battlefield 2 i am verry satisfied. However in a couple of months when my dad gets a bonus, he will be buying a costimized xps from dell (gonna kick ***) and i will b gettin his old top of the line computer.

P.S. he has all these good computer parts because he works on games for a living ([url]www.igaworldwide.com[/url])

Posted by Apathetic

Mind me asking what brand of ram you got? Oh and nice computer, like wtf are you running on that lol.

Posted by Philsdad

I just got some new parts myself. I got an AMD64 3200+ and a Gigabyte GA-K8NS board. My friend wanted to get rid of it, and I wanted a faster computer so I took it off his hands really cheap. The case this came with was insufficent for me because it only had three 3 1/2 bays, but right now I have 4 HDDs. It's a shame because it was a nice case otherwise. But I ended up swapping some hardware between cases, and put the new board, proc and ram into my machine. I rebuilt my old machine into the other case. I'll either sell it or turn it into a file server. So far this is running pretty nice.