The Get Wings A 360 Fund

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Haha, I have no idea whether this'll work or not. It probably won't and I'll make a fool of myself; I know what cynical buggers you guys are. But I really want an Xbox 360, and right now I have no money to make it happen. I have DVDs and CDs to trade in against one, but that comes to about half the price of a core system. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm willing to beg.

I'm asking you guys to help. Donate however much you feel comfortable with to my Paypal account at willeth at gmail dot com. If you can only spare a few dollars, say, ten, that'd really help.

Ten dollars is not a lot. In fact, over here it's about £5.35. However, if twenty members of VGC donate ten dollars to me, that's $200 in total - roughly £107. More than enough to push me over the edge to get a 360 and get me into the next generation. And, of course, feel free to donate more or less than this amount - however much you feel comfortable with, and it's without tax!

By all means, if you think that your money would be better spent on an animal charity or something (hai raptor), feel free to donate to them instead, or in my name, or whatever. I'm not going to force you to give your money to me, of course. But here's why you shouldn't.

The person who donates the highest amount of money will get whatever they want written right on the front of my 360 for all to see, in permanent marker. Even if you want 'Wings is a gigantic fag' in Icelandic, or you want to ask a fellow forum member to marry you - you can have it on my 360 for everyone to see and for everyone who comes round to my house to ask questions about. What's more, every member and how much they donated will be remembered individually with a silver marker on the power brick - it's big enough for all of you who want to :D

So, VGC. What do you say? Help a fellow gamer out. Get him an Xbox. And get remembered in a very unique way.

PayPal whatever you feel necessary to willeth at gmail dot com. Who knows, if someone donates enough I might even get it engraved!

EDIT: Anyone donating £6.66 gets rep. :D

Posted by Random

I lack the patience to read it but when you get a XB360, get XBox Live and hit me up. KoH and I are getting our own place and we shall play XBOX LIVE!

Will do. There's a 30-day free trial when you get Silver, and I'll probably use that to gauge whether it's worth the annual fee. But I do, as you say, need a 360 first...

Posted by The Judge

360 sucks and I won't help you :)

Posted by XeroPercent

I just wont help you.

...and if $10 isn't that much then give me $10. I mean, it's just $10 after all.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm seriously considering donating just to force you to write something rediculous on it.

Go for it. :D I'll totally do it. Having a 360 with GRIM written all over the front would be so amusing I'd write it in glow-in-the-dark pen so I could see it when I go to bed and giggle.

Posted by NES Queen

go to Dave & Busters (or the equivalent) and run around stealing all the kids tickets when they're not looking. I just finally moved out of the 8-bit land myself this past month. My friend and I had saved up enough of our D&B tickets (without stealing from kids) to get a free PS2. Feels so odd to not be in 8-bit land anymore.....

*LoS* picked up Katamari today :D

Posted by mis0

HAY WANGS EAT ****. As cynical as I am, I would actually give you some cash had I any to spare. But I am a starving college student now, so that isn't really the case. Sorry. :)

Posted by Killer Jordo

If I had paypal then I'd donate some cash. Probably like $20 or something

Posted by Moogs

I may donate... and if I get the most make you write I suck dicks for cash haha

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Since I'm the guy I am, give me a couple of weeks or so for my debit card to arrive in the mail.

I'll do it then. :)

Posted by junior senior

i'd do this if i had money :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

If I do, the message will be "Hi, I'm (your real name) and I'm a whore, but its cool, because it bought me this sweet 360."

Posted by mis0

If I can scrape together a few bux, you'd have to write either "cactus" or "YEAH BABY" on it. I might pay to see a 360 vandalized. :)

Posted by Fate

Tell me the highest amount given and I will surely top it. Do not lie, though! I'd make you write something more humble, like my name with hearts all over it. <33333

Posted by Lord of Spam

I might pay $5 to get a version of my face doodled on the power supply if you're willing. I need to set up a paypal accounr first though.

I'm willing to write anything on it, draw a face, whatever. But I can only guarantee it if you've donated the highest. If you're not the highest I'll draw it on the power brick, but it'll have to make way for everyone else's names as well. My principles are on sale for the best offer!

For all those without PayPal accounts, they're very easy to set up. All you need is a bank account.

Well, meh. I'm going to cancel this, I guess. I bought one from eBay for about $50 lower than retail price, so I'm fairly happy. Although I did buy it by accident.

If you still want to donate to make up the difference, though, I'm not gonna stop you. :D

Posted by mis0

Will you write cactus on it anyway?

You wish.

Posted by XeroPercent

You rejects, don't give Wings money, give me money. I'm saving up for hair-transplant surgery, I'm going to get all the hair on my entire body moved to my nuts. They're gonna be the fuzziest mother ****ers you ever saw.