Might get a new guitar

Posted by Killer Jordo

Hey guys. So I might be in the market for a new guitar after I finish moving and get a new guitar. I'm looking to get a guitar from [URL=http://www.smartmusic.ca/electricguitars.htm]"here"[/URL] It lists the brands that they retail under the guitar sections. I'm looking for an electric guitar. I'd like a little input from everyone. Mostly the guitar ***s. And expecially Vox.

Price range = $250 - $550 (Canadian)

Not alot of money to run around with I know. I'm not in the market for a really good guitar. Just one that will do the job. As I don't play lead guitar and have o ententions to. I play rythmic guitar. So I don't play alot of solo's or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by brownoystercult

I love how that link lead me to ****in' Adobe.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Why hello thar.

After looking at what that site has to offer, it looks like you'd be better off getting something else from elsewhere.

What do you like to play style wise? What kind of guitar do you have now? What kind of music do you like to listen to, and what kind of guitar tone do you enjoy hearing?

Let me know about those things, and i'll let you know the guitar you'd want.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting MetalVox~55: Why hello thar.

After looking at what that site has to offer, it looks like you'd be better off getting something else from elsewhere.

What do you like to play style wise? What kind of guitar do you have now? What kind of music do you like to listen to, and what kind of guitar tone do you enjoy hearing?

Let me know about those things, and i'll let you know the guitar you'd want.

Music wise I play rock. Not metal. Sadly I have a peavy. And I like an array of tones.

Can you recommend me a good guitar?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Roinkz: I love how that link lead me to ****in' Adobe.

That's because he fails at using the [url] tags. :(

[URL="here"]http://www.smartmusic.ca/electricguitars.htm[/URL]

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: That's because he fails at using the [url] tags.

Fixed. :cool:

When buying a guitar, make sure it's not too advanced for you. If you are new to playing, get something simple. Don't do like I did and get an Esp F-200 with a Floyd Rose tremelo and then stop playing because I couldn't afford getting the strings changed, and was too intimidated by the guitar. I quit for a couple of years because of that and only started playing every so often about half a year ago.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Shin-Ra: Fixed. :cool:

When buying a guitar, make sure it's not too advanced for you. If you are new to playing, get something simple. Don't do like I did and get an Esp F-200 with a Floyd Rose tremelo and then stop playing because I couldn't afford getting the strings changed, and was too intimidated by the guitar. I quit for a couple of years because of that and only started playing every so often about half a year ago.

Thanks for fixing it. And thanks for the tips. I have been playing for about a year now. And I'd like to upgrade. I want something with a thin neck though. I forgot to add that.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Go with an Ibanez RG of some sort. it has everything you're looking for.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Thanks Vox. I'll check around town for one. If not I can always order one from Calgary, or other cities. Thanks :D