most awful experience ever

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

just got back from Family Values Tour. I PROMISED a friend I'd go with him, even though I didn't like any of the bands. .. and I wasn't disappointed. It sucked horribly. Korn, Deftones, Stonesour, and some other not awful female-fronted singer band. Flyleaf or something. *** it was horrible. I've never felt so awkward in my entire life. I just sorta sat there and watched these morons go ape-**** over 5 bands, 3 power chords, and unbridled angst.

Posted by Klarth

Korn? Oh ****. Wow.

How old were most of the people attending? 12?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

most were in their early twenties. Korn was popular amongst them (and my days) of being in middle school. Fat. . . sweaty. . . shirtless men moshing. Ugh.

Posted by Shin-Ra

You sound about as enthusiastic about this show as I did about seeing Warped Tour this year. It was a huge waste of time and money.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine is going and wants me to go as well. She digs Dir En Grey, but **** paying money to see a bunch of bands I've grown to hate. Might as well be going to Warped Tour and watching 15 bands who sound like AFI just to see one decent band like NOFX play.

Posted by keyartist

Yeah those bands suck. Try these Kutless, Supertones, Toby Mac, Hyper Static Union. All great bands.

Posted by Shin-Ra

What does that have to do with going to a shitty concert?

Posted by Hyper

Flyleaf blow.

Posted by MetalVox~55

lol, my apologies, BJ.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1537743/20060802/korn.jhtml?headlines=true

I saw that happen, too. I didn't know the guy was dead :(

Posted by vampthetramp

I'd pay just to see Dir en Grey, because I'm fag. But I decided against it after realising how terrible the other bands are and noticing that gas is too espensive to drive one hour away to view said bands.