Do you think SSBB will be as much as an improvement as SSBM was?

Posted by Screenname

SSBM was the best game sequel I have ever played. Everything was improved. Do you think the 3rd title will improve as much? or will we just see new chracters/stages. (Either way I'll buy it)

Posted by Pit

I don't think it needs to be improved upon. Melee is practically perfect. What should change are the character tiers and how broken the games characters are. Sheik for example :)

Posted by Screenname

Yeah I agree for the most part. I though SSB 1 was nearly perfect and but when I played melee I was like "WOW". It doesn't really need to improve it self that much either to be considered a great game.

Posted by Linko_16

I can think of a lot of little things I'd change, so it'll be interesting to see exactly what's different. I'm sure I'll approve.

Posted by victimofadown

well i don't think that the game needs improvement. but i hope that gameplay will improve with the help of the wii-mote.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

There's few things a good game can improve upon. Melee perfected everything that was wrong with Smash Bros., albeit that there are still errors (Wavedashing existing, Fox's laser combo, etc.), but what is perfection without some flaws to make it interesting? All Brawl really needs to do --to follow up Melee-- is take out some of the uninteresting stages, maybe jack a few more in, modify some of the characters to eliminate their cheap fighting styles, and do something about the items that makes them worth having around.

That's all I want anyway. In either case, to actually answer your question: yeah, I think it will be.

Posted by Iris

Also, they need to fix it so Zelda and Peach's legs don't stick out through their dress. :( Aside from maybe some new moves, characters, and maps, nothing needs to be changed besides the graphic quality. A few new camera angles would be nice though.

Quoting Iris: Also, they need to fix it so Zelda and Peach's legs don't stick out through their dress. :( Aside from maybe some new moves, characters, and maps, nothing needs to be changed besides the graphic quality. A few new camera angles would be nice though.

I demand pantie shots.

Posted by Iris

Pantie shots? More like stockings/bloomers shots. The girls of SSBM aren't man enough to wear panties.

Quoting Iris: Pantie shots? More like stockings/bloomers shots. The girls of SSBM aren't man enough to wear panties.

Zelda is. Enough people thought Shiek was a man. =/

Posted by vampthetramp

Shiek is a tranny at best (fukken hawt one at that.) She just uses magic to tuck the sack.

Anywho, the improvement won't be as big, as people have said, there doesn't need to be as many improvements. More everything, better balancing, and online is all we need.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Iris: Also, they need to fix it so Zelda and Peach's legs don't stick out through their dress. :(

I figure they'll improve that, but not fix it completely. That's a common problem in tons of games. Objects on the character's person go through their clothing. SSBM's a really good example of that, though. Not only was it a problem with Zelda and Peach, but Link's hat was what bothered me the most. His arm/sword/shield go through the hat with like half of his attacks.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I only noticed that during the first thirty minutes of play. You have to be a pretty big prick to still get bothered by that stuff.

Posted by Ant

I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE BECAUSE OF IT!

Posted by Alastor

I never said it still bothers me. If I pause it then I can't help but notice, though.

[Quote=Ant]I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE BECAUSE OF IT!

See above. Plus I haven't even played since like 2003. Got bored with it seeing as there are only two people around here who are any competition. :(

Quoted post: See above. Plus I haven't even played since like 2003. Got bored with it seeing as there are only two people around here who are any competition.

I still play on my own pretty much every day :cookie:

Guess it helps that I know I'll be playing against friends soon though. They're not as good as I am, but it's fun nonetheless.

Posted by Alastor

I've thought several times about trying to play again in preparation for Brawl, but I kinda decided to just wait until it actually comes out so I can get used to all of the new features and characters and whatnot.

Posted by Dog

Mario got worse graphic wise, along with Kirby :(.

Posted by Screenname

I just thought of this, if they had a story line mode that would be awesome (IMO if done right). Like Bowser and Ganon team up to take over the mushroom kingdom and/or Hyrule

EDIT: Upon futher review I think that should actually be its own "platform" game.

