Vice City Stories info and SCREENS.

Posted by Klarth

http://pspupdates.qj.net/GTA-Vice-City-New-Screens-and-Info-/pg/49/aid/60442#comments

[quote] * You'll be playing as Victor Vance - Lance's brother.
* Victor, and his brother Lance, will be playing a big part in Vice City Stories. He's seen in the opening scene of GTA: Vice City, as he get killed by a SWAT team.
* The game takes place in 1984 - two years before GTA: Vice City
* Victor is a 28 year-old US Marine
* Players can now take on the water of Vice City With jet skis!
* The animations are more life-like and is a ''step-up from previous titles in the series''
* A multiplayer feature similar to the PSP version of LCS is in the game
* VCS is ''much, much bigger than Vice City''
* Some landmarks are half-built or yet to be refurbished to their state circa 1986
* There's new or altered locations and buildings
* All new vehicles and weapons
* You can fly helicopters!
* Radio stations from Vice City make a return
* New weather effects that could include hurricanes
* You can swim in the game!
* Bikes handle better than before
* There's also no more seamless exterior-to-interior gameplay as seen in LCS (There'll be a slight loading time)
* A new addition in Vice City is the chunder-wheel, which you can ride in first-person view!
* Binoculars is in the game
* LCS is ''rookie first-gen PSP title compared to VCS''
* Draw distance is great and is said to be better than Vice City on PS2
* Trip skips make a return (If you die or get busted a taxi will take you back to the location where you received the mission from)
* New animations which give both the lead characters and pedestrians a whole new degree of humanity
* Far richer color palette that brings sunsets to all new levels of beauty, and realism
* Increased density of pedestrians, cars and objects
* Reduction in clumping (where groups of the same model type appear together)
* Far more interiors that its predecessors
* So far there's no word on character and vehicle customization, as well as wall climbing.

What the **** is a "chunder wheel"?

Posted by Roger Smith

Seems like this would be the main reason to get a PSP. Won't work on me though.

Posted by muffla

i would like to see how much bigger and how they change the city because personally i loved the vice city set up and memorized just about every street

Posted by Moogs

YAY! Go VCS! I'll get this game...

Posted by Klarth

The comment about the improved animation and draw distance being greater is certainly interesting.

Posted by Bebop

I'm curious as to how the map is bigger, and how they can explain the size difference between VCS and VC. Maybe there are islands which get destroyed so you cant visit them with Tommy.

Posted by Klarth

I don't know if it means actual size difference or just new missions and indoor areas and ****. At least the good thing about this one is that it'll be easily pirated from the outset, what with devhook and all. Woohoo!

Posted by InsaneGamer066

Allright! I am looking forword to this game. I am a long time GTA fan (I bought a PSP for LCS) This is going to be great.

Posted by muffla

i dno about anywhere else but at the ebgames in ct you can already pre-order it (wich i already have)

Posted by Apathetic

In LCS you could run emulators off it or something, will this one have the same thing?

Posted by Larry The Great

This game will be great.

Posted by Klarth

Elaborate, please.
[quote=Apathetic]In LCS you could run emulators off it or something, will this one have the same thing?
HIGHLY DOUBTFUL.

Posted by Apathetic

****, :(

Posted by marapets

should be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

A chunder wheel is a Wheel of Death. I don't know why it took me so long to post this.

Posted by muffla

21 days baby

Posted by Vg200x

I like how you can rid the quad and the jet ski in this one, I loved riding the quad in SA once I got the hang of it.I played LCS and it was to short I hope they make stuff to play longer .evan tho I got rid of my psp I'm going to find some way of playing.

Posted by muffla

16 days

Posted by Alan

I do think Vice City Stories will be one of the best in the series, everyone likes Vice City and the Empire Building mode sounds so gooood...

Posted by Apathetic

Is this mode something you have to unlock? >.<

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Presumably it'll be a point in the game where you can get to it, but I wouldn't call it 'unlocking', per se. In SA, for example, you unlocked the basejumping, but it wasn't an obvious YOU HAVE UNLOCKED A PARACHUTE type thing.