help

Posted by nathanfranek

im trying to help my gf lil bro on pokemon fire red i completed crystal n red on the gb when i was younger i just cant work out how to get to saffron city ivel looked at guides on net but they say give the guard a drin k i bought 1 but cannot give it to him why is this can anybod help

Posted by WackoHater2

I dont know wether the kind of drink matters or not. What are you trying to give to him?

Posted by Kit

If it's the same as Pokemon Red/Blue, you buy a drink from the vending machine in Celadon city, go to an entrance and try to walk past the guard, I think.

Posted by Dog

It's at the mart thing on the top floor. You have to get a certain type of drink, but i can't remember what it is. I think it's Water or something.

Posted by GameMiestro

Sorry, but you're all wrong. This drove me crazy for a while, but if you talk to the lady at the bottom of Pokemon Mansion, she will give you some "Tea". Take that to a guard. The vending machine stuff doesn't work in this version.

Posted by WackoHater2

Thanks GM. I had completely forgotten. I dont see myself playing FireRed again any time soon, but if I do, I'll keep that in mind.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, it's the Tea. I find you can usually completely blast through Pokémon if you talk to absolutely everybody.