Posted by Samusfreak

I don't think that SSBB will be better than SSBM because I think it's not possible to make SSBB better than this game. In SSBM are sooo many Stages, Charakters and Items, I don't think SSBB will have more than this, but everything is possible in games right? If SSBB has more than SSBM than I wouldn't throw SSBM away because I love this game and I only played it before. So I think it's the same like SSBM.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Samusfreak: I don't think that SSBB will be better than SSBM because I think it's not possible to make SSBB better than this game. In SSBM are sooo many Stages, Charakters and Items, I don't think SSBB will have more than this, but everything is possible in games right? If SSBB has more than SSBM than I wouldn't throw SSBM away because I love this game and I only played it before. So I think it's the same like SSBM.

It's already gonna have more, dolt.

*** your post makes it seem like they're gonna release SSBM under SSBB and will be the same game.

Asides from the new stages, which it'll definately have, it'll def have more character than Melee and stages. Super moves, more items, etc.

Posted by Samusfreak

Your right, but it will be like the last time: First I had the SSB for N-64. I was hoping that the next one has the same levels plus other new levels and I miss this jumping on platforms stage, but in SSBm was much more new stuff like Multiman-melee, Homerun Contest, more stages, some N-64 stages and much much more. The next one will be like the same, they take the best stages of SSBM and will have a lot more Charakters and other stuff. I hope the next one will have some of my favorite stages and items.

Posted by D.J Cat

I think it will be a bigger improvement than last time.

This time they are giving themselves more time, so they can really balance out the characters properly this time.
So matches are decided on how skilled the player is more than who they pick.
So you can be who you want to be, not be someone just to win (Marth, Fox, Shiek etc in SSBM...)

Plus I am expecting a good single player mode + way more characters, levels, and cool modes and fun things.
It will be super cute. :D

Posted by Fate

New characters, moves, stages, minigames, and items were added to the first improvement, which is really what's happening now. The only difference I see is playing on the Wii. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm treating the Wii just like any other console, so the controller bits won't impress me.* I don't see it as a bigger leap than the last one. Sure it's going to be better than SSBM though, no doubt.

I heard it was only playable with a shell or original controller. Is this true?

Posted by Klarth

It's probably going to have a mode in which you can play with the Wiimote (and perhaps the nunchuck), but it's just about confirmed that GCN controllers will work.

Posted by Alastor

I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to use the Wiimote at all, only the GCN controller and probably the shell.

Quoted post: I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to use the Wiimote at all, only the GCN controller and probably the shell.

Only for some sort of easter egg last I heard.

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah, playing with Gamecube controllers is the go.

The thing about SSBM is that it appeals to both the casual gamers and people who want to take it to the next level.
So for the sake of tournament play and the serious 1 vs 1 scene I hope they get the balance right.
And they will.

And casual gamers will lap it up, great graphics, fast , easy to get in to, everything like the last game but more and better.

Quoted post: The thing about SSBM is that it appeals to both the casual gamers and people who want to take it to the next level.
So for the sake of tournament play and the serious 1 vs 1 scene I hope they get the balance right.
And they will.

SSBM was far from balanced. I doubt SSBB will be any different. Most fighting games have tiers because balancing 20 or more characters is near impossible. There will always be exploits, and certain moves that prove to be better than others. SSBB definitely will not be an exception.

Posted by S

The point is to come as close to equal as humanly possible. I think that SSBM was unbalanced but better than alot of games. I think it'll have the possibility to be more balanced now that they know what they're messing with a little better... but it also has the chance to get worse. Time will tell.

Posted by Drewboy64

I told you all it would use the classic controls.
I bet they'll have a special brawl mode where you play with the Wiimote, though.

Anyway, some flaws in SSBM are good, such as clipping (hitting through walls, unless that was on purpose - obviously jumping through platforms was), wavedashing which lots of people use i guess, etc.

I heard they're making the pace of the fighting slower a bit, though.

Posted by Litbut

I think it would be. Every character gets a graphic upgrade and this is the first time we'll see Meta Knight in a 3D form and be playable outside of Meta Nightmare from Nightmare in Dreamland.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting BassGS: this is the first time we'll see Meta Knight in a 3D form and be playable outside of Meta Nightmare from Nightmare in Dreamland.

*coughKirbyAirRidecough*

Posted by veritas

The only character im not fond of is pit. He looks kinda gay.

