Concerning console popularity.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I heard this yesterday. Rather interesting.

If Nintendo are advertising the Wii as a secondary console to buy with any of the others, doesn't that essentially make it the top selling console?

If people buy a PS3 and a Wii, and other people buy a 360 and a Wii, that's twice as many Wii consoles to either 360s or PS3s. Now, it won't work out exactly like that, but still. Discuss.

Posted by TendoAddict

You are correct-a-moodo my friend.

There was a poll on game faq's that asked wich system you wanted. It turned out that more then 80% wanted a wii.

The fact that its cheep and delivers something new that they other systems cant makes in valuable.

Hell, givin its popularity at e3 its soulnds like a "What system will you be getting with your Wii" Rathen then "Will you also get a wii with that system".

Posted by s0ul

Wings, for a smart guy, you make connections pretty **** slowly.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Well, on the face of it it is Microsoft vs. Sony, and Nintendo being seen as the secondary one. And almost every who has a Wii as a secondary console will see it as a secondary, so it won't necessarily be the one that gamers commit to even though they have the highest attach rate. I was seeing it from the perspective of the gamer and not of Nintendo.

Posted by Linko_16

This is a strategy I figured they were already trying to pull off with the GameCube, but the conditions are much more effective now with the larger gap in prices and hardware capabilities.

Posted by Colonel

I read this in my Nintendo Power. It was an interusting idea.

Posted by Last Fog

Many people that want a 360 will only have a 360. People that want PS3 will only have PS3. They're not gonna buy a Wii as well just because it's so much cheaper. It's still more money on top of the expense already spent. It's true to a certain extent though. The majority who do have two consoles will have a Wii and one of the others.

Posted by Random

I honestly think the Wii will probably outsell the others or at least come close. Even me a Pro Microsoft person, I honestly believe Nintendo will outsell the rest. They've got a good marketing scheme, a good fanbase, great idea's for the Wii (BACKWARDS COMP N*GGAS), and a much lower price. It's bound to outsell the others or at least come super close.

Thats my two cents anyways...

Hell i'll be one of the people that has a 360 and a Wii.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, this whole idea came about as soon as both MS and Sony declared Wii to be #2. Suprised a thread wasn't all ready made.

I'll most likely be getting the Wii first, with the 360 later (price drop on both the console and Halo 3).

Posted by Crazy K

Personally I want the WII more then both the 360 and PS3. I could care less for the PS3. If I were to get a 360 I would most definitely get a WII, mainly for the fact that it will be close to the price tag of the PS3. So basically two for the price of one.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Crazy K: If I were to get a 360 I would most definitely get a WII, mainly for the fact that it will be close to the price tag of the PS3. So basically two for the price of one.
See I dont understand that logic... Getting both just because combined they equal a PS3.

Posted by Hyper

Nah, I'll get them both because I want them both and they're both better than the PS3 in my eyes. The whole price thing is just a bonus.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Hyper]Suprised a thread wasn't all ready made.

It...was.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Last Fog: See I dont understand that logic... Getting both just because combined they equal a PS3.

If they want all systems or are undecided Two systems for the price of one is a BIG deal. Not exactly rocket science.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Last Fog]See I dont understand that logic... Getting both just because combined they equal a PS3.

Well As I basically hate Sony as of late, I been far more interested in the WII. As I want the WII, I could possibly get a 360 if I wanted to, which would make it two for the price of one. Besides that I probably will only buy the WII.