Posted by Pit

Quoting 2fast4u: The only character im not fond of is pit. He looks kinda gay.

You look kinda gay.

Posted by Tendo

Quoting The Sniper: The only character im not fond of is pit. He looks kinda gay.

no way he doesn't look gay man,what I don't get is isn't Pit a kid in the Kid Icarus games and SSBB he's like 15, I'm not saying its bad (in fact it's the best part)but I was just thinking about that

SSBB will improve on items, attacks, and stages(stuff like that) but It doesn't really need to improve it self that much, SSBM is(and always will be) a sweet game. It would be cool if you could like tag team so during the game you could swich between two characters, or like use a combo move if you were team battling

Posted by O.T.L

the game is gonna be very fun and interesting......

it would be cool if there could be more pokemon characters and use their powers... like .... lugia... or ...blastiose... but o well just have to settle for a random pokemon in a ball

Posted by Tendo

that would be cool but then it wouldn't be a suprise

Posted by O.T.L

what surprize...? instead of jigglypuff maybe squirtle..

Posted by Tendo

oh thats what you ment oops my bad, I agree with that I mean why jigglypuff?so lame,squirtle would be cool. igglypuff and Kirby look to much the same anyway

Posted by Iris

Bump.

I change my vote. SSBB is going to be a tremendous improvement on an already great game. I'm really shocked how much they've revamped it.

Posted by Speedfreak

For me the fact that the handling has gone back to the original Smash Bros instead of Melee's slippery style is a great improvement. Combos should be much easier to string together now.

Posted by maian

Well, that's at least what it looks like. I think I'll be worse with some characters in that respect, but better with others. For example, Kirby. Kirby was amazing in the first SSB, and packed quite a punch. But, he just kinda sucks in SSBM. =/ I am pretty fond of the way the first one worked, though.

Posted by Zeta

Ha, some faggots have actually started boycotting the game because they think Subspace Emissary will leave less room for multiplayer stuff. Said faggots would also use only one stage, three characters, and no items in multiplayer anyways.

Posted by maian

lol faggots

No Smash player will "boycott" this game. It's almost as stupid as a die hard Zelda fan boycotting TP because Link is right handed. "Hey, did you play SSBB? I know SSB is your favorite series" "lol no it has subspace emissary"

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo fanboys freak out over ANYTHING.

All fanboys freak out over everything. What's up, Fallout?

Posted by Zeta

What happened with Fallout?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It became Oblivion 2.

It's not exactly like the first one.

Not sure why the fans are complaining. Have the seen all the past titles? This is a hell of a lot better than anything they've been given in a long time. Plus, chances are now it won't be so unknown.

oh wait, I just discovered the problem.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm personally pumped for it. It shares some similarities with Oblivion, and the first two were good at the time. Can't stand them now.

Posted by Iris

I wonder if the official smash site is going to keep updating every weekday until the game is out. I'd be surprised if they didn't run out of stuff before spoiling too much.

Posted by maian

I wouldn't count on them getting close to spoilers. It's only a couple months, so uh, a couple hundred updates or something. :cookie:

But anyway, not only will Brawl probably have at least twice as much unlockable crap as Melee (The starting revealed roster is already like, half the size of SSBM's full roster?), there's a bunch of, unfortunately, pointless crap they can put on there until the game comes out. ie, every item we know of, maybe some new ones, things we already know (ie the already revealed smash attacks and "combos"), levels, etc.

I think there's still a ton of crap yet to be revealed that we can't even fathom being in the game right now, and of course, they'll take every aspect of SSBM, and show how it's been revamped in some way. (Like, I bet trophies will have a bigger part)

gawd this game will be awesome :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Roughly 100 more updates.

Posted by Alastor

Eighty-five.

December 3rd is the 86th weekday from now, so unless they have a Japan Time on release day, 85 more.

Quoted post: I'm personally pumped for it. It shares some similarities with Oblivion, and the first two were good at the time. Can't stand them now.

Not like being Oblivion 2 is a bad thing. Plus, it seems quite a bit better so far with what little info they've given. **** the franchise if it means I get a good game.

Posted by Screenname

yeah I just saw they revamped single player which looks great now.